Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,008 members, 7,835,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% (17226 Views)

UK Bans Overseas Health Workers From Bringing Dependants / Japa: UK Stops Nigerian Students, Others From Bringing Dependants. / UK Home Office Responds To IELTS Removal Petition, See! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:32am On May 03
Dpharisee:
Many migrants don't want to go to UK because of fewer opportunities to make big money, more people are even heading to Russia than UK despite the war in Ukraine.

You don't mean it sir?

What could be fueling this?

Do you care to explain further sir?

Thanks
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:36am On May 03
JimohMomoh:

I no blame them too. The children of these migrants from Pakistan, Syria, Palestine, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia etc... will now grow up to become home grown terrorists.

Jeeez!

But the momentum has been set in motion.

I heard that Birmingham is more or less an Islamic city in the UK.

Na small small e dey build up!
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Dpharisee: 12:56pm On May 03
ferhyntorlah:

You don't mean it sir?

What could be fueling this?

Do you care to explain further sir?

Thanks
Russia is currently running a war economy with booming production, wages keeps increasing and more workers are needed which local capacity cannot meet up. You can Google this information and compare unemployment rates in Russia, even IMF has predicted significant growth of close to 3% in Russia while UK economy is heading towards recession
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by RaptorX: 2:15pm On May 03
ttmacoy:
I think without these changes there will be more long term damage to the Uk educational sector. Many of those universities are fast becoming money mills only interested in the money international students from Nigeria India etc are bringing and long term this will seriously affect the credibility and reputation of UK universities. We all know majority of the students impacted are not really students but using the student visa as a route to migrate.

Those universities will have to adjust and face reality rather than be allowed to continue to admit any and everybody as long as they are willing to pay. There will be short term pain but in my opinion it makes more sense for the long term. UK universities cannot continue the way they have been operating, it’s not sustainable.

There are many reports of poor teaching, mediocre students who do the bare minimum but lecturers are pressured to pass them so as not to affect the money coming from international students, having classes 90% international students many who can’t even speak or write basic English yet enrolled on a course taught in English. My view is the long term impact of allowing greedy lazy university administrators to depend so much on international students is far worse than the short term impact of the changes being made.

Mushroom universities and colleges, same thing in Canada.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by RaptorX: 2:19pm On May 03
fastseo:

Yes Canada is no go area. I have people there for over a year no work now
They fell for the Canada is a paradise hype, good luck to them because they will need plenty of it.

1 Like

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Love800(m): 2:37pm On May 03
That your point about canada, what does it mean?
emkz:
This is being clever by half.

A recent report also said that the enrollment of non-EU students in a third of UK universities dropped significantly, doubling on the decline from previous year. Because of the decline in international students enrollment which previously contributed to the revenue of universities, some universities have responded by cutting their work force while others have reduced entry standards to attract high-paying international students.

Another report which identified India and Nigeria as source markets for UK universities, stated that financial modelling by PwC "indicates that anywhere from 51% to 80% of UK universities could fall into deficit if international enrolments decline from 2024/25 onwards".

So while Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Home Secretary James Cleverly are celebrating the decline in dependants, they are afraid to highlight the damage they have done to the UK university system.

Same way, Nigel Farage, former UK Independence Party (UKIP), blamed the UK government for forcing their medical personnel to migrate abroad and poaching such services from poor African nations.

The UK migration policies under the Conservatives have flip-flopped over the years. Their inconsistencies affect long-term planning.

I pray they lose their next elections.

Please, if you have the funds, do not waste it in the UK. Many immigrants are looking towards United States and Australia. New Zealand is not bad. Also Germany, Republic of Ireland, Finland and Sweden. I did not mention Canada as I feel those ones have reached a saturation point after selling immigration for years.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Love800(m): 2:47pm On May 03
So job no dey canada?
Are you serious?
fastseo:

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by headboyprince(m): 3:03pm On May 03
fastseo:

nah stop lying. they dont have the neccessary documents to work. stop fooling people. tongue
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Love800(m): 3:20pm On May 03
What route can one use to travel to russia?
Dpharisee:

Russia is currently running a war economy with booming production, wages keeps increasing and more workers are needed which local capacity cannot meet up. You can Google this information and compare unemployment rates in Russia, even IMF has predicted significant growth of close to 3% in Russia while UK economy is heading towards recession
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Love800(m): 3:21pm On May 03
What route can one use to migrate to russia?
Dpharisee:

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Love800(m): 3:23pm On May 03
How pls?
Is canada not working?
I thought its among the first world countries.
RaptorX:
They fell for the Canada is a paradise hype, good luck to them because they will need plenty of it.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by oyeb15: 3:39pm On May 03
We are going to Ukraine. Despite d war , they are still playing football league in Ukraine
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by emkz: 3:44pm On May 03
Love800:
That your point about canada, what does it mean?

