Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

"Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu (44523 Views)

Maryanne Moghalu: I Opened The 'First' Nail Studio In Tanzania / Maryanne, Moghalu’s Wife Requests Second Marriage Proposal. He Reacts / Kingsley And Maryanne Moghalu Celebrate 26th Wedding Anniversary With Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by MsOnyi24(f): 4:45pm On May 01
OldBeer:
Finally
I thought your people already agreed to leave enmasse after the last elections. Wetin happen?

I hear they are demolishing computer village and Alaba market soon. Hope it won't still be empty talks by then. 🤔

We are leaving do not worry, you will see the effects in a 1-2 years.
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by MsOnyi24(f): 4:51pm On May 01
mrvitalis:

We are waiting for all ports to be made equal

So we can import and export from any port we choose

Once we get that otilo

They wouldn't make all ports equal because they are afraid of what the Igbo man will do.
Igbo land will be like Dubai in less than a decade.
Let them open the ports, what are they so afraid of
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by donbrowser(m): 4:54pm On May 01
fastseo:

Do u know the state of such roads? Do u know that TA orji left Aba Neglected?
Do you know that ikpeazu also left Aba Neglected even though he is an Ngwa man?
Even his place at obi Ngwa he never built or renovated anything.

ABA was gone and Alex Otti is now reconstructing all abandoned road..

Port harcourt road.
Umule road from 7 deck to tonimas junction.
Cemetery road.
Ehi road.
Umuodu
Umuode road.
Omuma road
Bakassi to ahia Alin
The road beside first bank @ mcc junction and many street roads around that axis I can't mention.
Many many many roads are being upgraded.. Rehabilitated..

You don't know how we use to suffer in aba that's why u open ur mouth to talk trash. U don't know how we use to swim with human shit when rain fall.

Mr man u better appreciate good things

I only asked that you mention 3 things Otti has done. Simple. Not ongoing

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by OkoRemi2023(m): 4:55pm On May 01
David160:

Do see igbo people defending any of these corrupt politicians the same way Ronu slaves are defending Tinubu

Igbo that praise uguwanyi and even named him gburugburu?

Peter obi was cursed by you m0rons 8yrs now you're hyping yet Igbo don't praise corrupt politician

When it comes to corruption talk, you Iggbo should be the least to talk but you can since you people are shameless

3 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Forumites: 4:56pm On May 01
Airlord2030:
Every time talk talk. When will you guys take action?

We don't need your bloody investments in lagos. Take it back to your region na.!!

If you are not wanted in a place, then you leave. Abi them swear for you to die there?
what a poor mind
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by OkoRemi2023(m): 4:56pm On May 01
Benzigler:

Where do I start with you, most of your so-called leaders have one or two criminal records cases outside Nigeria, the same cannot be said about the Igbos or do you want me to count them for you? Tinubu is a drug cartel and everybody is aware

All this your jargons doesn't change the fact that he's your president till nnamdi kanu leave prison to lead you people to the same place ojukwu led your ancestors to during the civil war

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Ykc2(m): 4:57pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

The section demolished was illegally sited on federal land and the demolition excercise carried out by federal govt through the ministry of works headed by an Ibo man.

One of them on this thread is even asking that they de-invest from Lagos and invest in coastal towns which I infer is in the same SS that this road network project is meant to open up.

Now tell me how SS people will want to sell prime real estate to them after they opposed the project that will make the adjourning lands along the route spike in value?

This coastal highway project normally should attract commendation and support from their likes as it will surely see to other coastal towns in the SS opening up for business, investments and tourism.

But for their myopic hatred inspired by pure bigotry for anything good outside their region , they have now shot themselves on the foot and kneecaps.
if you believe that this coastal way will be operational then you be complete ewu gambia,ajeokuta steel complex 1977 till date not operational ,kaduna refinery not working,port Harcourt refinery Not working, lagos Ibadan express way 150 kilometers 15 years not completed,when UK and France wanted to build France English tunnel they started from France and England the same day but our lagos calabar coastal road started from only from lagos so by the time a northern president will abandon the project lagos will have nothing to lose, we know all the tricks ,lagos government just want to repossess some peoples land in that island
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by MsOnyi24(f): 5:01pm On May 01
StOla:
This one has used her Igbo victimisation disease to kill her husband's career in Nigeria.

Those whose property were demolished by Peter Obi, what warning does she have for them?

Will the same federal government not demolish properties in all the states that the coastal road will pass through on Federal Government land?

