Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle (26733 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Receives Secretary Blinken In Lagos / President Buhari Receives Prince Charles And Wife In Aso Rock. Photos / Goodluck Jonathan Receives Prince Henry Nwazuruahu In Port Harcourt (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by Allisgud: 1:48pm On May 13
All I see everywhere is shining of teeth
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by oluwaahmed: 1:57pm On May 13
SonOfDSoil01:
this is marginalisation sad why are they not visiting Anambala? The land of billionaires grin
This is how international media reports their visit. No european country will grant them the relevance naija gave them because they are ordinary citizens.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by SonOfDSoil01: 2:30pm On May 13
oluwaahmed:

This is how international media reports their visit. No european country will grant them the relevance naija gave them because they are ordinary citizens.
grin pained obirondent,emergency lovers of Nigeria. Now they want the country to burn just because we rejected there gbajue messiah grin keep spreading your propaganda in your ipob WhatsApp group😂
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by ogelekpomgam(m): 2:31pm On May 13
Akwamkpuruamu:

Can the so called UK treat a Prince like the son of Ooni of Ife same way? or the son of Oba of Benin? Are they not Royals too?
No.No.
No.They won't.United Kingdom comprises of Nations like England, Scotland..etc.
It's not a town.These people owns you.
Whether you like it or not. angry
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by HeatSeeker(m): 2:49pm On May 13
ganisucks:
Treason is fun while it lasts.

How is it treason biko?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by BreconHills(m): 3:04pm On May 13
Akwamkpuruamu:

Placing a national guard of honor for a bloody civilian? Holding no officially recognised office?

He is an ex soldier who founded an innovative post war trauma and injury centre for war vets and created a games for them to recover their self worth and meaning. The building of the forthcoming Invictus centre is great for wounded and traumatised ex soldiers.

The army respects him as an officer involved with this objective and there is nothing wrong with that. He did not wear his military uniform nor does he need to wear it to attend an honour guard.

I do not understand why you are up in arms about a matter that clearly does not concern you as a non UK royal. Nigeria is not an outpost of Great Britain and it's internal non state decisions are not binding on Nigeria. Nigeria is a sovereign state and it's army is an Insituation of a sovereign state.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by ganisucks(f): 4:01pm On May 13
BadMaster:

I have since advised you to seek psychological help, but you have refused. Now, your situation is critical.
"Thomas Jefferson once shot a man on the lawn of the White House for treason".
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by ganisucks(f): 4:03pm On May 13
BreconHills:

He is an ex soldier who founded an innovative post war trauma and injury centre for war vets and created a games for them to recover their self worth and meaning. The building of the forthcoming Invictus centre is great for wounded and traumatised ex soldiers.

The army respects him as an officer involved with this objective and there is nothing wrong with that. He did not wear his military uniform nor does he need to wear it to attend an honour guard.

I do not understand why you are up in arms about a matter that clearly does not concern you as a non UK royal. Nigeria is not an outpost of Great Britain and it's internal non state decisions are not binding on Nigeria. Nigeria is a sovereign state and it's army is an Insituation of a sovereign state.
He and his ragtag band of secessionists are encouraging you to partake in high treason. Treason, that's what it is.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by ganisucks(f): 4:05pm On May 13
HeatSeeker:

How is it treason biko?
The Crown can only have one king at a time. After Charles is William, Mr. I-Love-Roots is not in line.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by alfredfrddy(m): 9:28pm On May 13
LordIsaac:
Hmmmm😊
I'm just wondering how when started sharing hands again with thw whole Covid-19 drama.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by lildush(m): 9:55pm On May 13
This is a visit with a very bad intensions. Get ready folks. You will have colonial masters once again... Very soon. Preparation is almost done
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by Oneday82: 10:59pm On May 13
emmyluizzz:

why are you so daft ??

so late Queen Elizabeth was Prince Harry's mother??
nairaland has given you a platform to showcase your cretins and stupidity....nincompoops

normally most Nigerians especially the yorubas and hausas are dimwits and dunce

such a waste of generations

From your response I can understand your frustration. It's obvious your parents did not raise you properly. Your short sighted has blinded you to the existent you can't understand a simple English. Maybe your generation is fully involved in the waste. I am not a tribal bigots and I speak with fact. I can't waste my time trying to tutor a grown empty headed adult to make him understand how demented he is and by that is a waste. So, you can deal with your illusion. And point of correction Nairaland is a wonderful platform to put bigots like you in their rightful place. I can't be more stupid than you not to understand that the prince is from a British Royal Home and therefore share in the part of everything related to the royal home. Mugu wise up. Nkita
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by PHAYOL81: 1:32am On May 14
Oneday82:
Look how sheepishly the Gov is laughing. To him it is an achievement. What is this visit going to do for us in Lagos and Nigeria in General.? If the guy meant well for us on this visit, he should visit Yobe, Borno and other states in the North to see how bad it has become. Her late mother was an instrument to what Nigeria is going through now. So, to many, his visit is very irrelevant. Let him go back to his country and leave us alone.

After all, NIGERIA is a Business Ground, never seen by them as a country.

IN yoruba culture, visitors are supposed to be cordially welcomed. Tthey're to be made comfortable and allowed all the beautiful memories they can take back with them. No matter how poor or otherwise they look, your treatment of them might be the catalyst for whatever tidings fate brings to your end thereafter.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by BreconHills(m): 7:48am On May 14
ganisucks:

He and his ragtag band of secessionists are encouraging you to partake in high treason. Treason, that's what it is.

You statement is illogical.

Do know what high treason is - it is a plan or attempt to take or conspire to take down a government through violence.

Is the RF the government?

Is Nigeria a colony or possession of the British crown?

You cannot hate everyone that makes contact with Nigeria simply because you hate the government. Was Okonjo Iweala not part of the program - is she not a PDP office holder? Did Kate Henshaw not vote LP top to bottom at the last election.

As you get older, you will discover pragmatism. The friend of your enemy is not always your enemy.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by BreconHills(m): 7:51am On May 14
oluwaahmed:

Really now?

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/g60755416/all-photos-prince-harry-meghan-markle-nigeria-trip/

In case you do not know Harpers is the lifestyle magazine for royalty and the uber wealthy. Open the link and read down to the end if you dare.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Receives Prince Harry & Meghan Markle by BreconHills(m): 12:59pm On May 14
Akwamkpuruamu:

Placing a national guard of honor for a bloody civilian? Holding no officially recognised office?

UK - Nigeria military training.

You guys should do some work before boldly stating that a person who is now a civilian cannot take a salute. It's called honor guard for a reason.

And this is after Prince Harry's visit - a visit that hurt you more than the country he came from

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Does Petrol Colour Differ (picture) / President's Wife Aisha Presents Gifts To 1st Baby Born In 2017 In Abuja - Photos / Buhari Failed In Areas We Expected Him To Act During His Visit – Benue Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.