Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:52 PM

Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) (13525 Views)

Davido Performs On The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon (Video) / Asake Performs β€œYoga And Organise” On The Tonight Show / Asake Performs On Stage With A Goat In Atlanta, USA (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Gajagojo: 4:39pm On May 21
Winning a Grammy is good for the individual
But our young people need to free their minds from colonial mentality

Grammy awards cannot and do not validate African music

Whether Oyinbo like it or not should not matter to US

I don't see any Oyinbo looking for awards in Africa

What is wrong with your heads

Try using it

What we see more and more is musicians changing their style so Oyinbo can approve and callling it African Music

Commercial success is good
But what is not African is not African

1 Like

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by ADSP116(m): 4:47pm On May 21
It's funny how a lot of shits called songs are being nominated even wining grammies this days,in the 90's we have a lot of great vocalists that were able to dole out great timeless and evergreen hits from time to time with a significant numbers of fans base all around the world,yet all they could get was Grammy nominations
KC and Jojo or Jodeci and other R&B groups of the 90's with all the success and the accolades never won grammy,but these days one meaningless song without good lyrical concept will just win Grammy award that was sculptured by one oluwole artist.
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Mom007(f): 4:51pm On May 21
Where she dey fat go? shocked

1 Like

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Onkoolos: 5:06pm On May 21
unite4real:

You don;t need to insult. my answer is TIWA
Cap!!!
Same Tiwa. Tiwa doesn't come close.. I even think say you will say Asa. person wey write song for Rihanna wey enter top 3 for usa billboard top song and was nominated for Oscar award talkless of all her achievements in the music industry... Baba no female artist for naija fit compete with that girl vocally and lyrically currently except Asa... Why you think say Rihanna, Beyonce ,Adele and Justin Bieber respect her??..

3 Likes

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Seagodess(f): 5:06pm On May 21
mariovito:
She needs to leave alte sound and give us some afrobeats hits.
no b Afro beat type..u hear?
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Seagodess(f): 5:06pm On May 21
unite4real:
she cant even make top 10 on Nigerian Idol. i really do not fancy her music
are you okay?
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Onkoolos: 5:07pm On May 21
mariovito:
She needs to leave alte sound and give us some afrobeats hits.

Her type of song no be afro beat sir..
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by mariovito(m): 5:08pm On May 21
Seagodess:
no b Afro beat type..u hear?
Okay I hear you.

But then, her biggest record till date happens to be an afrobeats track, the one with Wizkid.
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by SpatialKing(m): 5:11pm On May 21
TechBaron:
You said her only achievement was Essence with Wiz Kid.

I just wanted to correct that narrative.

Tems is a great artist.

Was a great artist..

She should rejuvenate herself

Singing 🎢 primary school rhymes all the time won't work
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Oluwomonext212(m): 5:11pm On May 21
Tem with the Temple Yansh
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Onkoolos: 5:12pm On May 21
SpatialKing:

Was a great artist..

undecided undecided. Some of unna no know music.. na portable and shalipopi fit unaa πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Nursery rhyme that got her Grammy, bet and Oscar nomination. U dey talk go the wrong direction..

2 Likes

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Seagodess(f): 5:18pm On May 21
mariovito:

Okay I hear you.

But then, her biggest record till date happens to be an afrobeats track, the one with Wizkid.
Wizkid wrote the song.. she was featured
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by PHAYOL81: 5:22pm On May 21
That's no bad performance there. More grace, girl. The world's there to be conquered. Go get it.
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by PHAYOL81: 5:29pm On May 21
Onkoolos:

Cap!!!
Same Tiwa. Tiwa doesn't come close.. I even think say you will say Asa. person wey write song for Rihanna wey enter top 3 for usa billboard top song and was nominated for Oscar award talkless of all her achievements in the music industry... Baba no female artist for naija fit compete with that girl vocally and lyrically currently except Asa... Why you think say Rihanna, Beyonce ,Adele and Justin Bieber respect her??..

Don't mind the dude. He's too meshed up in and with junks.

1 Like

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by SpatialKing(m): 5:30pm On May 21
Onkoolos:

undecided undecided. Some of unna no know music.. na portable and shalipopi fit unaa πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Nursery rhyme that got her Grammy, bet and Oscar nomination. U dey talk go the wrong direction..

