Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,523 members, 7,861,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:44 PM

Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters (655 Views)

Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva / The Reason Rev. Mathew Kukah Wants A "Soft Landing" For Jonathan? / PDP Screens Out Gov.Sylva In Bayelsa Governorship Elections - SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by Beaf: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
[size=14pt]Govs Bid to Secure Soft Landing for Sylva in Troubled Waters[/size]
22 Nov 2011

Governor Timipre Sylva

By Ahamefula Ogbu

What appears to be an option B for embattled Governor Timipre Sylva in getting a soft landing over the faceoff with the Peoples Democratic Party in Bayelsa State seems to be in troubled waters again as a parley organised by some influential governors to ensure damage control Tuesday failed to yield fruitful results.

A delegation of eight governors led by Chairman of the Governors Forum, Governor Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi met President Goodluck Jonathan behind closed doors for upwards of an hour at the First Lady’s wing of the Villa but came out with long faces and refused to disclose their mission and the outcome.

Sylva, who was the first to emerge from the inner recess of the office, tersely refused to respond to reporters’ questions and with smiles, referred them to Amaechi, who he said was the Chairman and authorised to speak for them.

"My Chairman (Amaechi) will speak to you. I think my chairman will tell you that (about Bayelsa). He is the only one authorized to talk to you. Chairman of the Governors' Forum will talk to you," Sylva parried.

When Amaechi was met by reporters, he appeared not too happy and claimed ignorance of the issue the newsmen approached him to comment on, stating that he was in the Vila to meet with the President on issues that bother Rivers State.

He stated that he was not under obligation to discuss what he went to see the President for over his State as he had the right to meet with the President, and insisted that he did not know about the issue on Bayelsa State he was being asked.

Reminded that he could not have come to discuss issues with the President that concern Rivers State with his other colleagues, he denied coming with them, insisting that they came to see the President individually and on their own problem.

Amaechi referred the newsmen to his Jigawa counterpart, Alhaji Sule Lamido for more answers which was an indication that they decided not to share the topic and outcome of the meeting but met briefly outside and conferred in groups and in low tunes.

Other Governors present at the parley were Jonah Jang  of Plateau State, Liyel Imoke of Cross River State,  Ahmed Abdulfatai of Kwara State, Saidu Dakingari of Kebbi  and Patrick Yakowa of Kaduna state.
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by Beaf: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2011
Sylva, who was the first to emerge from the inner recess of the office, tersely refused to respond to reporters’ questions and with smiles, referred them to Amaechi, who he said was the Chairman and authorised to speak for them.

"My Chairman (Amaechi) will speak to you. I think my chairman will tell you that (about Bayelsa). He is the only one authorized to talk to you. Chairman of the Governors' Forum will talk to you," Sylva parried.

When Amaechi was met by reporters, he appeared not too happy and claimed ignorance of the issue the newsmen approached him to comment on, stating that he was in the Vila to meet with the President on issues that bother Rivers State.

Lolz!

Rid the nation off corruption.
Tinubu next. cool
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by Kilode1: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2011
I Trust PDP to take care of its own, greatest party in Africa embarassed

Afterall, there is honour among thieves.
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by CyberG: 4:49am On Nov 23, 2011
Can Jonathan look any strong politician in the eye? I think not cos he's too mumu-dense!
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by 1025: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2011
jonathan thinks he is on top of the world without thinking about where saddam husien and gadahfi are now.
God will embarrass all of them one after the other.
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by mbulela: 8:32am On Nov 23, 2011
PDP will never abandon its own.
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 23, 2011
Thives don't abandon their fellow wounded thief, They would try every possible best to keep him in place, He myt be a senator soon, undecided
Re: Govs Bid To Secure Soft Landing For Sylva In Troubled Waters by Godmann(m): 9:00am On Nov 23, 2011
Beaf:

Lolz!

Rid the nation off corruption.
Tinubu next. cool
After Tinubu, Jonathan and Patience next.

And you Beaf will certainly follow; plus the hell that awaits you for mis-informing the people.

Goat is better than you!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In The Uk Extol Odumegwu-ojukwu / 15 Countries To Attend Maiden Chinua Achebe Annual Lectures / Nairalander Congrat To All! Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.