Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,357 members, 7,868,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) (1906 Views)

Warning ⚠️ Mind What You Post On Whatsapp. Pics Attached / What I Noticed After Iphone Battery Replacement / Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 2:29pm On May 22
I've done quite a lot of research on this forum concerning iPhone battery replacement and I can't seem to be satisfied with all I get. From getting the original apple battery, locating a confirmed apple store, not showing battery percentage and all that.

I intend to change my iPhone 11 pro Max's battery soon and I just have few questions:

1. Where is an ideal apple store located in Ikeja, lagos where I can replace this battery with no issues?

2. Is it true that changing the battery, whether follow-come (original apple battery) or not, the battery percentage will no longer show on the battery's health settings in the iPhone?

3. What are the cons of replacing the battery?

PS: The reason for this replacement is the battery not serving well enough for me to give up my other phone. So I intend to just get a new battery and probably sell off my other phone.

Thanks.

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Marykhay: 2:38pm On May 22
I also would like to know after you've replaced it so I will know if it's a good idea or not grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by AyoTheBadBoy: 2:43pm On May 22
I think you’ll enjoy the phone better if you replace the battery with a better one.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 2:55pm On May 22
Marykhay:
I also would like to know after you've replaced it so I will know if it's a good idea or not grin

Lols. I understand you. But I can still find out from those who's had the experience here.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 2:57pm On May 22
AyoTheBadBoy:
I think you’ll enjoy the phone better if you replace the battery with a better one.

This is my motive though. But getting the better battery and finding a qualified Apple device technician to do it is the main thing.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 3:44pm On May 22
My iPhone 8 plus had bad battery at 69% I thought to myself, the phone is still okay and money no too dey so what do I do?

I went to aliexpress and ordered a new EXTENDED CAPACITY battery for my phone. I went from using the stock 2850mah to using 3400mah.

Now my phone battery percentage in coconut battery app is showing 120% battery health cool my phone stays on for 2 days with continuous use.

Very cost effective and brilliant upgrade. I advise you do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by MIRACULOUS123(m): 3:49pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:
My iPhone 8 plus had bad battery at 69% I thought to myself, the phone is still okay and money no too dey so what do I do?

I went to aliexpress and ordered a new EXTENDED CAPACITY battery for my phone. I went from using the stock 2850mah to using 3400mah.

Now my phone battery percentage in coconut battery app is showing 120% battery health cool my phone stays on for 2 days with continuous use.

Too good to be true 😏
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 3:54pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:

Wow. This is great to know.

But did you fix it in an apple approved store or something like that?

Thanks
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 3:55pm On May 22
MIRACULOUS123:

Too good to be true 😏

Kindly share reasons why doubt him. I'll really appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 3:57pm On May 22
I saw these legends names mentioned somewhere on the phone section:
dragnet, pelumiv, hayprof, Gsmxpert, aieromon, engrhamid, otikpoko, thom4pal, puskin

Pls I don't mean to bug any of you, but I'll like to know your thoughts on this. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 3:58pm On May 22
Teophilus96:

Wow. This is great to know.

But did you fix it in an apple approved store or something like that?

Thanks

I opened it and fixed it myself. I followed a guide on the ifixit website and I have the tools
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 4:00pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:

I opened it and fixed it myself. I followed a guide on the ifixit website and I have the tools

Wow. That's cool.

Although from my findings I don't think 8 plus have any issue with any "unknown part" like other models; they will not show the battery % after a fix. I just don't know if this is factual.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 4:10pm On May 22
MIRACULOUS123:

Too good to be true 😏

Pic 1. The two batteries I bought and tool set I ordered two pieces at the same time. The old one was 2691mah new one is 3400mah

Pic 2. The old battery

Pic 3. My order history. I changed the screen and battery at the same time.

I am using one of the batteries and keeping one for emmergency but I think I will rather sell it off now. If anyone needs extended battery for iPhone 8 plus please tell me.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 4:13pm On May 22
Teophilus96:

Wow. That's cool.

Although from my findings I don't think 8 plus have any issue with any "unknown part" like other models; they will not show the battery % after a fix. I just don't know if this is factual.

It's a lie. Mine showed 100% battery health on its phone settings but if I plug it into my macbook and check with it or the coconut battery app it will be showing 120% battery health
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 4:13pm On May 22
It lasts 2 complete days with full throttle use plus gaming now.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 4:16pm On May 22
It's 3400 mah on the aliexpress app but on the packaging they wrote 3700mah.

But I believe its real capacity is the 3700mah wink
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 4:20pm On May 22
MIRACULOUS123:

Too good to be true 😏

Do you still think I'm lying 🤥
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 4:22pm On May 22
Teophilus96:

Kindly share reasons why doubt him. I'll really appreciate it.

If he wants I can plug it into my pc to show him the battery percentage as proof.

