Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,746 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:55 AM

Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect (1875 Views)

Re: Heavy Shootings At Ministers Hill & Dantata Bridge In Abuja / Tinubu Bows To Greet Aminu Dantata, Governors Could Not Shake Him (Video) / Yemi Osinbajo Commissions Aminu Dantata Flyover, Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by muhammaduyusufu: 4:15pm On May 22
The beauty of Yoruba culture was again on display yesterday, Tuesday, May 19, 2024, when President Bola Tinubu bowed down to greet 93-year-old Alhaji Aminu Alhassan Dantata. Two things that the Yoruba respect. Age and authority. And because of that, God gives them a long life and the power of authority.

Please fact-check me: Southwest has the highest life expectancy in Nigeria and has wielded power as either Head of State, President, or Deputy more than any other ethnic group in Nigeria since 1960.

Are you aware, for instance, that until General Obasanjo took office on February 13, 1976, ALL of Nigeria's leaders had either been killed or violently overthrown? Tafawa-Balewa, Aguiyi-Ironsi, and Murtala Muhammed were killed, and Gowon was forcefully overthrown. Obasanjo was the first Nigerian leader to have a natural tenure.

Do you also realise that until Obasanjo returned, no other Nigerian leader had a natural tenure?

Shagari and Buhari were violently overthrown. Babangida was forced to step aside by nationwide violent protests. Shonekan was not really in charge. Abacha died in office. Abdulsalami was a caretaker for only nine months.

Until Obasanjo returned and stabilised the seat of power and, we have had twenty-five years of unbroken democracy. And that man, Obasanjo, has been involved in the making of all our Presidents since 1999, except Tinubu.

And last year, when he disgraced Oyo Obas on Friday, September 25, 2023, Obasanjo said they had to respect Governor Makinde because (he spoke in Yoruba) two things have sustained the Yoruba. Respect for age and authority.

I commend President Tinubu for his humility. And by this act of humility which shows the highest ethos of Omoluabi couture, I doubt God will allow anyone to remove him before 2027. And maybe beyond that!

A proud and arrogant people who believe in the power of money and aggressiveness, can hardly ever rise to power in Nigeria and elsewhere.

#TableShaker
https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1793287655968350488?t=KT6E_VrG7icWVYGPkd_EJA&s=19

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by immortalcrown(m): 4:16pm On May 22
A culture of respect indeed. I see it between elderly drivers and young LASMA officers. I see it between young bus conductors and elderly LASMA officers. I see it between owomida boys and elders.

However, salutation is not love.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by opamoses1: 4:19pm On May 22
It's called the culture of Omo Oluabi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Efuaye(m): 4:27pm On May 22
Does Reno have other jobs at all? Except he's earning money trolling online otherwise his gbeboro and amebo on every news is getting out of hands.

6 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by pharmagba: 4:28pm On May 22
It's aways a thing of pride to see elders being accorded respect.
It is much more good to see when those in position do this to our elders.
I remember as a little boy seeing my dad prostrate to his mum and I joyfully join him.

This tradition of the Omoluabi should be emulated, its not that we cannot disagree with our elders but we do so whilst still according them that respect. It is not difficult to achieve when one considers that we disagree with our bosses at work yet we don't insult them but respectfully express our dissent.
Money shouldn't be the criteria showing respect to the elders.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Goodvibes007: 4:29pm On May 22
immortalcrown:
A culture of respect indeed. I see it between elderly drivers and young LASMA officers. I see it between young bus conductors and elderly LASMA officers. I see it between owomida boys and elders.
This your post is coming from a place of envy. Lol.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by yarimo(m): 4:34pm On May 22
Hahahaha bitter Obidients will soon invade this thread with insults and provocative comment chaii😅😅

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by jmoore(m): 4:34pm On May 22
Greeting exists in all culture.

Reno Omonkey and bababluism.

Reno is a snake, he should have mentioned the life expectancy age. But he didn't so that his stupidity won't be obvious.

In Africa, Algeria had the highest life expectancy as of 2023. A newborn infant was expected to live 77.3 years in the country. Cape Verde, Tunisia, Mauritius, Morocco, and Seychelles followed, with a life expectancy between 76.9 and 75 years.

