Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate (18549 Views)

Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly to screen Commissioner-nominee today / Wike's Loyalist Set Ablaze Thanksgiving Venue Of Pro Fubara Group In Rivers / Rivers: Why Pro-fubara Speaker Resigned, Vacated Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by robosky02(m): 4:15pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:
In less than 2hrs, Appeal court will vacate the Fubara kangaroo retraining order against the 27 lawmakers.

Fubara is a drowning man. All the igbos, ipob cheering him up will wail to eternity as Fubara will be impeached.

Nonsense

Stop receiving your self

Tell Wike to concentrate on his Abuja work
Tell this men to go home the shot themselves on the foot instead of staying in PDP to impeach Fubara

Error made them impeach themselves by defecting to APC
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Bkdson2121: 4:22pm On May 13
[quote author=HenryThegreat1 post=129931661]
Wetin you want make him do na.
Government must move on.[/quote

And moreover the other 25 members of the assembly have crossed over to the other political party voiding their participation in legislative matters pending the conduct of a bye election]
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Bluntemperor: 4:24pm On May 13
orikoku:
Good. Fubara should start work already.

From where he go start?
Can you run with mud in your legs
Fubara mistakes are too obvious!
It has not reached 3- Months Opposition Forces were queuing up to dictate to him, even past irrelevant leaders and he forgot that those who made him the King are yet to crown him,after all he signed for it!
He refuses to allow Wisdom to prevail!
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Indispensable85(m): 4:29pm On May 13
Where are the assembly members? Hahaha 😆 😂 😆 😂
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by djon78(m): 4:30pm On May 13
NkanuSon:
In this life just don't gather enemies and don't fight the hands that lift u up because if they should remove their hands your fall will be loud,Wike is lonely right now(forget the rented crowed)
All the love around him is fake he has fought the people that truly loved him when he was nobody
Even the the government he is working for are just using him as a tool to achieve their agenda

I love the way fubara is giving him a taste of his medicine

Who has he not betrayed?

All the people that helped him become somebody including insulting Dr Peter and justice Mary Odili even Patience Jonathan, Rotimi Amechi, all who made him what he is today

You think BAT no wise

Fubara will work more for BAT than Wike

He isn't trust worthy
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by tammyf: 4:32pm On May 13
You are an awesome writer .witty .you r not far from the truth though .I'm from rivers and can relate . I didn't want to stop reading .wish i can write like u .

robosky02:

Note Fubara is a riverine man
And has the people backing

THE LEADER; POWER, AND THE PEOPLE.

Every single Governor of Rivers State since 1999 has maintained power and influence on the backs of their popularity and support amongst the people.

Rivers People naturally gravitate towards leaders who fight oppressors. They build an alligence with such a leader and become his strength and protection.

From former Governor Odili, whose popularity grew mostly based on his benevolence to various sects and groups in the state - Some of his biggest beneficiaries were Churches, Women, and community groups.

“Odili Yeh Yeh Yeh Yeh Yeh” was a popular tune on the streets of Port Harcourt.

For those who were in Port Harcourt on that faithful Friday on the 26th of October, 2007 when the “I believe” mantra was made manifest with the landmark Supreme Court judgment that ordered the immediate swearing in of Rt Hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi as Governor of Rivers State, you would agree with me that there was an eruption on the streets of Port Harcourt.

Rivers people stuck with Amaechi after the K-Leg saga. They took sides with the oppressed against the oppressor and for a couple of years, Amaechi enjoyed the support of the people until he lost it when he went against Goodluck Jonathan whom the people also supported.

In 2013, Chief E.N. Wike led the charge in the people’s quest against Amaechi’s antagonist slurs on “our brother” GEJ.

Wike enjoyed the support of the people easily. He was our knight in shining Amour. In 2015, ensuring Wike’s victory was like a duty the people owed to God, especially coming from a presidential election where it was assumed that our brother GEJ was rigged out.

Former Governor Wike lost at the election tribunal and the Court of Appeal but on the faithful Wednesday evening on the 27th of January 2016 when news filtered in that Chief Wike had won at the Supreme Court, the streets of Port Harcourt were flooded. Gov Wike drove along Ikwerre Road, standing out of the sunroof of his black Lexus Jeep to the admiration of the people.

It was a mini carnival!

From the reruns of 2016 to the notoriety of Akin Fakorode and the Men of the FSARS, the hostility of the Federal Government, and the elections of 2019, Former Governor Wike had the People of Rivers State as the wind under his sail.

The fact is, every Rivers State Governor has become powerful because of the people and not based on their own strength. And this is why when the people left Odili for Amaechi, Amaechi triumphed. When they left Amaechi for Wike, Wike became untouchable and unstoppable.

It has been the people always.

Not the political class but the people.

There is a quote that says that a leader who leads without the people following, is only taking a walk.

Most times, it is easy for leaders to mistake the strength and support they’ve enjoyed from the people over time to pass as theirs and the result of their sole effort.

