Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,475 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? (16976 Views)

NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? / Globacom (Glo Mobile) Nigeria Email Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by bLiNg: 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2011
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]For many weeks now, my Glo line has not been able to call out in peace. There is always this problem or the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Is anyone aware of any problem with their network?[/size][/size][/size]
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by aieromon(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
Big Mike must have spent all the money on the annual festival in his hometown.
I can't make use of my line once its 7pm.It's really pathetic.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by crowned(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2011
yeah,glo has been very bad for the past days. i even find it had to make glo to glo calls
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by yahoo2(m): 10:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
honestly i thought i was the only one. I come here everyday hoping to see people complain about it but find none until this thread came up. Its been so bad for some time now yet the coy is keeping mute. Rubbish angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2011
I tot they used to have the best network coverage. Now i just dey jolly wif ma etimama
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by psychu: 8:57am On Nov 24, 2011
sad nuffin is working wif them, my last BIS subscription i did not enjoy half off it. I have 2X200 recharge card that i have not been able to use, calling out is a problem. He has to kick out some of those his incompetent brothers.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2011
Its a network for enemies of progress, God delivered me from the chains of evil(Glo) 3dayz ago, Am enjoying in glory with MTN and Etisalat. grin
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 5:45pm On Nov 24, 2011
The network is in the brink of extinction
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by chines4(m): 5:47pm On Nov 24, 2011
Mine is working just fine, both BB and calls, may be its your location
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by samyng(m): 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
[size=13pt]Don't know the problem with Glo these days i wonder if they have plan to loose their customers or something as this has been over 1 week now[/size]
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by carlinks: 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2011
thought i was the only person, their service gets poorer each passing day, atimes i have more than 2000 on my phone and i still have to go to a payphone to make calls, complained to customer care to no avail, they had better do something fast
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by omoboy08(m): 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
is getting beta over here.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by folafola(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
why must my location caused wahala? abeg the network is bad. can you imagine i loaded money to subscribe for internet but i was told i cannot subscribe i had to use the money on call i never  intended and this has happened twice this month alone and i cannot even browse, i called their kia kia customer care line (20naira) severall times but to no avail. hmnn i guess they are in their troubled period
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Yinkay: 6:32pm On Nov 24, 2011
There was problem with their systems, was in their offices in two states recently for SIM replacement and ipad microsim, none is yet to be activated till now.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by jarkbauer: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2011
im on glo for 2k calls after that nothing shikena
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by niyimat(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2011
Even, when you have money, they will say you have no money to make this call. Frustrating
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by busifx(m): 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2011
BLO have finally lost it this time around. Iam switching to mtn as soon as this my bis expires next week. And iam breaking my BLO sim. BLO with pride, Yeah right
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by bLiNg: 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
@Chines4, what area are you in where it is ok?
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2011
x
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2011
I hope they fix it soon cos am having d same difficulty making calls/texts too.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by splitnaija(m): 7:55pm On Nov 24, 2011
Glo is really, really terrible these days and it's funny that this has been on for some months now without anything being. You are not able to make calls as they won't connect and even when they manage to connect, you either would not hear the caller or the caller wouldn't hear you. It's really so frustrating.

And as if the frustration is not enough, you see Glo networlk using some non-conventional numbers like 547174760, 5471690777 in  sending very provocative and unsolicited sms from some faceless individual like "can I be ur friend?", "if u see me, u will love me", "can we meet today?"etc, Thank God for the understanding wife I have, otherwise, Glo would have landed me in big soup with her senseless text messages & calls angry
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by yahoo2(m): 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2011
the most annoying is that there is not a word from them.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by splitnaija(m): 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2011
Glo is really, really terrible these days and it's funny that this has been on for some months now without anything being done. You are not able to make calls as they won't connect and even when they manage to connect, you either would not hear the caller or the caller wouldn't hear you. It's really so frustrating.

