Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,421 members, 7,850,496 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:12 PM

Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi (16872 Views)

Court Sentences Tiktok User To 3 Years Jail For Defaming Eniola Badmus / Police Arraign Two Women Who Fought Over A Man In Nasarawa / Ogun Monarch: Oba Ayinde Odetola Burnt To Ashes In His Car (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Lanretoye(m): 6:53am On May 15
When u grant sirika,emefiele and may other criminal that commit offences against the whole country 100m bail and you grant someone that commit a common crime bail of 100m too.
virginchaser:

You made a relevant point but who will pass this to his / her lordship?
Abeg leave that man/woman o,I no wan hear say person say I do cyberdisthat,where I wan see 100m.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by oceaneverdry77: 6:55am On May 15
Na so the ones that called it's self IAS have carry poeple's Money and run away. Scammer don't have pity on poeple even with this hardship.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by cjudy(m): 6:57am On May 15
WorldRichest:

Go and put head nah. You too should go and start abusing people on the internet, your village people go happy when Police hands touch you

See this one, who insult people pass you APC and their co? What you did to Jonathan, you people can’t take it.

Ndi ala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Blitzking: 6:57am On May 15
100m each abeg how much tap tap tap dey earn?
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by LaSenior: 6:59am On May 15
That judge is wicked

This is why I don't wish them RIP when they die

This is just a case to remand them in prison just to please the oba

Eye service judge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:01am On May 15
If the bail is just a paltry N10,000 the prosecutor will oppose it vehemently. But bail of 100m will be welcomed with laughter.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by caracas: 7:12am On May 15
WorldRichest:

Go and start your own, we will be happy to read about your arrest

Search for this story before we put you behind bars.
https://www.legit.ng/people/1586282-man-breaks-silence-receiving-letter-uk-government-post-prime-minister/
See how dumb you are? Even from what you posted isn’t it clear Nigeria is on the path of a police state? In the case of the uk prime minister was the person arrested? He was only cautioned, imagine ooo the UK PRIME MINISTER.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by caracas: 7:14am On May 15
Lanretoye:
When u grant sirika,emefiele and may other criminal that commit offences against the whole country 100m bail and you grant someone that commit a common crime bail of 100m too.
Who told you the tiktokers committed a crime?

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Sccarrr: 7:31am On May 15
caracas:

See how dumb you are? Even from what you posted isn’t it clear Nigeria is on the path of a police state? In the case of the uk prime minister was the person arrested? He was only cautioned, imagine ooo the UK PRIME MINISTER.
shut up inferior being

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Demajor2022: 7:32am On May 15
That's good.
Let them prove their story.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Dreamland87: 7:36am On May 15
Curious345:
The judge appears biased
💯
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by gbengene1234(m): 7:37am On May 15
WorldRichest:
Good
Dem go hear am.

Make dem go and find 100 million Naira for bail first. Shey dem think say craze dey for their head ni? Ogun go soon kee dem Mama for prison

They are paying 10% of the 100m which is 10 million Naira
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Basic123: 7:44am On May 15
cjudy:
grin

Be like wetin they in vogue now be this.

Police no longer chase kidnappers and criminals. They’re now after tiktokers and Instagram baddies.

Misplaced priority
It's not a misplaced priority but extended role.

The fact that it makes news more doesn't make it a priority.

You people will just comment for "likes"!

Or are you one of thr social media stalkers and Delamere?

2 Likes

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by caracas: 7:47am On May 15
Sccarrr:
shut up inferior being
Lol
E pain you abi
You this born by mistake….
A condom would have saved the world of …….

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by MrUchenna1(m): 7:49am On May 15
Nigerian Police Force......time will tell
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by mkoabiola: 7:49am On May 15
Same judge that sent Bob risky to kirikiri

100 million bail...
Wicked judge
Tueh
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by virginchaser(m): 7:53am On May 15
Sometime, my friend saw a former political holder in a compromising way and took some snaps. Immediately, i requested to quickly use her phone for a call. Omo, i deleted the pictures before she cause wahala online. Many people don't think about consequences of their actions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by virginchaser(m): 7:56am On May 15
Lanretoye:

You made a relevant point but who will pass this to his / her lordship?
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Thugnificent(m): 7:58am On May 15
Very good
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Sccarrr: 7:58am On May 15
caracas:

Lol
E pain you abi
You this born by mistake….
A condom would have saved the world of …….
😹 yenyenyen...carry your inferiority complex comot for here goat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Sleekfingers: 8:01am On May 15
Maybe some people go get sense ..... Especially those useless children posting trash on social media.

They should also look into nairaland.....

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Johnthesuccess: 8:05am On May 15
Nahunger:
cheesy
This one police just dey arrest every body since last week, Hope all is well ??

