Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,931 members, 7,838,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? (8774 Views)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / The Fourth Commandment: The Sabbath. / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:05am On May 12
What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving?

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

That's the final instruction Jesus gave to His disciples before His departure from the earth.

To teach all men to keep all His teachings and commandments.

God bless.

33 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:05am On May 12
I believe it's important for every true Christian or follower of Christ to know what Christ Himself said, because if they followed what Christians say, they will think Jesus commanded His disciples to teach all men to keep the Bible even though that's not what Jesus said.

That's why it's good for Christians to take time to study the teachings of Jesus themselves, otherwise they may find themselves thinking it's what Christians say that Jesus also said, because that was also what they made me believe until I began to carefully study the teachings of Jesus myself.

I never knew Jesus was so particular and emphatic about (the keeping of) His own teachings, that even the final instruction He gave His disciples before His departed this planet Earth, was to teach all men to keep His teachings (instead of the Bible), despite having been in a Christian environment and surrounded by Christians all my life prior to that.

Despite going to church almost every Sunday and hearing hundreds or even thousands of messages by different preachers, i can't remember anytime any preacher placed emphasis on the keeping of Jesus teachings as Jesus did Himself, not even once.

It was always about the Bible! Bible! Bible!

It wasn't until God Himself directed me to read the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and also a few chapters of Acts, and I consequently started reading from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and back to Matthew to continue that circle (occasionally also the book of Acts) for several years, that I realized that for Jesus, it was always (more or less) about (keeping) His teachings,, and not really the Bible as I was made to believe by Christians, church leaders, and the church as a whole.

Their emphasis on the Bible instead of the teachings of Jesus, even made me feel quite odd and concerned when I first started to placing emphasis on the teachings of Jesus instead of the Bible as they always did. But once I realized that Jesus did the same thing and probably even more, my initial concerns immediately dissipated, because if there was anyone I wanted to agree with and to be with me, it was Jesus!

Moreover true Christians were not supposed to be like or follow Christians but Christ, and that was exactly what I was doing.

That's why today instead of always teaching all men to keep the Bible as Christians do, I am instead teaching all men to keep the teachings and commandments of Christ in obedience to the final commandment Christ gave His disciples before He departed the Earth. Matthew 28:20

God bless.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:06am On May 12
That's not to say that I don't teach men to keep anything else from the Bible apart from the teachings of Jesus, because I still do, but with emphasis placed on the teachings of Jesus which is supreme for me and takes precedence over any other.

Hence why any teaching or doctrine in the Bible or anywhere else, regardless of its source, must comply or align with the teachings of Christ, otherwise I consider them unworthy to serve His flock.

That's because I care about His flock and want them to have the same quality of spiritual food that Jesus would have feed them with if He were here Himself.

I believe this is the same reason Jesus gave that commandment to His disciples (to teach all men to keep His Words) before His departure from Earth.

He so loved His flock, He feed them with the best quality of spiritual food (the Word of the Spirit), so He didn't want that to change even when He was no longer around.

Jesus could have easily said to His disciples before leaving them, "teach all men to keep all the scriptures or the Law and the prophets" (which was considered the scriptures in those days), despite knowing fully well about its existence and even reading out of it openly a few occasions, but Jesus didn't say any of that.

Instead Jesus specifically said "teach all men to keep all my commandments".

He should know better for doing that being their Lord and Master.

God bless.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On May 12
Moreover Jesus said it's the one that keeps His commandments that truly loves Him. John 14:21

This also applies to the final commandment He gave to His disciples shortly before He ascended into heaven.

It's only those who teach all men to keep His teachings as He commanded that truly love Him.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On May 12
This also applies to all of the apostles of Christ, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have asked the one He chose out of all of them to lead His church, called Simon Peter, "do you love me? Feed my lambs", 3 good times shortly before His departure to Peter's utter bewilderment. John 21:15-17

If Jesus could ask Simon Peter, one of the few disciples that remained with Him even in His temptations when many left Him, whom He later chose of all His apostles to lead His church in His absence, "do you love me?" 3 times because of feeding (teaching) His sheep, what makes you think He didn't have similar concerns about the teachings of the rest?

That alone proves Jesus didn't even trust His apostles with feeding (teaching) His sheep right as much as He trusted Himself.

If not He could have also commanded His disciples to teach all men to keep all the teachings of His apostles before His departure.

But Jesus never did that despite being the one who chose them, because He knew His apostles weren't inerrant as He was.

He knew that just as Simon Peter, one day, they could say something that makes Him say "flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you but the Spirit of My Father", and the next moment, say something else that would make Him rebuke them and say, "Get behind me, Satan!" Matthew 16:17, 33.

