Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Machete Attacks In Ilorin? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Machete Attacks In Ilorin? (1151 Views)

U.S. Embassy Warns Of Possible 'Terrorism' Attacks In Nigeria - Reuters / Amaechi’s Brother Hospitalised After Machete Attack By Thugs / 615 Terrorist killed In Both Air And Ground Attacks In Sambista Forest - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by Kay1kay1(m): 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2011
For the past two weeks now in Ilorin, it is said that warnings have been circulating concerning attacks on innocent individuals especially at night, from 7p.m. It is also said that the reason for such attacks is ritual. Can anyone confirm this?
Re: Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by Beaf: 10:35pm On Nov 22, 2011
Yes, I have said it numerous times that I and a couple of others were chased by head hunters in Ilorin. They play very sweet music on their drums. DO NOT INVESTIGATE. And stay indoors until the season is over.
Re: Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by VoodooDoll(m): 11:36pm On Nov 22, 2011
What part of Ilorin?
Re: Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by Mesico2(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
I don't think there's any truth in the rumour. I just left ilorin this morning since sallah's time and there was nothing of such, peace!
Re: Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by Kay1kay1(m): 9:46am On Nov 23, 2011
VoodooDoll:

What part of Ilorin?

The city itself, cases were mentioned of Oko-Erin and Asa Dam areas. But no area is an exception to such attacks according to reports.
Re: Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by Kay1kay1(m): 9:50am On Nov 23, 2011
Beaf:

Yes, I have said it numerous times that I and a couple of others were chased by head hunters in Ilorin. They play very sweet music on their drums. DO NOT INVESTIGATE. And stay indoors until the season is over.

These ones they say, are blood hunters.
Re: Machete Attacks In Ilorin? by Jakumo(m): 9:59am On Nov 23, 2011
Ritual murder is an old a tradition as are the tribes and terrain that make up Africa.   Today in Nigeria and much of sub-Saharan Africa,  the stubborn belief still persists that human cadaver parts can be used to conjure up free cash money.  Human sacrifice is a growth industry in present-day Nigeria due to the widespread prevalence of such superstitious indoctrination from birth, among generations of her citizens in ALL tribal homelands.  

While Chinese government officials harvest internal organs from executed prisoners for wholesale to the medical transplant black-market, Nigerian kidnap and ritual murder gangs exist primarily to provide fresh or smoke-dried human "spare parts" for use in witchcraft rituals that only ever yield returns to the chartered witch doctors.    It is only a matter of time, however, before Nigerian gore entrepreneurs diversify their operations to include the harvest and sale of fresh frozen human organs for medical transplant, as is currently done by Egyption desert Bedouins who capture African illegal immigrants for use as unwilling live donors, who die shortly after having their innards plundered.

Returning to the question posed by Mesico2 regarding what to make of rumours about ritual murderers on the prowl in ANY Nigerian town or city, I would suggest that such reports be regarded as VERY serious and credible warnings, and that anyone resident where such activity is recorded should ratchet up their level of personal awareness accordingly.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Day Bomb Suspect, Kabiru Sokoto Re-arested / Umar Johnson Is The Next Malcolm X / The Vision Of A New Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.