Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,298 members, 7,867,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

Anambra East TC Chairmanship: Aguleri APGA Leaders Gang Up Against Obiano's Choi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra East TC Chairmanship: Aguleri APGA Leaders Gang Up Against Obiano's Choi (92 Views)

Ossy Prestige's Body Received By Family Members, APGA Leaders (Pics, Video) / N25b Refund Pits Ubah Against Obiano / N-APGA, APGA Faction Emerges In Imo: Protests Against Obiano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra East TC Chairmanship: Aguleri APGA Leaders Gang Up Against Obiano's Choi by Oodua2024: 11:08pm On May 14
Anambra East TC Chairmanship: Aguleri APGA Leaders Gang up against Obiano's Choice.

There are expectations that Anambra State Governor, Prof Chukwuma Soludo will announce the names of new Transition Committee Chairmen tomorrow and submit same for confirmation by the State Assembly.
The choice of the new TC chairman for Anambra east LGA has however, thrown the APGA Leaders in Aguleri into crisis.
Our sources gathered that former governor of the state, Chief Willie Obiano had nominated Comr Innocent Nduanya to be appointed as the new TC chairman for Anambra east LGA.
But it appears Obiano’s choice of Nduanya did not go down well with the leaders of APGA in Aguleri his country home.
The Aguleri APGA Leaders it was gathered, have rejected Obiano's nomination and called for election of all those who expressed interest for the chairmanship position.
The election held today at Aguleri, during which all APGA ward executives from Aguleri and their leaders gathered to vote against Obiano's choice of Nduanya.
The decision of the leaders to do away with the choice of Obiano is causing political ripples in the area.
Many believe that it is insulting for APGA leaders in Aguleri to go against the choice of their illustrious son who did so much for them when he was in power.
According to a protest letter from Comr Nduanya seen by our correspondent, his nomination by Chief Obiano was his last wish before he left office.
"For me to participate in the Aguleri Five Ward APGA Executives election scheduled for today, 14th May 2024 does not honor his nomination and would be a sign of disrespect to him and his legacy.
“Just as a child does not dance to a song that dishonors his father, I cannot bring myself to participate in a process that undermines the wishes of Chief Obiano.
"I firmly believe that my candidacy should not bring shame or disrespect to our esteemed son and APGA Bot member, Chief Dr. Willie Obiano.
“I have made the difficult decision not to participate in this proposed election of 14th May 2024, as I wish to uphold the dignity and honor of his nomination.
"I plead for your understanding and support in this matter. I remain resolute in my decision to stand by Chief Obiano's nomination, and I thank you for your attention to this important issue,” Nduanya posited.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Inflation Rate Rises To 33.69% / Barr Musawa Receives Praises As FH Court Clears Her Over NYSC Cert Saga / PHCN NERC Cap For Your Location.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.