Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,135 members, 7,863,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures (11630 Views)

Lagosians To Obtain Licence To Drill Borehole From 2020 / Do You Need an Architect for your building designs, Renovations, Interiors / Post Construction Audit Of All Existing Structures In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Jokerman(m): 12:01pm On May 18
Lagos government always looking for ways to get money from people.... 😂😂😂😂

So if I want to tile my 2 bedroom apartment, I need to inform LASSPA??

I think LASSPA and LASBCA and LSMTL should be for new construction or rebuilding of old structures, looking at beams, pillars, load carrying capacity etc... not all these tiles, plastering etc

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Focusmind: 12:02pm On May 18
Make una relax!!!! The enforcement won't be that strong on ordinary people's properties. They will be targeting corporate buildings, commercial and highbrow areas renovations. Not one low budget renovation in mushin or ikorodu.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:02pm On May 18
Lagos State government has to list out the permits necessary for building and WHICH OFFICES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEM

There are a lot of scammers in that their office, who walk around asking for several permits from builders, collecting bribes and allowing them cut corners... They need to start punishing people in that building office

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by descarado: 12:04pm On May 18
Tap0lane:
How is this news or maybe it is to anyone that as never built or renovated a house in Lagos before. I knew this over 5 years ago.

So,who you epp by knowing since 5 yrs ago?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by BadBradley: 12:07pm On May 18
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/05/18/lagos-law-builders-must-obtain-permits-for-all-renovations-to-existing-structures-including-replacing-floor-tiles/
canothwr extortionist policy. So to replaster or place tiles on my floor, I need government approval?

Not even a military regime will be this criminal
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by mastermaestro(m): 12:08pm On May 18
One day, Lagos will be free. sad
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by jaxxy(m): 12:18pm On May 18
This is just another tax drive. How does Changing the roof of a building and require a permit?

There is already a permit for when u are Changing the physical structure or no of floors or a building which is critical so which one is for renovation again unless u mean major renovations?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Moneyboyz: 12:22pm On May 18

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Josephkabila12: 12:23pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:
So if I wan change bulb or fixing plumbing problems in my house, I should obtain permit first. Clowns!!!! Na only Mumu dey invest for that glorified slum with the way things are playing there currently. Everybody should think home.
you stvpid ibo beggers are just too daft and wretched from barren southeast. Who stops you ibos from leaving Lagos State with the polythene bag you came with and relocate to ur barren southeast ibo

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Bluntemperor: 12:23pm On May 18
Lawalemi:
Another Lagos tax don come

This is NO for permit on this issue of buildings.
So, even for small bricklaying in your house,you need the- State permit!
What your so called Experts are doing,by pushing this to the forefront is that Bricklayers, Iron Benders,even Cement Suppliers will need permissions while you are Indirectly Creating Jobs,for your own preferred Agencies- Workers,who are just morribond,to come and do the Work, even more expensive than the local Workers!
Hope Stealing, Robbery,etc,will not increase with this New Permit Policy in Lagos State!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Omeggie1(f): 12:27pm On May 18
Hello everyone,

Workplace Bullying is a serious concern in the labour sector. A lot of employees in Nigeria do not even know how to identify this phenomenon.

A research is ongoing in this regard, kindly assist to fill this questionnaire so as to identify the ingredients of workplace Bullying and how it affects your mental health.

https://forms.gle/JRnewHtkssHHpJ8S6

Thank you.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by ajimo54(m): 12:33pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:
So if I wan change bulb or fixing plumbing problems in my house, I should obtain permit first. Clowns!!!! Na only Mumu dey invest for that glorified slum with the way things are playing there currently. Everybody should think home.

Na you be mumu! If u go outside Nigeria, u will know that Nigerians are not normal! You want good governance but not prepared to pay the due of good governance!
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by harsysky(m): 12:36pm On May 18

God bless Tinubu for favoring some parts of the country

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by MaziObinnaokija: 12:37pm On May 18
grin waste of time.Tenants go carry the burden. I pay land use charge.This and that charge..U expect me to pamper my tenants? Sanwo should think twice..All these LASEPA, lasem, lasema coming to inspect what exactly? Those hungry ones with Green jackets will expect u to entertain them grin.To obtain Permit,nah up to 6M.One landlord don abandon his property project cos of this unfriendly amount..Make we see who ho CRY sha
TylerPerry:
Expand the TAX BRACKET.....all these will bring down the house rent with moderate fees like that of roasted corn.....Nice one. Lagos leads, others follow
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Haaland21: 12:42pm On May 18
kalvoken:
grin grin grin

Hope yoruba ronus are exempted sha.

APC means business, until the people are drained off their blood, apc will never rest.