So He didn't want His flock to become vulnerable to any such errors the apostles could make in their teachings which could prove detrimental and costly to their spiritual health.

Hence why instead, His final instruction to His disciples was to teach all men to keep all His commandments, because He knew that's the only way His flock would always be guaranteed the same quality of spiritual food He would have fed them if He were still here Himself.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:08am On May 12
Therefore the common idea of equating all the teachings and doctrines of the apostles of Christ to that of Christ is not only erroneous but also antichrist, because it didn't come from Christ and also goes against His teachings.

Christ Himself never said nor suggested that all men should also keep all the teachings of the apostles, despite being the one who chose them.

He only said that of His own teachings. Matthew 28:20

It's also important to note, that the excuse of "all things" Jesus said the Spirit would later reveal to His disciples in John 14:26 being used by some christians to justify this erroneous practice by Christians is completely baseless and false, because the commandments Jesus was speaking of wasn't in future tense (after He had departed), but what He's already commanded them (past tense) before His departure.

Moreover Jesus also spoke of the Spirit bringing whatever He said to His disciples (instead of the scriptures) to their rememberance after He's gone in the same John 14:26, to further confirm how important it was for them to teach all men to keep whatever He taught them in accordance to His commandments.

So now you know how His disciples were able to remember all the things He said which they wrote in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in obedience to His commandment.

It was by the Spirit of God in fulfilment of what Jesus foretold His disciples.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:10am On May 12
The final instruction Jesus gave to His disciples before His departure is still the same He's giving to anyone who sincerely wants to stop following Christians and start following Christ up til date.

It hasn't still changed!

That's the instruction He gave to world-renown healing evangelist, Oral Roberts when the preacher asked Him what he needs to do to know Jesus. Jesus didn't tell him to go and read the Bible as Christians generally would, but specifically the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John 3 times in a month. (After Oral Roberts obeyed His Voice he said he knew Jesus more than he knew any other human being).

That's similar to what Jesus told apostle Johnson Suleiman when he sought to know the opinion of Jesus instead of the opinion of Christians about some questionable teachings in the Bible. Jesus pointed him to His teachings in the Bible.

I believe it's not far from what happened to apostle Joshua Selman that made him to start extolling the Words of Jesus above every other, including those of the apostles in the Bible. It must have been a sincere desire to seek what Christ Himself says instead of what Christians have been saying.

I should know because that's what also happened to me when I desired to hear from Jesus Himself instead of what Christians were saying. I was specifically directed to the Gospels of Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which informed the emphasis I place on the teachings of Christ today instead of the Bible as Christians do.

So the fact that virtually all Christians were saying something contrary to what Jesus said, doesn't mean the final instruction of Christ to His disciples to teach all men to keep all His teachings has changed.

It hasn't and will never change no matter what Christians choose to make of it, but will still stand even til the ends of the world when Jesus make His return to the Earth to judge all men according to what they did with His Word!

Matthew 24:35 (KJV)

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

John 12:48-50 (KJV)

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by chatinent: 8:41am On May 12
I like the tales of Jesus.

But you see, if you were born in India or China, or major Asian countries, you may never get to hear about Jesus until you are in high school, read books, or surf the internet. And that means you may never be a Christian. Before you attack me, I hope you know the Asians live the longest?

Nigerian Christians love to side against whoever the Isrealis are warring against. Why? They see them as the same biblical Isrealites. But do you know that the Isrealis do not believe in Jesus? I mean, they do not believe the foretold Jesus was the one Christians believe who came. When you pray and end your prayer with the regular "in Jesus name" near an Israeli person, they laugh at you and ridicule you. They tell you why you'd pray to a son of a carpenter and not to God direct.

And also, no matter how righteous or faithful you are, you cannot really explain how Jesus was born. You'd only explain what you were told or read because you don't have a voice of your own. That God transferred the life of his son in heaven to a virgin's womb and it became Jesus and ....and what? To be born to come die for our sins? Why did he need to die when Satan could have been killed? What is sin actually or how did it start? No bi God still put the fruit for garden wey result to sin? Even after that, he was recorded discussing with Satan to test Job who did absolutely nothing!

Even after Jesus died, sin continued and we still die after all.

Why!

Since the prophecy said he'd die, why was Judas and Peter scapegoats?

Doesn't make sense.

Respect to those who wants to do the right thing and use Christianity as backbone tho

5 Likes

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Michael547(m): 8:52am On May 12
jesusjnr2020:
The final instruction Jesus gave to His disciples before His departure is still the same He's giving to anyone who sincerely wants to stop following Christians and start following Christ up til date.

It hasn't still changed!

