Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,545 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State (123 Views)

AU Blames Israeli-Palestinian Conflict On Denial Of Palestinian People’s Rights / Zambian Currency Is Now Best In Africa After We Voted In A Good Leader. / Supreme Court Has Voted To Overturn Abortion Rights In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by Uptownerd: 6:36pm On May 10
HAPPENING NOW:

This is unprecedented and HUGE.

The UN General Assembly (not the Security Council, so no veto possible) are voting on a resolution that would grant Palestine new rights and revive its UN membership bid.

This is designed to bypass the US veto on the Security Council and is virtually guaranteed to be approved given the overwhelming support that Palestine has among UN member states.

The resolution would enable Palestine to sit among member states alphabetically, speak on any agenda item at the UN, address international groups on its behalf, and submit resolutions in its name.

The resolution draft points out that this is done "on an exceptional basis and without setting a precedent."

The Israeli UN ambassador has already said that “if it is approved, I expect the United States to completely STOP FUNDING THE UN and its institutions, in accordance with American law."

The UN General Assembly overwhelmingly passed a resolution for the UN Security Council to reconsider and support the full membership of Palestine into the United Nations.

One hundred forty-three countries voted in favor of the resolution, nine voted against it, and 25 countries abstained from voting.

@MarioNawfal

This is a battle between the"Rules-Based Order" and International Law.

Re: BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by God1000(m): 6:38pm On May 10
Great

If Palestine dies, humanity dies

So Israel is counting on US to stop funding UN if the resolution is approved, lol

If I have a son that doesn't listen to me, he disrespects me every now and then, I will simply withdraw my support for him, US should stop supporting Israel

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by Akacollins7: 6:38pm On May 10
Toothless bulldog. Trust UN on your own
Re: BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by illicit(m): 6:41pm On May 10
Yippee hurray!!!

Biafra is next...

🥵

Who slap me?

🤕
Re: BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by wrongman665(m): 6:52pm On May 10
Go Isreal...
Re: BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by Uptownerd: 8:09pm On May 10
shocked
wrongman665:
Go Isreal...
Re: BREAKING: UN General Assembly Has Voted In Favour Of Palestinian State by Matheusmartin: 8:14pm On May 10
Yeye vote that one country can easily veto grin

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: France Officially Bans Tiktok Social Media Platform / DOJ Investigating Potential White House 'bribery-for-pardon' Scheme / Diagnoses And Deaths Among African Americans,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.