And as if the frustration is not enough, you see Glo networlk using some non-conventional numbers like 547174760, 5471690777 in  sending very provocative and unsolicited sms from some faceless individual like "can I be your friend?", "if u see me, u will love me", "can we meet today?"etc,  Thank God for the understanding wife I have, otherwise, Glo would have landed me in big soup with her senseless text messages & calls angry Infact, I'm already contemplating throwing my Glo sim away undecided
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 24, 2011
glo network is just too bad these days. You pple dont knw wat u re sayin, this problem has be on for the past 2months nw. I cant browse xcept in 9t smtime. Smtime i wont be able 2call throughout the day which is very bad. I mailed the customer care last 9t and complined to them i even told them if i have the opportunity to sue them i will. Uptill this moment no response from them. Very bad. I wish NCC do sometin about it. Or we take it to the media. Press. They wil nw no we re serious, anofia
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by muyoto: 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2011
mine is working just find. it prolly has to do with your location.
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Hotestspot: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2011
Glo is very horrible and very unreliable these days
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by klas(m): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2011
Surely not location matter. All the issues mentioned here are also applicable to my line - inability to call out, saying insufficient credit when you have over N1k still unused, unsolicited flashing and implicating sms from their 547 number series etc.

NCC needs to call them to order asap
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by Koikoi(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2011
chines4:

Mine is working just fine, both BB and calls, may be its your location

location has nothing to do with this gross incompetence. mine's working fine but my wife's own has been out of coverage area for over a week now yet we live in the same house. Shame. I guess Mike has made all the money he needs
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by bLiNg: 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2011
It's really bad! Im so scared - literally its brought some kind of fear - whenever I try to call with my glo line, because Í'm just 85% expecting that beep beep sound that'll tell me call ended, so frustrating. In fact, for the past few days, I haven't even dared recharging my glo line because of the dread of that 'call ended' thing, it's horrible. i now recharge my MTN and use it to call other networks because I know that in spite of the cutthroat prices, it'd connect, and I don't have to expect some beeping sound and call ended.

It's really bad that it's dragged on for so long. What is the network doing

splitnaija:

Glo is really, really terrible these days and it's funny that this has been on for some months now without anything being done. You are not able to make calls as they won't connect and even when they manage to connect, you either would not hear the caller or the caller wouldn't hear you. It's really so frustrating.

And as if the frustration is not enough, you see Glo networlk using some non-conventional numbers like 547174760, 5471690777 in  sending very provocative and unsolicited sms from some faceless individual like "can I be your friend?", "if u see me, u will love me", "can we meet today?"etc,  Thank God for the understanding wife I have, otherwise, Glo would have landed me in big soup with her senseless text messages & calls angry Infact, I'm already contemplating throwing my Glo sim away undecided

@splitnaija, though your post is serious, it is very hilarious. Lol. Thank God for understanding wives O! grin
Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by samyng(m): 9:35pm On Nov 24, 2011
Am not happy with Glo for this as am really a big fan, I pray they fix this and don't loose customers. I really Appreciate what they are doing especially the 1 Special Number at 2k/sec,,

Re: What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? by gbogboti: 10:13pm On Nov 24, 2011
Before their recent epilepsy coupled with heart problems, I hated them like poo. They have the worst promos, worst network and the worst call centre reps. The last time I went to their Adeola Odeku's office, told d customer service girl dat they should learn coordination from MTN. Since on friday my 200box glo card is still in my wallet. I couldnt recharge it. As 4 their 2k/sec call, my wife-to-be has no good glo signal arnd her area. So I dnt get to feel their recent nonsense. FOR ALL THOSE THINKING OF A CHEAPER NETWORK, AIRTEL NA IM BE AM! I SWEAR! THEY ALSO REWARD THEIR CUSTOMER QUITELY WITHOUT NOISE MAKING. I GOT 10MB JUST LIKE THAT TODAY, WHILE STILL ENJOYING THE OTHER 10MB FROM CLUB 10.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia 520: The Most Affordable Windows Phone Yet! / What Is Celtel Doing? / Virtual Nigerian Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.