For the first time since Justin Trudeau came to power in 2015, the Canadian Liberal government has made, if not a U-turn, at least the beginnings of a change in its immigration policy. On January 22, the minister in charge of immigration, Marc Miller, announced the introduction of a two-year "temporary cap" on the number of new study permits granted to foreign students: around 360,000 will be issued in 2024, representing a 35% reduction compared to 2023. The Ministry said the measure was aimed in particular at "easing pressure on housing."

According to Statistics Canada, there are already over a million foreign students in Canada. But the government is no doubt also hoping, by establishing this unprecedented pause in the exponential increase of the number of immigrants invited to settle in Canada, to ease the pressure on its own policy, which is increasingly being contested.
https://www.lemonde.fr/en/international/article/2024/01/30/faced-with-the-housing-crisis-canada-restricts-access-to-new-immigrants_6476869_4.html

A tightening job market in Canada, fueled by a surge of immigration that produced the fastest population growth in 67 years, is hitting the country's large cohort of international students particularly hard.

With more than 1 million foreign students in the country who are largely restricted to low-wage, part-time jobs, photos are being shared on social media of long lines forming outside businesses with even a single job opening for a position such as cashier.
https://www.voanews.com/a/rising-unemployment-hits-canada-s-international-students-especially-hard/7585796.html
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Ghostagain: 4:28pm On May 03
oyeb15:
We are going to Ukraine. Despite d war , they are still playing football league in Ukraine
Speak as if you wanted other people to understand what you are saying.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by GEEBITE: 4:34pm On May 03
Then you are making a bigger mistake. R.I(Dublin) doesnt even
have enough housing units to take care of its population. Also the whole economy is less than the GDP of west midlands UK. Many well heeled Irish citizens are working in UK. In fact they are in high numberin the financial sector .
emkz:

Thanks for the correction, I meant the other one that has capital in Dublin.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by ferhyntorlah(f): 4:52pm On May 03
Dpharisee:

Thanks for the information.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by drsibz66(m): 6:20pm On May 03
helinues:

Una supposed vex, stop going there and build your home so that they would be the one visiting like the way we used to do

Hoe do we build this country when we can even vote competent people into office.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Exceed15: 8:02pm On May 03
If I have opportunity to go to UK I will decline. I admire it not a bit. They are users. My dream place is either Australia or Sweden.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by femi4: 8:08pm On May 03
helinues:
Nigerians, nothing we no dey abuse
Ignorance, read the article n learn
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by bluefilm: 9:17pm On May 03
Dpharisee:
Many migrants don't want to go to UK because of fewer opportunities to make big money, more people are even heading to Russia than UK despite the war in Ukraine.

The so called war in Ukraine is not affecting Russia in any way at all

That's why life still goes on as normal in Russia

1 Like

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:27pm On May 03
Exceed15:
If I have opportunity to go to UK I will decline. I admire it not a bit. They are users. My dream place is either Australia or Sweden.

These countries are even worst than the UK. Australia has also changed their immigration laws for the worst
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by lastkingsman: 9:34pm On May 03
Exceed15:

Oya apply for Australia visa first na. grin

There's a reason why people don't go to Sweden. Go figure

1 Like

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by jowhyte(m): 10:05pm On May 03
No longer Canada, declined because you’re not informed or because of the “dem say dem say”.

Una just see UK finish mostly because of its proximity to naija. Australia immigration is even more cryptic. Also Sweden although a good welfare state, how many immigrants can they accommodate?

How many Nigerians or immigrants are in Australia or Sweden? Let them take the massive crowds USA and UK are taking in and let’s see how far they can go. Those ones that are filtering in the best talents and people of visible value to their countries.

UK and co they allow everybody and there’s something to do there inspite of the large number of people that have flooded there especially in the past 5yrs to start finding your feet when you get there.

Most Asians like Saudis even pay more in tuitions to learn English and schools in the UK. Because you see lots of contents creator creating fictions contents that can go viral about saga doesn’t mean as they are painting it.