By your judgment
Zakir Hussain, Bela Fleck, and Edgar Meyer won't have won the 2024 Grammy Award for Best Global Music Performance for their contribution to "Pashto" featuring Rakesh Chaurasia.
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by BondRiv: 5:57pm On May 21
Awesome artist.

1 Like

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Onkoolos: 6:11pm On May 21
SpatialKing:

By your judgment
Zakir Hussain, Bela Fleck, and Edgar Meyer won't have won the 2024 Grammy Award for Best Global Music Performance for their contribution to "Pashto" featuring Rakesh Chaurasia.
A song that was made using different various of instruments to create a very beautiful sounds.. if those are nursery rhyme to you go back school and read nursery rhyme whether you will get me clear. Make person dey tell me tems dey sing nursery rhyme.. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£. Na shalipopi fit unaa..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. Someone that have work with future, drake beyounce, Rihanna and wizkid is sing nursery rhyme grin grin grin

Tell me ayra starr or tyla song wey fit beat this lyrically and vocally. U dey cap go the wrong direction...

Try me
No woman no cry
Damages
Free mind
Higher

2 Likes

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by TechBaron: 6:15pm On May 21
SpatialKing:

Was a great artist..

My brother,

These things no easy ooooo.

Make we dey give them some accolades.
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by SpatialKing(m): 6:17pm On May 21
Onkoolos:

A song that was made using different various of instruments to create a very beautiful sounds.. if those are nursery rhyme to you go back school and read nursery rhyme whether you will get me clear. Make person dey tell me tems dey sing nursery rhyme.. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£. Na shalipopi fit unaa..πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Tell me ayra starr or tyla song wey fit beat this lyrically and vocally. U dey cap go the wrong direction...

Try me
No woman no cry
Damages
Free mind
Higher

Water πŸ’¦ by Tyla beats all Tems songs combined

Shalipopi might even win Grammys before Tems
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Onkoolos: 6:21pm On May 21
SpatialKing:

Water πŸ’¦ by Tyla beats all Tems songs combined

I no dey follow u argue again..I can clearly see your type of music taste.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I dey waste my time before as I dey follow argue... Your type are the one that listen to loud beat instead of lyrics and vocal... The type of song u listen to are for clubs, beer parlour, bar.. Comparing water to try me and damages..

2 Likes

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by COOL10(m): 6:32pm On May 21
A lot of Nigerians never expected Tems to blow the way she did. They never expected her to become as popular as she is today. That's why you see them queuing up on this thread to castigate her. Her success disappoints them till date. First born and bred Nigerian female to win a Grammy no be beans. If e easy, make others do am cheesy

They did the same thing to Burna Boy and his success ended up disappointing them too.

Learn to notice Greatness from its early stages so that you won't end up criticizing it when it becomes apparent.

3 Likes

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by SpatialKing(m): 6:39pm On May 21
Onkoolos:

I no dey follow u argue again..I can clearly see your type of music taste.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. I dey waste my time before as I dey follow argue... Your type are the one that listen to loud beat instead of lyrics and vocal... The type of song u listen to are for clubs, beer parlour, bar.. Comparing water to try me and damages..

Music is not measured based on your standard bro...

Tems needs to rejuvenate herself is as simple as that..
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:49pm On May 21
Currently she's the biggest and the best female artist in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by candygist: 8:05pm On May 21
fnep2smooth:
Na old glory this girl still dey use... No new hit song.

Naija just love her for her sexy body nothing special about her music

You are outdated.

1 Like

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by Kushites: 12:56am On May 22
jaxxy:
vocally she's average or too carefree but her songs for some reason are appealing to many.

It's something about her voice that appeals to them I guess, but in terms of the actual music, I just can't see what she's singing.

If she actually had better songs with real melody, she could probably be really good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by meshachdbuzz(m): 11:14am On May 22
SpatialKing:

Exactly
Zero innovation
Zero creativity

na only this nairaland we for dey see truth grin grin

if u dey find truth come nairaland no body send your papa grin grin
Re: Tems Performs On The Tonight Show (Video) by NaijaPrince18: 5:59pm On May 22
The same Nigerians hating on tems are the ones who call that Seyi vibez noise music

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OFFICIAL VIDEO: Phyno Ft. Flavour - Authe / DOWNLOAD MIXTAPE: DJ Baddo – Best Of Fela Mixtape 2020 β€’ Mp3 / MP3 Skulls: MP3 Skulls Free Music Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.