The average life expectancy at birth in the South-west Nigeria is 58.2 years.

Reno needs to visit Algeria, we may need to start greeting like Algerians to live long.

Nonsense and Ingredients

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by muhammaduyusufu: 4:35pm On May 22
jmoore:

Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by immortalcrown(m): 4:39pm On May 22
Goodvibes007:
Envy of what or who?
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by nedu666: 4:40pm On May 22
The hustle for appointment is real
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by WizardOfNG: 4:49pm On May 22
Goodvibes007:

Indeed. Very bitter and deep envy.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by WizardOfNG: 4:55pm On May 22
jmoore:

Of course. Yet not all greeting is good with our SE brethren showing the worst form of greeting known to man with how they greet their parents with slaps and kicks. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Putindbutt: 4:58pm On May 22
During the campaign, when Tinubu showed respect to Orji Kalu's mother, Bitter Obidients were everywhere tauting him for bowing to her, forgetting that it is a culture which is worthy of emulation instead of a culture of waking up one's parents with sliding kicks.

7 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by omowolewa: 4:59pm On May 22
Yowaaa
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Treasure17(m): 5:01pm On May 22
Majority are eye service.
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by WizardOfNG: 5:01pm On May 22
yarimo:
Hahahaha bitter Obidients will soon invade this thread with insults and provocative comment chaii😅😅

Very predictable and highly insecure lot. They cant stand it when others are commended and not them.

Especially their worst enemies on Earth they envy more than all others. I.e the Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by jmoore(m): 5:02pm On May 22
WizardOfNG:

Of course. Yet not all greeting is good with our SE brethren showing the worst form of greeting known to man with how they greet their parents with slaps and kicks. Lol.

Coming from wizards and witches that greet their parents by mining their skulls.
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by FreeStuffsNG: 5:06pm On May 22
[quote author=muhammaduyusufu post=130087468][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by WizardOfNG: 5:09pm On May 22
jmoore:

Coming from wizards and witches that greet their parents by mining their skulls.

Joromi Moore, how many times will I warn you about your fondness of redundant whataboutism?

Google:

"Igbos lack respect for elders" and "Yorubas lack respect for elders" to note the truth observed by even those not from either ethnic group lol.

Whataboutism and deflection can never save you uncouth lot from the awful truth of who you are. The aberrancy is in your DNA.

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by EzeChukwuIgbo: 5:19pm On May 22
God
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Antivirus92(m): 6:05pm On May 22
WizardOfNG:

is this not stale?
Wake up to reality, lying down on the ground to greet doesn't mean respect
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by commoditiesnig: 6:13pm On May 22
Very respectful of PBAT.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by adekolaelect(m): 6:35pm On May 22
Treasure17:
Majority are eye service.
statement from those that wake their parents with slid kicks.

1 Like

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Biglittlelois(f): 7:08pm On May 22
immortalcrown:

However, salutation is not love.

Must respect/salutation be showed/displayed ONLY to someone you love

2 Likes

Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by immortalcrown(m): 7:09pm On May 22
Biglittlelois:
Must respect/salutation be showed to ONLY someone you love
No. Why this question?
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Biglittlelois(f): 7:10pm On May 22
immortalcrown:
No. Why this question?

Because that is the interpretation of your first comment.
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by AcadaWriter: 7:11pm On May 22
It's called the culture of Omo Oluabi. ... Hello, need help with your academic papers? Contact us.
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by immortalcrown(m): 7:12pm On May 22
Biglittlelois:
Because that is the interpretation of your first comment.
If you don't have a serious problem with simple English, explain how your claim is implied in my comment.
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by Biglittlelois(f): 7:13pm On May 22
immortalcrown:
If you don't have a serious problem with simple English, explain how your claim is implied in my comment.

Lol, your first comment implied that Yoruba people respects people without love, is it not?
Re: Alhaji Dantata's Visit: Reno Hails The SW Culture Of Respect by immortalcrown(m): 7:15pm On May 22
Biglittlelois:
Lol, your first comment implied that Yoruba people respects people without love, is it not?
This is different from your first assertion. Either you obviously have a serious problem with English or you are inconsistent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The rate of poverty and unemployment in Nigeria / Bush Visits Nigeria / NCC Boss To Be Replaced From The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.