Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,158 members, 7,829,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! (25642 Views)

Three Abia State University Lecturers Die On The Same Day / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries / ASUU Strike: Ngige Begs University Lecturers To Have Mercy On Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by delpee(f): 8:41pm On Apr 30
The annoying thing is that the empty heads take up the spaces of better performing students, whose scores are well earned, but end up in department's they never asked for. The fraudulent ones hike up the scores with their various cheating methods and get the best courses.

At the end of the first year, some will change courses, some may drop out and some pass out with low grades.

2 Likes

Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by thanks4idias: 8:43pm On Apr 30
The Waec officers this days are very corrupt, they aid these exam malpractice ( custodians),
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by frog12: 8:44pm On Apr 30
that's why you end up with rude doctors

delpee:
The annoying thing is that the empty heads take up the spaces of better performing students, whose scores are well earned, but end up in department's they never asked for. The fraudulent ones hike up the scores with their various cheating methods and get the best courses.

At the end of the first year, some will change courses, some may drop out and some pass out with low grades.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Kepukepu: 8:53pm On Apr 30
Universities are worse.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by RickyJesus: 8:56pm On Apr 30
femicyrus:

So you didn't know jamb was programmed in such a way that you can't score 100 % in any subject..
Fake questions and answers are planted deliberately to reduce your score
There is no exam that does this.

1 Like

Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by RickyJesus: 9:02pm On Apr 30
Chemlite:
[color=#006600][/color]

104.7%
Walai... The country problem big
Both of wuna dull.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Bankowner: 9:07pm On Apr 30
if indeed the figures quoted in the post are true, can you blame students for doing badly when even Premium Times cannot add up simple figures.

Total results released should be 1,927,935 not 1,842,464 and the percentages added up total 104%. How is that possible?
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by RickyJesus: 9:09pm On Apr 30
membranus:

So true.

My ward finished from a private school and cleared his WAEC and NECO science subjects. We suspected the school helped their students to pass these exams, because the boy hardly read at home. To test him, we obtained external GCE form for him, he attempted the exam and failed all the subjects, except Civics.
Atleast he is civic.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by NoToPile: 9:11pm On Apr 30
membranus:

So true.

My ward finished from a private school and cleared his WAEC and NECO science subjects. We suspected the school helped their students to pass these exams, because the boy hardly read at home. To test him, we obtained external GCE form for him, he attempted the exam and failed all the subjects, except Civics.

They are the ones who have killed the system, except for a few who have moral standards. There are still good ones though that imbibe honesty but they are few.

Ordinarily a child who cleared Waec and Neco should be able to pass most subjects in GCE - same type of exams, maybe only in sciences where you have alternative to practicals instead of pure practical and there are tutorials you attend and resources available to tackle that one.

Let me give you an example of how bad I think it is. We know Waec exam questions leaked some time back then at least I can recall that of 2005, several papers had to be re written after students have solved leaked questions.

As bad as it is these days even if exams leak some of these students will not be able to solve leaked questions at home, they will still have to solve it for them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by tuzle(m): 9:16pm On Apr 30
ChangedMan1999:
Thunder fire πŸ”₯ you

Are universities better?

Universities where lecturers for no good, justiciable and reasonable reason will just be hating students

Where not less than 70percent of lecturers have tested the Kuntus of different female students

See, it is even lecturers that are encouraging laziness among the female gender; when these females finally experience that allowing them lecturers stab their womanliness won't kill them, rather it will result upgrading their actual score, they will be looking down on hardwork.

Lecturers will contribute to your low self esteem, which mostly last a life time; they will humiliate you in such a way that you strongly believe that you are a failure

Forget what Pan Africanists tell us about loving our blackness and continent Africa; black man is nearest to the giant fork wielding devil with tail.

Listening to these lecturers talking ill about politicians will leave you in wonder and aware; you will be like is it this heartless man that is talking about immorality of politicians

To hell with the opinion of university lecturers

Lastly telling secondary school teachers and parents to muster all their efforts for the development of students is like a dentist filling up a rotten tooth without first clearing the cavity. The government are the ones that should first be told to be responsible.

Due to governments callousness and wickedness parents who should chanel at least 50 percent of their energy on their children won't have no choice but to muster more of the energy on work in order to feed, shelter their family.

So government should first be talked to before writing hypocritical letter to parents and students

I think it depends on the school. Some universities just have sadists as lecturers and the system has favoured the lecturers a lot but in some schools like the one I went to, nothing concern the lecturers with u provided u don't pass ur boundary. I don't think I related with Amy lecturer throughout my stay or I saw any student that got punished unnecessary. There are sometimes u may have problem with script sha but that can be resolved with rectification.

