Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:57 AM

Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 (16258 Views)

Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu: 12th,13th,14th &15th Governors Of Lagos / Photos From Labour Party's Harmonization Town Hall Meeting Held In Kano State / Buhari Closing Remarks At The Valedictory Session For Members Of FEC (2015-2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Justdare: 9:34pm On May 14
emkz:
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS HELD ON 13TH AND 14TH MAY, 2024

Bayo Onanuga
Special Adviser on Information and Strategy to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

A man on a mission
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Obviouslyblunt: 9:35pm On May 14
Yet nothing on the minimum wage. How does this government actually want people to feel about them?

1 Like

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by tivity101: 9:35pm On May 14
E shock you. E shock me too

So amongst all that was approved nothing was approved from the south south states that lays the golden eggs.
Tueh
NwaNimo1:
7. Council approved a consultancy service for the reconciliation and expansion of the remittances to NITDA.

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Gajagojo: 9:36pm On May 14
emkz:
While thanking President Bola Tinubu administration and FEC for these plans, it is also important to include the southeast in these projects.

No one must be left behind.
5% tins
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Raphael81(m): 9:37pm On May 14
Nigeria is in a sad state, we are in a vision less society, what is the benefit of all these to the common man, why can't the Government of the day build companies to employ the youths? May God deliver us from the evil party. Amen
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Teenaira: 9:40pm On May 14
When are they going to talk about agric.This country should be able to feed itself. Agric is the new gold mine if security can be guaranteed.
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by VaginaAcademic: 9:48pm On May 14
Messrs Yuan Resources Limited was awarded the concession to deploy a revenue assurance platform under PPP arrangement in the lottery and gaming sector. The concession which will be for 15 years, will be done via DFBOT option, which means Design, Finance, Build, Operate and Transfer.
Dem wan tax gambler's winnings. No news on minimum wage and salary increment.

1 Like

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by oka4ugoo: 9:48pm On May 14
White powder on the beat again. grin
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by DMerciful(m): 9:58pm On May 14
If?

Tinubu will further disappoint you guys.
He can't give what he doesn't have
Throwback:
Great information.

I see many new roads and rehabilitations to be done.

If Tinubu can get it right with housing mortgages and the financial credit system for consumer purchases, that will be a great legacy.
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Johnthesuccess: 9:59pm On May 14
pafestula:
Trash as usual, negative result as usual.

Same old stories without any positive impact or outcome.

Wasting of time and resources.

I didn't even waste my time to read the nonsense write up.

Hardship Pro-Max is always the outcome.

Because Dem no say make you come collect money abi?
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Bluntemperor: 10:04pm On May 14
RonuFools:
Nonsense and ingredients
Meeting with no tangible results on the masses

It depends on where you place your binoculars!
See things Changing and ask God to direct our Leaders right - from your Local Govt,to the State, including your State Assembly,the Governors , the Ministers,the National Assembly ( Senators+ House of Reps).
I understand your shortcomings - approvals of New Salaries but try to even see something New things approved here first.
Nigeria shall be Great
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by commoditiesnig: 10:08pm On May 14
emkz:
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS HELD ON 13TH AND 14TH MAY, 2024

Bayo Onanuga
Very good. I can see alot of construction works projects .. Kudos to the FG!
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by commoditiesnig: 10:09pm On May 14
Throwback:
Great information.

If Tinubu can get it right with housing mortgages and the financial credit system for consumer purchases, that will be a great legacy.
Very true. Such as done abroad.
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by soullove1881(m): 10:15pm On May 14
kufre2010:
What of Calabar Itu road? Nothing for Akwa Ibom and Cross River?

What of Lagos Calabar Railway

Or
Should we wait until we have an Akwa Ibomite as president before we start getting federal project?

The energy you used to write this is more than the read it all. Section 2 was approved. From Calabar
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by ebufa: 10:16pm On May 14
emkz:
While thanking President Bola Tinubu administration and FEC for these plans, it is also important to include the southeast in these projects.

Southeast is used to being left behind! Na today !!! The marginalisation is brazen and opendential.................is it not funny that oil boom came and oil doom came,military regime came and civilian rule came........Yet the federal government of Nigeria never built a single airport in the southeast , never built a single all new rail line,never built a single gas pipeline to any city in the southeast and the only major bridge that has been built in the southeast since 1970 is the 2nd niger bridge, whicch the American government forced Buhari to build from recovered Abacha funds! hmmmm I want to be corrected in my above assertion! Every affliction has an expiry date!! that one na for sure!

2 Likes

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by wirinet(m): 10:18pm On May 14
Nothing for the Niger Delta. Only Edo State in the South South that was awarded any project

On Day 2 of the FEC meeting, approval was given for the award of contract for the equalisation of Lokoja-Benin Road, Okpela Section, Lokoja-Benin, Dualised Auchi Section -Uromi Link Road and Lokoja-Benin Road, Ekpoma Section. It was on this road that a fuel tanker fell into high water recently, with villagers having to swim to rescue the occupants of the tanker. The reconstruction will be financed by BUA Cement at a cost of N120 Billion under the tax credit scheme.

19. Council approved contracts to various contractors to build roads and bridges in Kaima-Tesse, Kwara State, Benin-Agbor, BeninByepass and Ngaski-Wara in Kebbi State. All the four contracts will cost N546 billion.
And the project is to be financed by BUA cement under a tax credit scheme. Us the FEC telling us that BUA pays over 120 billion yearly in taxes, I am confused.