The percentage is 120% at present. Unbelievable but true. It lasts as if I cannot kill it no matter how hard I try.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 4:30pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:

If he wants I can plug it into my pc to show him the battery percentage as proof.

The percentage is 120% at present. Unbelievable but true. It lasts as if I cannot kill it no matter how hard I try.

I believe you, you know why?

iPhones don't really have a base for telling the max capacity of all the batteries they produce. Your phone was probably slated to represent the Normal battery capacity for maybe 2600mah but because you now have about 3700mah, your phone will still be at 100% till when the battery has been used up for a long time to get the nominal capacity to 99%, you'll then see the change in the percentage by then.

I like the way you presented facts as well.

5 Likes

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 5:03pm On May 22
Teophilus96:

I believe you, you know why?

iPhones don't really have a base for telling the max capacity of all the batteries they produce. Your phone was probably slated to represent the Normal battery capacity for maybe 2600mah but because you now have about 3700mah, your phone will still be at 100% till when the battery has been used up for a long time to get the nominal capacity to 99%, you'll then see the change in the percentage by then.

I like the way you presented facts as well.

Exactly 💯

If I were you If follow my same footsteps. It will only take small time to deliver but you'd be getting more value for your money and your phone will perform wonderfully well for it.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 5:04pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:

Exactly 💯

If I were you If follow my same footsteps. It will only take small time to deliver but you'd be getting more value for your money and your phone will perform wonderfully well for it.

I'm looking at that too. Thanks man.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Lanretoye(m): 5:41pm On May 22
Oga come and buy follow come battery and forget about important battery message,what you need is a battery that will serve you.
If you battery is bad,the only thing is to get a replacement even though it won’t show the battery health,3utools can help you know the real percentage before you buy it.follow come battery performs better than the new one.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by thowbie7ven(m): 5:53pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:

Pic 1. The two batteries I bought and tool set I ordered two pieces at the same time. The old one was 2691mah new one is 3400mah

Pic 2. The old battery

Pic 3. My order history. I changed the screen and battery at the same time.

I am using one of the batteries and keeping one for emmergency but I think I will rather sell it off now. If anyone needs extended battery for iPhone 8 plus please tell me.

Please how did the battery get to you? Coz I once ordered a battery from AliExpress and never got to me...I later found out it was due to customs clearance issues....please how did yours managed to get to you?
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 6:08pm On May 22
Lanretoye:
Oga come and buy follow come battery and forget about important battery message,what you need is a battery that will serve you.
If you battery is bad,the only thing is to get a replacement even though it won’t show the battery health,3utools can help you know the real percentage before you buy it.follow come battery performs better than the new one.

Do you mean that no matter what battery you replace it with, it will no longer show the battery percentage??
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 6:14pm On May 22
thowbie7ven:
Please how did the battery get to you? Coz I once ordered a battery from AliExpress and never got to me...I later found out it was due to customs clearance issues....please how did yours managed to get to you?

I used 3rd party shipping option.
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 6:17pm On May 22
Lanretoye:

But my own iPhone 8 plus I used Chinese battery to replace is showing 100% battery health undecided

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Lanretoye(m): 6:18pm On May 22
Teophilus96:

Do you mean that no matter what battery you replace it with, it will no longer show the battery percentage??
do you want percentage or durability?,na wetin Dey make people go buy phones with boosted battery be that and after a short while when the battery shows its true color it would have been too late
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Lanretoye(m): 6:19pm On May 22
EmiloCorn:

But my own iPhone 8 plus I used Chinese battery to replace is showing 100% battery health undecided
you don’t get the issues up to iPhone X,you can replace without issues
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 6:26pm On May 22
Lanretoye:
do you want percentage or durability?,na wetin Dey make people go buy phones with boosted battery be that and after a short while when the battery shows its true color it would have been too late

Well, it's not as if I'm using the phone at the moment. I just dropped it since last year.

But the battery lasted wonderfully the 2 weeks I used it at a stretch after i installed just one of the 2 batteries. I haven't used it for up to 1 year steady to know its durability but if its for its ability to hold charge and last long I give it over 100 % guaranteed for now.

In fact, it's capacity, according to my computer is over 120% when I tested the two of them at first purchase.

Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by EmiloCorn: 6:26pm On May 22
Lanretoye:
you don’t get the issues up to iPhone X,you can replace without issues

Oh I see. I understand now
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Og2drake: 6:34pm On May 22
You can go for battery swap
Re: Who Has Successfully Replaced Their Iphone Battery? (pics Attached) by Teophilus96(m): 6:45pm On May 22
Lanretoye:

Sorry, I just need a direct answer. If replaced with a durable original apple battery, will the percentage still show?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Android Phone Should I Buy / Photos:check Out The Specs And Features Of The New HTC One A9 Handset / How To Reserve Your Ntel Sim Card And Also Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.