Bad government only favor the little few at the top, but poverty, illiteracy and tribalism wouldn't allow you guys to seem

We all reap the fruit together.

What is the business of alaigbo people with what happens in Lagos?
Face your region, and develop it.
Stop being a nuisance all over the world because of your quest for illegal money.
Busy body
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by idahme(m): 12:45pm On May 18
LexngtonSteele:
grin

" Lagos is no man's land" they said.

Until Tinubu started dishing them free hometraining.

Now, they shout to UN, FIFA, UPS, FGGC and MI5 grin

They foolishly allowed their hate to crown 👑 Tinubu indirectly.

He will rule for 8 years and they can only but cry grin

Bigot how are you? grin borrow sense small na, abi the person wey thief don die?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Orch1981: 12:50pm On May 18
Haaland21:

What is the business of alaigbo people with what happens in Lagos?
Face your region, and develop it.
Stop being a nuisance all over the world because of your quest for illegal money.
Busy body
Idiot na you develop Lagos them go soon deport you to your backward osun state
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by DJInfluence: 12:50pm On May 18
Simply put, a new means for collecting revenue from people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by tballeyy(m): 1:01pm On May 18
If na sin to voted APC
God forgive us
Rescue us from these beast
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by faceland: 1:07pm On May 18
What is renovation and what is maintenance?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Taiwoabbey147: 1:12pm On May 18
Why are someone people crying because of this?In a civilized society that is how it is done.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Love800(m): 1:13pm On May 18
Does it actually happen?
Tap0lane:
How is this news or maybe it is to anyone that as never built or renovated a house in Lagos before. I knew this over 5 years ago.

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Kingson28: 1:16pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:

Glorified slum your people are trooping to just to sell gala and steal like Evans to become billionaires from the region of the rising scammers.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by 1000Capacity: 1:17pm On May 18
Omeggie1:
Hello everyone,

Workplace Bullying is a serious concern in the labour sector. A lot of employees in Nigeria do not even know how to identify this phenomenon.

A research is ongoing in this regard, kindly assist to fill this questionnaire so as to identify the ingredients of workplace Bullying and how it affects your mental health.

https://forms.gle/JRnewHtkssHHpJ8S6

Thank you.

Done
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by michoim(m): 1:18pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:
You can say that again...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by theredaddy: 1:30pm On May 18
kalvoken:
Lagos why now?

This will only push people into selling off thier father's house the more. People that are not really capable of renovating before, this policy will further their zeal to sell.

Tomorrow, no one should complain that some certain people are chasing them off their land with money.

Dey there dey fool unaselves, no be una family land for village una dey sell enter night bus come Lagos

because people hardly come to una region, no see finish that why its always easy to brag nonsense online

1 Like

Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by chopnaira: 1:32pm On May 18
Alexlalax1:
Structural not non structural.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by chopnaira: 1:33pm On May 18
kalvoken:
Lagos why now?

This will only push people into selling off thier father's house the more. People that are not really capable of renovating before, this policy will further their zeal to sell.

Tomorrow, no one should complain that some certain people are chasing them off their land with money.
Are you not ashamed of your own barren and unfruitful region?
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by chopnaira: 1:36pm On May 18
lwisee:
This is crazy
Making it extremely difficult for people who plan to settle down in Lagos.
We will not vote APC in Lagos state again.
Enough of this nonsense.

So if a trailer hit a part of my building, I must get a permit before I fix it.
Why settle in Lagos..what happened to settling down elsewhere? There are 35 other states in the federation. You are at liberty to move to any of them.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by saahgroups: 1:37pm On May 18
Though I agree that things are very hard in the country at the moment but the planning and renovation permit is done almost every where in the world.
Like in UK and some EU countries..if you want to change your roof, window, external doors 🚪..even sometimes they as for existing and proposed architectural drawings, just for changing the type of building components. But you can do renovation inside the house without necessarily getting a permit.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by chopnaira: 1:38pm On May 18
Josephkabila12:
you stvpid ibo beggers are just too draft and wretched from barren southeast. Who stops you ibos from leaving Lagos State with the polythene bag you came with and relocate to ur barren southeast ibo
Gbam.
Re: Lagos Builders To Obtain Permits For Renovations Of All Existing Structures by Truvelisback(m): 1:39pm On May 18
TylerPerry:
Expand the TAX BRACKET.....all these will bring down the house rent with moderate fees like that of roasted corn.....Nice one. Lagos leads, others follow
Sadly, you aren't Mathematically sound, if you are, you would know that it would increase rentage rather than decreasing it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Own A Developed Plot Of Land In An Estate With C Of O (Pics Attached) / FENCED 8 PLOTS AND 20 ACRES OF LAND FOR SALE IN BADAGRY WITH GOVT CONSENT / Nigerian Bungalow House Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.