Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,760 members, 7,851,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:09 AM

Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach (13625 Views)

Dangote Eyes $30 Billion In Total Revenue From His Businesses By End Of 2024 / CBN Settles All FX Backlog As External Reserves Rise To $34.11 Billion / Food, Beverage Sector Loses 11,000 Jobs, 12 Firms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by Shikena(m): 6:38pm On May 16
Interestingly, Flutterwave is PCI-DSS Level 1 Certified. This certification ensures that they adhere to the highest standards of safety when processing card information. Additionally, they are ISO 27001 & 22301 certified, demonstrating a robust investment and engagement in information security management system.

While those factors don't necessarily mean you are immune to breaches as Microsoft, Apple, Meta, Twitter, Dropbox, Dell and even US government have experienced data breaches or cyberattacks in 2024 alone, Flutterwave may need to provide more details on this to assure their customers.

Omoawoke:
Investment in cybersecurity is paramount

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by onatisi(m): 6:39pm On May 16
aieromon:

https://techcabal.com/2024/05/16/exclusive-flutterwave-loses-₦11-billion-in-security-breach
This one Na inside job . Haba Na only dem all the time. definitely Na inside job

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by BrutusOj(m): 6:48pm On May 16
A lot of high profile frauds are happening in our financial sector. You see some guys balling and you wonder if you are that lazy or not smart enough. The fraud is massive, banks and financial organizations are all in the know of this crimes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by meobizy(f): 6:50pm On May 16
Wasn’t this company demystified for the yahoo boy scam it was?
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by Cmanforall: 7:05pm On May 16
omoadeleye:
Probably Flutterwave management are laundering money on a low-key

Not probably

You're smart

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by fkj950ax(m): 7:10pm On May 16
omoadeleye:
That’s my exact opinion in these matters.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by Yankee101: 7:16pm On May 16
Stop hiring and firing people indiscriminately
No one knows your system flaws like insiders
Your system architecture needs overhauling
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by eniola1010(m): 7:16pm On May 16
yesloaded:

You have no knowledge about what you are talking about

It's high time for court to grill flutterwave & let them speak the truth

pls explain like i am a dummy, how is the fund being laundered
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by BenuePolitician(m): 7:32pm On May 16
There was a time back Last year where one of my boys came crying to me how he had been lured into one of these crypto Ponzi schemes and he lost all his money overnight. I was deeply shaken and carried out several investigations only to discover that this Flutterwave and Wema bank were the Chief anchor payment medium for those thieves ultimately nothing could be done to recover the funds. Today this same Flutterwave is in the news safe to say Karma has come unannounced enjoy your pains embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by BenuePolitician(m): 7:33pm On May 16
There was a time back Last year where one of my boys came crying to me how he had been lured into one of these crypto Ponzi schemes and he lost all his money overnight. I was deeply shaken and carried out several investigations only to discover that this Flutterwave and Wema bank were the Chief anchor payment medium for those thieves ultimately nothing could be done to recover the funds. Today this same Flutterwave is in the news safe to say Karma has come unannounced enjoy it embarassed
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by Bintasukai: 7:36pm On May 16
lapazi:
Bad actors will always test your system

If you want to accuse Kanayo O Kanayo please do so with your full chest. Don’t come and be following corner. Cyber hacking is a serious crime.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by PHAYOL81: 7:51pm On May 16
Too bad but they should tighten up security even though, the culprit(s) would be arrested and the money recovered.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by PHAYOL81: 8:00pm On May 16
BenuePolitician:
There was a time back Last year where one of my boys came crying to me how he had been lured into one of these crypto Ponzi schemes and he lost all his money overnight. I was deeply shaken and carried out several investigations only to discover that this Flutterwave and Wema bank were the Chief anchor payment medium for those thieves ultimately nothing could be done to recover the funds. Today this same Flutterwave is in the news safe to say Karma has come unannounced enjoy it embarassed

Chief DSS, or what's your department at EFCC again? Oh! you could be the commissioner or the IGP. But this your lamba get grade sha, Mr Investigator. Are you in anyway related to our Anambra and current LP you-know-who?

