Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach (25932 Views)

NFF Confirms Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles Head Coach, Finidi As Assistant / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / See What Finidi George Looks Like Now (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Shattuck(m): 7:26pm On Apr 29
LZAA:

All those things are youth tournaments and most of those boys were overaged
Siasia is average
nah Olympics isn't exclusively a youth tournament, a tournament that had stars like messi di maria and aguero who we met at the final, can any local coach do that ?the Olympics is an international tournament even our most cherished memory in football came in the same Olympics stage Atlanta 96, even when he was super eagles coach he didn't lose a game,at the qualifiers the reason we failed to qualify for Afcon then was because he wasn't in charge when we started our qualifier.
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 7:28pm On Apr 29
Awon Finidi to George me,
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by LZAA: 7:32pm On Apr 29
Shattuck:
nah Olympics isn't exclusively a youth tournament, a tournament that had stars like messi di maria and aguero who we met at the final, can any local coach do that ?the Olympics is an international tournament even our most cherished memory in football came in the same Olympics stage Atlanta 96, even when he was super eagles coach he didn't lose a game,at the qualifiers the reason we failed to qualify for Afcon then was because he wasn't in charge when we started our qualifier.
Thank God you said ATLANTA 96
check the age range of most of the players selected by Nigeria and other countries
Cheers
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by penearth(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29
4tomandchi:
Oduduwa Nation to the world I wish him all the best in his new adventure

Na Rivers man o
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by spartachico(m): 7:39pm On Apr 29
Will he finish what he's about to start ?
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by jedisco(m): 7:44pm On Apr 29
Freshtruth:
Because he failed to lift Afcon make him a failure ogaooo. Thank God say Afcon dey next year make I laugh small

Irrespective of how Finidi performs, I'd always be an advocate of equpping and supporting local talent.

We could aswell sit at home and beg oyibo folks to be our doctors, governors, employers e.t.c. infact to come recolonise us. We should give our mineral reserves freely to them, close our refineries and not produce anything rather import all we could from them.

There is no shortcut to success. We have to invest in, build and support local capacity.

3 Likes

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Shattuck(m): 7:45pm On Apr 29
LZAA:

Thank God you said ATLANTA 96
check the age range of most of the players selected by Nigeria and other countries
Cheers
the Olympics is not a youth games,you are permitted to bring three over aged players but 23 years old player is already an adult in life and in football I don't see how him playing over aged players as you claim, how does overaged players become an advantage when you are playing against 23 years old who are already regulars in their clubs in Europe, mbappe, haaland, foden rashford these guys were already stars playing first team football before the age of 23. Siasia is good, you may disagree but the Olympics games is the closest thing to the world cup, for him to have won silver, and bronze on two separate occasion is a testament to that.
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by esivue007(m): 7:47pm On Apr 29
Which one be finidi George for God sake!!
What's his coaching pedigree?

This one can't take super eagles anywhere
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by bishopclin(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29
Freshtruth:

You all are just shouting Amunike up and down do u know amuineke just won just 2 games in his whole Tanzanian coaching career? In went to Egypt he didn't win a match he went to zambia league can't win a match if u want to say under17 then Manu Garba is also qualify to coach eagles too

I tire o. Some people be just be shouting Amunike anyhow like he is the god of Nigerian football. I smell sentiments here. If Amunike was not given the opportunity would he have had those records? Let's give Finidi George a chance to showcase what he has acquired over the years. What is it sef?

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by LZAA: 8:09pm On Apr 29
Shattuck:
the Olympics is not a youth games,you are permitted to bring three over aged players but 23 years old player is already an adult in life and in football I don't see how him playing over aged players as you claim, how does overaged players become an advantage when you are playing against 23 years old who are already regulars in their clubs in Europe, mbappe, haaland, foden rashford these guys were already stars playing first team football before the age of 23. Siasia is good, you may disagree but the Olympics games is the closest thing to the world cup, for him to have won silver, and bronze on two separate occasion is a testament to that.
You are still missing the key point but i agree
The Olympics is not the closest thing to a world cup
Siasia is average
I wonder the sudden clamour for him anyway
The two chances he was given the job he flopped badly
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by LZAA: 8:10pm On Apr 29
jedisco:

Irrespective of how Finidi performs, I'd always be an advocate of equpping and supporting local talent.

We could aswell sit at home and beg oyibo folks to be our doctors, governors, employers e.t.c. infact to come recolonise us. We should give our mineral reserves freely to them and infact not produce anything but import all we could from them.

There is no shortcut to success. We have to build and support local capacity.
I also support local coaches but proper local coaches who have talent and know what they are doing
All the names being bandied around are not the solution
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Iampromoted(m): 8:26pm On Apr 29
esivue007:
Which one be finidi George for God sake!!
What's his coaching pedigree?

This one can't take super eagles anywhere

So who should they have appointed?
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Reflect7: 8:42pm On Apr 29
Jamesclooney:
Good news!
I’m just happy it’s a Nigerian coach, not some foreigner fleecing from our scarce forex!

