Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,806 members, 7,848,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs (595 Views)

T.B Joshua Saga: Wiseman Daniel Speaks About How Trouble Started In Synagogue / Leke Adeboye Speaks About First Fruit, Daddy Freeze And His Followers React / Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 3:29pm On May 19
paxonel:
it is personal conviction and should not be done in compulsion.
And moreover, having faith is simple when you were brought up with the faith from childhood.
For instance, if you were brought up as a child in a Christian home there is every assurance that you will end up being a Christian.
Same with other religions
it's simple as that
No doubt, they all have faith.
They are all Christians.
But Christians with variation of understanding one book.

The truth is, the book itself does not depend on anyone.
It came with it own teachings which everyone have to follow.
you are not getting it
Heaven or Faith, the are the same thing.

That's why i brought out that scripture Matthew 4:17 to know whether you understand.

Heaven, Faith, The kingdom, whatever you want to call it, they are all the same thing.

And i told you that it does not require full understanding of the bible to have faith.
Therefore it does not require full understanding of the bible to make heaven.
It doesn't matter what denomination you belong, whether they teach ignorantly or not, so long you are in the faith you are already in heaven.
But if you are not in the faith you are doomed
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
You still manage to shoot yourself in the foot time after time.
So basically what u r saying is anyone born as a Muslim remains Muslim. U stick with the faith u r raised with since you don't need evidence to believe anything. Blind faith is enough.
So its okay to continue in whatever religion my parents give me. So if u believe that diction, then u don't believe in people converting from one religion to another, since they have to keep up the faith they were raised in.
By the way I was raised in a Christian home. Pentecostal to be precise. Became a good Christian. Grew up and realized religion is all about faith. No evidence. None at all. And that is the problem. With faith u can believe anything. And I mean anything. Christians believe they can heal the sick and raise the dead. Muslims believe they got virgins lined up in the afterlife after they blow themselves into oblivion. All with no shred of evidence. That's where my deconversion started. I deal in evidence now, unfortunately
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 3:44pm On May 19
[quote author=Ken4Christ post=130032300][/quote]
There was nothing to debunk about the resurrection . Its just like debunking the existence of leprechauns or unicorns. U have to bring evidence they existed first. He who alleges must provide evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You claimed a man resurrected, then show us evidence. Don't tell me I have to debunk your claim of resurrection when u haven't even provided evidence he resurrected.
I'm sorry, modern historians use BCE and not AD. BCE means Before the Common Era. AD was coined because the previous historians were christians and wanted a landmark(no matter how nebulous it was) to use.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 3:46pm On May 19
paxonel:
you can see that it is not all Christians that do this.
Only some ignorant folks do this cheesy

Yet, the same bible, the same religion.

A knowledgeable Christian will defined his religion anyday, anytime without resorting to attacks.

Attacks are signs of weakness, ignorance, lacking what to say when questions arrives
Well, u r a rare kind of Christian. At least u try to debate a bit and not resort to insults or attacks unlike mor.ons like Dtruthspeaker etc
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 3:46pm On May 19
StillDtruth:

Who is scaring you, when clearly you have more than enough of it? You are not worth it.

Ok
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 3:48pm On May 19
StillDtruth:

All movies and fabrications! No evidence.
Lol. U r really a work of art. Anyway I have told you to seek psychiatric review. It would help you
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by Ken4Christ: 7:54pm On May 19
jaephoenix:

There was nothing to debunk about the resurrection . Its just like debunking the existence of leprechauns or unicorns. U have to bring evidence they existed first. He who alleges must provide evidence. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You claimed a man resurrected, then show us evidence. Don't tell me I have to debunk your claim of resurrection when u haven't even provided evidence he resurrected.
I'm sorry, modern historians use BCE and not AD. BCE means Before the Common Era. AD was coined because the previous historians were christians and wanted a landmark(no matter how nebulous it was) to use.

Which school did you attend? You don't have to be a lawyer to know that the evidences of two or more people are admissible in a court of competent jurisdiction.

The Bible contains evidences of eye witnesses. And their witnesses agree. And no one has come up with a contrary evidence on through these years except that of Quran which evidence has no basis.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 8:20pm On May 19
Ken4Christ:

Which school did you attend? You don't have to be a lawyer to know that the evidences of two or more people are admissible in a court of competent jurisdiction.

