Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,701 members, 7,865,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:30 AM

Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian (376 Views)

Jasmine, Mr. Ibu's Daughter Attends Party In Wears Partly Revealing Her Buttocks / Walked Out Of My Marriage After Discovering I Married A BISEXUAL Man-tonto Dikeh / "How I Felt After Kissing Cee-C" – Tobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by BrownEnvelop(m): 4:57pm On May 12
The Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle, has opened up on how she felt after discovering through a genealogy test that she was partly Nigerian.

She explained that it was humbling to discover that she was of Nigerian roots. According to the Associated Press, Meghan made the confession while speaking at a programme in Abuja organized by women in leadership and co-hosted by Nigerian economist and Head of the World Trade Organization Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

The Duchess of Sussex had on her podcast in October 2022 that she discovered through a DNA-based test that she was “43% Nigerian.”

Addressing the women at the Abuja event, she re-echoed her Nigerian roots, calling the African giant “my country”, saying, “It’s been eye-opening to be able to know more about my heritage.”

“Never in a million years would I understand it as much as I do now. And what has been echoed so much in the past day is, ‘Oh, we are not so surprised when we found out you are Nigerian.

“It is a compliment to you because what they define as a Nigerian woman is brave, resilient, courageous, beautiful,” Meghan told the audience.

https://nigerianstreet.com/megan-markle-how-i-felt-after-discovering-i-was-partly-a-nigerian/

Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by kestolove95(m): 5:25pm On May 12
She's igala

1 Like

Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by Caleb15(m): 5:37pm On May 12
Queen Esther welcome

1 Like

Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by EreluRoz: 5:43pm On May 12
Going by her facial features she's definitely igbo

1 Like

Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by ucheheart(m): 6:08pm On May 12
Hmm, she looks like an Igbo woman, she must be from IMO state, Owerri to be precise.
Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by chariisGRACE(m): 8:37pm On May 12
Going by her stature, she has Ogoni blood flowing in her veins
Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by shadrach77: 4:06am On May 13
She looks yoruba wink
Re: Megan Markle: How I Felt After Discovering I Was Partly A Nigerian by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:36am On May 13
TO NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA, HOPE YOU ARE LEARNING angry,NIGERIA IS NOT A BAD PLACE TO LIVE OR VISIT, AFEW BAD PEOPLE DOESNT CONDEMN THE MULTITUDE GOOD PEOPLE. angryMany good guys like me abound in Nigeria doing the hustle and legit jobs to live good. grin THE MAJOR PROBLEM NIGERIA STRUGGLE WITH IS BAD LEADERS IN POSITIONS OF INFLUENCE,GREEDY LEADERS MISLEDING YOUTHS TO DESPORATION and CRIMINALITY AMONGRELIGION,POLITICS,EDUCATION,COMMERCE,ENTERTAINMENT, ETC.

(1) (Reply)

Need Funding? / WIZKID Attacks DAVIDO For Scamming Nigerians With His New Crypto Currency / 10 Celebrities With The Worst PLASTIC SURGERIES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.