Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,844 members, 7,862,765 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market (25915 Views)

I Bought This Phone 30500 / Will Like To Swap My Recently Bought Nokia 5.3 For Samsung / What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by israelmao(m): 8:48am On May 18
Lodge complaint to Consumers Protection Council with proofs.

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Bullfallo(m): 8:48am On May 18
Too many fake goods in the market. Electronic is worst

4 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by bomsilaga(m): 8:52am On May 18
Flana:
When it comes to purchasing a new phone, we expect it to fulfill all the functions promised in the box. However, a recent encounter with a phone seller left me frustrated and disillusioned. I had been eyeing the Nokia 6300, a classic model known for its durability and simplicity, perfect for those who prefer a reliable phone without all the bells and whistles of modern smartphones.

So, I went to the market and stumbled upon a seller selling the Nokia 6300 at Wuze Market, old Bannex Plaza. Excitedly, I made the purchase, eager to experience the nostalgia of using a beloved classic.

However, my excitement quickly turned into disappointment when I realized that the phone I had received was not what I expected. Despite the box claiming that it was a 4G phone with WhatsApp functionality and Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, the phone I received lacked these essential features, including the absence of Kai OS.

Feeling cheated and frustrated, I reached out to the seller, only to be met with excuses and denials. It became apparent that I had fallen victim to a scam—a counterfeit Nokia 6300 sold under false pretenses.

Reflecting on this experience, I realized the importance of being vigilant when making purchases, especially when it comes to mobile phones, at Bannex Plaza, either from the shop or along the road. Here are a few lessons I learned that I hope can help others avoid similar pitfalls:

Verify the Features: Before making any purchase, especially of mobile phones, always verify that the product you are buying has all the features you expect. In the case of the Nokia 6300, ensure that it is indeed a 4G phone with WhatsApp functionality, Wi-Fi, and hotspot capabilities. Please take all the time needed to verify those.

Check Before Paying: Don’t be afraid to inspect the product thoroughly before making a payment. Test the functions, ask questions, and ensure everything matches what was promised.

Ask Questions:If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Ask the seller plenty of questions to clarify any doubts you may have about the product.

In conclusion, the seller refused to change it or refund my money. A lot of us love to see change in this country, but no one is ready to do the right thing.

Next time, unbox and place the phone in your pocket before you pay. DO NOT place it back in the box

4 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by unite4real: 8:54am On May 18
There is nothing like wuse market in old banex plaza. Your story is fiction.
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by adisabarber(m): 8:56am On May 18
Flana:
When it comes to purchasing a new phone, we expect it to fulfill all the functions promised in the box. However, a recent encounter with a phone seller left me frustrated and disillusioned. I had been eyeing the Nokia 6300, a classic model known for its durability and simplicity, perfect for those who prefer a reliable phone without all the bells and whistles of modern smartphones.

So, I went to the market and stumbled upon a seller selling the Nokia 6300 at Wuze Market, old Bannex Plaza. Excitedly, I made the purchase, eager to experience the nostalgia of using a beloved classic.

However, my excitement quickly turned into disappointment when I realized that the phone I had received was not what I expected. Despite the box claiming that it was a 4G phone with WhatsApp functionality and Wi-Fi hotspot capabilities, the phone I received lacked these essential features, including the absence of Kai OS.

Feeling cheated and frustrated, I reached out to the seller, only to be met with excuses and denials. It became apparent that I had fallen victim to a scam—a counterfeit Nokia 6300 sold under false pretenses.

Reflecting on this experience, I realized the importance of being vigilant when making purchases, especially when it comes to mobile phones, at Bannex Plaza, either from the shop or along the road. Here are a few lessons I learned that I hope can help others avoid similar pitfalls:

Verify the Features: Before making any purchase, especially of mobile phones, always verify that the product you are buying has all the features you expect. In the case of the Nokia 6300, ensure that it is indeed a 4G phone with WhatsApp functionality, Wi-Fi, and hotspot capabilities. Please take all the time needed to verify those.