As it stands today, Governor Sim enjoys the support of Rivers People across board. The reason is not far-fetched. It is for the same reason they stood with Amaechi in 2007, 2011, with Wike in 2013, 2015, 2019, etc.

Leaders should know that what the people gave you freely in your time, they’d give to another in their time as they gave in the time of those who came before you.

Vox Populi, Vox Dei

@UgoOputa
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Oghene86: 4:38pm On May 13
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by jamesversion: 4:45pm On May 13
renthrefhny:
Only 4 members in that house, this Sim worse pass Obaseki

3 members actually. 1 resigned to become Chief of staff to the Governor.

Imagine a 3 member House of Assembly. grin
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by ebahorjerry: 4:47pm On May 13
Thank God say ur name na zombie
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Hullcity: 4:49pm On May 13
Rivers state is fully SIMplified
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Nyanabo2: 4:49pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:
In less than 2hrs, Appeal court will vacate the Fubara kangaroo retraining order against the 27 lawmakers.

Fubara is a drowning man. All the igbos, ipob cheering him up will wail to eternity as Fubara will be impeached.

Nonsense

It's remaining 50mins let's see how it happens. De play
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by tnerro1(m): 5:18pm On May 13
If you want to fight a mad man, be ready to enter the gutters to fight. In that way, the mad man has no advantage to boast of.

Sim don enter the gutter to continue the fight 😁😁
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Splashme: 5:23pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:

Nonsense

You go explain explain tire ... no evidence.
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by ElevationD: 5:29pm On May 13
renthrefhny:

Not worse but better. Obaseki has no house of assembly!

1 Like

Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Splashme: 5:32pm On May 13
Yes oo
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by TGM2015: 5:36pm On May 13
eldoradoxx:

The Nigerian Constitution remains that if you are elected as a member of a parliament in party A and you defect to party B when there is no factionalization or division in party A, you automatically loose your seat and must go back to ask your constituency to vote you back in Party B.
So 27 members who defected lost their seats automatically and cannot make any law until they win their elections back to the Assembly
Unfortunately, it is only court of competent jurisdiction that can declare their seat vacant.

Let us assume, they have lost the their seat, the rule is, the house can only carry out Legislative duties when a quorum is form and make legislative decisions with 2/3 membership.

A quorum is 1/3. 1/3 of 30 or 31 is about ten. The Fubara group can't carry out any Legislative duties until more assembly members are elected and sworn in or the 27 lawmakers join them.

4 or 3 cannot make a quorum for 30 members Legislative house. Whatever they Fubara loyalists are doing is illegal, null and void in the eyes of the law.
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by TGM2015: 5:38pm On May 13
TGM2015:

Unfortunately, it is only court of competent jurisdiction that can declare their seats vacant.

Let us assume, they have lost the their seats, the rule is, the house can only carry out Legislative duties when a quorum is formed and make legislative decisions with 2/3 membership.

A quorum is 1/3. 1/3 of 30 or 31 is ten. The Fubara group cannot carry out any Legislative duties until more assembly members are elected and sworn in or the 27 lawmakers join them.

4 or 3 cannot make a quorum for 30 members Legislative house. Whatever they Fubara loyalists are doing is illegal, null and void in the eyes of the law.
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by KayCee92(m): 5:38pm On May 13
robosky02:

Note Fubara is a riverine man
And has the people backing

THE LEADER; POWER, AND THE PEOPLE.

Every single Governor of Rivers State since 1999 has maintained power and influence on the backs of their popularity and support amongst the people.

Rivers People naturally gravitate towards leaders who fight oppressors. They build an alligence with such a leader and become his strength and protection.

From former Governor Odili, whose popularity grew mostly based on his benevolence to various sects and groups in the state - Some of his biggest beneficiaries were Churches, Women, and community groups.

“Odili Yeh Yeh Yeh Yeh Yeh” was a popular tune on the streets of Port Harcourt.

For those who were in Port Harcourt on that faithful Friday on the 26th of October, 2007 when the “I believe” mantra was made manifest with the landmark Supreme Court judgment that ordered the immediate swearing in of Rt Hon Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi as Governor of Rivers State, you would agree with me that there was an eruption on the streets of Port Harcourt.

Rivers people stuck with Amaechi after the K-Leg saga. They took sides with the oppressed against the oppressor and for a couple of years, Amaechi enjoyed the support of the people until he lost it when he went against Goodluck Jonathan whom the people also supported.

In 2013, Chief E.N. Wike led the charge in the people’s quest against Amaechi’s antagonist slurs on “our brother” GEJ.

Wike enjoyed the support of the people easily. He was our knight in shining Amour. In 2015, ensuring Wike’s victory was like a duty the people owed to God, especially coming from a presidential election where it was assumed that our brother GEJ was rigged out.

