Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:40 AM

Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja (47459 Views)

Lessons We Must Learn From The Emdee Tiamiyu's Saga/blunder. / Breath-Taking Aerial View Of Roads In Abuja - Photos / Two Female Pilots All Smiles After Flying Passengers From Abuja To Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:08pm On May 21
This is Abuja.

Why can't these state governors build their streets like this?

This is how a normal street looks in a sane environment.

Covered drains. Sidewalks.

It's not rocket science!

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by vanbonattel: 10:10pm On May 21
Na covered drains we go chop?

Dollar is N1,600 now

173 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by vanbonattel: 10:11pm On May 21
You wanna see well built roads, go to Abia state, Otti of LP is doing wonders there.

175 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:14pm On May 21
vanbonattel:

Dollar is N1,600 now

Use your head.

I just referred to STATE GOVERNORS.

Are they in charge of the exchange rate or are they in charge of developing their infrastructure?

237 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by AcuraZDX: 10:15pm On May 21
Kushites:

Use your head.

Are they in charge of the exchange rate or are they in charge of developing their infrastructure?

So Estate roads are now the entire Abuja? Lmao.

All thess clowns

214 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by vanbonattel: 10:19pm On May 21
Kushites:

Use your head.

Why talking state governors, are all federal roads done now?

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Lumarstone: 10:19pm On May 21
If some states must build this type of street road, a lot of demolition must occur and most of the state governors are not all that wicked to demolish peoples houses with out paying compensation.

Some states governors are doing well in times of street road construction.

I left..!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:22pm On May 21
AcuraZDX:

So Estate roads are now the entire Abuja? Lmao.

All thess clowns

Abuja is largely a city of 'estates' anyway.

What is this one talking about? Have you actually been to Abuja?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:24pm On May 21
vanbonattel:

Metropolitan streets and residential city roads are NOT the FG responsibility.

That is for the state governments to fix.

The FG has shown the way, by how Abuja was constructed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by AcuraZDX: 10:32pm On May 21
Kushites:

Abuja is largely a city of 'estates' anyway.

What is this one talking about? Have you actually been to Abuja?

City of Estates?

Which Abuja?

This one na clown true true.

I bet you haven't been to Abuja all your life

15 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:32pm On May 21
Lumarstone:
If some states must build this type of street road, a lot of demolition must occur and most of the state governors are not all that wicked to demolish peoples houses with paying compensation.

Some states governors are doing well in times of street road construction.

I left..!

If the roads are too narrow, we can still cover the drains and clear the sand.

Do you know that in Japan, only major roads have sidewalks?

Their inner roads have none, because they are too narrow. They were built centuries ago, before the invention of cars.

But see how they look:

Road sealed properly, so not a drop of sand on it, and drains covered.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by helinues: 10:33pm On May 21
Abuja, there I go come soon.

grin

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:34pm On May 21
AcuraZDX:

City of Estates?

Which Abuja?

This one na clown true true.

I bet you haven't been to Abuja all your life

YOU'RE THE CLOWN.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by NaijaCowFarm: 10:35pm On May 21
Oga, does Abuja have a central drainage system, abi na to cover the gutter be your challenge.
Wait when silt will fill those gutters, na broken pieces you go dey pack side by side.

if you doubt, ask people in Festac.

4 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by christejames(m): 10:35pm On May 21
They travel abroad but when they come back they bring only the worse of ideas that they didn't even see abroad and starts implementing it for the 'sheeples'

19 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 10:39pm On May 21
NaijaCowFarm:
Oga, does Abuja have a central drainage system, abi na to cover the gutter be your challenge.
Wait when silt will fill those gutters, na broken pieces you go dey pack side by side.

if you doubt, ask people in Festac.

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

What magic are other cities across the world using then?

Even Kigali, Rwanda doesn't build roads without covered drains and sidewalks.

Stop making excuses for incompetent govt.

Kigali

18 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Yankee101: 10:39pm On May 21
A lot of the estate roads are privately built
The developer builds his own infrastructure in a lot of developments in nigeria
That’s why they are tailored. Of course the initial design for Abuja added those features too

1 Like

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Biggeststar01: 11:20pm On May 21
Bros let’s see your state. Enough insulting people on a faceless forum. You’re embarrassing yourself

5 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 11:25pm On May 21
Biggeststar01:
Bros let’s see your state. Enough insulting people on a faceless forum. You’re embarrassing yourself

I REPEAT FOR YOUR THICK HEAD.

