Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk (1002 Views)

Rihanna's New Single "Diamond" / Get "rihanna's" New Album - Talk That Talk [ Full Download - 36.13mb ] / Rihanna's New Music Video "SOS" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk by GagaBoy: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2011
Now where do I start? Talk that talk is about as filthy as any pop album could get. U got Lyrics like "suck my cockiness lick my persuation" and "I wanna f-u-c-k you". With this its not hard to Know that the central theme of this album is sex. And within all this you could tell that this album was rushed with all the repetitive lyrics and the lack of a second verse or bridge in most track and the scattered production. This being rihanna 6th album, U would expect that she will have more to offer but she still put out Thesame pop beats with regge and hip hop influences. This isn't really a bad thing as u see in the track Talk that Talk ft Jay-z which is my fav song from the album. You could tell that they were trying to make umbrella 2.0 and they did a good Job in it. Other stand out tracks are where have you been produced by calvin harris, dr luke and bangledash which is a great dance pop song and can be related to her 2008 smash Don't stop the music. We also have roc me out which sounds like rude boy's more naughty cousin. And rihanna shows her rapping skills in cockiness(I love it) and the amazing beat of Birthday cake. I fell these are the only tracks worth mentioning.
Overall I think Talk that Talk is a good album and it would be better if sone tracks were not in the album. Buh we have to applaud rihanna's effort cause not everyone can boast of being sucessful with theri 6th album.
BEST TRACK
Talk that talk
we found love.
Where have you been
Roc me out
You da one
OVERALL SCORE 52/100
METALLCRITIC SCORE 59/100
Re: Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk by Abagworo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2011
"Drunk on your love"," Watch N Learn" and "Fool In Love" are very good tracks.
Re: Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk by GagaBoy: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
Abagworo:

"Drunk on your love"," Watch N Learn" and "Fool In Love" are very good tracks.
Yea they are good tracks but there's nothing spectacular about them like The ones I listed.
Re: Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk by Abagworo(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
GagaBoy:

Yea they are good tracks but there's nothing spectacular about them like The ones I listed.

They are more matured lyrically and will grow on you. Even "Farewell" is ok,
Re: Rihanna's New Album Talk That Talk by GagaBoy: 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2011
Abagworo:

They are more matured lyrically and will grow on you. Even "Farewell" is ok,
Farewell has great lyrics but I'm not into the beat and its just awful.

(1) (Reply)

Ota Yeri Yeri By Kul G : Download,listen And Also Place You Comments / New Music- First Of All By Olamide / [video] Wizkid X Chris Brown Collabo? + BET Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.