That's the instruction He gave to world-renown healing evangelist, Oral Roberts when the preacher asked Him what he needs to do to know Jesus. Jesus didn't tell him to go and read the Bible as Christians generally would, but specifically the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John 3 times in a month. (After Oral Roberts obeyed His Voice he said he knew Jesus more than he knew any other human being).

That's similar to what Jesus told apostle Johnson Suleiman when he sought to know the opinion of Jesus instead of the opinion of Christians about some questionable teachings in the Bible. Jesus pointed him to His teachings in the Bible.

I believe it's not far from what happened to apostle Joshua Selman that made him to start extolling the Words of Jesus above every other, including those of the apostles in the Bible. It must have been a sincere desire to seek what Christ Himself says instead of what Christians have been saying.

I should know because that's what also happened to me when I desired to hear from Jesus Himself instead of what Christians were saying. I was specifically directed to the Gospels of Jesus, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which informed the emphasis I place on the teachings of Christ today instead of the Bible as Christians do.

So the fact that virtually all Christians were saying something contrary to what Jesus said, doesn't mean the final instruction of Christ to His disciples to teach all men to keep all His teachings has changed.

It hasn't and will never change no matter what Christians choose to make of it, but will still stand even til the ends of the world when Jesus make His return to the Earth to judge all men according to what they did with His Word!

Matthew 24:35 (KJV)

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

John 12:48-50 (KJV)

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.

God bless.
You've not still told us what Jesus told you in all your long write up. So what is the content of what Jesus told you to teach all men?
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:56am On May 12
Michael547:

You've not still told us what Jesus told you in all your long write up. So what is the content of what Jesus told you to teach all men?
It's His teachings as relayed in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as I said repeatedly, if you missed it.
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Michael547(m): 8:57am On May 12
jesusjnr2020:
It's His teachings as relayed in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John as I said repeatedly, if you missed it.
So what are these teachings since you've read them?
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:00am On May 12
Michael547:

So what are these teachings since you've read them?
Seek them out and you shall find if you're really wanted to know.

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Michael547(m): 9:04am On May 12
jesusjnr2020:
Seek them out and you shall find if you're really wanted to know.
I thought you said Jesus commissioned you to preach about his teachings to others. So why are you leading me on a solo journey?
Are you not supposed to preach the teachings of christ to me as found in the gospel?

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:08am On May 19
Anyone who says he loves Jesus but doesn't keep His commandment is a liar!
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Nairalander248: 8:40am On May 19
Go and preach to the world...
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by RebirthPhoenix(m): 8:43am On May 19
Just be a good person that's the most important above all commandments

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Gagare1(m): 8:44am On May 19
True.

But the most important commandment he gave is centered on LOVE for God and Man.

"A new commandment I give to you; love one another. As I have loved you so you must love one another. All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another."

John 13:34-45

This is what is lacking in the church today, hence, we don't even recognize the church anymore. Once love is out, God is also out, because God is love. Hence, God is absent in most "Christian churches" today.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by KingLennon(m): 8:46am On May 19
The great comission.

But these days, many preachers win souls for themselves and not God. There's a lot of exploitation going on in the body of christ sad

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by temmyyem: 8:47am On May 19
Stop misrepresenting the Son of the Most High (Yahusha). He is a black man.
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Johel(m): 8:47am On May 19
jesusjnr2020:
What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving?

Matthew 28:19-20 (KJV)

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

That's the final instruction Jesus gave to His disciples before His departure from the earth.

To teach all men to keep all His teachings and commandments.

God bless.

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURS AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by ADO2004: 8:49am On May 19
Love one another just as Christ love you.
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by house10studios: 8:53am On May 19
Una go ever Bleep up, no worry wen I return I go treat una Bleep ups
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by kennyz247(m): 9:05am On May 19
D last commandments is make good money

With ur good money, your righteousness go righteous well
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:06am On May 19
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by GardenOfGod(m): 9:06am On May 19
Yes this was His last commandments
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Elolam87(m): 9:11am On May 19
Love one another

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by femicyrus(m): 9:13am On May 19
Why post this on a Sunday morning?
You wont allow people to drop tithe this morning now since Jesus never commanded it
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Kingzmate(m): 9:20am On May 19
NOT TOO GOOD ON CRS OR CRK cheesy

BUT WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE kiss

AM TIRED OF UNHOLY TEACHINGS FROM SOME MONKEYS ON SUIT cool
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Cartelips: 9:32am On May 19
jesusjnr2020:
This also applies to all of the apostles of Christ, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have asked the one He chose out of all of them to lead His church, called Simon Peter, "do you love me? Feed my lambs", 3 good times shortly before His departure to Peter's utter bewilderment. John 21:15-17

Nice write up. I think the "Feeding" is both the "Teaching and the Kitchen". Jesus didn't teach the people and then left them with an empty stomach. That's why he had to feed the 5,000 souls after the sermon, even when Peter insisted that the people could go home and get food themselves, but Jesus insisted that if there isn't food to go round, Peter should make provisions. Agree??