God bless you and your family for this comment.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Shattuck(m): 8:45pm On Apr 29
LZAA:

You are still missing the key point but i agree
The Olympics is not the closest thing to a world cup
Siasia is average
I wonder the sudden clamour for him anyway
The two chances he was given the job he flopped badly
he was appointed just once as the eagles coach, and the reason he was sacked was because Nigeria didn't qualify for the 2012 nations cup, and the reason why was because the interim coach then I think it was probably eguavoen lost some early games when siasia came in Nigeria was in a position where we needed to win all our remaining games and in the final qualifier he drew i think it was against Benin republic that was how we failed to qualify for Afcon and he was sacked, but he never lost a game except the return friendly against Argentina,which we won the first leg 4 nil in, siasia may not be world class but as far as local coaches go he is by far the best.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by firearcher: 8:48pm On Apr 29
Hmm. Wetin be Finidi's pedigree as a coach? Anyway, thank God that age and responsibility has significantly reduced my old passion for the Super Eagles.
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Christlike01: 9:16pm On Apr 29
As Finidi George is not from their tiny enclave now,their prayers will be for him to fail so that they can say "we no tell you ?",evil people!

Finidi George will succeed as the Super Eagles coach. Let me hear somebody say amen!

2 Likes

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Benrosaria(m): 9:39pm On Apr 29
Someone that was playing football for money and not for the passion he had. So how does he want to teach these youngies how to play with passion

Shiioooor
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Cooletempa: 9:43pm On Apr 29
Why are people calling for Sia Sia? Was he not banned for match fixing?
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by femi4: 9:47pm On Apr 29
brain54:
Amunike has a more impressive coaching cv...

Finidi is already in the system. Support continuity. Let buid on Afcon success
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by femi4: 9:47pm On Apr 29
Cooletempa:
Why are people calling for Sia Sia? Was he not banned for match fixing?
His ban expires by Dec. CAS reduced it to 5yrs or so

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by jedisco(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29
LZAA:

I also support local coaches but proper local coaches who have talent and know what they are doing
All the names being bandied around are not the solution

The conversation of what local (or African coach) to give is a healthy one. But the sentiment that a white man is better suited (mainly because he's white) is what I'm against. Afterall our last AFCON cup was won by a Nigerian coach.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Abdulsaddiq: 10:03pm On Apr 29
It’s good as we are promoting our citizens
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Omodua(m): 10:16pm On Apr 29
naptu2:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/29/breaking-nff-appoints-finidi-george-as-super-eagles-head-coach/
naptu2, it's a wrong decision. Finidi's Enyimba crashed out in Africa Football League contest last year. In fact, they were at the bottom of the table. This is under Finidi watch/tutelage.

Same Enyimba under his watch crashed out in the preliminary stage of the CAF Champions league. Ditto Remo stars F.C. It's only Rivers United F.C that made it to group stage of the CAF confederation cup which they crashed out in quarter finals and ensured Nigeria still had four teams representation on the continent.

Now,such a person is elevated to tinker super eagles. A failure. A disaster!

In contrast, Amuneke ,people's favourite was dropped purely on primordial considerations.
Ibrahim Gusau is Amaju Pinnick Boy and he anointed him as his successor last year. Ever since then, he exercises influence on decision of NFF Board.

Last week, Amaju Pinnick flew the kite by saying he supports Finidi to take over as Paseiro successor in absence of foreign coach.
He gave phoney reasons for his choice. I told a friend that NFF leadership will appoint Finidi George as the text coach because he represents hands of Esau. NFF is mere voice of Jacob.

So, don't be surprised with appointment of Finidi George. It's the handiwork of Amaju Pinnick who now calls the shot in NFF decision makings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Flexyup: 10:42pm On Apr 29
This NFF folks they behave like buhari
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Pedro334(m): 11:01pm On Apr 29
i hope they will allow him choose his players .
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Justnation: 11:07pm On Apr 29
What is the sin of Emmanuel Amuneke, why the embarrassment
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Reflect7: 11:09pm On Apr 29
Sangoamadioha1:

It is Mutiu Adepoju that is called headmaster.

Ohhh..... Eagles legend, Mutiu Adepoju. grin

That dude always gave his all in the Green White Green.
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Reflect7: 11:12pm On Apr 29
Justnation:
What is the sin of Emmanuel Amuneke, why the embarrassment

Relax.....If Finidi doesn't do the job as required, they'll give it to Amunike.

He's only 53. There's time. He will coach Eagles.
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Damilola20000: 12:06am On Apr 30
Nigeria is not going to the next world cup
Nff just decide to waste these generation of talented super eagles
Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Damilola20000: 12:08am On Apr 30
[quote author=Justnation post=129702586]What is the sin of Emmanuel Amuneke, why the embarrassment [/quote

I don't no y they don't like him everything still boils down to corruption.

Amuneke is ahead of findi any day anytime

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by Emlproperties: 12:32am On Apr 30
penearth:

Na Rivers man o
He's from Bayelsa but born in PH.

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach by membranus: 1:18am On Apr 30
santaclaws:

Exactly. With the calibre of players that made us win the Atlanta Olympics, we really have no business using foreign coaches.

Finidi, Amunike, Garba Lawal, Okocha, Kanu, all these guys are world class talents. But as usual, we don't value our own talents.

Being a good footballer does not translate to being a good coach. Ask Lampard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lewandoski Agrees Personal Terms To Join Barcelona This Summer / Napoli Beat Juventus To Win The Coppa Italia Final / Chelsea Accuse Man United Fans Of Making Homophobic Chants During Their Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.