Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,706 members, 7,862,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Unreal Engine 5 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Unreal Engine 5 (481 Views)

How to import Rigged Characters From MB Lab To Unreal Engine 5 In Minutes . / Unreal Engine Game Developer Needed. / Unity 3d /unreal Engine Experts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unreal Engine 5 by Southshore: 4:32am On May 23
Hello my fellow programmers.

I just wonder, is here many people with skills in Unreal Engine 4 or 5 Bluprint programming?
And personal computer?
Becouse you have to have quite good computer to be able to code on unreal engine, and it is quite expensive.

If you have computer for unreal angine and can code in unreal engine reply, lets see if there are many people.
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Sheriman(m): 7:01am On May 23
Southshore:
Hello my fellow programmers.

I just wonder, is here many people with skills in Unreal Engine 4 or 5 Bluprint programming?
And personal computer?
Becouse you have to have quite good computer to be able to code on unreal engine, and it is quite expensive.

If you have computer for unreal engine and can code in unreal engine reply, lets see if there are many people.
Where you wan see dem. Game development is capital intensive for average Nigerians except you come from a rich family and you have parents who understands your ambition, support finance your gaming tech career. As a game developer in Nigeria you need these:
High end Laptop that will run unreal engine is damn expensive from 800K to 1million above
You need steady electricity that will power your gaming system because most gaming laptop are not that strong. Maybe you go for Solar or Generator
Graphics drawing tablet.
Good ergonomic chair and working table
Money for data and food.
You hardly see Nigerians in this field bro! They are scarce

2 Likes

Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Southshore: 7:34pm On May 23
Sheriman:

Where you wan see dem. Game development is capital intensive for average Nigerians except you come from a rich family and you have parents who understands your ambition, support finance your gaming tech career. As a game developer in Nigeria you need these:
High end Laptop that will run unreal engine is damn expensive from 800K to 1million above
You need steady electricity that will power your gaming system because most gaming laptop are not that strong. Maybe you go for Solar or Generator
Graphics drawing tablet.
Money for data and food.

I mean, coming from nearly same level of economics, I seen many people who can do it.

Instead of laptop you can have a low end PC that will run UE5, not that expensive.
Graphix tablet need only for art, PC is enought for blueprints.

About electicty, do you have problem with it in Nigeria?
Do you have expensive data as well? Not chep good internet wifi?
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Southshore: 7:39pm On May 23
BTW is there no IT GameDev jobs in Nigeria?
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Southshore: 7:40pm On May 23
You can work online I mean.
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Alphabyte3: 8:17pm On May 23
Southshore:
You can work online I mean.

Relocate abroad is the only way to build games for Santa Monica studio, Activision Blizzard ,electronic art , and Gameloft . Being an indie game developer you need a good project because the market is competitive. I advice you to use unity because unreal spec isn't built for low PC and Nvidia GeForce GPU
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Southshore: 10:03pm On May 23
Alphabyte3:

Relocate abroad is the only way to build games for Santa Monica studio, Activision Blizzard ,electronic art , and Gameloft . Being an indie game developer you need a good project because the market is competitive. I advice you to use unity because unreal spec isn't built for low PC and Nvidia GeForce GPU

Do you not have small game startups there in Nigeria? That hire new ppl?
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Alphabyte3: 10:28pm On May 23
Southshore:

Do you not have small game startups there in Nigeria? That hire new ppl?

I don't know any game startup in Nigeria .
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:58am On May 24
How are you gonna get a job after learning the game development in Nigeria grin grin cheesy
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Bongadu: 7:51am On May 24
tensazangetsu20:
How are you gonna get a job after learning the game development in Nigeria grin grin cheesy

The same way you apply for software engineering jobs
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Sheriman(m): 3:31pm On May 24
Southshore:

I mean, coming from nearly same level of economics, I seen many people who can do it.

Instead of laptop you can have a low end PC that will run UE5, not that expensive.
Graphix tablet need only for art, PC is enought for blueprints.

About electicty, do you have problem with it in Nigeria?
Do you have expensive data as well? Not chep good internet wifi?
I am talking from experience guy. No try 3D animation with low end laptop na frustration you go dey see or if you just want to play around not taking it serious. 3D animation is damn capital intensive.
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Lordbinsmar: 3:43pm On May 24
tensazangetsu20:

Nothing in life is fully guaranteed. Everything is all about trying.
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Hannania(m): 7:43pm On May 24
Lordbinsmar:

Nothing in life is fully guaranteed. Everything is all about trying.
Mention two game development companies or startups in Nigeria
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:12pm On May 24
Hannania:

Probably they are learning it out of passion. It's been long I saw anyone say they are learning anything out of passion. Tinubu regime grin grin grin. Back then, that was all the rave here then that you needed passion to succeed
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Lordbinsmar: 1:15am On May 25
Hannania:

Does the world start and end in Nigeria shocked
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Unity01: 3:53am On May 25
Sheriman:

Graphics drawing tablet.
Money for data and food.

