Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,376 members, 7,836,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds (29840 Views)

Felix Osilama Okpoh, Wanted By FBI For $6 Million Scam Surrenders To EFCC / Nwanta Anayoeze Arrested By EFCC For $8.5 Million Scam / Customs Seizes $8 Million At Lagos International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by FIRDAUS3(m): 11:59am On May 01
When you hear the names from that region enh shocked

Sọra fún wọn o, oluwa awa pẹlu ẹ o grin
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by ochiosa(m): 11:59am On May 01
Pickers picked. Next Base Jare.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Fujiyama: 12:08pm On May 01
onome2013:
I was in a TilTok platform with some others whom are from Canada & USA, we were asked to introduce ourselves, as soon as I called my name and that I am from Nigeria, they blocked me not to participate in the discussion again. THAT WAS HOW I FINALLY EXITED MYSELF FROM TICTOK. WHAT A SHAME.

^^^
grin
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by SpatialKing(m): 12:09pm On May 01
They learnt from Tinubu

Their mentor

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by samuelson06(m): 12:18pm On May 01
dauntless15:
What's annoying is the things they're spoiling for honest Nigerians who are trying to make it legitimately, like me for instance I have great digital skills I spent money and years learning, and everything I tried to get a remote job failed because the moment they realize I'm Nigerian they all take to their heels, everything will be going smooth until I honestly tell them where I'm from cuz they assume we're all the same, now I can't get remote jobs and every options I've tried to legally leave this country has failed, it's unfair that everyone has to pay the price for the sins of some stupid people, make una pity us.

Same thing here. I lost three interviews because of being a Nigerian. They'll select my CV and send my name to their recruiter but the moment those recruiters know I'm a Nigerian, it ends there.

One even promised to send me money to set up an office but it never worked. I don kuku dey do YouTube now. I won't be applying again. I know how I felt by then. I don't want that feelings again.

4 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Forkthiefnubu: 12:27pm On May 01
TheBillyonaire:
Sounds watery and spurious.

No plaintiff, no hard evidences just looking for black people to fill the jails.
Very bogus , a lover helps out another and it eventually did not work out and suddenly it is a crime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by wiseoneking: 12:32pm On May 01
TheBillyonaire:

No plaintiff, no hard evidences just looking for black people to fill the jails.
Are you serious or you’re related to any one of them. My prayer is that some people with such opinion like you would one time in their life time encounter these scammers that will put you in the-same position as the victims.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by everythingtall3: 12:34pm On May 01
sorry about your experience o , But na small you see so , when you travel out of the country you will see more even among the blacks. I was on a flight with an african from nigeria. We kept talking until he asked which country i came from , immidiately i mentioned nigeria, This nigga just went blank, he never spoke a word to me ever after.
onome2013:
Scamming innocent people of their HARD EARNED MONEY. GIVING SOME PEOPLE'S SHORT LIFE , DISGRACING OUR COUNTRY, & MAKING THE WORLD NOT TO TRUST ANY NIGERIAN AGAIN.
I was in a TilTok platform with some others whom are from Canada & USA, we were asked to introduce ourselves, as soon as I called my name and that I am from Nigeria, they blocked me not to participate in the discussion again. THAT WAS HOW I FINALLY EXITED MYSELF FROM TICTOK. WHAT A SHAME.
We need to change our ways, in other to redeem our good image, because we are the most intelligent being on earth.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Quebec91(m): 12:36pm On May 01
cheesy
youngsahito:
They don finally pick Agba picker.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Tingotoe: 12:37pm On May 01
Newlymarried:

Source
Each and every one of them of southern Nigerian descent. The greatest ruiners of the Nigerian label on the foreign stage

3 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Susily(m): 12:40pm On May 01
dauntless15:
What's annoying is the things they're spoiling for honest Nigerians who are trying to make it legitimately, like me for instance I have great digital skills I spent money and years learning, and everything I tried to get a remote job failed because the moment they realize I'm Nigerian they all take to their heels, everything will be going smooth until I honestly tell them where I'm from cuz they assume we're all the same, now I can't get remote jobs and every options I've tried to legally leave this country has failed, it's unfair that everyone has to pay the price for the sins of some stupid people, make una pity us.

What are the options you've taken to legally leave this country?
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Fearyourcreator: 12:55pm On May 01
SAMBARRY:
Una don carry una stupidity reach America.wonfi sheyin ni.must you steal before you become successful?

You're already giving oyinbos the impression that you're no better than the leaders you complain about.people are yet to get over the shock of Yaya Bello's kleptomania,una don start una own
No be today... Citizens thief,leaders thief both just want to drag one and the other ... Thievings

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by rinzaugustine: 12:57pm On May 01
How stupid can some be be? Greed and laziness ghave turned this people to morons who has abandoned all the opportunities America got to offer for an end of the road stupid journey. America never stops investigating crimes. They are still investigating crimes that happened 80 years ago not to talk of ones that happened recently. They will serve jail term, be deported and their future permanently ruined due to stupidity

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by 24kmagik: 1:06pm On May 01
onome2013:
Scamming innocent people of their HARD EARNED MONEY. GIVING SOME PEOPLE'S SHORT LIFE , DISGRACING OUR COUNTRY, & MAKING THE WORLD NOT TO TRUST ANY NIGERIAN AGAIN.
We need to change our ways, in other to redeem our good image, because we are the most intelligent being on earth.

This is the rubbish we keep telling ourselves.
Which rubbish most intelligent?
What has the so called most intelligent people invent or developed that the world is using?

