Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) (2616 Views)

Is Lagos Indegines Becoming Hostile To Other Yorubas / The Stupidity Of APC Yorubas Will Put Other Yorubas Across Nigeria At Risk / Reverend Sister Defends Her Master Degree Wearing Biafran Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by igwebuike01: 8:06pm On Apr 29
grin
Internal strife in Yoruba land is worse than any other tribe but they present opposite imagine in the media

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by illicit(m): 8:32pm On Apr 29
Actually the founders of ibadan were warriors and part time bandits

✌️

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by Cindypresh(f): 8:33pm On Apr 29
Who dey envy Ibadam of all places??

Well nigerians are full of envy and hatred for each others, even in their immediate family they hate and hate and hate.

It's only evil heartless politicians that they don't hate...if not tell what business incompetent buhari/tinubu has with winning election in this country?

I don't pity them again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by haffaze777(m): 8:40pm On Apr 29
God bless Ibadan city,Every Yoruba clan have stake in Ibadan, Ibadan belong to Egba,Oyo,Ondo,Ijebu and all other Yorubas like Ekiti, Ijesha and the rest I can't mention

16 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by FreeStuffsNG: 8:44pm On Apr 29
Anyone who underestimates Ibadan Oluyole and the indigenes is obviously ignorant and has poor knowledge of history.

Some of the smartest people in academia are from Ibadan and it was a costly mistake that made late Cicero of Esa Oke, Chief Bola Ige, lose the Oyo state gubernatorial election in 1983 against an Ibadan son, Dr Olunloyo.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by igwebuike01: 8:50pm On Apr 29
haffaze777:
God bless Ibadan city,Every Yoruba clan have stake in Ibadan, Ibadan belong to Egba,Oyo,Ondo,Ijebu and all other Yorubas like Ekiti, Ijesha and the rest I can't mention
Another no-man's-land? Na so una declare Lagos and started crying when Igbos joined your bandwagon. When did having a stake mean the same as belonging? Igbos also have a stake in Ibadan, I heard they dominate a commercial district called Iwo road. If Ondo claim Ibadan nothing stops igbos too.
Abiriba people are the largest investors in Aba but never claims to be part of Aba ownership. They are all proud of their Abiriba town which they have turned to "small London". Na una people de make others declare your land no-man's-land

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by HypocriticalObi: 8:51pm On Apr 29
Peter girigory Obi people are still in unbearable agonizing bitterness and grieves coupled with unabated anguish over yes daddy religious war daddy lost of election

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by Donaldoni: 8:58pm On Apr 29
Piiiigggs... smiley

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by JohnAOne: 9:02pm On Apr 29
Peter Obi will NEVER be President...
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by Babalegba(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29
igwebuike01:

Another no-man's-land? Na so una declare Lagos and started crying when Igbos joined your bandwagon. When did having a stake mean the same as belonging? Igbos also have a stake in Ibadan, I heard they dominate a commercial district called Iwo road. If Ondo claim Ibadan nothing stops igbos too.
Abiriba people are the largest investors in Aba but never claims to be part of Aba ownership. They are all proud of their Abiriba town which they have turned to "small London". Na una people de make others declare your land no-man's-land
Maybe you should read the history of the yorubas to understand the issue. Ibadan was the war training ground of the yorubas and all the yoruba clans were represented there at the onset. Kingship there is by courage and achievement on the battle field , which is why the succession arrangement for Ibadan is still different from other Yoruba towns
By the way early ibadans were bandits and the other clans never forgot

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by AfonjaConehead: 9:20pm On Apr 29
Helinues Afamed muchado FreeStuffsNG ttalk flokii totit stola seunmsg legendhero elsudani pakute burob exousiAng yorubold holluwhakemmy hitlerwasright bosskesh spagettiluv yorubademonswag etrouble sulaak ijebuwarrior paraman etc will say those ones mocking the Ibadan are Igbos 😁

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by haffaze777(m): 9:30pm On Apr 29
igwebuike01:

You be dindinrin,Ibadan was founded by warrior from all the place I mentioned earlier, you don't know anything and you won't keep shut when people who knows are speaking.

12 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by phorget(m): 9:35pm On Apr 29
HypocriticalObi:
Peter girigory Obi people are still in unbearable agonizing bitterness and grieves coupled with unabated anguish over yes daddy religious war daddy lost of election

Stale.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by MMempire(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29
Mod, move to front page please.
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by Bendeco2020: 10:04pm On Apr 29
igwebuike01:

But bro, what's your business with their matter?

Some of you sabi Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by christejames(m): 10:17pm On Apr 29
She should ignore them, they don't know that even the rustic brown roofs give us some ancient inspiration kiss

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by Putinofrussia: 10:29pm On Apr 29
All Yorubas own Ibadan and Ibadan is more developed infrastructurally than the entire SE Igboland.

14 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by LagosFirstSon: 10:35pm On Apr 29
Putinofrussia:
All Yorubas own Ibadan and Ibadan is more developed infrastructurally than the entire SE Igboland.
Remove Lagos from south west and Yoruba land will be like sambisa Forrest

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by Putinofrussia: 10:49pm On Apr 29
LagosFirstSon:

Remove Lagos from south west and Yoruba land will be like sambisa Forrest
lol

Ibadan Is more developed than the 5 SE states combined.

