Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:55 AM

Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP (640 Views)

Speaker Frank Okiye: Hope Uzodinma Wants To Forcefully Take Over Edo Assembly / Edo Speaker, Frank Okiye Dumps APC For PDP / Frank Okiye Tests Positive To Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 5:50pm On May 10
former speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly Frank Okiye has resigned his membership of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) immediately. In a letter dated Friday, May 10, 2024, addressed to the Ward three chairman of the PDP in Arue-Uromi, Esan North East Local Government Area, Okiye said he was aggrieved over the…

A former speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly Frank Okiye has resigned his membership of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) immediately.

In a letter dated Friday, May 10, 2024, addressed to the Ward three chairman of the PDP in Arue-Uromi, Esan North East Local Government Area, Okiye said he was aggrieved over the remark by Dr. Asue Ighodalo.

The former speaker was, however, silent on his next political move and added that his reasons for quitting the PDP were personal.

“On behalf of my family and supporters, I thank you and others for the opportunity given to me to serve while in the party,” he said.

The resignation of Mr. Okiye from the PDP comes on the heels of a similar move by Mr. Charles “Charlie Temple” Idahosa, a member of the party’s Board of Trustees (BoT), and the defection of eight former council chairmen who left the PDP to the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

The defectors included John Osi Akhigbe, former Etsako Central Local Government chairman; Dr. Josie Ogedegbe, Igueben; Mr Frank Ilaboya, Owan West; Mr. Andrew Osigwe, Owan East; Mr. Napoleon Agbama, Uhunmwonde; Scott Ogbemudia, Ovia North East; Mr. Austin Okoibhole, Esan North East; and Mrs. Ruth Osahor, Esan West.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://guardian.ng/news/former-edo-speaker-okiye-dumps-pdp/%23:~:text%3DThe%2520resignation%2520of%2520Mr.%2520Okiye,All%2520Progressives%2520Congress%2520(APC).&ved=2ahUKEwi1ipj-wIOGAxXCUqQEHVOxCmkQFnoECBAQBQ&usg=AOvVaw2XCbnG7iFlKX3r4cU-Wihj

Mynd44
Fergie001
Seun
Nplfmod

1 Like

Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Indispensable85(m): 1:33pm On May 11
Akpakomiza2:
Cc mynd44,fergie001,ekpenuwa, indispensable85, donphilopus

It's been a tsunami

1 Like

Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Melagros(m): 1:45pm On May 11
COMRADES, we wish him safe journey
Nonsense
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 2:33pm On May 11
Indispensable85:

It's been a tsunami

Victoria omu left APC alongside a strong guy in akoko Edo
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Jorussia(m): 3:02pm On May 11
Akpakomiza2:

victory Amu is from owan.I think kabiru Adjoto leaving PDP for APC has more significance in Akoko Edo than the guy that left APC for PDP.
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Almaigaa: 3:13pm On May 11
Ugly Obaseki don destroy Edo PDP. PDP in Edo will come a distance 7th in the next election.
APC will take the lead, LP will come next, then AA, SDP, APGA, KOWA before PDP. grin grin

Ugly and incompetent people will not be allowed to rule Edo State again

Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 3:37pm On May 11
Jorussia:
victory Amu is from owan.I think kabiru Adjoto leaving PDP for APC has more significance in Akoko Edo than the guy that left APC for PDP.

Adjoto hadn't left pdp yet,he only aligned with the legacy group of Orbih just like Shuaibu.the ward 2 leader of Apc in uhumnwonde also left

1 Like

Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Jorussia(m): 3:48pm On May 11
Akpakomiza2:

Adjoto hadn't left pdp yet,he only aligned with the legacy group of Orbih just like Shuaibu.the ward 2 leader of Apc in uhumnwonde also left
I know Adjoto is not yet in APC.He is going to formally join APC in the coming weeks.Since Charles Idahosa followed Obaseki to PDP in 2020, APC has been weak in uhunwhode.He resigned from PDP about two weeks ago and he is going to APC soon.
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 4:01pm On May 11
Jorussia:
I know Adjoto is not yet in APC.He is going to formally join APC in the coming weeks.Since Charles Idahosa followed Obaseki to PDP in 2020, APC has been weak in uhunwhode.He resigned from PDP about two weeks ago and he is going to APC soon.

No,idahosa own is settled,he said he wants a homeboy and senator met him this week.but I don't think APC is that weak in uhumnwonde,we still try there compared to Oredo, ikpoba.
Why have the party refused to settle the leadership problem in ikpoba between hon E.J and osarobo? This might cause APC to lose there heavily.the amount of massive resignations from pdp in ESANland is alarming
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Indispensable85(m): 6:38pm On May 11
Akpakomiza2:

Victoria Amu nor get any level for owan.
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 6:41pm On May 11
Indispensable85:

Victoria Amu nor get any level for owan.
APC is very weak in ikpoba and there are still fighting for leadership
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Freshtruth(m): 6:44pm On May 11
If Dortmund wins the UCL, they will receive €20 million from UEFA

But, if Bellingham wins the UCL, Dortmund will get €25 million from Real Madrid 💀

Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Indispensable85(m): 7:08pm On May 11
Akpakomiza2:

APC is very weak in ikpoba and there are still fighting for leadership

APC has a chance to clear the entire Benin metropolis including the said ikpoba okha if they're good in propaganda.

Let them spread the news of obaseki taking oba to court and make it go viral, do videos in Benin language and trend it on all local stations in the state everyday till election, that's all.
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 7:15pm On May 11
Indispensable85:

APC has a chance to clear the entire Benin metropolis including the said ikpoba okha if they're good in propaganda.

Let them spread the news of obaseki taking oba to court and make it go viral, do videos in Benin language and trend it on all local stations in the state everyday till election, that's all.

True and that propaganda is already on and was started by Lp and APC has latched onto it same way pdp trended Edo no be Lagos.if that one die down,they can bring the godfatherism aspect.
For now,it is looking like an APC victory but I am afraid of what obaseki might do to manipulate votes in that Benin metropolis

1 Like

Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Indispensable85(m): 3:07am On May 12
Akpakomiza2:

True and that propaganda is already on and was started by Lp and APC has latched onto it same way pdp trended Edo no be Lagos.if that one die down,they can bring the godfatherism aspect.
For now,it is looking like an APC victory but I am afraid of what obaseki might do to manipulate votes in that Benin metropolis

This election is for APC to lose. Everything is in their favour right now.

Na propaganda obaseki take win the last time. Let APC use it against him this time. Yes, the oba issue is selling very well right now. It must be sustained by all means. Simple election!
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Ola9ja23: 3:17am On May 12
Upon all the shout and hatred from IPOBidients I thought all the SS are now into their LoserParty EluP 😁😁😁

Let's pretend to be happy for Bitter Obituary bcs Naira is now the worst performing currency and our IPOBidients are happy 😁😀😁

Let's be happy together and see how only Tinubu supporters get hungry bcs of Naira devaluation
Re: Former Edo Speaker Frank Okiye resigns PDP by Akpakomiza2: 7:28am On May 12
Indispensable85:

This election is for APC to lose. Everything is in their favour right now.

Na propaganda obaseki take win the last time. Let APC use it against him this time. Yes, the oba issue is selling very well right now. It must be sustained by all means. Simple election!

The ward 2 leader of Apc in uhumnwonde resigned

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is A Failed Nation And System / I Beg Who Get Dbanjs Number: I Need Am. / ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.