Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows (10971 Views)

Only Four States Attracted $1.08bn Capital Inflows, Despite Govts’ Trips Abroad / Nigeria Lacks Economic Framework To Attract Dollar Foreign Investment —US Says / Food Security: Nigeria Plans "Operation Feed Yourself" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by CheapHomes1: 6:46pm On Apr 28
Jogs1900:

You are not a patriot.. Continue

how is he not a patriot? is he the cause of inflation, hardship, low standard of living and corruption in government?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Agbadorian(f): 6:47pm On Apr 28
Appletek:

It is not for someone like me . It is for people abroad who have achieved much in life and want to invest, not an underachieving loafer like me who doesn't know the difference between Ikeja and Epe but criticises development in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Agbadorian(f): 6:47pm On Apr 28
[quote author=Agbadorian post=129682795][/quote]
Pele o 😂
Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by CheapHomes1: 6:48pm On Apr 28
realmindz:

Mr Racoon, not everyone is a supporter of Tinubu or Apc, you don’t even need to like him in anyway. That’s absolutely fine and okay.
But at least, love your country and look forward to its progress, we know the leaders have failed and lied and disappointed. But it’s not everything you take with negativity. Don’t let them make you that way, it’s your country bro.
While some people are reading this and thinking investment wise, the first thing a smart person should do is read and think if it’s make sense and how he can take advantage of it. That’s wisdom

what is there to look forward to and taken with positivity? is it his pessimism that is responsible for the state of things in nigeria? you are focusing on the child that is crying and have left the person that is beating the child

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by realmindz: 6:49pm On Apr 28
CheapHomes1:

what is there to look forward to and taken with positivity? is it his pessimism that is responsible for the state of things in nigeria? you are focusing on the child that is crying and have left the person that is beating the child

My comment is for people that have sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by 9JAMac10: 6:51pm On Apr 28
HNICEARTH:
Who go invest?

Invest and they will use your hard earned dollars to buy Richard mille
hahaha. Nigeria is comedy of errors
Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Ykc2(m): 6:51pm On Apr 28
So I will send money I made in austria to Tinubu's government so agbodorians will keep shouting awalokan?una no well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by CheapHomes1: 6:53pm On Apr 28
realmindz:

My comment is for people that have sense

exactly. meaning that you are not one of those your comment is meant for that is why I wrote this for you. what is there to look forward to and taken with positivity? is it his pessimism that is responsible for the state of things in nigeria? you are focusing on the child that is crying and have left the person that is beating the child.

pls help me answer the questions and prove me wrong that you dont have sense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Cmanforall: 6:56pm On Apr 28
Racoon:
Hehehe! Audio investment! So all the claim of attracting DFI still remains a monumental scam. They want to use gbajue means to collect abroad people dollars.

No sane person would now want to invest his hard earned dollar into an economy that is being mismanaged by fraudulent people in an accidental government.

The country should.make exportation easy for people to do. It will boost foreign currency income.

A friend once tried exportation from Nigeria, and he said there are so many hurdles. I don't know if things are better now

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by PepeXKermit: 6:57pm On Apr 28
I hope reno will donate the 10k dollars he claims nobody can win from him following his claims that Obi did not build any new schools. He can donate the money to the "foundation".

on an aside, FG don dey beg for money for diasporans. Money wey them go reloot. They want ordinary citizens to sacrifice and make hard contributions but they are not ready to sacrifice anything. ... Nde Ara!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Apr 28
Ykc2:
So I will send money I made in austria to Tinubu's government so agbodorians will keep shouting awalokan?una no well
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by PepeXKermit: 7:00pm On Apr 28
CheapHomes1:

Valid question, make him answer am

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Temi2468: 7:00pm On Apr 28
RealTrump:
People in d diaspora should give u guys money, d same money that you can decide to divert, to defend naira cheesy wink

I wonder who dey give these people mind cheesy

You have to appreciate their audacity tho grin

I tell you.
Actually, they know that "like the people, like their govt"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by PepeXKermit: 7:03pm On Apr 28
realmindz:

Mr Racoon, not everyone is a supporter of Tinubu or Apc, you don’t even need to like him in anyway. That’s absolutely fine and okay.
But at least, love your country and look forward to its progress, we know the leaders have failed and lied and disappointed. But it’s not everything you take with negativity. Don’t let them make you that way, it’s your country bro.
While some people are reading this and thinking investment wise, the first thing a smart person should do is read and think if it’s make sense and how he can take advantage of it. That’s wisdom

which investment? the investment wey them dey pursue with their actions anyhow? una never know wetin the consequences of the kidnapping of the Binance "executives" means to Nigeria, no worry, una go soon know. Go and tell this to the foreign investors Paul of Landmark raised capital from to start Landmark. you country is 0% condusive for investors and you are here talking about people thinking of investments.. una go learn no worry