Naa all if una go dey alright. Una say una no hear word abi,woke generation without the knowledge of the law of the land. Many young people will surely land in prison for cyberbullying and fake news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Dennisochampa: 8:05am On May 15
Maybe this will teach others a lesson to refrain from defamation, cyber stalking and bullying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by sucess001(m): 8:19am On May 15
DeepSight:

Don't be silly. Its an extremely negative and anti democratic trend. Defamation via libel or slander ordinarily belongs in the realm of civil, and not criminal law. This trend is gradually taking away years of progress made after the military. This should not be a police state where people are gagged.

I am sure you recall how someone was arrested for calling Aisha Buhari fat. Think about what you support today, because it is evolving into a monster you yourself will soon detest.

I agree. it's not even clear what the offense is. What's the meaning of audible sounds?

And the judge now made the bail conditions so stringent?

Abuse of state power

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Wickedlywicked: 8:20am On May 15
WorldRichest:

Go and start your own, we will be happy to read about your arrest

Search for this story before we put you behind bars.
https://www.legit.ng/people/1586282-man-breaks-silence-receiving-letter-uk-government-post-prime-minister/
Bro I thought you had a valid defence until you posted those pictures. You don’t even understand what you posted. The guy you quoted was trying to educate you about how things like this are treated in civilized societies and what you posted actually corroborated his point.
The headlines you posted clearly stated that the offenders were ISSUED WARNINGS and not arrested for insulting the PM.
Being warned and getting arrested/remanded/being asked to pay a 100 million Naira bail aren’t the same thing sir. Are you sure you understand the content at all?
Be mindful of what you support today just because it doesn’t affect you. I can remember someone getting arrested and detained by the DSS for saying the former First Lady was fat grin
Can you Imagine that level of impunity?
What’s the difference between you and those mumudient children of hate and perditions that you always condemn over their intolerance for divergent opinions . Political affiliation shouldn’t erode our commonsense and democracy. What is wrong is wrong irrespective of who is committing it.’

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Greattha: 8:22am On May 15
Please tell them.

Watch how they will cry foul when the monster catches up and begins to devour them.

N100M from a blood-relation.

Really

DeepSight:

Don't be silly. Its an extremely negative and anti democratic trend. Defamation via libel or slander ordinarily belongs in the realm of civil, and not criminal law. This trend is gradually taking away years of progress made after the military. This should not be a police state where people are gagged.

I am sure you recall how someone was arrested for calling Aisha Buhari fat. Think about what you support today, because it is evolving into a monster you yourself will soon detest.

1 Like

Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by whippersnapper(m): 8:22am On May 15
cjudy:
grin

Police no longer chase kidnappers and criminals. They’re now after tiktokers and Instagram baddies.

Misplaced priority
but bandits are also on TikTok flaunting ransom money. Aren’t they traceable
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Meti99(m): 8:36am On May 15
I will advice their families to open "Ajo (Daily contributions)" account and deposit 1,000naira daily......e no go tey to gather 100million complete...
Kindly, accept my pity
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Fuckyoumod: 8:41am On May 15
illicit:
Nice one

🥂
I don't care how you look at it, whether it calls for celebration or not.

The bail conditions below is harsh and inhumane.

"admitted each of the two Tiktokers to bail in the sum of N100 million, with two sureties in like sum. The judge also ordered that the sureties must be blood relations to the two defendants, who have paid three years tax, and with means of livelihood"
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Reality3080: 8:43am On May 15
cjudy:
grin

Misplaced priority
this is what I hate d most

One thing will happen n u people will start saying they should leave it n start following politicians, kidnappers n bandits

So if someone rape your wife they should leave it n face politicians?
So if someone kill your relatives they should leave it n face politicians?
So if someone loot your warehouse they should leave it n face bandits?

Then if we are to go by your submission then all security personnel should ignore those cases u call minor n leave d city so they can face the bandits in d bushes now?
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Reality3080: 8:46am On May 15
Fuckyoumod:
I don't care how you look at it, whether it calls for celebration or not.

The bail conditions below is harsh and inhumane.

"admitted each of the two Tiktokers to bail in the sum of N100 million, with two sureties in like sum. The judge also ordered that the sureties must be blood relations to the two defendants, who have paid three years tax, and with means of livelihood"
what u don’t understand is that this is just a subtle way of sentencing them to 5 years imprisonment

I can bet it will take forever to meet that bail condition

Next time they should have evidence before saying anything
Re: Police Arraign Two Tiktokers For Defaming Lagos Monarch, Oba Elegushi by Skyehigher1: 8:49am On May 15
Some of our judges are very bias why some of our politicians who stole our money in billions of naira why the judges don't grant hadi sirika and his daughter 100 billion naira

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fake Travel Agent Nabbed After Scamming 22 Students Of N1.2m / NDLEA Arrests Grandma, Son, Intercepts Tramadol Pills, Codeine Bottles / Army Uncovers 40 Wells Where Oil Thieves ‘Fetch’ Crude Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.