Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,207 members, 7,860,343 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:40 AM

Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) (28646 Views)

South African Man's Bedroom Turns To A Bar With His Looted Drinks (Video) / #FreeZuma Looting: South African Man Carries Home A Looted ATM Machine (Video) / Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Tosin67: 1:58pm On May 19
CountinBlessins:
Obaaaaaaa

Oba ghato kpere ise!!!!!

If my great oba is paining you fūck all your illiterate toutish , tribalistic backwards obaz who push nonsense like Oro festival.

Fūck your entire tribe. angry
I didn't call any tribes name, but if your tribe regularly beats up their old parents for palm oil or land. Then they machete their old parents because of inheritance, they molest little children and culturally they encourage their youths in human rituals then fūck you all. If your youths rob rice trucks and indomie trucks then fūck your tribe too angry
If you think the mighty bini kingdom is subservient to your tribe fūck you, your entire generation and your unborn bastard kids angry
If your tribe celebrates touts , agberos and hooligans well fūck your tribe three times over. angry

Wa ruo osa, ma vbe la ukpo-ogbon, ukpo ni ma la na gha mase nor gberah oo!!

If you can't understand my language or my comment hurt your feelings, bend over backwards and fūck yourself hard angry

If you feel I hate people from your tribe, well yes I do. So please kindly fūck yourself. angry

U are just a misfit and a societal riffraff. Nincompoop. That is just the best way to describe you.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by deluckiest(m): 2:00pm On May 19
Basic123:

To the Benins!
Especially their just 3 local governments!
Your ignorance stinks 😩 Stop embarrassing yourself. I don't have time to educate kids like you. FYI, The entire Edo state formation as
presently constituted was the capital and the seat of power is the current Benin city. The Bini kingdom of old extended beyond Edo state. It covers both Edo state, Delta and part of Yoruba.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Erons2000(f): 2:02pm On May 19
ChizzyBuna:
White people realized how useless it was grin

No choice than to return it back

The whites showed the world that
Benin Kingdom jazz na SCAM

White people gave Benin Kingdom FATALITY grin
It was the easiest war the Europeans have ever fought.

Their Oba even ran away before Europeans arrived the palace.
They thought they had the strongest juju ever
But they didn't know that Whites had their own juju called Gun a.k.a gunpowder.

30 Benin warriors rushing to attack with spear and matchete.
Only to be greeted and baptized with steel bullets grin grin
They had no idea of the invention of Guns

Ask the Europeans about Juju in Benin Kingdom
They will laugh and laugh and laugh
na d same fatality ur papa give ur mama both on bed and in beating to born useless throwaway like u

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by BeigJawnson(m): 2:11pm On May 19
CountinBlessins:
Obaaaaaaa

Oba ghato kpere ise!!!!!

If my great oba is paining you fūck all your illiterate toutish , tribalistic backwards obaz who push nonsense like Oro festival.

I didn't call any tribes name, but if your tribe regularly beats up their old parents for palm oil or land. Then they machete their old parents because of inheritance, they molest little children and culturally they encourage their youths in human rituals then fūck you all. If your youths rob rice trucks and indomie trucks then fūck your tribe too angry
If you think the mighty bini kingdom is subservient to your tribe fūck you, your entire generation and your unborn bastard kids angry
If your tribe celebrates touts , agberos and hooligans well fūck your tribe three times over. angry

If you can't understand my language or my comment hurt your feelings, bend over backwards and fūck yourself hard angry

If you feel I hate people from your tribe, well yes I do. So please kindly fūck yourself. angry

Also most 99percent women in one tribe, use to do ashawo and their Oba laid curses on them and still yet they still do their ashawo and involve teens into the business. All na Italy connect... I didnt mention tribe too.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by thatigboman: 2:12pm On May 19
richiemcgold:
Only God knows the decades of years these artefacts have been away from Benin.
stolen in 1897

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Moniya4Real(m): 2:26pm On May 19
PresidObi:
Good