What is her advice for those investing in those states?

An Igbo cannot hide himself in a crowd. Their character will eventually come out as it did when Oby Ezekwesili disgraced herself over a cheating Igbo girl.

Igbos think Igbo all the time, as such, they are the victim of every government policy except it is within their Igbo land and perpetrated by their fellow Igbo like Peter Obi.

Yorubas need to realize this about those they accommodate.

SHUT UP MEHHNN - YOUR BREATH STINKS LIIKE MY DOG'S SHIT.
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by ElSudani: 5:04pm On May 01
Dafresh:
She is 100% right

She is right, if she has not already gone. She should pack her bags and leave immediately.

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by emmanuelbrown26: 5:26pm On May 01
anonymous1759:

Simple question have turn to jamb question, mention one Igbo business bigger than Glo you cannot .
All the slums at Alaba down to shibiri, iyana era who dominates it?
You guys just chest beat for no reason, you’re trying so hard to always be the victim .

Saying Yorubas don’t no how to do business just because igbos is dominating Lagos with shops is more like saying Americans don’t Know how to do business or are not hardworking because they don’t have much number of them working in Nigeria is mere ignorance.

The profit , , Exxon Mobil, shell pull out from Nigeria alone is way much bigger than what our hundreds of thousands of Nigerians citizens are making there .
The last time I checked igbos have the smallest amount of investment compared to Yoruba , Hausa Fulani in Lagos Stop chest beating nobody send Una .

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by MsOnyi24(f): 5:48pm On May 01
Noahokino:
Mathew 12:34. " .....out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh". See the person whose husband wants to become the president of Nigeria coming out online to say this sentimental phrase. Remember Nigerians don't forget words. If your husband will really become president, you will need the vote of lagosians and yoruba people. Just a word of advice

She is right and I will not be investing in Lagos.
Neither will my friend or anyone else I know.
The ones spilling trash here I am sure know nothing about business.
People take your businesses elsewhere.
Abuja is the FCT if you insist on been in a vibrant city.
Lagos is an overpriced SLUM.
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Greenfaces: 5:48pm On May 01
BigkokoRep:
Them no go hear, but their investment go hear am! If you have properties or sellable investment in Lagos, kindly walk up to a bank, take a short term loan, equivalent or 80% of the investment worth, using your property as collateral. Kindly default and allow the bank take the property!

Divest from Lagos. Locate any town or village with access to sea outlet and buy properties. One day, infrastructures go reach there and the Lagos property market will go bust!
You didn't provide a valid reason. Why is lagos property loosing value anytime soon. Its not because of the sea port that properties in lagos have value. The population is an advantage. There is no sea port in kano state for example and properties grow in value very fast
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by StOla: 5:55pm On May 01
MsOnyi24:

She is right and I will not be investing in Lagos.
Neither will my friend or anyone else I know.
The ones spilling trash here I am sure know nothing about business.
People take your businesses elsewhere.
Abuja is the FCT if you insist on been in a vibrant city.
Lagos is an overpriced SLUM.

Do you mean the same FCT where the same "is it because I am Igbo" is already renting the air over Wike's activities?

The only solution is for Igbos to have their businesses in Igbo land so that when Peter Obi or Theodore Orji or Charles Soludo is the one doing the demolishing without even any compensation, the rest of Nigeria will have some peace when every is quiet without tribal noise of victimisation.

So you, your friends, and all those you know should be better advised.

Go to where you cannot cry wolf.

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Enemyofpeace: 6:11pm On May 01
Amoeba has spoken
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:15pm On May 01
Dafresh:
She is 100% right

That's from a first lady aspirant

Funny people

1 Like

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by gidgiddy: 6:17pm On May 01
Igbos should make money in Lagos, but invest back home
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by blaise26abj(m): 6:20pm On May 01
I am disappointed in her comments .

Nigerians are tribalistic and brainwashed to always seek out tribal sentiments .

This man HAS NO documents to show he owns the land . No one has looked at the economic benefits of the road but busy shouting up and down about a stupid investment that lacks due diligence . Most people shouting here will kill anyone who dares to encroach in Their family land . Government just takes longer .

People are not asking why he didn’t go to court if he feels robbed . Very lawless bunch

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by LyfeJennings(m): 6:23pm On May 01
Benzigler:

Answer the question and stop laughing like a retard undecided
I'd report U to the admin so they will ban U
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Benzigler: 6:25pm On May 01
TopBanter:

I am sure you have at least six drug dealers in your family per the norm in every Igbo family.