The Bible contains evidences of eye witnesses. And their witnesses agree. And no one has come up with a contrary evidence on through these years except that of Quran which evidence has no basis.
1. What has my school got to do with this?
Anyway, the problem with the bible is that the eye witnesses were by unknown folks. Nobody knows anyone called Mark, Luke, John, Matthew etc. Also those stories were written centuries after they supposedly happened. In fact your own Bible scholars believe those names were pseudonyms. Basically John Does.
So yes, the tesitmonies of unknown folks won't stand up in court
2. The stories in the Bible has been debunked. I have raised threads about them. Example Egypt never held Israel as slaves, there was no time the sun stood still, no time people mass resurrected etc. None of these happened in history.
3. And what do you mean by the evidence of the Quran 'has no basis'?
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by paxonel(m): 8:21pm On May 19
jaephoenix:

You still manage to shoot yourself in the foot time after time.
So basically what u r saying is anyone born as a Muslim remains Muslim. U stick with the faith u r raised with since you don't need evidence to believe anything. Blind faith is enough.
So its okay to continue in whatever religion my parents give me. So if u believe that diction, then u don't believe in people converting from one religion to another, since they have to keep up the faith they were raised in.
By the way I was raised in a Christian home. Pentecostal to be precise. Became a good Christian. Grew up and realized religion is all about faith. No evidence. None at all. And that is the problem. With faith u can believe anything. And I mean anything. Christians believe they can heal the sick and raise the dead. Muslims believe they got virgins lined up in the afterlife after they blow themselves into oblivion. All with no shred of evidence. That's where my deconversion started. I deal in evidence now, unfortunately
Evidences are boldly written in the bible.
If you had interest to search for it may be you would have been convinced by now.
But how will you start searching a book you don't believe in the first place?
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 9:28pm On May 19
paxonel:

Evidences are boldly written in the bible.
If you had interest to search for it may be you would have been convinced by now.
But how will you start searching a book you don't believe in the first place?
If u call the Bible stories as evidences, would you call the stories in the Quran, Vedas and other holy books evidence? Yes or no? And give reasons
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by paxonel(m): 5:38am On May 20
jaephoenix:

If u call the Bible stories as evidences, would you call the stories in the Quran, Vedas and other holy books evidence? Yes or no? And give reasons
Yes!

Because, the bible mentioned the roles of these religions a long time ago, and that is what they are currently doing.

Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

So both the bible and the books of other religions testify to the existence of a supreme God.

But apart from that, there is something fascinating in the bible which you must see, if you really have the interest to do so.

But if you don't have the interest, no problem. cheesy
Because i must also respect your position as an atheist just as i do to adherents of every other religions that i interact with
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 8:11am On May 20
paxonel:

Yes!

Because, the bible mentioned the roles of these religions a long time ago, and that is what they are currently doing.

Revelation 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

So both the bible and the books of other religions testify to the existence of a supreme God.

But apart from that, there is something fascinating in the bible which you must see, if you really have the interest to do so.

But if you don't have the interest, no problem. cheesy
Because i must also respect your position as an atheist just as i do to adherents of every other religions that i interact with
1. Where did the bible mention the roles of those other religions?
2. Sorry, the Hindus, Muslims, Christians etc don't worship the same god. Please don't tell Muslim or Christian extremists this, u might lose your head. They are different gods. U decided to make name your own god with a capital G. Doesn't make it unique for others
3. So what is unique about a contradictory, lie-infested book like the bible?
4. If u deem a book valid cos the same book as so, then u r a funny man
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by Ken4Christ: 9:22pm On May 20
But John was one of the disciples of Jesus. So, he is an eye witness.

If you don't believe their testimonies, why would you believe that of Muhammad who was born nearly 600 years later?

Besides, your quran authenticate the Bible especially the Old Testament and the Gospel.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by Ken4Christ: 9:27pm On May 20
jaephoenix:

1. What has my school got to do with this?
Anyway, the problem with the bible is that the eye witnesses were by unknown folks. Nobody knows anyone called Mark, Luke, John, Matthew etc. Also those stories were written centuries after they supposedly happened. In fact your own Bible scholars believe those names were pseudonyms. Basically John Does.
So yes, the tesitmonies of unknown folks won't stand up in court
2. The stories in the Bible has been debunked. I have raised threads about them. Example Egypt never held Israel as slaves, there was no time the sun stood still, no time people mass resurrected etc. None of these happened in history.
3. And what do you mean by the evidence of the Quran 'has no basis'?

