Stats: 3,155,852 members, 7,828,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly (16111 Views)

Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by jmoore(m): 6:16pm On Apr 28
Paramount01:

Can you now compare nepa light with solar when it's stable

You don't get it. At a price of 170k nepa bill per month for a residential area, solar is better.
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Nazgul: 6:16pm On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:
Do you even understand what band A is? do you even understand the kind of neighbourhoods that get supplied band A power supply or you are just foolishly emotional?
Be you a tenant or landlord , for you to live in an area with bndA power suply ,then you earn far abovea minimum wage. Do your findings before ranting next time
Let me educate you. In Lagos aside from Ikoyi, VI and Lekki, most of the areas grouped under band A are areas that hosts average or below average Nigerians.

In the South East, I know many areas that are occupied by struggling civil servants that were grouped under band A. How do you explain that?

Come to the mainland and see the areas grouped under band A and tell me if those living in those areas are billionaires. I know of a particular area on the mainland (Ahamadyia) I hope I got the spelling right. It's around Kola/Joke Ayo. Towards Sango toll gate. It's a very poor environment but they were grouped under band A cos their light there is crazy. It stays on for days. How do you explain that?

We've not even talked about businesses, this means that most average businesses would be on the verge of collapse cos most of their profits would be going into electricity. And you feel it's ok?

Shame on you and your god Tinubu.

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by frog12: 6:21pm On Apr 28
only BIG MEN fit afford this shocked shocked

imagine paying 2 million for electricity at home every year
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:22pm On Apr 28
ayo2008:

The justification for increase in power is baseless. This Draconian rule is not healthy for the country
I dey tell you

Ahan! how can leaders be soooo wicked to their people

Reminds me of the conditions that led to the French Revolution

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by pocohantas(f): 6:24pm On Apr 28
Nazgul:

Let me educate you. In Lagos aside from Ikoyi, VI and Lekki, most of the areas grouped under band A are areas that hosts average or below average Nigerians.

In the South East, I know many areas that are occupied by struggling civil servants that were grouped under band A. How do you explain that?

Come to the mainland and see the areas grouped under band A and tell me if those living in those areas are billionaires. I know of a particular area on the mainland (Ahamadyia) I hope I got the spelling right. It's around Kola/Joke Ayo. Towards Sango toll gate. It's a very poor environment but they were grouped under band A cos their light there is crazy. It stays on for days. How do you explain that?

We've not even talked about businesses, this means that most average businesses would be on the verge of collapse cos most of their profits would be going into electricity. And you feel it's ok?

I don't get that stupid argument of theirs. Always claiming that people under Band A are elite Nigerians. Asides a few that got it by special arrangement with the discos, the remaining are (below) average areas. Some might be due to a notable production company in the environ or as CSR.

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:24pm On Apr 28
Houseontherock1:
The best social-welfare program in the country is subsidy! It reaches everyone and everything. IMF's advice that the government should remove subsidy and redirect the money to social-welfare programs is very unfair to the people. Now, they are still paying subsidy and the people are now paying through their noses. It would have been cheaper, easier, more convenient and more people-friendly to simply pay more attention to the subsidy itself undecided
Aswear these regime they are very wicked and heartless
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Contango(m): 6:24pm On Apr 28
AmazingGenius:

https://leadership.ng/new-tariff-band-a-homes-may-spendn170000-on-electricity-monthly/

I spend 233k monthly based on this new tariff. I wan die!

- 3 LG inverter ACs
- microwave
- 2 bath water heater
- washing machine
- maxi dispenser
- gaming: ps5, virtual reality.
-OLED TV

I pity people with more devices. They go spend reach 400k cheesy
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by israelmao(m): 6:29pm On Apr 28
Pity Disco for massive power theft their going to witness.
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:32pm On Apr 28
faceland:

I don't know of private houses but businesses are burning hundreds of thousands of naira on generator fuel & maintenance. They would happily accept 200k bill if the light is at least 20 hours per day.
How much income do those businesses and individuals generate monthly? Why are you guys wicked?

You want Nigerians who are being payed monthly salary in severely devalued nearly worthless naira to pay for the amount that those in UK( £ ) and America ($) pay for electricity?

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:34pm On Apr 28
Nazgul:

These guys are sick
They are out of their minds
They don't know what they are doing

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by jmoore(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28
Contango:

I spend 233k monthly based on this new tariff. I wan die!
- 3 LG inverter ACs
- microwave
- 2 bath water heater
- washing machine
- maxi dispenser
- gaming: ps5, virtual reality.
-OLED TV

I pity people with more devices. They go spend reach 400k cheesy

Una get money, why una never consider solar?

233k a month is 2.76 milion a year.

I rather invest 10 million naira in solar than allow those DISCOs benefit from over pricing.

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by rinaballa: 6:35pm On Apr 28
I disconnected myself 2 weeks ago, only gen and gathering money 4 inverter

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28
frog12:
only BIG MEN fit afford this shocked shocked

imagine paying 2 million for electricity at home every year

They are crazy, seriously they don't know what they are doing

The advisors advicing him are imbeciles
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by emorse(m): 6:36pm On Apr 28
helinues:

How about other African countries?
You mean it's better to compare ourselves with African countries that are sadly poorly managed? What then are we striving for, if not to do better than some failed/failing states?
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by helinues: 6:37pm On Apr 28
emorse:

You mean it's better to compare ourselves with African countries that are sadly poorly managed? What then are we striving for, if not to do better than some failed/failing states?