Let those who have stolen money in Nigeria in the last 9 years return the money like this, Iseeeee
So, it’s only those that stole the nation’s wealth in the last 9 years you are particular about. I weep for the future of this country. You obviously need another brain
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Basic123: 2:45pm On May 19
deluckiest:
Your ignorance stinks 😩 Stop embarrassing yourself. I don't have time to educate kids like you. FYI, The entire Edo state formation as
presently constituted was the capital and the seat of power is the current Benin city. The Bini kingdom of old extended beyond Edo state. It covers both Edo state, Delta and part of Yoruba.
British empire extended to 1/3 of the whole world on the olden days including Nigeria,therefore ,Nigeria is British in 2024....does that make sense to old fool like you?

In 2024,how many local government speaks edo language or whatever in Nigeria?
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by olasunkanmi338: 2:48pm On May 19
[quote author=CountinBlessins post=130029718]Obaaaaaaa

Oba ghato kpere ise!!!!!

The writer is simply uncultured,uncouth stinks mouth after down drinks many 'burukutu laced with 'ogogoro shepe' for used those dirty and vulgar languages. The boornful has forgoten that his/her people are major culputy in prostution in this country to extend of given this country bad names in europe, this shamelless people still had audacity to call themselves 'italian sisters' nomenclature for this people harlots in italy. Therefore, who is prominent producers of barstard children in this country more than ur people. Your scacism failed to realised this bitter truth. When write next time apply ur sensebility and be constructive, born fool.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by deji17: 2:50pm On May 19
Many thanks to Buhari and Tinubu.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by bizhop01: 2:52pm On May 19
CountinBlessins:
Obaaaaaaa

Oba ghato kpere ise!!!!!

Who is this idiot?
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by commoditiesnig: 2:55pm On May 19
Congrats to our Oba and Edolites
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by EggSoup(f): 2:57pm On May 19
Goodlady:
go n fuvk dat kingi wt returned loots
na your toto I want.
I just developed a fetish for knacking scammers
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by cliffypatt(m): 2:58pm On May 19
Basic123:

To the Benins!

Nah! To ya ancestors and ya elders at home.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by CrossRhodes: 2:59pm On May 19
richiemcgold:
Only God knows the decades of years these artefacts have been away from Benin.
You can actually calculate it na...
From 1897 till date.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by CrossRhodes: 3:00pm On May 19
EggSoup:
na your toto I want.
I just developed a fetish for knacking scammers
So you are not female after all grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by cliffypatt(m): 3:00pm On May 19
Honchoslim16:
A simple question

Why didn't the Juju and Deities kill the people (whites) who came to steal them?

How come the gods become powerless at the sight of Europeans? 😁

Can someone just explain... We need to know how this juju works, or juju and the gods dey shy?

This forum isn't the best place to get your answers, go to where they returned the artefacts and ask, also go to the areas where they practise traditional/indigenous religion and you will get your answers.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Anatolia: 3:07pm On May 19
ChizzyBuna:

Their Oba even ran away before Europeans arrived the palace grin grin

Only to be greeted and baptized with steel bullets grin

This statement is not true showing your knowledge is based on hearsay. The Bini warriors fought with Dane guns but when the British expedition came, they resorted to guerilla warfare which they eventually lost. I am sure your part of Nigeria gave up without a fight, cowards!.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by cliffypatt(m): 3:09pm On May 19
Anatolia:

This statement is not true showing your knowledge is based on hearsay. The Bini warriors fought with Dane guns but when the British expedition came, they resorted to guerilla warfare which they eventually lost. I am sure your part of Nigeria gave up without a fight, cowards!.

Well written
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Shattuck(m): 3:12pm On May 19
Basic123:

To the Benins!
no king in Ronu land can ever match the oba of bini in class, history and ancestry, not even the ooni of ife with his two local govt area he controls.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by musicwriter(m): 3:24pm On May 19
Lordave:
How did they end up in Germany?