Flutterwaves will overcome this, if you care to know. Security breaches can happen anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by DrinkWater10: 8:18pm On May 16
yesloaded:

I’m telling you , before another Patricia situation occurs and customers lose their money
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by SonofElElyonRet: 8:36pm On May 16
1 flutter wave has abysmally poor cyber security mechanisms...
2. Most likely many of the owners of the recipient bank accounts were unaware that the funds were illicit.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by cardoctor(m): 8:43pm On May 16
Chicken change
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by cunny88(m): 8:43pm On May 16
Shikena:
Interestingly, Flutterwave is PCI-DSS Level 1 Certified. This certification ensures that they adhere to the highest standards of safety when processing card information. Additionally, they are ISO 27001 & 22301 certified, demonstrating a robust investment and engagement in information security management system.

While those factors don't necessarily mean you are immune to breaches as Microsoft, Apple, Meta, Twitter, Dropbox, Dell and even US government have experienced data breaches or cyberattacks in 2024 alone, Flutterwave may need to provide more details on this to assure their customers.

Bro this is key cyber intelligence nuggets you are giving out for free.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by CapitalBank: 9:04pm On May 16
Omoawoke:
Investment in cybersecurity is paramount
I was just about to say the same thing.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by bigiyaro(m): 9:36pm On May 16
NoniblaqStore:
Flutterwave is the Nigerian version of coca-cola. No matter how try to bring them down, Dey go still find way survive and bounce back like nothing happened. If you are a man that wears shirts, see my thread now. I have something amazing for.
if they like they should not invest heavily in security, they will soon go very down like Nokia. Cokecola formula is even more secure than them.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by baralatie(m): 11:07pm On May 16
Una don start
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by Zeebuy: 7:45am On May 17
Sctests:
Insider job.

You sent N11 billion to 6,000 random bank accounts, you no see my own account? Wey my share?
Hahahahahaha
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by nathyx(m): 8:22am On May 17
PHAYOL81:

Chief DSS, or what's your department at EFCC again? Oh! you could be the commissioner or the IGP. But this your lamba get grade sha, Mr Investigator. Are you in anyway related to our Anambra and current LP you-know-who?

Flutterwaves will overcome this, if you care to know. Security breaches can happen anywhere.

This must be one of their agents. Flutterthieves
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by shomutuski(m): 8:44am On May 17
yesloaded:

Two truths can co-exist. both of una correct, that sham company is complicit in all of this wahala

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by BizTrust: 10:35am On May 17
They should query the managements , because inside job would be involved . They are just given themselves bad names , maybe they founder is ready to pack up and this is the only way or money laundering is playing out .

1 Like

Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by PHAYOL81: 10:37am On May 17
nathyx:

This must be one of their agents. Flutterthieves

Continue. Flutterwaves will always be on your everyday feed of increasingly successful firm, like or loathe them. Your useless propaganda ain't changing nothing. This breach is just a rough phase and surely, they'll sail out of the storm with bigger success stories than they ever had.
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by Judolisco(m): 10:48am On May 17
omoadeleye:
u have sense... Read about Enron USA scam
Re: Flutterwave Loses ₦11 Billion In Security Breach by nathyx(m): 12:06pm On May 17
PHAYOL81:

Continue. Flutterwaves will always be on your everyday feed of increasingly successful firm, like or loathe them. Your useless propaganda ain't changing nothing. This breach is just a rough phase and surely, they'll sail out of the storm with bigger success stories than they ever had.

So you think aiding and supporting schemes that defraud millions of innocent Nigerians of their hard earned money are signs of a successful company right?? You and this Flutterwave are the reason why poor many Nigerians can't use binance to trade their legit crypto because you (Flutterwave) have gone about sponsoring terrorism and illegal money laundering schemes all because you have the power and connection. Truth is that the hackers stole the money and distributed it to 6000 accounts for free should let you know that they did do it to gain a penny from it but to punish Flutterwave for their many wrong doings. Flutterwave should continue your illegal schemes the wheels of justice grind slow but ultimately grinds to a halt so no escape for the evil corrupt

(1) (2) (Reply)

Small Scale Paint Production / Travelex To Commence Sales Of Forex To Bdcs Today / Benefactor Of Benefactors: RATTAWU Honours Chief Kenneth Ifekudu With Man Of The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.