Sadly poor but paying more on electricity then us.

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by CountinBlessins(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28
Nazgul:

I am a supporter of Peter Obi but i am also not stupid. Name the areas you claim struggling civil servants live that are grouped under band A, stop the lies and cap, which areas are these? Even NERC has listed thye hours for areas to be grouped under band A and there are serious penalties for any disco who vilates this. STOP TELLING LIES angry
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by emorse(m): 6:40pm On Apr 28
VeeVeeMyLuv:

How much income do those businesses and individuals generate monthly? Why are you guys wicked?

You want Nigerians who are being payed monthly salary in severely devalued nearly worthless naira to pay for the amount that those in UK( £ ) and America ($) pay for electricity?
This is by the way but the average tariff in the US and the UK is less than N225/kWh.

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by popcykaylah(m): 6:42pm On Apr 28
Even for uk wey light no dey go, na like 90 pounds a month I dey spend. The light never blink since I enter here .. useless country na him naija be

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by rinaballa: 6:43pm On Apr 28
Mandate1:
170k is okay? Even people in UK don't pay 170k for electricity. Nawa for una óò.
is this uk?
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Coldie(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28
So electricity is more than minimum wage lol
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by jmoore(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:

I am a supporter of Peter Obi but i am also not stupid. Name the areas you claim struggling civil servants live that are grouped under band A, stop the lies and cap, which areas are these? Even NERC has listed thye hours for areas to be grouped under band A and there are serious penalties for any disco who vilates this. STOP TELLING LIES

How many states have you lived in for more than one year?

Only one that is myopic would conclude that only rich people stay in areas under band A.
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Coldie(m): 6:46pm On Apr 28
emorse:

This is by the way but the average tariff in the US and the UK is less than N225/kWh.
So electricity will be 6times the minimum wage monthly?

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by emorse(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28
helinues:

Sadly poor but paying more on electricity then us.

You seem not to understand my point bro. We can't be comparing ourselves with countries that are obviously poorly managed. It's like saying we must suffer for nothing because our neighbours are suffering for nothing. If those neighbouring countries were better managed, they'd be doing better.

Let's be honest, what we're passing through is far from ideal by any standard. And even though it didn't start with this administration, we must make them understand that they were not elected to maintain the status quo of poor management.

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by bigsyke: 6:47pm On Apr 28
Na to just pack comot.
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Contango(m): 6:47pm On Apr 28
jmoore:

Una get money, why una never consider solar?

233k a month is 2.76 milion a year.

I rather invest 10 million naira in solar than allow those DISCOs benefit from over pricing.

It is a rented apartment. The nature of the estate will not really allow for installation of Solar. Moreover, the capital cost for the installation of solar is very high for the duty I’d require
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Coldie(m): 6:48pm On Apr 28
Mandate1:
170k is okay? Even people in UK don't pay 170k for electricity. Nawa for una óò.
Imagine where price of electricity is almost 6times monthly minimum wage, how does that make any sense?

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by BeigJawnson(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28
Ezmans:
my friend at Mary land is crying he said he is spending about 130,000 naira a month
He should go green with solar
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28
Coldie:

I wonder O...
Aswear these our leaders don't have heart 💖 at all to feel the pain of the people 💔
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Brushstrokes20: 6:55pm On Apr 28
eBOLA runs a heartless govt of chronic, insatiable, self serving THIEVES 💯💯💯💯
El druggie and cohorts are all is all shades of nuisance!

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by Nazgul: 6:57pm On Apr 28
CountinBlessins:
I am a supporter of Peter Obi but i am also not stupid. Name the areas you claim struggling civil servants live that are grouped under band A, stop the lies and cap, which areas are these? Even NERC has listed thye hours for areas to be grouped under band A and there are serious penalties for any disco who vilates this. STOP TELLING LIES angry
Stop deceiving yourself. You're a ronu miscreant.

To your question...

In Enugu, thinkers corner housing average Nigerians.

Emene

Trans Ekuku

Abakalii road that hosts innoson plastic and other factories. After MFM prayer city Enugu.

All these areas I mentioned are areas hosting average traders and struggling civil servants. And they're all grouped under band A. Go and verify these areas before mentioning me for a reply.

Now who's the liar?

Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by emorse(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28
Coldie:

Na wetin your fellow Nigerians dey support be that na. May tribalism and religion not finish us in this country.
Re: New Electricity Tariff: Band ‘A’ Homes May Spend N170,000 On Electricity Monthly by emorse(m): 7:07pm On Apr 28
Coldie:
So electricity is more than minimum wage lol
E shock you? grin

Bag of rice nko?

Atiku Reacts To Mambilla Attack, Calls For Justice / Fela Durotoye Flags-off Campaign, Feeds, Clothes Over 500 Less Privileged In AJ. / NYSC Scandal: I Never Claimed To Have Gotten A Degree From OAU – Dapo Abiodun