Check Before Paying: Don’t be afraid to inspect the product thoroughly before making a payment. Test the functions, ask questions, and ensure everything matches what was promised.

Ask Questions:If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Ask the seller plenty of questions to clarify any doubts you may have about the product.

In conclusion, the seller refused to change it or refund my money. A lot of us love to see change in this country, but no one is ready to do the right thing.

How Nokia tonasobe go get 4g and whatsapp?

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by ttobizz(m): 8:58am On May 18
adamma24:
Op...your headline is wrong because you did not verify the good on site before paying or leaving...you are to blame...biko change the heading its misleading

Wuse market and Banex are two different locations in Abuja

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by GloriousGbola: 9:04am On May 18
Flana:

Buy from slot or recognized outlets that have a reputation to protect, not from corner corner hustlers.

This is even more important when you are buying the phone brand new

How much is the Nokia 6300 and what did you think you would save by buying it from a road side seller vs slot? 1 to 2k max. It may even be cheaper.

Na you do yourself.

You will never be able to check all the features and the seller will be hurrying you because he knows there is a window within which you must buy the phone

Edit accordingly to other posters you are just a karma farmer who has made up a story for your rubbish blog

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by membranus: 9:12am On May 18
ttobizz:

He said "old Banex".
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:16am On May 18
adamma24:
Op...your headline is wrong because you did not verify the good on site before paying or leaving...you are to blame...biko change the heading its misleading

Corruption always fights back cheesy

I think he’s advising and the need to do extra due diligence.
If I walk into a shop to buy an iPhone 11 Pro and end up being sold an iPhone 11 instead, only to later realize the mistake, shouldn't I seek redress?

2 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by bamitinn(m): 9:19am On May 18
It’s an upgrade to all this Nokia it even has WhatsApp
adisabarber:

How Nokia tonasobe go get 4g and whatsapp?
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by ikdaddy01(m): 9:19am On May 18
You expect this button to have all these features. You dod not state how much you bought the phone so we can go after the entire market
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by ikdaddy01(m): 9:21am On May 18
ttobizz:

I surprise seif.
I even wonder how he ll buy 1 phone in 2 markets

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by adamma24: 9:23am On May 18
iLoveYouToo:

Corruption always fights back cheesy

I think he’s advising and the need to do extra due diligence.
If I walk into a shop to buy an iPhone 11 Pro and end up being sold an iPhone 11 instead, only to later realize the mistake, shouldn't I seek redress?

He has changed the headline...unlike yesterday when he first made the post...saying the phone (make) is a scam...whereas he was the one who fell easily for the scam with doing due diligence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by alobright17(m): 9:24am On May 18
Flana:

So how did you buy it ?
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Abeycityng(m): 9:25am On May 18
Am presently using the same phone but mine doesn't use WhatsApp too and nothing like 4G infact the internet can't be manually configured until your network provider send you SETTINGS before you can have access to Internet... Although have been enjoying mine since the browser is free that's it
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Ofunaofu: 9:25am On May 18
Godswillu:
In Nigeria market trust no one
even if he is a pastor or an emman

My Boss used to say, "if you introduce yourself to me as a pastor, I become more careful in my dealings with you"
grin grin

8 Likes

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Mathain19(m): 9:29am On May 18
Interesting
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by AkhereOkaka(m): 9:31am On May 18
Flana:

God bless you for this information, thought of coming up with a write up about Banex plaza. Was there on Thursday last week when I purchased Samsung A35, the guys there almost Robed me of my purse(wallet) if not the Eagle eye of my wife. Coupled she was born and raised in Lagos. Had I known would've being my name cause all my documents Atm where inside .the lady brought out the phone i told her i need to switch on and confirm the functions of the phone she is a dummy i need to pay before she would bring out the real one from the store for me to confirm functionality. I left her to buy in another shop. But always avoid those road side guys

We rise by lifting others
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by aikyg(m): 9:46am On May 18
Our problem in Nigeria is that we prefer self help instead of reporting to the police and getting a lawyer. Since you have the pack and the phone, all you need to do the moment the man refuses to change the phone is to report him to the police and then follow it up with a letter from a lawyer. He'll be the one begging you to come and collect your money. You were clearly cheated by the phone seller and he did that because he thought he could get away with it. Just use him as an example!

