Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes (13652 Views)

Clement Onyemelukwe: 'Father Of Electricity’ In Nigeria Died At 86 (Photos) / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria' / As Nigerians, Can We Ever Witness Stable Electricity In Our Life Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by KingSadeeq(m): 11:59am On Apr 29
umpire1st:
All this rubbish doesn't work. Ac dey of, my fridge no dey light 24/7 again and yet 5k light no dey do me 4 a week
na lie
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by Faposky95: 11:59am On Apr 29
jmoore:

Anyone that fails to adjust or manage consumption will pay the ultimate price to the DISCOs.

If meat is expensive and fish is a better alternative, going to buy fish means glorifying bad policies?

Ask your family... especially the children.....
Dad, I don't like this fish......!!!!!!
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by WantsandMore: 12:09pm On Apr 29
casualobserver:

It’s part of the inefficiencies of decades of subsidies in all aspects of our lives. Like you said even our house designs pay no consideration to energy consumption because energy was so cheap. Big rooms require more energy to cool, we do t design houses for natural cooling etc etc. this inefficiencies caused by subsidies is pervasive in all aspects of Nigerian life and it’s why we have nothing to export because we are so inefficient our products are not competitive with t(e exception of Crude Oil and even the. We’ve managed to cripple that industry because the Nigeria. Pysche has not been programmed to be efficient.

Ask anyone who lives abroad, even window glazing to keep the heat in, door and window seals to keep out air draft and heat exchange to keep the home cooling/heating more efficient are a big deal. Ask a typical Nigerian how much power his appliances use he doesn’t know. The average westerner check the fuel consumption of his car or the wattage and efficiency of his appliances are a factor in purchasing decisions. The good thing is hopefully we have started a process that can’t be reversed, Nigerians will also start focusing of fuel consumption in their purchase choices.
Apt.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by rinaballa: 12:24pm On Apr 29
Orire01:

No sir, we do direct sales only but you can hit me up on whatsapp to discuss more.

Whatsapp number still on this signature
u already said no sir, boss i na acer i wan turn in add money collect.

Guess i will add more ram to d laptop n format it

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by Sheuns(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29
Demurray:

Change your location

If all Nigerians relocate to where there is semi steady power won’t those areas be overcrowded?

That suggestion my dear is not feasible.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by femi4: 12:43pm On Apr 29
jmoore:
A recent increase in electricity tariff was introduced. If you don't manage your consumption, prepare to spend alot.

Here are some ways to manage consumption, which could lower your potential bills.

1. Get rid of those incandescent bulbs of 60 watts, 100 watts. Buy energy saving bulbs of 5 watts, 10 watts

2. Be vigilante when pumping water so you off the pump as soon as the tank is full or install float switch.

3. Your fridge must not be on 24 hours. If you know how well your fridge can retail coldness, you can use your discretion to know when to put it off and on.

4. Standing fans consume less power than AC. You can sleep well with standing fans and not be bothered about high bills.

5. Don't use electric stove(hot plates. Use your gas to cook.

Additional tip: Buy new model appliances with inbuilt inverter. Fridge and AC with inbuilt inverter consume less energy.
No 3 won't work cos phcn is unpredictable. You can only practice that in a saner clime that can boast of 24hrs of light
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by extroveee(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29
jmoore:
A recent increase in electricity tariff was introduced. If you don't manage your consumption, prepare to spend alot.

Here are some ways to manage consumption, which could lower your potential bills.

1. Get rid of those incandescent bulbs of 60 watts, 100 watts. Buy energy saving bulbs of 5 watts, 10 watts

I'm working on a project, free energy for humanity, once I'm done, the whole world will enjoy free energy, let me finish my research and mayerial gathering

2. Be vigilante when pumping water so you off the pump as soon as the tank is full or install float switch.

3. Your fridge must not be on 24 hours. If you know how well your fridge can retail coldness, you can use your discretion to know when to put it off and on.

4. Standing fans consume less power than AC. You can sleep well with standing fans and not be bothered about high bills.

Additional tip: Buy new model appliances with inbuilt inverter. Fridge and AC with inbuilt inverter consume less energy.