Keep on massaging your ego with that nonsense believe

5 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Ewedegubbler: 1:07pm On May 01
Aza men don become prisoner oo

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by PepeXKermit: 1:10pm On May 01
dauntless15:

you are just whippingup excuses for your inability to succeed in your field. they are spoiling honest nigerians cho cho cho, like say you no corrupt in your own right...if you have ever tried to outsmart another person for anything even as little as jumping a line, you are part of the bigger problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by santaclaws: 1:11pm On May 01
SoNature:

I think it's easier to make fast money in Nigeria than abroad. When those people travelled to the US and realised that they have to work every day to make it, they turned to crimes. Nigeria is a virgin land full of opportunities. Our major problems are lack of money and government support.

Nope, it's just the old saying that "a lizard won't become a crocodile if it relocates to the river". If you're a scammer in Nigeria, you won't become responsible when you leave the country too... Most of these guys were scammers in Nigeria, that's why they continued it in America.

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by CodeTemplar: 1:11pm On May 01
Lol...urhobo n itsekiri party with special appearances from the usual suspect(olaoyes and okoyes).

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by CodeTemplar: 1:16pm On May 01
onome2013:
half the names are delta names. Next time identify as citizen of heaven. Lol.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by steeltrust: 1:21pm On May 01
TheBillyonaire:

na why Nigeria no fit better
You think say security for here na like efcc or ona Yeye police

Here the system built for transparency
If you do anyhow you’re going for it with concrete backing

No be naija wen person like yeye bello steal 80billion and still yet no body fit hold am

Law made for the poor only

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by vickydevoka(m): 1:39pm On May 01
BigDawsNet:
Nice...

If u are a yahoo boy and you lucky to secure a visa to 1st world country... if you love yourself and ur people.. just retire before you enter that plane...

Abroad is not a place dat accept scamming...
You will be traced, caught very fast and do time...
Once the case is reported, you must be caught.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by SAMBARRY: 1:48pm On May 01
Coronavirus1:

Oyinbo steal pass black man those stealing our mineral resources what are they called? Inasmuch I don't support yahoo oyinbo are criminals
agreed but they don't steal unreasonably at the expense of their own people's welfare
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by SAMBARRY: 1:58pm On May 01
Fearyourcreator:

No be today... Citizens thief,leaders thief both just want to drag one and the other ... Thievings
so how then can we change the country,how can other countries respect us when we Keep using greed to destroy each other.if everybody turn to rogue how can you even see space to enjoy your loot? How can your money be safe in the bank, how can you entrust your health with doctors,how can you be safe on the roads ? Nobody wins with selfishness and wickedness
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by CluelessMODS: 2:00pm On May 01
CuriousCart:
And just like that, Oduduwa republic secession is dead & buried. Thank you FBI.
You are block headed comprehension na problem.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by CluelessMODS: 2:02pm On May 01
Saturnalia:

Spurious? As in they were framed up abi?

Every objective & rational mind knows that the majority of Nigerians abroad are into shady criminal enterprises.

Both the ones abroad and their families back home will then raise their filthy hands in their Churches & Mosques to worship their Gods - for showering them with his blessings, prosperity & protection.

They will then update their social media handles with words like:

“Oh! He has been faithful, from generation to generation.”

“Oh! His mercy endures forever.”

Why Nuclear Missiles or Fire & Brimstones from Heaven are yet to fall and obliterate these hypocritical charlatans is still beyond me.
Majority of Nigerians abroad are into shady deals? You well so? I don't think so.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Timetravel88: 2:02pm On May 01
TheBillyonaire:

Sense is far from you! You want to defend Nigerian yahoo yahoo like you are just hearing about their nefarious activities online.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Perewenkle1: 2:09pm On May 01
“Spurious? As in they were framed up abi?

Every objective & rational mind knows that the majority of Nigerians abroad are into shady criminal enterprises.

Both the ones abroad and their families back home will then raise their filthy hands in their Churches & Mosques to worship their Gods - for showering them with his blessings, prosperity & protection.
They will then update their social media handles with words like:
“Oh! He has been faithful, from generation to generation.”
“Oh! His mercy endures forever.”
Why Nuclear Missiles or Fire & Brimstones from Heaven are yet to fall and obliterate these hypocritical charlatans is still beyond me.”

This comment is very insulting, I have lived in USA for more than four decades, I have not know any person who is a fraudster, my friends are hard working, go to work and live good, all own their houses, please mind how you make general statements, you maybe hurting others.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by SAMBARRY: 2:10pm On May 01
ScamDemicEra:

....... chicken or egg, which comes first ??
I don't understand whatever it is that you're driving at but there's no justication for stealing
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by NOwazobia: 2:18pm On May 01
South south, specifically Delta State is well represented.

The youths there have gone insane ever since the Internet fraud went mainstream.

Others represented, are Yorubas, and Igbos... undecided

Death to all fraudsters, whether political or non political.
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by Riskymarvelous(m): 2:21pm On May 01
89green:
What did they pick
they picked prison

1 Like

Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by kelvindj98: 2:23pm On May 01
PepeXKermit:

you are just whippingup excuses for your inability to succeed in your field. they are spoiling honest nigerians cho cho cho, like say you no corrupt in your own right...if you have ever tried to outsmart another person for anything even as little as jumping a line, you are part of the bigger problem
Yahoo boy don drop quote
Re: Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds by dauntless15(m): 2:36pm On May 01
PepeXKermit:

Drink water and get something to punch, venting your miserable life and frustrations through pained utterances online won't help your mental health, I leave you to it, I can't indulge a donkey.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor Runs With Member's Car After Asking Him To Bring It For Prayer / Man Arrested For Hiding In GTBank Ceiling In Kebbi / Meet Blessing Okoedion: Ex-prostitute, Sex Trafficking Victim, Now Saves Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.