Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,801 members, 7,866,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:38 AM

The 2023–24 NBA Sportsmanship Award Winner: Former Wildcat Tyrese Maxey - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The 2023–24 NBA Sportsmanship Award Winner: Former Wildcat Tyrese Maxey (48 Views)

United Nations Peace Award Winner Tasks Nigerians On Importance Of Peace / Pastor Prince Winner Involved In Accident On Kaduna Road (Photos) / The Fast And The Furious Movie Star Tyrese Asks Fans For Prayers As He Undergoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 2023–24 NBA Sportsmanship Award Winner: Former Wildcat Tyrese Maxey by Vents111: 8:21am On May 22
On Thursday, Tyrese Maxey received yet another honor for his outstanding fourth season: he was chosen the 2023–24 NBA Sportsmanship Award winner. The Joe Dumars Trophy, which recognizes a player who most exemplifies sportsmanship on the court, was given to the 23-year-old guard for the Philadelphia 76ers.

Since the award's introduction in the 1995–96 season, Eric Snow won it in the 1999–2000 season, making Maxey the only Sixer to do so. As a member of the Clippers in 2005–06, Elton Brand—who is currently the general manager of the Sixers—won this honor.

Every one of the 30 NBA teams may nominate a player for the Sportsmanship Award. After that, players vote to choose the winner after a panel of league executives chooses a nominee from each of the NBA's six divisions. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Tre Jones, Jarrett Allen, Kevin Love of Miami, Harrison Barnes, and Jarrett Allen of Cleveland were among the other well-known nominees whom Maxey defeated.

Touching moment

Tyrone and Denyse, Maxey's parents, had the privilege of informing him of the news. Maxey has frequently mentioned how much of an impact his parents have had on his life and work. He has previously mentioned how his mother helps him get past challenging times and losses, as well as his father's maxim, "Proper preparation prevents poor performance." His approach both on and off the court has been distinctly shaped by his close family ties and their mentorship.

Maxey said, "It means a lot," after accepting his father's honor. For me, sportsmanship is very important. Even though I give it my best on the field, I still have respect for each and every one of my opponents. You guys also taught me a lot. I'm really passionate about the game that you guys showed me how to play. But in the end, whether you win, lose, or tie, you have to have respect for your opponents and other players.

Cool TV

For fans of sports who like to keep up with the most recent NBA activity as well as other sporting events, Cool TV offers 해외축구중계 comprehensive sports coverage and high-quality streaming in one convenient location. Visit 해외축구중계 to fully immerse yourself in the exciting world of basketball and beyond.

(1) (Reply)

Revolutionize Your Gaming Experience With White Label Bc.game Clone! / Recruitment Service / *trending News Update On The Heritage Times*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.