I'm working on a project free energy for humanity. This project is ochestrated to provide a free electrical energy for businesses and domestic usage, once I'm done with the research and experimentation, Nigerian first fuel, solar and water free electric energy generator will hit the market. Asap... You won't need DISCOs anymore.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by dalass(f): 12:44pm On Apr 29
Kaycee9242:
Where is the light? Is it not when you see light you will regulate?

Abi oh

I think say na only me no get light.

Sebi it's what you see you try to manage?

1 Like

Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by rhythyson: 1:02pm On Apr 29
jmoore:

Anyone that fails to adjust or manage consumption will pay the ultimate price to the DISCOs.

If meat is expensive and fish is a better alternative, going to buy fish means glorifying bad policies?

I taya for the mumu jare grin grin
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by countryman13: 1:27pm On Apr 29
jmoore:

Me na to go look for money n buy enough token before my Disco change their mind. I bought token of #500 two days ago n was given about 70 units. It simply means i can get up to 700 unts with just 5k
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by Miracle4325: 1:34pm On Apr 29
Not for us that work with the discos 😂😂😂
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by HOSTCOM(m): 1:34pm On Apr 29
Just go look for money and install good solar.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by Niok: 2:00pm On Apr 29
Keep on adjusting just because of suffering
Una too like suffer suffer head
Y'all deserve the leaders you get
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by emelda86(f): 2:24pm On Apr 29
Stabilizer dey consume light well well too.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by emelda86(f): 2:25pm On Apr 29
Niok:
Keep on adjusting just because of suffering
Una too like suffer suffer head
Y'all deserve the leaders you get
What would u advise us to do,so that our leaders won't let us be suffer suffer head?
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by Psoul(m): 3:51pm On Apr 29
Zonefree:
We keep glorifying bad policies in this country.

We are very very wasteful in terms of water and power.
In advanced country, they make sure they do not waste these two thing.
They conserve it to the barest minimum.

When wring you building, avoid all those sockets that have light indicator.
If you have power extension wire, especially those ones that have light indicator on each port, switch of any port that is not at work.
Those indicator lights are tearing ur pockets.
You have AC, and you want to start feeling cool immediately u comes back home, for that u leave it on while going out. U dey ment.
Why will those lights in those rooms that no body is inside be regularly on?
Put it off and only put it on when u enters there. As soon as u are done, put it off.

So my brother, there is nothing like bad policy there.
We are very irresponsible cos we think that we are not paying enough for the service.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by AbujaLagos: 4:11pm On Apr 29
SmartNYSC:
How please?
it's smart home automation
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by samwash(m): 10:26pm On Apr 29
When you tell me to put off AC and other appliances when electricity is 24/7 I go reason with you.
Not when we Don't see the electricity.
We just dey deceive ourselves, the government is not ready, not even thinking of giving Nigerians 24 hrs electricity.
If I may ask wayin be the meaning of band A or band B nonsense they talk about?
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by tanigororo: 3:29am On Apr 30
extroveee:

I'm working on a project free energy for humanity. This project is ochestrated to provide a free electrical energy for businesses and domestic usage, once I'm done with the research and experimentation, Nigerian first fuel, solar and water free electric energy generator will hit the market. Asap... You won't need DISCOs anymore.
So You Want to be GENCO, Ahbi
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by ComonDanny: 5:57am On May 02
I totally agree with swapping out those old incandescent bulbs for energy-saving ones. It's a small change that can make a big difference. And being mindful of water pump usage is crucial too – every drop counts, right? Now, about the fridge – it's all about finding that sweet spot between keeping things cool and not overworking the appliance. I personally like the idea of investing in newer models with built-in inverters for even more efficiency. And hey, speaking of energy solutions, ever considered solar panel installers ireland? I've been hearing great things about them.
Re: How To Manage Electricity In Your Homes by Skyehigher1: 10:05pm On May 05
To be sincere to ourselves power is very expensive metre free is far better than pre paid metre

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boris Johnson At The Abuja Memorial (Pictures) / Aggrieved APC Governors, Others Plot Sabotage / I Have Settled With Oshiomhole - Governor Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.