Exceed15:
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by fastseo: 10:19pm On May 03
headboyprince:
nah stop lying. they dont have the neccessary documents to work. stop fooling people. tongue

Are u in Canada? I am telling u we have people who crossed from UK where I am to there and still yet nothing.
Many students on postgraduates are finding it difficult with jobs

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4jX_V8odJI/?igsh=bDVuYWIyOGJtOTlm
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by fastseo: 10:19pm On May 03
Love800:
So job no dey canada?
Are you serious?

Ask people weh go last year watin de xup
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by headboyprince(m): 11:37pm On May 03
fastseo:

Are u in Canada? I am telling u we have people who crossed from UK where I am to there and still yet nothing.
Many students on postgraduates are finding it difficult with jobs

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4jX_V8odJI/?igsh=bDVuYWIyOGJtOTlm
an instagram reel is all you've got where are your papers and how did you migrate in the first place?
my brother go do factory work and earn minimum wage and stop fooling people here. mtcheew... tongue
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by fastseo: 11:45pm On May 03
headboyprince:
an instagram reel is all you've got where are your papers and how did you migrate in the first place?
my brother go do factory work and earn minimum wage and stop fooling people here. mtcheew... tongue
I asked again are u in Canada? Do u know what plays out there especially last year. I have a friend who is an engineer sold all his belongings a duplex last year. Took wife to Canada.. He just got cleaning Job after 8 month.

Where do u see factory jobs? Even here in the UK u can't find. The last interview we went 2 days back over 100 applicant came for a job position of 5.

Yoi better wake up to reality. In Nigeria we draw illusions and paint the these countries as heaven. Thats how I did before I left Nigeria. Always using calculator to multiply exchange rate

I provided u with a video all u could do is to hump back here and say trash. I expected u to read over the 500 comments and draw conclusion.

1 Like

Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by CursedOsuPigs: 3:57am On May 04
Nbotee:

Very well written

You're the best!
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by headboyprince(m): 8:01am On May 04
fastseo:

I asked again are u in Canada? Do u know what plays out there especially last year. I have a friend who is an engineer sold all his belongings a duplex last year. Took wife to Canada.. He just got cleaning Job after 8 month.

Where do u see factory jobs? Even here in the UK u can't find. The last interview we went 2 days back over 100 applicant came for a job position of 5.

Yoi better wake up to reality. In Nigeria we draw illusions and paint the these countries as heaven. Thats how I did before I left Nigeria. Always using calculator to multiply exchange rate

I provided u with a video all u could do is to hump back here and say trash. I expected u to read over the 500 comments and draw conclusion.

where is the video you dropped so its now 500 comments you want me to read.

which type of visa did you apply for ? do you have work permit? which certification do you have? you didnt answer. its obvious you didnt follow due process, knowing fully well you cant cheat their system like you do in Nigeria

nobody paints canada as heaven its more like nigeria is hell that there is paradise. stop saying trash.

you drop tiny bits of information intending to fool the gullible. once you're asked further questions you start beating around the bush.
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by fastseo: 8:27am On May 04
headboyprince:

where is the video you dropped so its now 500 comments you want me to read.

which type of visa did you apply for ? do you have work permit? which certification do you have? you didnt answer. its obvious you didnt follow due process, knowing fully well you cant cheat their system like you do in Nigeria

nobody paints canada as heaven its more like nigeria is hell that there is paradise. stop saying trash.

you drop tiny bits of information intending to fool the gullible. once you're asked further questions you start beating around the bush.

I am in the UK and yes I have work permits. Every student nd their dependant are given 20 hrs n unlimited hrs to work.

And in Canada student can likewise work n I know lots of students that graduated from UK n left for Canada.. We are in same WhatsApp group where we share our ideas n experiences

The way u respond show u know nothing about immigration n these countries

Lazy ass common comments u can't read
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Love800(m): 8:49pm On May 04
They say job dey. The only thing na say the place expensive. Things are costly there but there are still jobs if you are willing to work.
fastseo:

Ask people weh go last year watin de xup
Re: UK Home Office: Students Bringing Dependants To The UK Fall By 80% by Deeegbee: 3:42am On May 05
fastseo:

Borrowing, selling of remaining lands in Naija.
Ask anyone who moved in the last 9 to 6months u will confirm.

The borrowing is kinda irritating, we see it every day here because they opted to use false POF. How can you borrow funds to students who are not yet credit worthy? The situation calls for alarm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK / Customs Checks At Murtala Muhammad Airport, Lagos / Justwise, Pls Help For Error In My Waec Result For Uk Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.