After the British made the theft, they sold them off to museums and private collectors around the world. They also kept some in Britain.

So, the items are spread around European countries, the USA, Canada and probably in Australia. One source said more than 40,000 pieces were stolen. Out of these countries only Germany is making some genuine effort to right the wrong.

The late Queen of England died saying that stealing the items was the right thing to do, because according to her "everyone was doing it"

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by AngelicBeing: 3:24pm On May 19
anonimi:

The same black people who steal money and stash it in Germany, Switzerland, British Isles and other places in Europe and elsewhere instead of establishing museums here to safeguard the artefacts.

Was that not what Abacha did and Buhari denied it in 2008, even though Obasanjo recovered billions in stolen money from him?

Is that not what Obaseki, Oshiomhole, Igbinedion have done since 1999 instead of maintaining public libraries and building new ones to promote extra curricular education
Then vote them out and vote credible people into power to avoid recycling criminals, looters, Gandolar, wikes, and other egunje political bandit into power shocked
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by EggSoup(f): 3:29pm On May 19
CrossRhodes:

So you are not female after all grin grin
I'm lez
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Forkthiefnubu: 3:46pm On May 19
They returned them to his stewardship which is wrong , it shud go to the people of bini and not the oba of Benin , they simply mad e this guy a billionaire, the money that will come from these artefacts will only be used to give him a more cushy life
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by triplechoice(m): 3:49pm On May 19
Honchoslim16:
A simple question

Why didn't the Juju and Deities kill the people (whites) who came to steal them?

How come the gods become powerless at the sight of Europeans? 😁

Can someone just explain... We need to know how this juju works, or juju and the gods dey shy?

What's juju and what do you know about it to ask these questions?
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by ufotunang: 4:03pm On May 19
And how does thie artefacts solve Nigeria problems 🙄
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by occfx: 4:03pm On May 19
officialwdhtv:
Oba of Benin celebrates return of looted artefacts from Germany.

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VnHP6Bjr0I

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7JYeHdy5GL/?igsh=NTV5amJhM3Zod2Rl

They go don return a fake
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by HumanObserver: 4:09pm On May 19
CountinBlessins:
Obaaaaaaa

Oba ghato kpere ise!!!!!

We are together man.. You have a right to your identity.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by PHAYOL81: 4:14pm On May 19
That's grand!
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by Bliztzer: 4:18pm On May 19
CountinBlessins:

Below is the number of fūcks I give about your opinion

angry

I am edo born, I dont give a hoot about your fck. My great grand father served in the ancient army of Benin Kingdom. I belong to long lineage of Aitalegbe. You are just a kid who knows nothing, and adamantly istill want to be ignorance or just being defiant.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by kay29000(m): 4:42pm On May 19
ChizzyBuna:

Their Oba even ran away before Europeans arrived the palace grin grin

Only to be greeted and baptized with steel bullets grin

As I read the bolded, I tried to imagine how our ancestors felt when they witnessed the power of guns for the first time It would have definitely felt like strong juju to them.
Re: Oba Of Benin Celebrates Return Of Looted Artefacts From Germany (Video) by kay29000(m): 4:45pm On May 19
hopefulLandlord:
Benin get Juju. Oba no dey go transfer lol

Juju only works for the simple minded. Nothing in this life points to any Juju working lol

when the whites came with machine guns to benin where were the so-called JuJu and how did it help them? they ransacked the palace, king and some of his wives ran away, they took the effigies they called JuJu and the bronzes away as loot then sold them to art dealers who display them in museums and are now making money off tourists

Damn! They even took a picture of the loot. Omo! Technology trumps any juju.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Morocco: Boy Stuck In Well For Five Days Dies / Yemeni Drones Bomb Abu Dhabi Airport Killing 3 And Wounding 6 / Israel Opposes Any F-35 Sale To UAE Despite Their Warming Ties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.