Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,097 members, 7,852,706 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards (7689 Views)

SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network / Don't Buy, Sell Pre-registered Sim Cards - Minister To Nigerians / Sale Of Pre-Registered SIM Cards Booms Despite Arrests And Fines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by kayzeesoft(m): 8:25am On May 17
xile:
Do they still pre-register lines. One NIN is entitled to 5 lines from one network only.
simple truth.
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by kayzeesoft(m): 8:26am On May 17
Godswillu:
We have not been able to track kidnappers using SIM to ask for ransom with phone call.
and you want Nigerian to believe there is danger using per registered sim.

what is even the benefits of registering one sim.
Simple truth
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by DaveHarry(m): 8:28am On May 17
what charges can be brought against someone who stole the sim card of another and claims to have lost it?
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by tfelicityk(m): 8:31am On May 17
Can we all for once get it right in this country and celebrate it?

If all the appointees are doing the needful and following the constitution religiously. It is will reduce compromise, corruption and other crime vices.

The NCC is a scam itself because some of the retired appointees are members of the board.
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Godswillu(m): 8:32am On May 17
gtassure:

You and the people that like your post are very dull and daft!
when you don't know what to say you abuse some one

instead of you to make your point or counter my point

now between me and you who is daft.
I know your next line will be to abuse again because you have no point and you are what you wrote

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by israelmao(m): 8:39am On May 17
Using pre-registered SIM could make you liable for another man's crimes.
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by iammolise(m): 9:04am On May 17
How do one know their newly bought SIM is pre-registered with all the dishonest telecom brand outlets out there. My Airtel SIM just stopped working, it not even having reception at all, as a matter of fact it a "No SIM" display on my phone screen, I can't afford the time yet to go to an Airtel outlet to seek for solution, for now I can't even place it whether the SIM has been blocked or it something else, I didn't receive any warning messages prior to disconnection whatsoever.
If one were to be sold a pre-registered line at least an honest revelation and a choice to buy or leave should be given, or better yet scrap all pre-registered lines once these lines have been dormant for a year and never to resell again.
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Joshuam1(m): 9:07am On May 17
Godswillu:
We have not been able to track kidnappers using SIM to ask for ransom with phone call.
and you want Nigerian to believe there is danger using per registered sim.

what is even the benefits of registering one sim.
They use satellite phones
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Joshuam1(m): 9:08am On May 17
I tried using my new glo sim to open a Gmail account, it keeps telling it has been used multiple times.
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by udemzyudex(m): 9:09am On May 17
Kobicove:
I pity the people who use their details to register a SIM card before selling it undecided

Naa, they don't use their details.

If you go to register a sim, you will drop all your information and when you leave, your information will be use to register so many other sim.
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by solacong: 9:10am On May 17
Olachase:
How do they have access to those Sims

Nigeria is a joke

The same Nigerians sold us out, anytime people go for sim, NIN registration, etc, they will use the same details to register their fraudulent sim cards and later sell them as instant sim cards at a higher price, but the bad boys can afford it
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Lilgabby(m): 9:12am On May 17
This foolish brainless government are only finding way to distract Nigerians so they can loot in peace. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Later now, them go make una dey line up dey give una deadline for this and that... Remember the time of NIN and BVN, everybody running ecter secitar. πŸ˜‚. Even with all this, how many high profile bandit or terrorist or their Yaya bello wey dey run up and down them use catch. Bleep Nigeria Government, they are here to suck everyone of you dry ... Milk out your resources and sell your birthright to any foreigners ready to pay them in dollars. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Dump Nigerians, only to dey rant up and down for social media and tribal bigots.. those rotten fish... That's all you do best. That's why this will keep going on. If una like, make uno no stand up fight. Everyone should go and watch 6 Underground. That's how Nigeria will be soon. We go Kon wait for the messiah. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by ikdaddy01(m): 9:35am On May 17
Then allow individuals to register multiple cards. Remove the Cap in the registration. Imagine if My uncle needs sim for his 2Wi-Fi, 4 cars, 3 phones, internet devices, then 3 for his kids too. .what does he do
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Blackdisciple(m): 9:55am On May 17
Have bandits registered their SIM cards
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Enemyofpeace: 10:14am On May 17
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by Gentlesoul2021(m): 10:26am On May 17
Kosiso12:

https://politicsnigeria.com/it-could-lead-to-imprisonment-ncc-warns-nigerians-against-using-pre-registered-sim-cards/

I once bought two SIMs that do not display my name when checked on true caller. I immediately discarded them. What in the name is this... The operator did captured my details with Nin but issued the opposite...

The last sim name was lucky isibor... How on earth will they swap people's detail.

This is criminality....
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by GEJDHERO: 12:28pm On May 17
obatreasure:
How do we know is preregistered? You went to mtn agent, they gave you new sim and they registered your name on it. Not knowing the number was preregistered.
I got one like that not until I begin to receive account statements, that is not mine, that I knew it was preregistered sim they sold to me. I had to break and throw it wawy
The number/sim was re allocated
Re: NCC Warns Nigerians Against Using Pre-Registered SIM Cards by ViceGovernor: 1:29pm On May 17
Please someone should help me clarify for a friend.
He registered his mtn sim and linked his nin to it, unfortunately his phone went missing about 3 years ago.
The problem now is that he tried to do a welcome back for tha missing number earlier this year when they put his nin in their system they discovered something which seemed impossible.

The line has been sold to another customer and that customer tried to link his own nin to it, unfortunately my friend’s nin was suspended by NIMC for trying to link a new nin to the mtn phone number.

So my question is this; since that number is linked to his bank accounts and various gmail addresses, school documents and many other things, is there any chance that he can get the sim back.
The mtn people clearly showed him his name as the first owner of the sim in their office. But they are saying they cannot do a welcome back for him without the new owners consent which is total nonsense.

Another problem is that NIMC office are telling him to bring 20k to lift the suspension on his nin (he can’t link it to any SIM card at this point).
That doesn’t feel right since he has explained to them and showed them evidence that his nin was blocked because mtn sold it unlawfully to another person who in turn tried to link it to his own nin and that is why it was suspended.
Clearly he had no fault in the whole thing except for misplacing his sim.
I also understand that once a sim has been connected to one nin it cannot accept another unless the former nin has been removed by the person who linked it.

Please any experts in the house what can he do in this situation πŸ™πŸ½

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel Connection / Best 8GB RAM Phones and their Price in Nigeria / Help! Can't Transfer Credit On Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.