2 Likes

Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by femi4: 9:29pm On Apr 30
seguntijan:
Jamb also really need to raise the bar. No chance for mediocrity, if you can not make it to the University, find your way to vocational institutions which is really the backbone of any serious nation's development
If they couldn't pass with low bar, what do you think will happen when the bar is raised. Infact, waec n jamb lowered the bar not long ago yet the failure rate is on the high
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by femicyrus(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by femicyrus(m): 9:40pm On Apr 30
RickyJesus:

There is no exam that does this.
Ok
But have you seen 100% in any subject in jamb before?
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Babastrong(m): 9:49pm On Apr 30
Don't pity the "olodos". place them on probation and give them advice to withdraw. send them back to their parents.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Kumta: 9:49pm On Apr 30
Kelklein:
Please leave the poor teachers out of this..

The state governors should be called out πŸ’―πŸ’’ for the rot in the Secondary Education and in extension the primary education systems across the country..

The Governors pay these teachers next to peanuts (that is those that even agreed to employ some decent numbers of teachers in the first place).. the primary school ones under the comatose Local Government (thanks to the state governors stealing their money) don't even have the privilege of being paid peanuts... how do you expect the products of these rotten systems to turn out..

Primary and Secondary Education systems in Nigeria need a state of Emergency declaration..

We would have that discussion when we are ready..

I want to use this opportunity to appeal to the Nigerian C-in-C, call all the governors like Oshiomole recounted, at least call those in your party if you can't call all of them. Appeal to them to stop stealing local government money. Appeal to them to invest more in the local grassroot in terms of primary education, primary healthcare and Agriculture.. these three done at the graasroot are capable of turning around the fortunes of our country as the three have security dimensions to them..

Let's for God sake put the people first in reality.. let those concerned get serious with governance πŸ€”πŸ€”
we really need the mercy of God almighty in this country. The whole system is rotten to the core and one keeps wondering where we're heading to.
I am a secondary school teacher in grade level 08, receiving 30k monthly salary under the state government. School will be resuming on Monday and I know that no matter how I want to commit myself to work, it's not possible because I don't even have the means to be transporting myself from Monday to Friday to begin with.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by RickyJesus: 9:50pm On Apr 30
femicyrus:

Ok
But have you seen 100% in any subject in jamb before?
I was not opportune to see 1.8M applicant result.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by donmik: 10:27pm On Apr 30
chaddy16:
JAMB is good.

Waec and NECO are the problems.

The simple solution is make the DG of Jamb also the DG of Weac and NECO, then you'll see changes. SHIKENA

God bless you.
You are one person that wishes Nigeria progress
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by femicyrus(m): 10:27pm On Apr 30
RickyJesus:

I was not opportune to see 1.8M applicant result.
Bros
Go and sleep.
Good night
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by donmik: 10:31pm On Apr 30
[quote author=ChangedMan1999 post=129713875]Thunder fire πŸ”₯ you

Are universities better?

Universities where lecturers for no good, justiciable and reasonable reason will just be hating students

Where not less than 70percent of lecturers have tested the Kuntus of different female students

See, it is even lecturers that are encouraging laziness among the female gender; when these females finally experience that allowing them lecturers stab their womanliness won't kill them, rather it will result upgrading their actual score, they will be looking down on hardwork.

Lecturers will contribute to your low self esteem, which mostly last a life time; they will humiliate you in such a way that you strongly believe that you are a failure

Forget what Pan Africanists tell us about loving our blackness and continent Africa; black man is nearest to the giant fork wielding devil with tail.

Listening to these lecturers talking ill about politicians will leave you in wonder and aware; you will be like is it this heartless man that is talking about immorality of politicians

Lastly telling secondary school teachers and parents to muster all their efforts for the development of students is like a dentist filling up a rotten tooth without first clearing the cavity. The government are the ones that should first be told to be responsible.

Due to governments callousness and wickedness parents who should chanel at least 50 percent of their energy on their children won't have no choice but to muster more of the energy on work in order to feed, shelter their family.

So government should first be talked to before writing hypocritical letter to parents and you

You made a point!

The lecturers should first set examples to the private school teachers and to the politicians
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:41pm On Apr 30
GreatVocalist:

It's people like you that make teaching difficult, discouraging these young ones from learning with this bad mindset.
Who school help? Oga keep quiet
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Shaev7(m): 11:26pm On Apr 30
seguntijan:
Jamb also really need to raise the bar. No chance for mediocrity, if you can not make it to the University, find your way to vocational institutions which is really the backbone of any serious nation's development
Make them raise the bar to the fullest you hear.
You should ask yourself, globally in the next 50 years what do you think of the existence education?
We're going the era of where that word "formal education" may not be applicable. Abi you no dy read the society and the economy?
One of the sustainable course may be Medicine, yet one can't tell.. the young men these days do they even know what mediocrity is? Fraud everywhere me and you be like mumu for where them dy.
Only God go help us in the future...
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Shaev7(m): 11:31pm On Apr 30
ChangedMan1999:
Thunder fire πŸ”₯ you

Are universities better?