Over 70% is of benefit to Abuja and Lagos. Even the ones outside Abuja and Lagos somehow benefits these two states. Nothing at all for the South East, nothing for the Niger delta. One would think Nigeria begins and ends with Abuja and Lagos. Imagine the East-West Road that the Niger Delta people have been screaming for decades is conspicuously missing.

Now the most important thing is what is the total cost of all these projects and how will be money be raised. I project the total cost of all these will be over N10 trillion. Did they pass through the procurement process? I mean did the award of these contract follow the procurement act of 2007? Did the National Assembly budget for these projects?
Lots of unanswered questions.

1 Like

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by patrickcollins: 10:21pm On May 14
Throwback:
Great information.

Tinubu can't get anything right, the same thing was said about Buhari and he got nothing right
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by wirinet(m): 10:25pm On May 14
patrickcollins:
Tinubu can't get anything right, the same thing was said about Buhari and he got nothing right
Buhari spread development around the country and did not just concentrate on Lagos and Abuja. Even the South East that hate Buhari so much felt his presence.

1 Like

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Bluntemperor: 10:26pm On May 14
Teenaira:
When are they going to talk about agric.This country should be able to feed itself. Agric is the new gold mine if security can be guaranteed.

Well said bro!
I ve raised some of these Sectors, and how they can add Productivity to Nigerians and that we can earn FOREX on these Agriculture Products,if well planned!
e.g Cash Crops - Maize , Millets
Productions,Yam Productions,Rice Production ,
•Garri Productions is now 'a gold mine' - even expensive than Rice,but why are we like this?
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by mankan2k7(m): 10:26pm On May 14
With the current state of the economy, one will think that these people will think of alleviating the poverty in the land. Alas, all they are concerned about is to hide under constructions of roads to loot our common wealth.

No hope for workers, no home for the masses.

Spit on them all
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by AK481(m): 10:36pm On May 14
Nothing again for SE...

Hateful
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Honestey: 10:43pm On May 14
22. Council approved continuation of payment of expired minimum wage to civil servants even if council aware they are being criminally cheated 4kCancil

1 Like

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by wirinet(m): 10:50pm On May 14
Teenaira:
To me Agric should take second place to Education. Education is backbone of a modern society. You can predict the future of a country by its present level of education cum literacy. Nigeria educational standards is falling at an alarming rate. The government did not plan to build one new classroom block not to talk of one new school.
Then power, I would have expected Tinubu to complete the Mambilla power project in order to boost our energy supply. The Mambilla dam can add 3,000 Mw to our power grid.

It seems the Tinubu government has no agenda, no developmental or economic plan. They are just planing projects haphazardly without a preconceived goal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by stevnwigw1: 10:58pm On May 14
Council did not approve anything for south east
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by patrickcollins: 11:00pm On May 14
wirinet:

Buhari spread development around the country and did not just concentrate on Lagos and Abuja. Even the South East that hate Buhari so much felt his presence.
Buhari spread poverty, misery, loss of jobs, battered economy, hunger and corruption so please remove development from where Buhari is

2 Likes

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by DeepSight(m): 11:07pm On May 14
wirinet:

To me Agric should take second place to Education. Education is backbone of a modern society. You can predict the future of a country by its present level of education cum literacy. Nigeria educational standards is falling at an alarming rate. The government did not plan to build one new classroom block not to talk of one new school.
Then power, I would have expected Tinubu to complete the Mambilla power project in order to boost our energy supply. The Mambilla dam can add 3,000 Mw to our power grid.

It seems the Tinubu government has no agenda, no developmental or economic plan. They are just planing projects haphazardly without a preconceived goal.

My brother, I have personally concluded that this generation will not see steady electricity in Nigeria.
And by generation I mean everyone alive today.
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by 123yes(m): 11:09pm On May 14
DeepSight:

My brother, I have personally concluded that this generation will not see steady electricity in Nigeria.
And by generation I mean everyone alive today.
Throwback:

Tinubu has released assignment for Peter Obi.

He will submit it by tomorrow.
for your sake, if left for him, he will stay in his house to enjoy his wealth
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by Jamie248: 11:14pm On May 14
Blazetrailer:
As inflation is nearing 40% and the Naira js getting devalued everyday, see what these dafts spent 2 days deliberating upon. Misplaced priorities

Not surprised anyway. The looter of Lagos has been found out. No economic sense.

They're all thieves
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by TREENDZ: 11:39pm On May 14
Rubbish 😑😑
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by zudozz: 11:59pm On May 14
emkz:

Bayo Onanuga

Is Tinubu back in Nigeria?
Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by discusant: 12:14am On May 15
emkz:

Include the SE? Lol. SE is minimally represented in the FEC through the 5-states only structure deliberately left for the SE by Sani Abacha.

For about 12 years, this 20km Ihialla-Orlu road between Anambra and Imo States have remained like this.
Since 1983 when Buhari military junta struck, Awka-Owerri road completed before then but a bridge was not constructed on Orashi River- the Ekwulobia-Orlu section of the road has remained in disuse. Sometimes one asks: has the federal ministry of works no knowledge of the existence of some of its roads in the SE?

1 Like

Re: Highlights of FEC Meeting Held 13th - 14th May 2024 by amba2017: 12:22am On May 15
All are consumption and tax, no production

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ajimobi And Expatriates Lay Foundation For Oyo Free Trade Zone / 2023: Youths Begin Search For Buhari’s Successor / Gbenga Obasanjo, Ex-wife In Another Tussle Over Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.