If Jesus could ask Simon Peter, one of the few disciples that remained with Him even in His temptations when many left Him, whom He later chose of all His apostles to lead His church in His absence, "do you love me?" 3 times because of feeding (teaching) His sheep, what makes you think He didn't have similar concerns about the teachings of the rest?

That alone proves Jesus didn't even trust His apostles with feeding (teaching) His sheep right as much as He trusted Himself.

If not He could have also commanded His disciples to teach all men to keep all the teachings of His apostles before His departure.

But Jesus never did that despite being the one who chose them, because He knew His apostles weren't inerrant as He was.

He knew that just as Simon Peter, one day, they could say something that makes Him say "flesh and blood didn't reveal this to you but the Spirit of My Father", and the next moment, say something else that would make Him rebuke them and say, "Get behind me, Satan!" Matthew 16:17, 33.

So He didn't want His flock to become vulnerable to any such errors the apostles could make in their teachings which could prove detrimental and costly to their spiritual health.

Hence why instead, His final instruction to His disciples was to teach all men to keep all His commandments, because He knew that's the only way His flock would always be guaranteed the same quality of spiritual food He would have fed them if He were still here Himself.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Expanse2020(m): 9:41am On May 19
temmyyem:
Stop misrepresenting the Son of the Most High (Yahusha). He is a black man.
Yoo mean he is a Black ass like me
🤣🤣😂😂😂
Aiigoo
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Hanndye: 9:41am On May 19
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=129909850]That's not to say that I don't teach men to keep anything else from the Bible apart from the teachings of Jesus, because I still do, but with emphasis placed on the teachings of Jesus which is supreme for me and takes precedence over any other.

Hence why any teaching or doctrine in the Bible or anywhere else, regardless of its source, must comply or align with the teachings of Christ, otherwise I consider them unworthy to serve His flock.

That's because I care about His flock and want them to have the same quality of spiritual food that Jesus would have feed them with if He were here Himself.

I believe this is the same reason Jesus gave that commandment to His disciples (to teach all men to keep His Words) before His departure from Earth.

He so loved His flock, He feed them with the best quality of spiritual food (the Word of the Spirit), so He didn't want that to change even when He was no longer around.

Jesus could have easily said to His disciples before leaving them, "teach all men to keep all the scriptures or the Law and the prophets" (which was considered the scriptures in those days), despite knowing fully well about its existence and even reading out of it openly a few occasions, but Jesus didn't say any of that.

Instead Jesus specifically said "teach all men to keep all my commandments".

He should know better for doing that being their Lord and Master.

God bless.[/quote
You seem here to be speaking from both sides of you mouth.
Now what do you say about tithe?
Re: What's The Last Commandment Jesus Gave To His Disciples Before Leaving? by Shimran(m): 9:48am On May 19
chatinent:
I like the tales of Jesus.

But you see, if you were born in India or China, or major Asian countries, you may never get to hear about Jesus until you are in high school, read books, or surf the internet. And that means you may never be a Christian. Before you attack me, I hope you know the Asians live the longest?

Nigerian Christians love to side against whoever the Isrealis are warring against. Why? They see them as the same biblical Isrealites. But do you know that the Isrealis do not believe in Jesus? I mean, they do not believe the foretold Jesus was the one Christians believe who came. When you pray and end your prayer with the regular "in Jesus name" near an Israeli person, they laugh at you and ridicule you. They tell you why you'd pray to a son of a carpenter and not to God direct.

And also, no matter how righteous or faithful you are, you cannot really explain how Jesus was born. You'd only explain what you were told or read because you don't have a voice of your own. That God transferred the life of his son in heaven to a virgin's womb and it became Jesus and ....and what? To be born to come die for our sins? Why did he need to die when Satan could have been killed? What is sin actually or how did it start? No bi God still put the fruit for garden wey result to sin? Even after that, he was recorded discussing with Satan to test Job who did absolutely nothing!

Even after Jesus died, sin continued and we still die after all.

Why!

Since the prophecy said he'd die, why was Judas and Peter scapegoats?

Doesn't make sense.

Respect to those who wants to do the right thing and use Christianity as backbone tho

@ the bold, the explanation of the birth of Jesus isn't a rocket. Islam's Qur'an help you with it. Creating the first humans (Adam and Eve) is even more harder (of course it's not harder to The Creator) compare to Jesus. At least Jesus has mother. The Former have not. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are You One Of Those That Flogged And Crucified Jesus Christ? / Provoking Blessings!!!!! / Do You Believe In Spiritual Death ?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.