Better save your credit for when NDLEA raid your residence and you need to make a call from jail.

Ain't you ashamed that your brother the president of Zoo is a drug criminal? grin
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by michoim(m): 6:25pm On May 01
Racoon:
Not when some demented corrupt visionless bigots are in an accidental government.
Wao!!!
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by villagereporter(m): 6:29pm On May 01
OldBeer:
Finally
I thought your people already agreed to leave enmasse after the last elections. Wetin happen?

I hear they are demolishing computer village and Alaba market soon. Hope it won't still be empty talks by then. 🤔

Otondo
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by drlateef: 6:30pm On May 01
OldBeer:
Maryanne Moghalu, the wife of former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) deputy governor and ex-presidential candidate Kingsley Moghalu, has sparked a social media storm with her recent social media post cautioning against investing in Lagos.

In the wake of the contentious dispute between Landmark, a prominent real estate developer, and the Federal Government, Maryanne Moghalu took to Social media to share her advice. Her post, which has since garnered over 200,000 views, serves as a warning to potential investors regarding the current climate in Lagos.

It's worth noting that Kingsley Moghalu was the presidential candidate for the Young Progressive Party (YPP) in the country's general election in February 2019.

The controversy surrounding Landmark and the Federal Government has raised concerns about the stability of investment opportunities in Lagos. Maryanne Moghalu's post adds to the ongoing dialogue about the implications of such disputes on the business environment in Nigeria's commercial capital.

You see why these tribal bigots can never rule Nigeria. See the hatred! Just because some visionary leader sees farther than they can see. The same vision that he took to reclaim the land from sea so that people like owners of this resort can make billions from the reclaimed land. They should give them their Biafra please. We need our peace. Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Benzigler: 6:30pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

Savage!

Your president and your brother Tinubu is a well known drug cartel in chicago United States, ain't you ashamed he became your president? spit
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by kayusely70(m): 6:32pm On May 01
Airlord2030:

We don't need your bloody investments in lagos. Take it back to your region na.!!

If you are not wanted in a place, then you leave. Abi them swear for you to die there?
I wonder ooo!
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by villagereporter(m): 6:33pm On May 01
Airlord2030:

Why are some people so daft because of ethnicity? It has been stated since d beginning of civilization that indigene does not develop their environment but strangers or non indigene, so why we Yorubas are not seeing the bigger pictures, it begs beggar's belief.
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Omoluabi16(m): 6:33pm On May 01
Some things are better left unsaid.
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Benzigler: 6:37pm On May 01
OkoRemi2023:

All this your jargons doesn't change the fact that he's your president till nnamdi kanu leave prison to lead you people to the same place ojukwu led your ancestors to during the civil war

The drug cartel being president of Nigeria is the reason nobody take Nigeria seriously anymore, i know you won't understand because of mud house with brown roof you sleep everyday in Osogbo
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by AuschwitzPrefec: 6:53pm On May 01
Benzigler:

Your president and your brother Tinubu is a well known drug cartel in chicago United States, ain't you ashamed he became your president? spit

Rant harder.

3ys to go for another disapointment.

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by AuschwitzPrefec: 6:55pm On May 01
Benzigler:

The drug cartel being president of Nigeria is the reason nobody take Nigeria seriously anymore, i know you won't understand because of mud house with brown roof you sleep everyday in Osogbo

And Obi will never ever be president .

2 Likes

Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Benzigler: 6:58pm On May 01
drlateef:

You see why these tribal bigots can never rule Nigeria. See the hatred! Just because some visionary leader sees farther than they can see. The same vision that he took to reclaim the land from sea so that people like owners of this resort can make billions from the reclaimed land. They should give them their Biafra please. We need our peace. Nonsense!!!

Honestly I don't get it, are you the one who determine who rule and who does not rule?
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by Benzigler: 7:00pm On May 01
AuschwitzPrefec:

And Obi will never ever be president .

Are you the one who determine who rule and who does not rule? i would appreciate your response grin
Re: "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu by AuschwitzPrefec: 7:02pm On May 01
Benzigler:

Are you the one who determine who rule and who does not rule? i would appreciate your response grin

Yes!

I have been calling elections since 1914.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Kills 9 Social Media Influencers Who Work With Boko Haram (Photos) / Amputee Hawker Apologizes To Nigerians For Lying; Accuses Her Grandma For ...... / State By State Breakdown Of Goodluck Jonathans Achievements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.