Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,728 members, 7,862,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

We Need An AI Section On Nairaland - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / We Need An AI Section On Nairaland (242 Views)

Petition To Have An AI Section In Nairaland / This Article Was Generated Completely By An AI Called Chatgpt. / Can You Create An Ai Chatbot That Can Speak Nigerian Pidgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need An AI Section On Nairaland by ASHTAROTH: 2:14pm On May 21
Seun,

We need an AI section on Nairaland. NL as a forum should not be left behind in the advancements of AI. Although, I know for a fact that we have news on AI hitting the front page, it should be much more. We could have subsections on ML, CV, NLP, RL, DRL, etc. People can learn more about these wonderful technologies, how to get into them, and how to leverage them in various fields.

AI is becoming increasingly relevant in all areas. So, having a space to discuss these advancements will keep the community informed and encourage local innovation and collaboration. It will also provide a platform for enthusiasts, professionals, and students to connect, learn, and share ideas.

I am willing to volunteer as a moderator for this section. I am a Research Fellow with a background and experience in AI and related fields, I am confident I can help manage and guide the discussions to ensure they are informative, engaging, and respectful.

Let's embrace the future and make Nairaland a hub for AI knowledge and discussion in Nigeria.

Let me know what you think, Seun.

1 Like

Re: We Need An AI Section On Nairaland by cj1080(m): 6:12pm On May 21
Interesting topic dear.

I like the way you think

But just to ask, can't each of these mentions part be a pinned topic in the section for a while to see if its popular if not, then its religated.
I believe this way would be better.

To test these, why not just topics on these are followup with new insights on these topics, this way you attract attention, quotes, views and arguements for these topics.

This way if its truly worth it, then Seun can look at making it a separate section.

Because if i were Seun the below would be what i consider first

1.Whats is the viewership trend for the programming topic on Nairaland?
2.How high is it?
3.How many topics have been shared about the things this guy is talking about?
4.How many views have these topics gathered?
5.Does the viewership warrant a breakaway to create a new top topic?
6.Whats the financials for the programming section, will creating an ai section bring more money?
7.How much does the programming topic make for the site?
8.How much will these topics make for the site?

And fortunately i can answer a few of these for you.

1. Check below the last post and the ads at the bottom of the section to see how many people are live.
Note that programming section usually has between min 3 max 50 people live at most times(oh i have check).

2.Min 3 usually during the day you see 3-10 people, max happens at night usually between 20-45 people( you can guess why).

3. Using what you said
We could have subsections on ML, CV, NLP, RL, DRL

ML(Machine Learning) there are over 1000 posts and 14 users mentioned it
google this site:nairaland.com "Machine Learning"

CV ( Computer Vision) has over 282 post
site:nairaland.com "Computer vision"

NLP (Natural Language Processing) has just shy of 289 posts
site:nairaland.com "Natural Language Processing"

4. View range is between 5 and 4000 views per topic.
site:nairaland.com "Natural Language Processing" AND "views"

5. Maybe, but a growing trend with likely advertisers

6. Currently it cost ₦4,138.03 to advertise in the programming section for a month, see rateshttps://www.nairaland.com/adrates
which is considering the views and comments here is quite em... fill in the blanks. besides how many are we and how many of us actually see the ads.

7. From my side i only see 4 ads top and bottom, there might be more from your side. @ 4138 thats roughly about 16k something, profitable (to some yes to other no).

8. Judging by the current trend on the programming section, and reduced for regression, may be 1-2 ads a month, that 8k something.
(worth it for a new section - No).

The above are things Seun or any forum owner with business intent, will consider before deciding to create a new section for AI.

1 Like

Re: We Need An AI Section On Nairaland by africoders18: 8:14pm On May 24
Lets face facts, programming sections no too dey move like that jare. We are minority.
Re: We Need An AI Section On Nairaland by wolement: 8:57pm On May 25
I was just thing of this. Its very important.

(1) (Reply)

Admin Needed For Music Website / Bga Reballing Stencil For Nand Emmc Emcp Bga 153 162 169 186 221 254 Universal / Make Money And Have A Financial Breakthrough Trading Fx

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.