Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,098 members, 7,842,159 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? (99 Views)

Believers Who Prays Die By Fire Prayers Are Witches - Pastor Abel Damina / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Nigerian Mega-rich Pastors Living In Million Pound Homes Prey On Believers - UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by TimiRume(f): 8:01am On May 12
I'm a Christian that is contemplating consecrating my life entirely for the Lord. No marriage, just me and the Lord and koinonia with my brethren in the Lord. This may change later if the Lord has a different plan for my life but for now this is my resolve.

I consider marriage a huge distraction to the pursuit of Christ and the seeking of the Kingdom of God. How do married
believers who are earnestly seeking the glory of the Lord everyday cope? I know the grace of God superabounds but I still think there is a continuous struggle peddling along marriage, an earthly thing with a heavenly calling.

Back to topic, it's so hard to see believers who are wholeheartedly seeking the Lord only and consider marriage as a secondary or distracting venture to their faith. Most believers think it's normal for Christians to primarily desire marriage just like the World does. Even some pastors go as far as embarrassing church members of a certain age group who are yet unmarried. And I wonder, why?

Are we not complete already in Christ? Is Christ not our our fullness and life already? The world is earthy and believes a man is not complete without another, but is it what the Bible teaches us as Christians? Are we incomplete waiting to be completed by another? If no, then why do we stigmatize the unmarried among us? Are we not carnal and worldly when we do that?

Don't we have the liberty in Christ to marry and not to marry. If some of us have chosen to use the liberty to dedicate our lives to God, the same way you have chosen yours, why do you give us the side eye?

Why do you want to bring us under bondage again? Are we not free in Christ to consecrate our lives to God?

It's well.

I can't wait to meet believers who have given up every pleasure including marriage just for the sake of Christ. I can't wait to meet even believers that desire marriage but not in an obsessive way like the world but rather have Christ as their primary pursuit.

I'm not against marriage. It's a beautiful institution created by God himself but it's only useful here on earth. It's an earthly thing. And we are heavenly citizens now and should desire the things which are above. Marry if you want to but be circumspect with it, don't you think? You should marry if you can't hold your virginity but remember you still need to be single-minded in marriage if you are to increase in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord. Let's use every worldly office wisely then.

Happy Sunday! 🌺

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by wittywriter: 8:04am On May 12
TimiRume:
I'm a Christian that is contemplating consecrating my life entirely for the Lord. No marriage, just me and the Lord and koinonia with my brethren in the Lord. This may change later if the Lord has a different plan for my life but for now this is my resolve.

I consider marriage a huge distraction to the pursuit of Christ and the seeking of the Kingdom of God. How do married
believers who are earnestly seeking the glory of the Lord everyday cope? I know the grace of God superabounds but I still think there is a continuous struggle peddling along marriage, an earthly thing with a heavenly calling.

Back to topic, it's so hard to see believers who are wholeheartedly seeking the Lord only and consider marriage as a secondary or distracting venture to their faith. Most believers think it's normal for Christians to primarily desire marriage just like the World does. Even some pastors go as far as embarrassing church members of a certain age group who are yet unmarried. And I wonder, why?

Are we not complete already in Christ? Is Christ not our our fullness and life already? The world is earthy and believes a man is not complete without another, but is it what the Bible teaches us as Christians? Are we incomplete waiting to be completed by another? If no, then why do we stigmatize the unmarried among us? Are we not carnal and worldly when we do that?

Don't we have the liberty in Christ to marry and not to marry. If some of us have chosen to use the liberty to dedicate our lives to God, the same way you have chosen yours, why do you give us the side eye?

Why do you want to bring us under bondage again? Are we not free in Christ to consecrate our lives to God?

It's well.

I can't wait to meet believers who have given up every pleasure including marriage just for the sake of Christ. I can't wait to meet even believers that desire marriage but not in an obsessive way like the world but rather have Christ as their primary pursuit.

I'm not against marriage. It's a beautiful institution created by God himself but it's only useful here on earth. It's an earthly thing. And we are heavenly citizens now and should desire the things which are above. Marry if you want to but be circumspect with it, don't you think? You should marry if you can't hold your virginity but remember you still need to be single-minded in marriage if you are to increase in grace and in the knowledge of the Lord. Let's use every worldly office wisely then.

Happy Sunday! 🌺

Marriage is a personal decision.

Wittyness
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:09am On May 12
Your concerns are very valid.

It's sad to how misplaced the priorities of the present day church is with respect to marriage and some other worldly pursuits.

It wasn't just Paul that chose not marry because of the work of the kingdom, but most of the apostles.

It's disheartening that today's church have lost that degree of passion and devotion to the things of God, that they'd now even use such worldly parameters to measure themselves jsut as the world does.

Thank God though that there were yet believers presently that take the things of God as seriously as they did in the early church and with the apostles, even though they're few.

God is able to lead to some of them if you sincerely ask Him to.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by Nukilia: 8:22am On May 12
Believers will get married because their *Instrument* are working
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by chatinent: 8:59am On May 12
And what has marriage to do with holiness?

I support you only if you cut the organ off. Don't be with it and still deceive yourself.
Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by Julibet: 9:18am On May 12
If you can, please do. It's a good one. It's just that in a society like ours, it may be hard. As a lady, it'll be harder because women are mostly fulfilled with family life.

Marriage is beautiful But if you can consecrate yourself for the Lord faithfully, may the Lord give you the grace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by TimiRume(f): 9:43am On May 12
jesusjnr2020:
Your concerns are very valid.

It's sad to how misplaced the priorities of the present day church is with respect to marriage and some other worldly pursuits.
Thank you

Yes it's sad that the present day church has a lot of misplaced priorities but there is hope. Let us keep bringing this abnormally before the Lord in prayers and fastings and press hard for his intervention in the church.

We know his heart is grieved by it and our earnest intercession will not be ignored by him in any way.

It wasn't just Paul that chose not marry because of the work of the kingdom, but most of the apostles.

It's disheartening that today's church have lost that degree of passion and devotion to the things of God, that they'd now even use such worldly parameters to measure themselves jsut as the world does.
Yes and yes

It wasn't just Paul. They knew something about Christ that is missing in modern churches. It's the glory of the age to come in Christ. A glory that surpasses our temporal fleshy passions. But they paid the price to access this glory that is hidden from the world. And once you touch this glory the taste for this world begins to vanish and you just want more of him instead.

The Lord is teaching me to go beyond bewailing over the church and instead mourn, weep, pray, fast for the church. Brother please join me. Let's pray the Lord's staying mercy on the church. It's his will, he will answer us.

Thank God though that there were yet believers presently that take the things of God as seriously as they did in the early church and with the apostles, even though they're few.

God is able to lead to some of them if you sincerely ask Him to.

God bless.

Yes Amen. There are believers who are burning for Christ like the early church. I want them, I also want the church of God back on form. Let's dominate this world. Let's bring heaven to earth.

Thank you for your inputs. Greatly appreciate 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Hard To Find Believers Who Don't Want To Marry Like Paul? by TimiRume(f): 11:36am On May 12
Julibet:
If you can, please do. It's a good one. It's just that in a society like ours, it may be hard. As a lady, it'll be harder because women are mostly fulfilled with family life.

Marriage is beautiful But if you can consecrate yourself for the Lord faithfully, may the Lord give you the grace.
Amen 🙏🙏

(1) (Reply)

Practice These Secrets And Increase Your Mentality By 90 Percent / Adam And Eve Are Satan As Well / N7m Loan Needed, Collateral Available.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.