Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,634 members, 7,840,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport (27387 Views)

67 Passengers, Flight Crews Survive, As Valuejet’s Aircraft Skids Off Runway / Turkey Plane Splits Into 3 Parts After Skidding Off Runway, Kills 3, Injures 179 / Dana Air Skids Off The Runway In Port Harcourt, Lands Inside Bush (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Judolisco(m): 4:30pm On May 11
Eni oriyo odile... Let's wait for Peter obi's reaction na another bad news

1 Like

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Khyrvxjzy: 4:30pm On May 11
Racoon:
shocked Thank goodness! Disaster was averted. Aviation is an inherently unforgiving world where mistake or technical issues can lead to catastrophic consequences. NCAA, AIB, NIMET, NAAPE must up their game. These near-mishaps are more frequent in recent times.
wont you blame tinubu?
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by nedekid: 4:31pm On May 11
Ebinpawo1:
Nawaoh...
Why are they always going off the runway?
It rained heavily this morning, up till now. Wet runway, pool of water, potholes etc.
I know the international wing side of the runway was recently opened after over 1 year closure for renovation, because the potholes were massive. While it was shutdown, all traffic, local and international used that local airport runway. It is possible that one is very due for renovation also.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Quebec91(m): 4:34pm On May 11
cheesy
pyyxxaro:
Please Permit me to blame TINUBU for this , I said PLEASE 🙏☹️
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Ategberoson(m): 4:35pm On May 11
Bubu4Sea:

The druglord is having a negative effect on nija

The negative is only happening in your family house you hear? Citizen of druglord

Hate filled cretin

1 Like

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by shepherd316: 4:37pm On May 11
Glory to to God the father and our Lord Jesus for saving such precious lives

1 Like

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by JuanDeDios: 4:38pm On May 11
Ebinpawo1:
Nawaoh...
Why are they always going off the runway?
Yeah, time we checked those runways.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by vozkined: 4:50pm On May 11
Pastoshizzy:
It's amazing the standard of service all this foreign investors bring into the country.
A big refuse dumping yard.
A country where anything goes.
Aviation licenses should be revoked by now sef.
How on earth can some sick individuals blame Tinubu for this for f×ck sake.

Revoke license cause plane skid of road, well Done

1 Like

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by HugoBoss10(m): 4:55pm On May 11
Is this really an airport or football pitch
Just asking for a friend grin

1 Like

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by slimfit1(m): 5:11pm On May 11
We will ignore safety until we finish ourselves. It's the third store have heard so far.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Bubu4Sea: 5:29pm On May 11
Ategberoson:

The negative is only happening in your family house you hear? Citizen of druglord

Hate filled cretin
People are suffering all over nija, u too look hungry
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by HenryWilliams(m): 5:32pm On May 11
LeeSantos:
In DJ Khalid’s voice “Another One”
Reasonable and working airports wash the tire residue on the runaway after several landings.

Airplane burn a lot of rubber while landing and if those burnt rubber from several landing stick to the runaway that a disaster waiting to happen

Not sure they do that in country.

Don't be surprised the funds earmarked for such activities have been embezzled by FAAN.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by lapintoz: 5:45pm On May 11
Why not blame your ancestors.....😃😃😃

pyyxxaro:
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Ezmans: 5:47pm On May 11
pyyxxaro:
I hope they will ban the company too as they did dana
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by muyico(m): 5:54pm On May 11
chinko aeroplane
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by EgwunsoDOTcom: 5:54pm On May 11
That lagos airport has expired, know this and know peace..

Very old and dirty airport.

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by MarketDispatch: 6:10pm On May 11
Is it the Pilots or the Aircrafts...?
This airline is just starting and it is already skidding off Runway
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Blackdisciple(m): 6:10pm On May 11
Another one
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Ategberoson(m): 6:37pm On May 11
Bubu4Sea:

People are suffering all over nija, u too look hungry

I thought you're in your early symptoms of maadness, little did I know you're deeply maad

Someone you're not seeing his pic or know "look" hungry? Who are those iiidiot that bought this imbeciles phone

People are hungry in a billionaire region? A region that don't need govt are now hungry, funny people
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Timmi: 7:06pm On May 11
pyyxxaro:

And while at it, please look in the mirror and blame the person staring at you.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by viodemus: 7:12pm On May 11
This means someone might be corrupting the runway maintenance money.

So, this means if you don't have refurbished or brand new planes like Air peace, that may overcome lack of runway maintenance, this also means your plane will skid off the run way, due to the substandard products and too wrong mixing that the use to build these runways.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:13pm On May 11
If na air peace now , some persons no go let person drink water drop cup
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by youngrichnigga: 7:27pm On May 11
I need to look for my comment on the last plane incident because I said the problem could actually be the infrastructure (runway) itself when Festus Keyamo hurriedly suspended Dana's license undecided undecided undecided undecided

Very soon international flights will stop flying into the MMIA because of the dangers of skidding runway shocked shocked shocked shocked

Found

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by omoadeleye(m): 8:32pm On May 11
Rich people problem, na rich people dey fear of crash.

We the poor no have an fear for plane crash for now
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by MrBONE2(m): 8:57pm On May 11
pyyxxaro:

grin

Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by BALLOSKI: 2:44am On May 12
LeeSantos:
In DJ Khalid’s voice “Another One”
Reasonable and working airports wash the tire residue on the runaway after several landings.

Airplane burn a lot of rubber while landing and if those burnt rubber from several landing stick to the runaway that a disaster waiting to happen

Not sure they do that in country.
There's an acute case of disorganization in our country- we can't handle anything.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by fuck419: 7:20am On May 12
IT IS CLEAR THAT THE RUNWAY HAS A PROBLEM OR IS NOT PROPERLY MAINTAINED.

WE KEEP THANKING GOD THAT THERE IS NO CASUALTIES UNTIL THERE IS CASUALTIES, THAT'S WHEN WE WOULD DO SOMETHING.

IT'S TO WITHDRAW LICENSE FROM AIRLINES THAT YOU'RE GOOD AT WITHOUT DOING WHAT IS NECESSARY. NONSENSE.

IS IT THE AIRLINES THAT WOULD MAINTAIN THE RUNWAYS AND OTHER FACILITIES AT THE AIRPORT?

WE NRED TO SACK THE AVIATION MINISTER NOW.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by jokotus: 3:22pm On May 12
The Lagos airport runway needs to be checked. There is something wrong with that runway.
If care is not taking another plane will have same issues. I pray there will be no fatality next time it happens.
That runway needed maintenance periods.
Re: XEJET Aircraft Skids Off Runway At Murtala Mohammed Airport by Pastoshizzy(m): 4:23pm On May 12
vozkined:

Revoke license cause plane skid of road, well Done
Plane (bro) no be kekeh wey dey do stunts o. God forbid.. it could be the lives of Nigerians if it skidded into (let's say) a structure.
To think this planes are suppose to have periodic checks on them (it is obviously some sort of negligence).
I insist that airline should be grounded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge, 5 Persons, Including Two Children Killed / Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg / Lagos Bans Trucks, Trailers On Roads In Day Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.