Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,478 members, 7,865,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? (285 Views)

NDIC Calls On Depositors In 20 Liquidated Banks To Claim Their Money / Forbes 2020 World's Richest: Only 4 Nigerians Make Exclusive Billionaires List / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by Fayvohh(f): 11:22pm On May 20
Lately, I've been really pondering...
How tf do damn rich people make their money? I'm not talking about millions, I'm talking about from Fifty billion naira upwards. How do they do it? I need answers. I need guidance. I need what they did!!!!
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by skywolf28(m): 11:44pm On May 20
Mostly stocks and other long term investments

1 Like

Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by favor914: 12:00am On May 21
Fayvohh:
Lately, I've been really pondering...
How tf do damn rich people make their money? I'm not talking about millions, I'm talking about from Fifty billion naira upwards. How do they do it? I need answers. I need guidance. I need what they did!!!!
Systematic fraud, quite hard to explain, because it is unique to whatever trade you find yourself in.

1 Like

Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by Franklyspeakin: 12:55am On May 21
oya, like our presido now.
oya explain tire no evidence

favor914:
Systematic fraud, quite hard to explain, because it is unique to whatever trade you find yourself in.
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by favor914: 11:45am On May 21
Franklyspeakin:
oya, like our presido now.
oya explain tire no evidence

Like your own presido also, abi you no be Nigerian again?
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by OnyeAshuaUru: 12:14pm On May 21
Ọgwụ ego
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by Obierika(m): 2:40pm On May 21
favor914:

Not everyone who has money got it through fraud
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by FxExpo(m): 3:32pm On May 21
It had to make huge amount in a genuine way but through bad unapproved way it possible I know of Ndlee boss who is making 7 to 8 mill every week through 2 illegal way
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by A305: 4:00pm On May 21
skywolf28:
Mostly stocks and other long term investments
This person here just answered your question correctly. But let me buttress further.

I'm sure you often hear when they say: the rich keeps getting richer and the poor keeps getting poorer. It's reality. Sadly, it's the side effect of capitalism which Karl Max warned against.

People who are rich in tens of millions, hundreds of millions and even billionaires has huge financial leverage when it comes to passive investment in the money market.

A rich guy worth more than 50 million naira could still keep his regular job. And when he invest that 50 million into the money market (S&P, MMF,Tbill, Bonds, Stocks).

MMF for example, he would be getting atleast 720,000.00 monthly at the current rate of 17%.

Can you imagine having 720k as passive income?

Most struggling Nigerians don't even earn up to 500k in their regular job. This is how the rich gets richer and poor gets poorer.

*Another method that can easily earn you that sort of rich people money is through property investment or sales.

Just one sale of a property you inherited or bought for less could earn you quite a lot to consider yourself never to be broke again if you invest in the money market.

*Another unorthodox ways of making quick big money is through scam, fraud, illegal deals (oil bunkery, currency round tripping etc), political extortion and corruption and money laundry, this type of money usually is not sustainable for long because even if you invest it and the authorities comes after you, all your networth will be wiped off starting from freezing your bank accounts, seizing all your properties, cars and other businesses.

*Another way is buying out an already thriving business and pump more money into it.

*Another way is starting your own business from scratch and grow it till you retire as the CEO and hand over to a COO.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by TreasureHunter(m): 4:36pm On May 21
We make our money by taking advantage of business and investment opportunities.
Re: How Do Extremely Rich Nigerians Make Their Money? by Franklyspeakin: 8:54am On Jun 01
you no see our. Abi English hard nii.??
favor914:
Like your own presido also, abi you no be Nigerian again?

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Offer!!! / 5 Truck Of Diesel For Sell @ Cheaper Price / Kitchen 4 Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.