Ibadan doesn't make noise like some people.
It just proves that it is more developed than the entire SE Igboland.
I challenge you to post 8 different places in the entire SE,
You cannot find even 6. grin
This is a few video from Ibadan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKiFOlQLD9Q

IBADAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5cTJ__o_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32VZT99kUQE

KOLAPO ISHOLA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRSDE-im3s

OLUYOLE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mpaAoK1Do

Olivia Ilozue talk on few properties in Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3VN1ZbJZw

Westlink Iconic Villa Ibadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwGG5sAyc3k

One of the commercial hubs in Ibadan....AKALA EXPRESS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqRvFnQWafM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqnps1-093M

https://www.youtub xxcxe.com/watch?v=ftA8UOWBR2M

IBADAN.

Alalubosa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5RITI0SIL4

Tiger Mini Estate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-meSSVDK_c?si=5UPq90q9FmNn2yL9

14 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by PureFace1(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29
igwebuike01:

You are just an ignoramus that think himself an intellectual.

Yoruba sub tribes from all over Yoruba land gathered to found Ibadan, it started as a war camp and it is not a no man's land, it belong to Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by vonlogon: 12:43am On Apr 30
illicit:
Actually the founders of ibadan were warriors and part time bandits

✌️

They were crusaders/Mercenaries, after the conquest era, no one was hiring them again, their way of life was going on a nose dive crash, so they resorted to robbery, over time, they were being over powered and that degenerated their violent robbery to pilfering and burglary. Not all Ibadan though, those that belongs to the clan of crusaders, the ones known as Jo'gun o mi, Let battle rest.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by proeast(m): 2:07am On Apr 30
Calling Ibadan a city to me is mockery. Have you all seen what they call slums in South Africa, Europe or even Asia? If you haven’t, I have seen them and most of them actually look better than Ibadan!

I have seen villages in those places too and I was appalled to realize that they all have better aesthetics and are far more livable than Ibadan.

So, it’s sheer ignorance calling Ibadan a city, because it’s not. Ibadan is actually the world’s largest slum!!!

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong and I will flood here with pictures of villages in those places and compare them with Ibadan. Likewise, I will also bring pictures of slums and actual cities from those places and also compare with Ibadan.

The earlier the status quo of Ibadan the world’s largest slum is accepted as facts, the better the chances of taking remedial actions (even if it means demolishing 90% of it and rebuilding afresh).
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by DMerciful(m): 2:11am On Apr 30
After you guys will say only Igbos insults
HypocriticalObi:
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by proeast(m): 2:13am On Apr 30
proeast:
Calling Ibadan a city to me is mockery. Have you all seen what they call slums in South Africa, Europe or even Asia? If you haven’t, I have seen them and most of them actually look better than Ibadan!

I have seen villages in those places too and I was appalled to realize that they all have better aesthetics and are far more livable than Ibadan.

So, it’s sheer ignorance calling Ibadan a city, because it’s not. Ibadan is actually the world’s largest slum!!!

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong and I will flood here with pictures of villages in those places and compare them with Ibadan. Likewise, I will also bring pictures of slums and actual cities from those places and also compare with Ibadan.

The earlier the status quo of Ibadan the world’s largest slum is accepted as facts, the better the chances of taking remedial actions (even if it means demolishing 90% of it and rebuilding afresh).

Anyone up for the challenge??
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by DMerciful(m): 2:14am On Apr 30
Always competing with Igbos wey pass una. Instead of competing genuinely, you guys result to tribalism
Putinofrussia:
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by proeast(m): 2:17am On Apr 30
It was the situation of Ibadan that made Donald Trump to call Africa shithole. Ibadan shouldn’t be allowed to continue being a source of embarrassment to Africa.

We are ready to help, even if the people lack the resources to give themselves a decent city befitting of 2024, we can crowdfund for them.
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by DMerciful(m): 2:17am On Apr 30
Yorubas are not one historically. The kiriji wars attest to that.

You guys became 'one' recently to be able to compete against the Igbos. Else, you stand no chance. Infact, nobody stand any chnace
PureFace1:

Yoruba sub tribes from all over Yoruba land gathered to found Ibadan, it started as a war camp and it is not a no man's land, it belong to Yoruba.
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by chopnaira: 2:20am On Apr 30
DMerciful:

You guys became 'one' recently to be able to compete against the Igbos. Else, you stand no chance. Infact, nobody stand any chnace
So we united after the kiriji war to compete with a tribe unknown to us. When did ibos? Start moving of their hinterlands to the SW, aside the ones sold into slavery that ended up in Freetown.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by chopnaira: 2:24am On Apr 30
PureFace1:

100%. Ibadan was a fort. A military town and training camp with soldiers from all over yorubaland.
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by DMerciful(m): 2:33am On Apr 30
Your unity started in the 40s when Igbos started dominating everywhere.

Before then the British forced you to unite under colonial Nigeria else the troublesome kings will be sent on exile
chopnaira:

So we united after the kiriji war to compete with a tribe unknown to us. When did ibos? Start moving of their hinterlands to the SW, aside the ones sold into slavery that ended up in Freetown.
Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by PureFace1(m): 5:00am On Apr 30
DMerciful:

Nobody is competing with a tribe of cannibals that just came out of the bush recently and we civilized.

Your inferiority complex is making you delusional.

One Yoruba sub tribe like Oyo, Ijebu , Ijesha, egba is more successful than Igbo not to even talk of the whole Yoruba.

Without Yoruba majority of you would still be dwelling in the bush and on top of trees, we were the one that taught you how to write and read and civilized you even your educated and successful people like Nkojo Iweala and Chinua Achebe completed their education in Yoruba land and in the same Ibadan you insult.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Lady Defends Her City From Mockery By Other Yorubas (picture) by PureFace1(m): 5:11am On Apr 30
proeast:

If Ibadan is not a city then south east must be a very big pigsty for pigs

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ahmadinejad Visiting U.S.A? / The Ohakim Scam Goes Full Circle In Imo State / Ekiti Rerun Election REC Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.