Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,729 members, 7,844,397 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

#AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) (23296 Views)

BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2020 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by tivity101: 9:15pm On May 11
Lolz this guy you truly crack me up with the Short kpemgbu vibes

VinnyBaba:

See you.
Who Dash Monkey Banana?😕😏

With ur Yam Legs and Short Kpemgbu body, Abi?😟😕

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by funmiayodele(f): 9:18pm On May 11
My Breath of Life actors being giving me joy. Wole Ojo, Adedoyin, Chimezie and Geneviva. I love you guys

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by jenifer007: 9:23pm On May 11
Congratulations Kehinde Bankole

Well deserved
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by happney65: 9:26pm On May 11
Beverlyjean:
Seems like other countries are tired of coming to Nigeria every year for the awards... its Africa movie awards and not Nigeria movie awards

Guess they want an empty Hall. If the Award is not hosted in Nigeria ot Ghana,they should just forget it.

When nominees in East Africa were mentioned,Nobody even knows them. grin

The truth is,West Africa,nay Nigeria dominates the Film Industry and it makes sense to do it here where the major market is

It is what it is!

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by noobody(m): 10:10pm On May 11
Reussite:
Breath of life is sweeping all the awards🤌

The way it should be,

A tribe called gbas gbos nor suppose dey the awards at all.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by machote: 10:13pm On May 11
Lanretoye:
them go Dey form wetin them no reach
Shots fired grin

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Reussite: 10:18pm On May 11
Breath of life bagged most of the awards as it should.
Trail blazer award....Chimezie I.
Best Supporting Actress....Genoveva U.
Best Supporting Actor.....Ademola A.
Best Actor.....Wole O.
Best Director.....BB Sasore
Best Movie....Derin, Sasore & Eku Edewor

6 deserving awards.....it doesn't get better than that🤌

2 Likes

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Reussite: 10:20pm On May 11
noobody:

The way it should be,

A tribe called gbas gbos nor suppose dey the awards at all.
A Tribe called Judah is actually good.

From the movies nominated that I have seen:

Breath of life
Jagun Jagun
Afamefuna
A Tribe called Judah in that order.

I need to look for Funmilayo Ransome Kuti, Over the Bridge & Mami Wata. The trio were highly nominated.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Parizz: 10:34pm On May 11
Reussite:

A Tribe called Judah is actually good.

From the movies nominated that I have seen:

Breath of life
Jagun Jagun
Afamefuna
A Tribe called Judah in that order.

I need to look for Funmilayo Ransome Kuti, Over the Bridge & Mami Wata. The trio were highly nominated.
i hear jagunjagun is crap

2 Likes

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Parizz: 10:36pm On May 11
EreluRoz:
Jokes on you, God is indeed a perfect creator I'm a testimony . I got all what your favorites are risking their life for. You just describe your sisters I'm sure.
can i see your nudes to confirm
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Reussite: 10:45pm On May 11
Parizz:
Whoever said that did not watch with an open mind

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Dolapo09: 11:17pm On May 11
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by CrownedPhoenix: 12:05am On May 12
edogu:
I love this. The creative industry is one of the bedrocks of this country.

Do you even understand what a 'bedrock' is?

Entertainment, yansh and breasts and the whole lotta bullocks y'all sing is only secondary to any human being's survival, let alone as a country.

Creative whatever is not a bedrock of/in any country, definitely not in Nigeria.

You people just hype nonsense

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by uglodoh(f): 12:09am On May 12
Parizz:
Crap? One of the best produced films in recent time. It is a must watch film.

3 Likes

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by thatigboman: 1:02am On May 12
Reussite:
Breath of life bagged most of the awards as it should.
Trail blazer award....Chimezie I.
Best Supporting Actress....Genoveva U.
Best Supporting Actor.....Ademola A.
Best Actor.....Wole O.
Best Director.....BB Sasore
Best Movie....Derin, Sasore & Eku Edewor

6 deserving awards.....it doesn't get better than that🤌
best movie was Breath of life. That's the movie, not the cast or crew. Derin, Sasore & Eku Edewor is not a movie. They announced that the best movie was Breath of Life. That's the last award.

