Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja (7524 Views)

Army Parades Boko Haram Spy (photo) / SSS Parades Boko-Haram Suspects Including A University Lecturer / Boko-Haram Spokesman Abu Qaqa Killed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by meexteriox(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2011
BREAKING: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesperson In Abuja

Nigeria's Secret Police, the State Security Service (SSS) today paraded Ali Sanda Umar Konduga (A.K.A) Usman Al-Zawahiri before journalists in Abuja. The SSS claimed that Sanda was the spokesperson for Boko Haram, the islamic militant group based in Maiduguri, Borno state. However, Sanda claimed that he has been suspended from Boko Haram after the sect accused him of leaking information to the security agencies.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/nigerias-secret-police-parades-boko-haram-spokesperson-abuja?page=1
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Knight1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2011
okay. time to really tighten security cos those BH idiots are going to try and retaliate
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by sartorius(m): 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2011
BUJA Nov 21 (Reuters) - Nigerian politicians are funding members of a radical Islamist sect responsible for dozens of shootings and bombings this year in the north and capital of Africa's most populous nation, the state security service (SSS) said on Monday.

Boko Haram, whose name translates as "Western education is forbidden", has carried out near daily attacks in the remote northeast in Borno state, where Nigeria borders Cameroon, Niger and Chad.

Although parts of the sect say they want sharia law more widely applied across Nigeria and threaten international targets, most factions are focused on local issues and carry out politically motivated attacks.

The SSS, Nigeria's intelligence agency, said in a press briefing that on Nov. 3 they arrested Ali Sanda Umar Konduga who admitted to being one of the spokesmen for Boko Haram, using the name Usman al-Zawahiri.

"He was a former political thug operating under a group widely known as ECOMOG," said Marilyn Oga, an SSS spokeswoman.

ECOMOG was a militia group funded by politicians several years ago in Borno and some former members have now joined Boko Haram, diplomats and security experts have said.

"His arrest further confirms the Service position that some of the Boko Haram extremists have political patronage and sponsorship. This is more so as al-Zawahiri has so far made valuable confessions in this regard," Oga added.

The SSS said a politician in Borno recruited al-Zawahiri, who attended the press briefing, gave him a new name to portray him as an extremist and paid him to send threatening text messages to judges and rival politicians.

Al-Zawahiri is also the name of the leader of al Qaeda.

Goodwork sss, hope they have gotten hell lots of info before parading.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by jmaine: 7:02pm On Nov 21, 2011
Okay  cool . . . . The SSS were just mentioning a serving Legislator and Borno State politician . . . . Abeg give us names jare angry . . .
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by namfav(m): 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2011
moost likely someone from affiliated group, in the past the fg had these problems of not being able to differentiate these groups
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by warrior01: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2011
welldone sss and pls when is the serving senator gonna face charges of treason and terrorism?
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by adamabdul: 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2011
The guy is a fucking liar.He has been disown a long time by boko haram.Only fools will believe him
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by executinal(m): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2011
Name the sponsors angry angry angry
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by pokur: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2011
I believe he mentioned Sen.Ali Ndume and Late Amb.Pinder,both ranking members of the PDP.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Knight1(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2011
didn't Ndume just join the PDP? If the PDP had been sponsoring them all along and nowNdume is the chief financier ( a former enemy), just doesn't really add up
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Demdem(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2011
pokur:

I believe he mentioned Sen.Ali Ndume and Late Amb.Pinder,both ranking members of the PDP.

IT'S INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT PDP SEEMS TO BE THE MAIN FINANCIERS OF THESE SUCIDE BOMBERS AS AGAINST BUHARI AND CO SOME IDIOTS ON NAIRALAND KEPT SELLING TO US.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by atreal: 10:03am On Nov 22, 2011
I think PDP are taking more they can chew in nigeria's case,think they need to be interrogated and perhaps wipe off.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Beaf1: 10:04am On Nov 22, 2011
adamabdul:

The guy is a bleeping liar.He has been disown a long time by boko haram.Only fools will believe him

