Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

How To Get Rid Of Fake Window Restore Virus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Get Rid Of Fake Window Restore Virus (849 Views)

How To Restore Window 7 As In Fresh Install / "My Removable Device" Shortcut Virus - Help / I-worm/brontok.a Please Help Me Get Rid Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Fake Window Restore Virus by iGuru1(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2011
A few days ago, my client reported that: "I seem to have a virus/spyware/malware on my computer. The virus/malware showed up yesterday, and within minutes completely delete my hard drive, all , my desktop is empty , I’m left with a blank desktop and no Documents / Files / Music / Pictures / Programs etc, and all of my programs are deleted , the spyware preventing me from using any antivirus/spyware programs to scan my computer."
I checked my client's computer , the computer is infected by Windows Restore spyware, it didn’t delete those files it just made the files attribute as “hidden”, and did the same thing with desktop shortcuts, all of your folders and everything.
Read More >>>
http://technonigeria..com/2011/11/how-to-get-rid-of-fake-window-restore.html

(1) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Buy A Fairly Used Ipad? / Needed: Project Topic Suggestions / Devices Of Computer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.