3 Likes

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Blvckk: 4:04am On May 12
Thanks for this?
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Blvckk: 4:05am On May 12
thatigboman:
best movie was Breath of life. That's the movie, not the cast or crew. Derin, Sasore & Eku Edewor is not a movie. They announced that the best movie was Breath of Life. That's the last award.
It was good but common, they're also other good movies.

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Blvckk: 4:06am On May 12
uglodoh:

Crap? One of the best produced films in recent time. It is a must watch film.
you dey mind the werey.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Blvckk: 4:07am On May 12
CrownedPhoenix:

Entertainment, yansh and breasts and the whole lotta bullocks y'all sing is only secondary to any human being's survival, let alone as a country.

Creative whatever is not a bedrock of/in any country, definitely not in Nigeria.

kill me😂😂😂😂
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Jorussia(m): 4:18am On May 12
Breath of life deserves the award.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Broveens42(m): 4:21am On May 12
Reussite:
Happy for Chimezie. I thought he got sidelined for real. He deserves the trail blazer award.

The guy was magnificent. His disposition was world class, together with the young lady
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by edogu(m): 5:30am On May 12
CrownedPhoenix:

Yes, I do. It is one of the industries that has kept the economy of the country going employing millions of our youths. It includes both the film, sports, fashion information technology and music industry. Without much investment from the government, look at how much have been achieved. The same industry has placed the country on the global map for good.

You see 'yansh, breast etc' but I see genuine hardworking men and women toiling day and night just to make something out of nothing. The likes of Funke Akindele, RMD, Kanayo O Kanayo, Burnaboy, Wizkid, David, Sabinus, Layi Wasabi, Basketmouth, Ali Baba etc. This also includes the directors, producers, script writers etc.

Just imagine what the amount of money that the industry draws for the country. According Businessday, "Nigeria's creative industry is poised to hit a projected revenue of $100 billion by the year 2030".

I hope you now see why I used the word 'bedrock '
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by yomi531(m): 7:20am On May 12
machote:
I wish I could give two fu*ks about the Nigerian entertainment movie industry, but the truth is I can't even remember the last time I saw a Nigerian Movie.

Most of their movies are bland, same story lines, no adrenaline rush or creativity. So if I don't have interest in their industry, what makes you think I would care about their award show?

Abeg shift commot for road jare grin

Abeg swerve. We like am laidat. Thank u

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by CrownedPhoenix: 8:01am On May 12
edogu:

Yes, I do. It is one of the industries that has kept the economy of the country going employing millions of our youths. It includes both the film, sports, fashion information technology and music industry. Without much investment from the government, look at how much have been achieved. The same industry has placed the country on the global map for good.

You see 'yansh, breast etc' but I see genuine hardworking men and women toiling day and night just to make something out of nothing. The likes of Funke Akindele, RMD, Kanayo O Kanayo, Burnaboy, Wizkid, David, Sabinus, Layi Wasabi, Basketmouth, Ali Baba etc. This also includes the directors, producers, script writers etc.

Just imagine what the amount of money that the industry draws for the country. According Businessday, "Nigeria's creative industry is poised to hit a projected revenue of $100 billion by the year 2030".

I hope you now see why I used the word 'bedrock '

Information Technology creative industry? Lol.
Instead, Computing has been a bedrock for the creative industry. Giving you digital tools for your editing, application platforms for the sales and distribution of your contents and so many countless other windows of opportunities it has afforded the creative industry.

Please, if you're not sure if Information Technology has done more for the entire world than 'creative industry' has ever imagined or if it is an industry on its own, kindly group it with Science and Technology. It's pure Sciences, thanks.
It's a spit in the face to consider all the science and engineering that goes into Computing/IT and round it all up as mere 'Creative Industry'. Please!

Well, actually, I got mad love for Sabinus etc. I spend a good amount of time consuming creative contents on weekends.