Former Governor Wike lost at the election tribunal and the Court of Appeal but on the faithful Wednesday evening on the 27th of January 2016 when news filtered in that Chief Wike had won at the Supreme Court, the streets of Port Harcourt were flooded. Gov Wike drove along Ikwerre Road, standing out of the sunroof of his black Lexus Jeep to the admiration of the people.

It was a mini carnival!

From the reruns of 2016 to the notoriety of Akin Fakorode and the Men of the FSARS, the hostility of the Federal Government, and the elections of 2019, Former Governor Wike had the People of Rivers State as the wind under his sail.

The fact is, every Rivers State Governor has become powerful because of the people and not based on their own strength. And this is why when the people left Odili for Amaechi, Amaechi triumphed. When they left Amaechi for Wike, Wike became untouchable and unstoppable.

It has been the people always.

Not the political class but the people.

There is a quote that says that a leader who leads without the people following, is only taking a walk.

Most times, it is easy for leaders to mistake the strength and support they’ve enjoyed from the people over time to pass as theirs and the result of their sole effort.

As it stands today, Governor Sim enjoys the support of Rivers People across board. The reason is not far-fetched. It is for the same reason they stood with Amaechi in 2007, 2011, with Wike in 2013, 2015, 2019, etc.

Leaders should know that what the people gave you freely in your time, they’d give to another in their time as they gave in the time of those who came before you.

Vox Populi, Vox Dei

@UgoOputa

Bravo. This I a worthy read. You have given this your time and it deserves to be read.
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by idanone(m): 5:48pm On May 13
So you want make him allow them impeach am?
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Ebubu: 6:01pm On May 13
Righthussle:
See as this boy take become speaker.
Very small boy wey become speaker
Dis life ehn
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by tomju2(f): 6:03pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:

Nonsense
And if the appeal court does not reverse it?
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Jflex07(m): 6:09pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:

Nonsense
Seun, this guy goes around insulting igbos unprovoked. Please,ban this account. Enough is enough!
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Sapasenator: 6:13pm On May 13
Bluntemperor:

From where he go start?
Can you run with mud in your legs
Fubara mistakes are too obvious!
It has not reached 3- Months Opposition Forces were queuing up to dictate to him, even past irrelevant leaders and he forgot that those who made him the King are yet to crown him,after all he signed for it!
He refuses to allow Wisdom to prevail!

To you, wisdom means looting and sharing the state treasuries right?

Nigeria is an active crime scene my friend.
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Confirmedzombie: 6:35pm On May 13
Jflex07:
Seun, this guy goes around insulting igbos unprovoked. Please,ban this account. Enough is enough!

You cant take what you dish out. How did I insult igbos..

We all know how you hate wike while supporting Fubara.
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by AkumTemi: 6:42pm On May 13
Tinacity:
Please dear Daddy and Mommy, forgive me for bringing this here. am doing this because av run out of options and I don't have any other choice. My name is Kelļy, I gave birth to my boy Ayomide 2 years ago and since then it has been a rollercoaster of one event to another. My fiance abandoned us and I move in back with my parents taking care of my son all alone without any assistance even though he was always falling very sick all the time. I notice that he always feels discomfort when his trying to breath so I looked for money to take my son to the hospital. He was diagnosed with congenital heart defect, a hole in his heart, as the cause of his breathing problems. I've cried my eyes out but if only crying can solve problem. I can't stand to see my child in pain.

I've gone almost everywhere I can possibly go but no hope except for hospital. Doctors say that he will need to undergo surgery at UCH for N4.5million and my family with the help of some very kind hearted people have been able to raise part of N3 million. We have sold off almost everything valuable to us but it's not yet enough, that why I am appealing to well meaning Nigerians, if you're touched to save my son's life, please find it in your kind heart to extend a hand of help to him. Nothing is too small in the sight of God. Am calling kind hearted people, please help save my boys life. Please am also calling upon any NGO that can accept my sons condition please. May God almighty bless you immensely and wipe away sorrow from your eye. Amen.

Video Prove;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQq6Dd5iCOY?si=QZdkvJs2650C7FKW

Access Bank
KelļyMonday

Fake
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Franchise21(m): 6:58pm On May 13
Confirmedzombie:

Nonsense
as your moniker implies... Confirmedzombie
In otherwords, no one needs to argue with you
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by ufuosman(m): 7:21pm On May 13
Sharply no time
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 10:03pm On May 13
Kukutente23:

You mean Appeal Court will seat by 5pm

You be confirmed zombie

Na now you confirm am! grin grin
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Konquest: 2:14am On May 14
renthrefhny:
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by Amumaigwe: 6:28am On May 14
Confirmedzombie:

Nonsense

Jealousy. Rivers no bi Lagos
Re: Rivers: Pro-Fubara Assembly Screens, Confirms Iboroma as Commissioner-designate by HRMK: 6:40am On May 14
COMEDIANS AND JESTERS AND JOKERS!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP / Operation ‘free Lagos’ Will Continue, Agbaje Vows / Did Ghana Actually Killed All There Top Leaders Before Witnessing Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.