Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,840 members, 7,866,274 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 02:13 PM

Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run (24743 Views)

AFCON: Nigeria's Victory Over Egypt Break The Pharaoh's 16-Game Unbeaten Record / Liverpool's 68-Game Unbeaten Home Run Comes To An End / Super Eagles Players React To Unbeaten Run In World Cup Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Joy2dworldxyz: 11:59am On May 23
AImiron:
Actually, no player has ever scored a hat trick in any European Cup final, not even in the UCL.

You don't mean it??
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Afonja007: 12:11pm On May 23
Eriokanmi:
Nice. I call him African Maradona. His look and shape with amazing skills are a replica of the football legend. Same guy who made us shine at the recent afcon. We for no reach anywhere. Kudos to our brave goalie too
una don start african Maradona african Messi make una allow him concentrate
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Banbanna(m): 12:24pm On May 23
That Boniface guy dey try sha but not that spectacular. Same with his goals. He looks like a lazy striker to me.
For me, I'd rather let Osimhen, Lookman & Terem Moffi lead SE attack.
I was really happy for Lookman for ending what could have been a rather disappointing season (losing the AFCON & COPPA ITALIA finals) with such a fantastic/memorable performance.
As for Victor, he's done really well for himself and we'll likely be rounding up such a historic season with two trophies.
e316:
My first instinct was to support Bayern Leverkusen because of Boniface, but I was surprised to see Lookman in the Atalanta lineup when the teams made their entrance to the pitch. I thought he was still playing for an EPL club.

The disappointment of seeing Boniface on the bench made it easy for me to eventually choose the team to support before the kickoff because I became angry with the Leverkusen coach for relegating a star player and scorer like Boniface on the bench on such an important European final.

Congratulations to Ademola Lookman for making us proud!

Better luck next time, Boniface!

2 Likes

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Bimpe29: 12:28pm On May 23
Congratulations Atalanta, Congratulations Lookman!

Xabi Alonso's Bayern Leverkusen really had a sensational season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Kukutente23: 12:41pm On May 23
Treasure17:
Good one. Arsenal's invincible still the best.
arsenal was only 49 matches with a lot of draws and it was only in the league
Leverkusen is far better

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by psalmylee(m): 12:43pm On May 23
bliizz:
That dude Lookman deserve some accolades ...Man was on fire last night

Xabi Alonso thought He would do try and luck on Atalanta last night...benched key players in a final against a team that is thirsty for a trophy 🏆
Congratulations to Atalanta

how will u play a one leg final without a striker..that was is mistake lastnight and the atalanta coach his so experienced that he was countering every sub Alonso made with his own sub almost immediately..
Guardiola also made same error in 2021
Playing without a striker in 2021 champions league final against Chelsea..
It costed him that game also..
He Alonso has learnt the hard way
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Kukutente23: 12:56pm On May 23
The biggest congrats goes to Gasperini

Man finally gets a reward he richly deserves after all these years.

There are a lot of brilliant coaches who hardly ever gets recognition for their works. Ralf Rangnick, Bielsa and this Gasperini are some of the names.

It's good to see one of such win a major trophy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Kukutente23: 12:59pm On May 23
AImiron:
Actually, no player has ever scored a hat trick in any European Cup final, not even in the UCL.
That's a lie. At least you have Google on your phone. Use it.

He's the first player to score an hatrick in Europa league final not European football final

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by AImiron: 1:38pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

That's a lie. At least you have Google on your phone. Use it.

He's the first player to score an hatrick in Europa league final not European football final
do you have a problem with comprehension?

2 Likes

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by AImiron: 1:39pm On May 23
Joy2dworldxyz:

You don't mean it??
Yes, he is the first player to do it. I wish that mumu player had given him that pass last night; he could have scored 4 goals.
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Kukutente23: 1:44pm On May 23
AImiron:
do you have a problem with comprehension?
That question should be put to you. A player has scored an hatrick in a European Cup final before

1 Like

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by deyplay: 1:57pm On May 23
Joy2dworldxyz:

Na your born?
Where u dear when Dem born am?
Wandsworth, England
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by AImiron: 1:59pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

That question should be put to you. A player has scored an hatrick in a European Cup final before
I expected you to back it up with fact. Lookman is the first..... Use that your Google first.
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by AskNgige2: 2:27pm On May 23
chicfarmer:
Great night for Lookman. Well done Boniface.
E be like boniface no play that match last night ?
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by AskNgige2: 2:29pm On May 23
Joy2dworldxyz:
Lookman singlehandedly ended it

As in eh, been long someone scored a hat trick in an European cup finals.