MY STATE OF ORIGIN IS IRRELEVANT.

I'M A NIGERIAN.

END OF STORY.

BYE BYE!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Kushites: 11:47pm On May 21
Yankee101:
A lot of the estate roads are privately built
The developer builds his own infrastructure in a lot of developments in nigeria
That’s why they are tailored. Of course the initial design for Abuja added those features too

All we need is a national STANDARD for how the roads should look. And a requirement that every state govt meets a certain percentage in terms of upgrades per annum.

If we do that, in the next 20 years, all our streets will look world class.

The 'abroad' that you people love so much, BE the abroad nau....?

Kigali, Rwanda

This is how you eliminate sand from the roads.

Roads are not supposed to have sand on them.

You eliminate sand by SEALING the road. You build the road, then it hits the pavement/sidewalk which hits the wall of the house.

Result?

NO SAND FOREVER ON THE ROAD.

You don't need to sweep. Ever.

ZERO SAND.

Why can't these CRETINS we call governors build our roads like this, the RIGHT way?

I LAUGH when I hear these clowns in govt talking about ''attracting tourists''.

UTTER CLOWNS.

Tourists LOVE to walk around.

They will NEVER visit Nigeria for tourism until you build your roads the right way.

Who is going to leave their comfortable nation to come here and be jumping gutter with you people?

With dusty roads, sand and mud?

Dreamers!

Keep dreaming! 🤣🤣

27 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Oju4190: 3:49am On May 22
vanbonattel:
You wanna see well built roads, go to Abia state, Otti of LP is doing wonders there.
is it not same otti dat is bulding road without a pedestrian lane

13 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Paystack: 4:08am On May 22
I support you for this one

Every morning I wake I realize how depressing it is to be a Nigerian.

It's miracle how suicide rate in Nigeria isn't above the roof

Like the most basic things seems like rocket science for this Cows that call themselves leaders.

I swear on God there's no single sector or thing in Nigeria working at average capacity.

Like 50/100 apart from corruption

I sincerely with all my heart hate this country

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by AcadaWriter: 5:12am On May 22
Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Ofunaofu: 5:15am On May 22
helinues:

grin

So you never go Abuja before for your life

I am sure you never go lagos before

2 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by helinues: 5:46am On May 22
Ofunaofu:

So you never go Abuja before for your life

I am sure you never go lagos before

You see what your Jumpology on my mentions can cause.

Where did I tell you that I have never been to Abuja before?

Una go just dey run una mouth anyhow like tap water .I am sure indeed

4 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Writervick(m): 6:09am On May 22
Lol no na

1 Like

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Almaigaa: 6:23am On May 22
Make una call Governor Obaseki of Edo State, Alex Otti of Abia and Prof Charles Soludo of Anambra State. They are the worst Governors in this Country. The few Roads they built are all substandard grin

6 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Nairalander248: 6:29am On May 22
vanbonattel:

Dollar is N1,600 now

Put one of your hands up, and place the other one on your chest, then kneel down and repeat after me "I receive sense from today onward."

5 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Oghene86: 6:30am On May 22
Kushites:
This is Abuja.

Why can't these useless state governors build their streets like this?

This is how a normal street looks in a sane environment.

Covered drains. Sidewalks.

It's not rocket science!

Send this message to Soludo email address
Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Afamsi: 7:22am On May 22
First thing first.. Let Tinubu bring down prices of foods to where he met them. When poor people have eating, we can start talking about beautiful roads

11 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by BondRiv: 8:59am On May 22
vanbonattel:

Dollar is N1,600 now

These are the sycophants and enemies of Nigeria who never speak the truth and hold governors accountable. They only know how to abuse the president.

5 Likes

Re: Our State Governors Must Learn How To Build Street Roads From Abuja by Exousiang01(m): 9:53am On May 22
vanbonattel:

Do all FG roads need to be done before the states start theirs some of you think like young pigs.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Indigenes Who Were Killed In Accident On Return From Spain, Identified. PICS / Nigerian Air Force Jets Crash During Independence Day Rehearsal In Abuja / Fresh Crisis Brews In South Africa As Nigerians Get Eviction Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.