If you don't believe their testimonies, why would you believe that of Muhammad who was born nearly 600 years later?

Besides, your quran authenticate the Bible especially the Old Testament and the Gospel.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 6:32am On May 21
Ken4Christ:

I'm an atheist. So obviously I don't believe any of those folks u listed
Even Bible scholars would tell you the authors of the Bible are anonymous and that the Bible was from the Dead Sea scrolls which was arranged at the Nicean Council where they decided to pick and chose which books favor them.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by Ken4Christ: 2:04pm On May 21
jaephoenix:

I'm an atheist. So obviously I don't believe any of those folks u listed
Even Bible scholars would tell you the authors of the Bible are anonymous and that the Bible was from the Dead Sea scrolls which was arranged at the Nicean Council where they decided to pick and chose which books favor them.

OK. I see. You have invariably fallen into the category of fools. The Bible says that it's only a fool that says that there is no God.

So, the precise rotation and revolution of the planets in our solar system is an accident?

The different organs of the body that functions with precise principles is an accident?

Even a mad man has better hope than you.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 3:53pm On May 21
Ken4Christ:

OK. I see. You have invariably fallen into the category of fools. The Bible says that it's only a fool that says that there is no God.

So, the precise rotation and revolution of the planets in our solar system is an accident?

The different organs of the body that functions with precise principles is an accident?

Even a mad man has better hope than you.
You know, ignorance is truly bliss.
Back in the ancient days, they didn't know what caused reproduction, lightning, floods or volcanic eruptions, so they attributed it to gods. Fast forward to centuries later, we all know how all those happen. Right now in 2024 where knowledge is ubiquitous, ignorant folks like you still believe gods 'did it'.
The Earth rotates (or spins) because it has intrinsic angular momentum, inherited from the Solar nebula from which it formed. It orbits the Sun, because it has angular momentum with respect to it, also gained from the primordial nebula. In case u don't know what Angular Momentum, it is the property of a rotating body given by the product of the moment of inertia and the angular velocity of the rotating object.
The organs in the body are composed of cells which are powered by ATP, and their actions are encoded in their nuclear DNA. In fact, these functions can easily go haywire due to poorly coded DNA leading to such diseases like autoimmune disease and cancers. If you assume they are all caused by a god then u insinuate that god is a bumbling idiot who messes up stuff.
I think you need to ask for a reimbursement of your school fees. Your education was a monumental waste of resource
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by StillDtruth: 1:08pm On May 22
jaephoenix:

Lol. U r really a work of art. Anyway I have told you to seek psychiatric review. It would help you

See, you have no evidence!
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by Ken4Christ: 5:38pm On May 23
jaephoenix:

You know, ignorance is truly bliss.
Back in the ancient days, they didn't know what caused reproduction, lightning, floods or volcanic eruptions, so they attributed it to gods. Fast forward to centuries later, we all know how all those happen. Right now in 2024 where knowledge is ubiquitous, ignorant folks like you still believe gods 'did it'.
The Earth rotates (or spins) because it has intrinsic angular momentum, inherited from the Solar nebula from which it formed. It orbits the Sun, because it has angular momentum with respect to it, also gained from the primordial nebula. In case u don't know what Angular Momentum, it is the property of a rotating body given by the product of the moment of inertia and the angular velocity of the rotating object.
The organs in the body are composed of cells which are powered by ATP, and their actions are encoded in their nuclear DNA. In fact, these functions can easily go haywire due to poorly coded DNA leading to such diseases like autoimmune disease and cancers. If you assume they are all caused by a god then u insinuate that god is a bumbling idiot who messes up stuff.
I think you need to ask for a reimbursement of your school fees. Your education was a monumental waste of resource

Enjoy your folly while it last. You brain will reset when you land in hell. But it will be too late to repent.
Re: What The Bible Speaks About Dinosaurs by jaephoenix(m): 9:13am On May 24
Ken4Christ:

Enjoy your folly while it last. You brain will reset when you land in hell. But it will be too late to repent.
Ok bro. I'm enjoying it to the fullest. Do have a great and wonderful day filled with the spirit

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Good Read. / Witches And Destiny / Rhasody Of Reality!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.