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Joy2dworldxyz: 10:00am On May 18
Flana:

How much is the phone, will like to have one?
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by icankel: 10:12am On May 18
Fake products everywhere. That's how I bought blender 4days ago that nearly set my house ablaze. I have taken it back to them and they promised to either repair it or change it for me

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Sikiru3011: 10:15am On May 18
Guy try to get fccpc number online i sure say you go get your money back even if you want compensation.
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by boldx(m): 10:17am On May 18
Flana:

Reach out to FCCPC Abuja. Go online, submit your complaint. It will get a response and your case will be treated justly. Kindly keep the purchase receipt
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Anunakeeh: 10:21am On May 18
Godswillu:
In Nigeria market trust no one
even if he is a pastor or an emman
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Dpharisee: 10:28am On May 18
ozo13:
Op howfar the price.did u buy it less than it original value.that is another thing to consider
He is lying, first of all he didn’t buy that phone from Banex Plaza, he actually bought it from Wuse Market as he said and Wuse market is known for selling Cloned phones including iPhone at very low prizes.

Banex Plaza is well organised and you can report to the management if you feel cheated and you bought a phone from any of its shop and not roadside hawkers

1 Like

Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by motionarena: 10:30am On May 18
CountinBlessins:
Go to school Una no go gre. Kai is os dead .

It's a dead os so even if you got the original why I earth would your waste your money ?

Did little research and it seems the OS is still active
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by CountinBlessins(m): 10:44am On May 18
motionarena:

Did little research and it seems the OS is still active

It is a dead OS. Windows XP still connects to the Internet doesn't make it a viable os. angry

The fact I even have to explain this to you is so ....
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Dpharisee: 11:00am On May 18
unite4real:
There is nothing like wuse market in old banex plaza. Your story is fiction.
He is a bloody liar, he bought that phone from sellers in Wuse market which most people in Abuja already knows is cloned. he brought Banex Plaza into the narrative after saying Wuse Market to make us think he is a big boy, he didn't buy it from Banex Plaza. because people here will go to that shop or Banex where you have major dealers to ask why.

If you want a high end phone model and you can't afford the money you go to Wuse market and you can buy 'iPhone 15' for N50k. it looks every inch like iPhone 15 but only you know what you are holding.
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by Ikpongiton: 11:01am On May 18
Charmingrascal:
When you go anywhere they sell gadgets in Nigeria and they see that you don't know much about what you want, there is 80% probability that you will be cheated or scammed.

Go to computer village in Lagos
Go to GSM village or Banex in Abuja
Go to terminus market in Jos
Go to farm village in Kano
Go to Challenge in Ilorin
Go to Garrison tech cluster in PH
Go to GSM village Aba.
Just to mention a few

Anywhere you see those so called tech boys they are always cheating unsuspecting and non tech savvy customers.
Carry your phone say u wan sell Dem go price your phone and downgrade it even you wey wan sell phone go dey cry for your phone, but try and price same phone from them they will so hype it and call a very huge price.

Next time go with someone who knows about phone or a military personnel
you are truly a rascal, you almost know every dangerous places in naija
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by 12345baba(m): 11:01am On May 18
How wuse market take dey for old banex plaza? They are two different places this mofo is a bloody liar
Re: What Happened After I Bought Nokia 6300 At Wuse Market by 11doubledee: 11:05am On May 18
CountinBlessins:
Go to school Una no go gre. Kai is os dead .

It's a dead os so even if you got the original why I earth would your waste your money ?
So person wey type all that grammar up 👆 there no go school to you?
He Probably got swindled for some other reasons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Play And Download Youtube Videos Using BIS / How To Play PSP Games On Your Android Device / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.