Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,319 members, 7,836,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

How Much Would This Sell For Over There? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Much Would This Sell For Over There? (795 Views)

UK Refurbished Apple Ipad 2 - How Much Does This Sell For? / Happy Easter Laptops Now Sell For As Low As N13,000 / Nigeria's Phones,computer & Gadgets Classified Ads. Find, Buy And Sell For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 12:55am On Nov 22, 2011
I am from the US. i have a few used Dell Latitude D620 laptops. They are in good shape and they work perfect. I have ac adapters and also Dell docking stations, specs are below, please tell me price these would sell, thanks

SPECS

-2gb Ram
-80gb HDD
-1.66 GHz
-intel core 2 duo / intel core duo, i have both,
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 1:09am On Nov 22, 2011
Also they have WIFI, DVD/CDRW
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 2:48am On Nov 22, 2011
I have also received a bunch of replies on these units from buyers in Nigeria but then they run this PayPal scam and send a fake PayPal email confirming payment was sent, but payment was not sent? Is this a normal scam that goes around?
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by mrsadeniji: 9:37am On Nov 22, 2011
u started by asking for the price of ur dell laptops and since u did not include any means of contacting u

how did u receive info of scam from nigerians?

the wraths of God shall reign upon whoever tht spoil the image or use nigeria to cover up for blackmailling

God 'll deliver u
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 6:37pm On Nov 22, 2011
lol? Oh lord I see who i am dealing with over here, Ok I said i want to know the price of these around your area. I posted these for sale on craigslist.com and all the replies i received were people from Nigeria sayign they have someone in study and are willing to pay extra for shipping then send a fake paypal email acting as if they sent a payment but never did, i can forward you every email if you would like. I have no reason to lie, all you have to do is google nigeria laptop scam and you will see yourself exactly what scam i am talking about.
I even tried making a deal with one of the scammers from nigeria and offered them the laptops at a fair price and they would sell laptop at their own price and would get to keep the profit, and even after i offered this, instead of accepting this offer they created another fake email and tried to do the same scam, so i am not understanding why they would rather try and steal instead of work and sell these and make real money. SO i asked the price of these because i wanted to see if I was overcharging and that is why he decided to not answer to that offer and try scamming. I told him I would sell him laptop for $170 american dollars, and he could sell these for anything from 200-250 american dollars and keep the profit and send me the 170 I was asking him for. Kind of like a sales job and he would keep commission pay. But like I said instead of taking this offer they just kept up with the emails and trying to scam it, so i was wondering if i was overcharging him and this is why he declines the offer. Again I can show you emails if you do not believe me, I am not making up anything about Nigeria just not understanding why he would rather try and pull that scam instead of work for it and sell something.
And i must add, that scam is very very childish and i do not believe it will work on anyone, all you have to do is log into your paypal account and see there was no payment sent and that email was fake, and i tried telling him this also. So again I am not making up stories, as it was noone from THIS site that has scammed me, they are all from craigslist when i posted there. So sorry for the confusion but is that not a good deal, couldn't you sell them for more than $170 and make some money for himself, in reality i tried helping him even after he tried scamming me.
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2011
lol, by the way, i have no clue where you get blackmailing from?? undecided
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 7:47pm On Nov 22, 2011
ok thanks for the info, did not want to confuse anyone and think i was trying to scam or lie about scams. Sorry for that. I just sent an email now. And yes i understand when in this business online i will receive more scam offers than real offers, but i am prepared and will not fall for them, hopefully. lol, but i will definitely not fall for the fake paypal email lol, all i had to do was log in and check my account, or just see what paypal email sent this and realize there is no such thing,
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by mrsadeniji: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2011
Thank God u r not making reference to nairaland but u ought to hv undrestood tht craigslist strongly warned about transacting buz online including western union, checks, moneygramms or sending goods and money internationally.
Infact, tht s d welcome message when log on to d website.
Be warned!
Re: How Much Would This Sell For Over There? by Ftdsn244: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2011
oh, no was not saying that about this site. Yeah i know that about craigslist, figure i would get a few scams, which is why if i sell online i will accept paypal only. and not fake paypal lol. But yes, got to take the chance i guess,

(1) (Reply)

Apple Mac Book Air For Sale At A Cheapest Price / Clean Nokia C7 For Sale / UK Used Curve 3G (9300) For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.