Are you one of 'em? lipsrsealed
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by babaowo: 10:04am On Nov 22, 2011
ti iku ile o ba pani? Tode o le pani, Help me interprete lol,naija n drama.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by AjanleKoko: 10:07am On Nov 22, 2011
Na wa o.
Even our terrorists are 'fall hand' sha embarassed
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Demdem(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2011
KOKORO TO JE EFO, ARA EFO LOWA. THE ANT WEY DEY CHOP LEAF LIVE WITH THE LEAF.
HOPE I GOT THAT RIGHT.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Dele99: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2011
This country get many mumu and very people wey make up the majority of the over 160 million. If the named sponsors had not been from PDP many of you will be shouting and crying foul. Since they just started mentioning names we should all wait and hope their kingpin will be included rather than engaging in sentimental argument we. A possible solution to a plague that has affected everyone should not be shoved aside by tribalism. Boko haram stands for what most northerners wants irrespective of their allegiance to any party so its sponsors can be from any party.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by honour6(m): 10:12am On Nov 22, 2011
Imagine person wei no fit speak english nai dey put SSS WEI be graduates on the run. kai, wrong country.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by redsun(m): 10:26am On Nov 22, 2011
People like atiku could one way or the other be at the helm of the affairs of the sponsorship as sleeping terrorists,those that cannot be seen or heard of by foot soldiers.SSS should look deeper
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by heynew: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2011
I hope this one will not just fade away like oct. 1st bombing where gej said he knew who did it, after a year and months we have not heard anything, and we have enter another dilemma of we now know thier sponsors without names cry cry
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by PeeDaVinci: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2011
heynew:

I hope this one will not just fade away like oct. 1st bombing where gej said he knew who did it, after a year and months we have not heard anything, and we have enter another dilemma of we now know thier sponsors without names cry cry
spot on !!!
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by jmaine: 10:53am On Nov 22, 2011
Senator Ndume was of the ANPP before he defected to the PDP before the April polls . . .  Sheriff is also of the ANPP . . . Pindar is prolly the only name to have being fully of the PDP and[b] no one can dispute the fact that Boko Haram is a northern tool to fight for their perceived birth right[/b] . . . We shall soon hear the worst when subsequent arrests are made . . . So you all wannking off just to exonerate Buhari, IBB et al., need to hold your peace . .  At least the Senator was arrested irrespective of his party affiliation to the PDP which says a lot about the resolve of the administration to neutralize the Boko Haram threat

The only intriguing part of the story is OBJ perceived strong backing of Sheriff, an impeccable ANPP stalwart himself . . .This OBJ na Don oo! No wonder IBB and Atiku were neutralized with ease
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2011
believe it or not, Obj is d most tactful and skilled 9ja politician. Pays his dues and gets all he wants, I dey laugh.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by lafuria1(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2011
some people dont want to believe the story becos it doesnt go with their long held belief and theory. wateva the case maybe, we can only deal with the information at hand. since ndume is alive we can listen to his own part of the story.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Demdem(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2011
jmaine:

Senator Ndume was of the ANPP before he defected to the PDP before the April polls . . .  Sheriff is also of the ANPP . . . Pindar is prolly the only name to have being fully of the PDP and[b] no one can dispute the fact that Boko Haram is a northern tool to fight for their perceived birth right[/b] . . . We shall soon hear the worst when subsequent arrests are made . . . So you all wannking off just to exonerate Buhari, IBB et al., need to hold your peace . .  At least the Senator was arrested irrespective of his party affiliation to the PDP which says a lot about the resolve of the administration to neutralize the Boko Haram threat

The only intriguing part of the story is OBJ perceived strong backing of Sheriff, an impeccable ANPP stalwart himself . . .This OBJ na Don oo! No wonder IBB and Atiku were neutralized with ease

INVESTIGATION IS ONGOING AND HOPEFULLY MORE ARRESTS WILL BE MADE. EXCEPT U HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE, U CANNOT CATEGORICALLY SAY THAT BUHARI WILL BE INDICTED. TILL DATE HE IS STILL AN INNOCENT MAN. TOMMORROW MAY BE DIFFERENT AND I REFUSE TO BOTHER MYSELF WITH THAT FOR NOW. YOUR SPECULATION ABOUT THE NORTHERN TOOL REMAIN JUST SPECULATION. NO BASIS TILL DATE FOR THAT FOR NOW. SIMPLY INFRINGEMENTS OF OUR IMAGINATIONS.
WHAT'S SEEMS TO BE A FACT HERE IS THE SPOKESMAN OF BOKO HARAM HAS BEEN CAUGHT AND HAD SHED SOME LIGHT AS PER WHERE SOME OF THEIR FUNDS COME FROM. THEY SEEMS TO BE GETTING SOME OF THEIR FUNDS FROM PEOPLE THAT ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY SWEATS PLAZA.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by jmaine: 11:30am On Nov 22, 2011
Demdem:

INVESTIGATION IS ONGOING AND HOPEFULLY MORE ARRESTS WILL BE MADE. EXCEPT U HAVE SEEN THE FUTURE, U CANNOT CATEGORICALLY SAY THAT BUHARI WILL BE INDICTED. TILL DATE HE IS STILL AN INNOCENT MAN. TOMMORROW MAY BE DIFFERENT AND I REFUSE TO BOTHER MYSELF WITH THAT FOR NOW. YOUR SPECULATION ABOUT THE NORTHERN TOOL REMAIN JUST SPECULATION. NO BASIS TILL DATE FOR THAT FOR NOW. SIMPLY INFRINGEMENTS OF OUR IMAGINATIONS.
WHAT'S SEEMS TO BE A FACT HERE IS THE SPOKESMAN OF BOKO HARAM HAS BEEN CAUGHT AND HAD SHED SOME LIGHT AS PER WHERE SOME OF THEIR FUNDS COME FROM. THEY SEEMS TO BE GETTING SOME OF THEIR FUNDS FROM PEOPLE THAT ALSO CONTRIBUTE TO ACTIVITIES CONDUCTED BY SWEATS PLAZA.

Your writing in caps does not change a thing . . . That Boko Haram recent wave of violence is a Northern tool to salvage their lost grip on holding power forever . . . And recent arrest of the group shows that they cut across political platforms  . . . Whether Buhari is indicted or not in the future am not bothered . . .But that does not change my stance that his unguided and reckless conducts before the polls led to the targeting of the NYSC corp members and his refusal to appeal for calm when the mayhem started (only doing that after 2 days of mass wastage of lives) makes him also culpable to the loss of lives at the post election violence . . .I don't need the SSS or anyone to come to that logical conclusion  . . . let's leave this aside . .

Now back to the thread . . . The plot is unfolding . . .if it indicts Buhari or anyone so be it . .If it does not . .Good and fine . . .but there is more to this plot as the truth filters out . . .
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by 1025: 11:38am On Nov 22, 2011
let this not be another april fool in the month of november.
this time last year, our president told us that Chief Raymond Dokpesi was behind the abuja bombing. it was when Dokpesi joined pdp that we were not told any more stories about him and the bombing.
let us be careful that these men are not setting up oppositions to make sure nobody resists their fuel subsidy removal.
i will not be surprised if tomorrow these same bombing will turn to subsidy removal campaigners and the bombing case will disappear.
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by kokoA(m): 11:40am On Nov 22, 2011
jmaine:

[size=11pt]
Whether Buhari is indicted or not in the future am not bothered . . .But that does not change my stance that his unguided and reckless conducts before the polls led to the targeting of the NYSC corp members ]

Where is your prove?

Was it Buhari or Atiku that said Nigeris will be ungovernable?

Why can't you peoplejust  leave the gentle man alone? Its becoming obvious by the day that PDP is the cause of the present insecuriry in the country.

Very soon, they will say Buhari is the founder of PDP undecided undecided
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by baslone: 11:51am On Nov 22, 2011
Buhari is the cause of Gej's dumbness sef! grin
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by PeeDaVinci: 11:53am On Nov 22, 2011
jmaine:

Whether Buhari is indicted or not in the future am not bothered . . .But that does not change my stance that his unguided and reckless conducts before the polls led to the targeting of the NYSC corp members and his refusal to appeal for calm when the mayhem started (only doing that after 2 days of mass wastage of lives) makes him also culpable to the loss of lives at the post election violence . . .I don't need the SSS or anyone to come to that logical conclusion  . . . let's leave this aside . .

it is pointless tryin to convince you otherwise though, because the disagreement is philosophical. however, i'll repeat the comments of bakare on the election violence
- no form of killing for any reason is justified, so, anybody who kill in the name of watever is a criminal
- the real pple who instigate the violence are the election riggers (jonathan and co). so, hold jonathan/jega culpable of all the killing

on the side note though, i will still hold buhari/bakare culpable because they should encourage protest with killings (don't know if this is practically possible)
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by Baawaa(m): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2011
Let see what will come out of it,
Re: SSS Parades Boko Haram Spokesman In Abuja by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:07pm On Nov 22, 2011
redsun:

People like atiku could one way or the other be at the helm of the affairs of the sponsorship as sleeping terrorists,those that cannot be seen or heard of by foot soldiers.SSS should look deeper
mmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electoral Bill: APC, PDP Guilty Of Playing Politics With Nigeria's Stability / Fg Will Ensure Nigerian Traders In Ghana Get Justice, Osinbajo Assures / Ahmad Salihijo Ahmad, Delivering Rural Electrification Across Nigeria - ARECON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.