But here's what, a so called industry that barely caters for those in its fold and cannot afford them decent lives cannot be a 'bedrock'.
You name a few (RMD & co) who may not even be surviving from the proceeds of their 'industry' but, what about the countless others who the industry has actually not given any decent earnings for their livelihood. Then go to the IT sector and find out what decent earning means..

Anyway, you may continue basking in the euphoria of being a bedrock.

I rest.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by edogu(m): 10:03am On May 12
CrownedPhoenix:

Instead, Computing has been a bedrock for the creative industry. Giving you digital tools for your editing, application platforms for the sales and distribution of your contents and so many countless other windows of opportunities it has afforded the creative industry.

Please, if you're not sure if Information Technology has done more for the entire world than 'creative industry' has ever imagined or if it is an industry on its own, kindly group it with Science and Technology. It's pure Sciences, thanks.
It's a spit in the face to consider all the science and engineering that goes into Computing/IT and round it all up as mere 'Creative Industry'. Please!

Well, actually, I got mad love for Sabinus etc. I spend a good amount of time consuming creative contents on weekends.

But here's what, a so called industry that barely caters for those in its fold and cannot afford them decent lives cannot be a 'bedrock'.
You name a few (RMD & co) who may not even be surviving from the proceeds of their 'industry' but, what about the countless others who the industry has actually not given any decent earnings for their livelihood. Then go to the IT sector and find out what decent earning means..

I rest.
Whether information technology is part of creative industry or not, atleast I'm glad to an extent you understand where I'm driving at. As for their welfare, this is where we need the government and other private organisations to come in. Thank you
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by CrownedPhoenix: 10:08am On May 12
Blvckk:
kill me😂😂😂😂

Lost it for a bit there.

Bro be quoting statistics like we don't know Oloshoism, money laundering and Yahoo Yahoo is the bedrock of that so called industry.

Get money from Yahoo yahoo, become content creator to clean up the money and/or push their nonsense fraud glorifying music.

I ask, just how much does the entire 'industry' in itself generate? Not projected, currently generate, compared to what IT is doing with Medicine, Banking/Fintech, Telecoms, Engineering, Architecture and in fact, everyday life.

Imagine saying Computing is part of the creative industry.

They be hyping crap always.

Not that there are no few hardworking people in there though. But 'BEDROCK'? Please!

1 Like

Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by francotunsco: 10:56am On May 12
It feels really good to see Layi Wasabi win an award.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Lifeiseazi: 6:00pm On May 12
CrownedPhoenix:

I rest.

It better you rest.
The creative industry has done and it still doing a lot for the country.
Like she said it's one the bedrock of the country still standing.
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Reussite: 7:56pm On May 12
thatigboman:
You cant award Breath of life as best movie without acknowledging the producers behind it.😂
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by thatigboman: 8:46pm On May 12
Reussite:

You cant award Breath of life as best movie without acknowledging the producers behind it.😂
the Director won the best Director. One of the cast won the best supporting actress.
It's not acknowledging who and what? The category of best movie was given to 'the breathe of life' and should be stated as that
Re: #AMVCA10: Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards 2024 (Live Updates) by Blvckk: 1:35pm On May 18
CrownedPhoenix:

Lost it for a bit there.

Bro be quoting statistics like we don't know Oloshoism, money laundering and Yahoo Yahoo is the bedrock of that so called industry.

Get money from Yahoo yahoo, become content creator to clean up the money and/or push their nonsense fraud glorifying music.

I ask, just how much does the entire 'industry' in itself generate? Not projected, currently generate, compared to what IT is doing with Medicine, Banking/Fintech, Telecoms, Engineering, Architecture and in fact, everyday life.

Imagine saying Computing is part of the creative industry.

They be hyping crap always.

Not that there are no few hardworking people in there though. But 'BEDROCK'? Please!
Well said chairman

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bbnaija Retains Ebuka As Host For 2019 Tv Reality Show / Many Nigerian Actors Live On Past Glory—ramsey Nouah / Maltina Dance All: Season 8 (Official Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.