So government should first be talked to before writing hypocritical letter to parents and students

Your points are valid bro. People think is parent and teachers alone.
They forget the government that flawed the system. A country where criminals rules, what do you expect?
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by RickyJesus: 11:39pm On Apr 30
femicyrus:

Bros
Go and sleep.
Good night
Good you know how stupid your speculation is
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by ruffhandu: 11:42pm On Apr 30
seguntijan:
Dear secondary school teachers and school owners, please, help the students and the public by ensuring that students in your school write examinations by themselves and merit the grades they brandish on their SSCE results.

We are tired of seeing students with A1 in Mathematics but cannot resolve the smallest of fractions. A student with distinctions in Physics and chemistry but knows next to nothing about chemical reactions or energy conversion. Students with distinctions in Literature, Government, and CRS, yet blank on the differences between Drama and Prose Fiction, the forms of Government, and the significance of Religious stories.

I had to ask some year 1 students to look for a tutorial teacher to help them with JS 3 and SS1 mathematics recently. The whole 16 of them in my Engineering class with excellent SSCE results are visibly confused at the sight of any arithmetic work. Their last semester's performance betrayed the several A1s and B3s on the WAEC they carry about.

These students you help acquire grades they can't defend are usually frustrated in the ivory tower. Save them a voyage of pain and regrets in the future by ensuring they are well tutored and allowed to prepare and write their examinations unaided.

#nigeria #education #patience #future

And when they come you and your colleagues complete what the teachers started and dump them in the labour market like that after collecting money from the boys and sex from the girls. Nigeria ntoorr
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by youngdabold19: 12:30am On May 01
chaddy16:
JAMB is good.

The simple solution is make the DG of Jamb also the DG of Weac and NECO, then you'll see changes. SHIKENA

Unfortunately, WAEC is not a Nigerian institution.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by itzadorable333: 12:47am On May 01
seguntijan:
Dear secondary school teachers and school owners, please, help the students and the public by ensuring that students in your school write examinations by themselves and merit the grades they brandish on their SSCE results.

We are tired of seeing students with A1 in Mathematics but cannot resolve the smallest of fractions. A student with distinctions in Physics and chemistry but knows next to nothing about chemical reactions or energy conversion. Students with distinctions in Literature, Government, and CRS, yet blank on the differences between Drama and Prose Fiction, the forms of Government, and the significance of Religious stories.

I had to ask some year 1 students to look for a tutorial teacher to help them with JS 3 and SS1 mathematics recently. The whole 16 of them in my Engineering class with excellent SSCE results are visibly confused at the sight of any arithmetic work. Their last semester's performance betrayed the several A1s and B3s on the WAEC they carry about.

These students you help acquire grades they can't defend are usually frustrated in the ivory tower. Save them a voyage of pain and regrets in the future by ensuring they are well tutored and allowed to prepare and write their examinations unaided.

#nigeria #education #patience #future
The teachers, are they not products of the system too? double-victims, rather
Or is the kettle calling the pot black now?
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by Jokerman(m): 6:12am On May 01
NoToPile:
Private schools are the culprit

Lol... Imagine a private secondary school charging 30K per term for Jss2.... How can such a school employ good teachers to teach the students??

Na to do special centre now πŸ˜‚
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by inforesource: 6:39am On May 01
Mr lecturer sir, they won't, money has be clouded their eyes and parents are not helping matters.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by DOM7: 7:17am On May 01
For neglecting the foundation ( primary and secondary) school teachers and facilities Nigeria will leave to regret this to eternity,this is just the beginning, you can't run away from your shadow.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by jackie111(m): 7:29am On May 01
chaddy16:
JAMB is good.

The corruption done within this sector is alarming. This is done by the invigilators, the teachers and sponsored by the students and sometimes their schools. The security operatives present for the exams are sometimes complicit.

I am not even talking about exam centers where students use the Internet to answer the questions.

As long as the models and structures exist, trust me the situation will remain the same. Your suggestion is nice though.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by 123papas(m): 8:00am On May 01
It affecting the workplace. The quality of graduates, sometimes - I get dazed. Engineering students can’t solve engineering problems.
Re: The Plea Of University Lecturers To Teachers In Secondary Schools!!! by esiri4jesu(m): 8:58am On May 01
JAMB is the only genuine exam and true reflection of a student intellectual capability

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission 2011/12 For 2nd List Waiters.lets Meet Here / OAU Lecturer Slaps Student / OAU Students Locked Down INEC Offices In Ife And Disrupts Training(PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.