Congrats to Nigerian born Ademola Lookman, the only Igbo man with Yuruba name.

Who says he is an Igbo man?

No be babayaro o
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by DSpokesMan(m): 2:53pm On May 23
bliizz:
That dude Lookman deserve some accolades ...Man was on fire last night

Xabi Alonso thought He would do try and luck on Atalanta last night...benched key players in a final against a team that is thirsty for a trophy 🏆
Congratulations to Atalanta

The Nigerian Nightmare did the damage

In the words of Peter Drury, it was the night of his dreams; the night of his life.

The fairy tale run has finally ended!
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Kukutente23: 3:30pm On May 23
AImiron:
I expected you to back it up with fact. Lookman is the first..... Use that your Google first.
You are always here making noise as if you know anything.

Google Jupp Heynckes 1975 Uefa cup final
Also google Alfredo Di Stefano for European cup final hattrick. Olodo
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by chicfarmer: 4:16pm On May 23
AskNgige2:

E be like boniface no play that match last night ?
Played 45mins but did not start.

2 Likes

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by BJanta: 4:38pm On May 23
Joy2dworldxyz:

It's either u use the word or the symbol.

Fire or....

You're really jobless if all you come here to do is this. Why can't you gather all your wife's undies and begin to wash them for a more productive engagement.
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Thryphosa(m): 4:49pm On May 23
seunlayi:
We are proud of you

Help me show your Love to this guy

Congratulations Lookman! See as my children dey ask funny questions on the picture of Lookman you uploaded "Why is fire burning his legs? Did he die? Children can ask funny questions.

3 Likes

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Joy2dworldxyz: 4:58pm On May 23
BJanta:

You're really jobless if all you come here to do is this. Why can't you gather all your wife's undies and begin to wash them for a more productive engagement.

Lamoa......

Na so small thing dey pain u? Just a harmless correction o!!
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Josephkabila12: 6:09pm On May 23
Thank you my brother Ademola Lookman
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by seunlayi(m): 6:58pm On May 23
Thryphosa:

Congratulations Lookman! See as my children dey ask funny questions on the picture of Lookman you uploaded "Why is fire burning his legs? Did he die? Children can ask funny questions.
lol. That's how we were then grin

3 Likes

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by PHAYOL81: 7:07pm On May 23
What a moment for him? He was surely surreal all game long.
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by AImiron: 8:40pm On May 23
Kukutente23:

You are always here making noise as if you know anything.

Google Jupp Heynckes 1975 Uefa cup final
Also google Alfredo Di Stefano for European cup final hattrick. Olodo
Oponu ni baba e, your head empty pass korofo, olofo .. stay off my mention oloribu omo arsenal 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by Kukutente23: 9:01pm On May 23
AImiron:
Oponu ni baba mi, your head empty pass korofo, olofo .. stay off my mention oloribu omo arsenal 🤣🤣
You this uncouth little bastard. Is this how you and your father throw banters at home?

You better tell your mother to show you your real father. Almoron
Re: Atalanta & Lookman End Leverkusen's 51-Game Unbeaten Run by ogbonti: 2:03am On May 24
dominique:
If only the super eagles had won AFCON gold, Lookman would have easily been a strong contender CAF player of the year.

He is the best contender for APOY 2024 --- He scored great goals leading to the finals of AFCON -- He played in the AFCON finals --- He won 2 player of the match awards in AFCON -- Now he won the EUROPA CUP BREAKING HATTRICK RECORDS --- Who is better than him in Africa right now ? grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diego Maradona's Death: Fernandez Declares 3-Day National Mourning In Argentina / Joseph Yobo Celebrates His Mother's Birthday, Shares Adorable Photo With Her / Messi & Ronaldo Lead FIFA 20 TOTY Nominations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.