It's not as expensive as it may seem
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Unity01: 3:55am On May 25
tensazangetsu20:

Funny enough, if you learn game dev and become good at it, you may not even need a job. They're many ways to earn in this field....in as much as getting a job is really good, not every skill ends in getting a job

1 Like

Re: Unreal Engine 5 by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:56am On May 25
Unity01:

Funny enough, if you learn game dev and become good at it, you may not even need a job. They're many ways to earn in this field....in as much as getting a job is really good, not every skill ends in getting a job

grin grin grin grin
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by CaveAdullam: 10:49am On May 25
tensazangetsu20:

grin grin grin grin

It is the same mentality we had about some decades ago when picking courses of choice to study in the university.

We wanted to be classified as undergraduates as fast as possible. Ignored reputable but difficult courses and settled down with what "they offer me vs what I preferred".

We came up with different rationalizations to justify why we were studying such courses even though it led to an end we wouldn't like (in retrospect). No course/knowledge is meaningless. However, there are factors that will unfurl its usefulness. E.g Geography, capital, space, etc.

We always think we are the exception. That when it gets to our turn, things will change for the better. However, life doesn't work that way. Better to be realistic and pragmatic upfront than wishing wishing.

That's what I've observed about you though. You think from the worst position and plan ahead. Instead of hoping on a delightful position that leads to vacillating expectations.

Except that man is pursuing game development as a hobby or has planned on reasonable ways to sustain and maneuver till he claims the trophy, he wouldn't survive the game.

When it comes to money, you must obtain skills you can leverage on both local and domestic scales, before the big victory. It doesn't matter whether you like the skill or hate the skill. You don't even need to like it. "Na money be the koko".

But they will always read it as a form of discouragement. They are right though.

You just need to let people act the way they want to. Experience is the best teacher, but never leaves without scars which would have been avoidable by pragmatism.

Geography is an important factor when considering these skills. Many don't know this. Just learn any "kini Kon" and expect a magic job thereafter. Lol.

Having a particular skill as a passion or for hobby is good. But if it wouldn't bring money immediately, it's good you opt for another and carry your passion by the side; give it full-time when you're balanced.

Anyways, every man to his choices.

Thanks.

PS:Sent you a DM.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Hannania(m): 3:24pm On May 25
tensazangetsu20:

Probably they are learning it out of passion. It's been long I saw anyone say they are learning anything out of passion. Tinubu regime grin grin grin. Back then, that was all the rave here then that you needed passion to succeed
If it's passion, I totally understand. These things need experience. Where will you get it in Nigeria? The game industry has developed so well that mediocre apps will not be looked at twice. Maybe the guy has excess money to try his luck sha.
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Hannania(m): 3:26pm On May 25
Lordbinsmar:

Does the world start and end in Nigeria shocked
The person wants to start a career here. The gaming industry is not flexible as other coding domains. Remote work is not for a newbie in this field.

1 Like

Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Shomek(m): 7:39pm On May 26
Alphabyte3:

I don't know any game startup in Nigeria .
hello sir I want to ask you some questions about a webserver
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Alphabyte3: 7:25pm On May 27
Shomek:
hello sir I want to ask you some questions about a webserver

Alright what is the question
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Shomek(m): 5:58pm On May 28
Alphabyte3:

Alright what is the question
I created a php file for connection to database
and i have created the database before doing that

i tried opening the connect.php but it not loading at all.
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Alphabyte3: 8:41pm On May 28
Shomek:
I created a php file for connection to database
and i have created the database before doing that

i tried opening the connect.php but it not loading at all.

Did you start the server and make sure your internet is on http://0.0.0.0:8080/mysqladmin
The full code will be in htdocs both are running
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Shomek(m): 8:49pm On May 28
Alphabyte3:

Did you start the server and make sure your internet is on http://0.0.0.0:8080/mysqladmin
The full code will be in htdocs both are running
Yes every thing is on
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Alphabyte3: 9:05pm On May 28
Shomek:
Yes every thing is on

I think the problem from connection string fix it
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Shomek(m): 10:08pm On May 28
Alphabyte3:

I think the problem from connection string fix it
The password and the username is correct

do you know any other webserver for android ?
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Alphabyte3: 10:13pm On May 28
Shomek:
The password and the username is correct

do you know any other webserver for android ?

Ksweb
Re: Unreal Engine 5 by Shomek(m): 10:16pm On May 28
Alphabyte3:

Ksweb
But it not free I have done research about it

(1) (Reply)

Ways To Make Your Magento Store Ready For High Traffic / Core Bank System With CBN Report / Which Is More Profitable In Nigeria. Network Engineering Or Software Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.