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by AreaFada2: 7:05pm On Apr 28
RealTrump:
People in d diaspora should give u guys money, d same money that you can decide to divert, to defend naira cheesy wink

I wonder who dey give these people mind cheesy

You have to appreciate their audacity tho grin
Good luck to any diasporan who will commit even a dollar to such an investment. I would rather dash it to a beggar on the street.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by rinaballa: 7:08pm On Apr 28
Which kind investment? Una go just dey chase investors up n down, the ones wen dey country dey run

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Emmabyte: 7:15pm On Apr 28
To all Igbo abroad please save your money where ever you are stop sending money to your naira account in Nigeria, the country is died forever, by the time this drug pusher and certificate forger finishes with this country nothing will be left

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by OgwashiBoy1(m): 7:16pm On Apr 28
Makunahatata:
keep shut idiot
truth dey sound like 4:30am alarm for your ear.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by porthouse7(f): 7:16pm On Apr 28
sonnie10:
If someone lives abroad, they will borrow 100 dollars at #1050 and send to invest. Tomorrow dollar will increase to #1600.
That your $100 will turn to $62. On top of that your will still pay interest on the borrowed money
Let’s not even talk about the possibility of losing the money due to poor management and corruption.

I am out! That is why sheyi Tinubu would rather buy houses in London.
igbos man sense
Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by israelmao(m): 7:21pm On Apr 28
We can't allow patriotism consume us to the point of losing sight of integrity and transparency, APC-led government has made Nigeria worse than it met.Nigerians in Diaspora are people who think on their feet and can't invest where have leaders with questionable characters,where a man's treasure is,where his heart will be also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by israelmao(m): 7:22pm On Apr 28
We can't allow patriotism consume us to the point of losing sight of integrity and transparency, APC-led government has made Nigeria worse than it met it.Nigerians in Diaspora are people who think on their feet and can't invest where we have leaders with questionable characters,where a man's treasure is,that is where his heart will be also.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Macdeey: 7:23pm On Apr 28
Racoon:
Hehehe! Audio investment! So all the claim of attracting DFI still remains a monumental scam. They want to use gbajue means to collect abroad people dollars.

No sane person would now want to invest his hard earned dollar into an economy that is being mismanaged by fraudulent people in an accidental government.
I Tire wooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by IfnobeGod20: 7:25pm On Apr 28
Appletek:

It is not for you. It is for people abroad who have achieved much in life and want to invest, not an underachieving loafer like you who doesn't know the difference between Ikeja and Epe but criticises development in Lagos
The hope you people have in this government is very high but we have not seen a pint of what to use to trust them. At least Tinubu has gone to three countries for business talks but till date we have not seen the result. The recent one was that of Qatar, with the array of people they went with and the Nigeria money expended on the same trip but surprisingly no single result yet. Wasteful government.
Please who will want to invest in a country with unstable economy, where their reserve that can serve as collateral are been depleted every day. Insecurity is still a serious concern. There are government policies somersault. What of epilepsy power supply. No reasonable investor would want to risk the above and invest in such country.
They are leaving the first doing the second. Let the above vices be cleared first and investors would be happy to come and invest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Professor822714: 7:30pm On Apr 28
Then tomorrow one aboki will spend it on his childrens school fees....

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by LeanonGOD(m): 7:31pm On Apr 28
In a country where every polithifian have access to the hard currency, smh.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by UnfairLife7(m): 7:36pm On Apr 28
Fearyourcreator the mumu man, your clueless government is begging Nigerians in diaspora money grin grin grin

I think say Nigerians in diaspora don't have money like their fellow Nigerians living in Nigeria grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by shoboy9: 7:37pm On Apr 28
Politicians can raise more than $400bn on their own. What is $10bn? If they are serious, let them contribute the money otherwise it will just be another avenue for chops.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by Shattuck(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28
realmindz:

the guy you quoted has always shown love to Nigeria, the govt has not shown any sign of credibility or integrity for anyone to trust their hard earned funds with, looking at the lies of this govt if you were in the diaspora would you trust your funds with them? Nigerians in the diaspora are already investing through family and friends.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by hammer567: 7:40pm On Apr 28
I LONG TOLD THEM NAIRA WILL REACH 4000 TO $1.

DEM THINK SAY NA PLAY.

IF U THINK TINUBU IS WORKING THEN U ARE MENTALLY DERANGED.

TINUBU IS LOOTING AND SINKING NIGERIA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by AK481(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28
And the one that other attracted including the landmark 100m dollar business. You have destroyed.

You didn't bring any multinational but you have destroyed more than 15 under one year

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Plans A $10 Billion Diaspora Fund To Attract Dollar Inflows by motymop: 7:43pm On Apr 28
it is called diaspora funds but majority of the buyers will be hedge funds and big players in the capital market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Evil-Forces Working To Derail Nigeria - Jonathan / Assets Declaration: Buhari, Osinbajo Yet To Complete Process / Presidency Wants HSBC To Return Nigerian Stolen Assets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.