Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:22 PM

Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? (577 Views)

Obiano: I Am The Only Nigerian Governor Who Does Not Receive Monthly Salary / Osun: Aregbesola, Loyalists Bow To Pressure, Cancel 10th Anniversary Celebration / Nnamdi Kanu Replies Junaid Mohammed: IPOB Not Ohaneze, PANDEF That Bow To Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 4:50pm On May 23
Two days ago, there was a topic here on a visit by Alhaji Dantata to the President.

nairalandkachy1:

President Bola Tinubu Receives Elder Statesman and Chairman of Dantata Group of Companies, Alhaji Aminu Dantata During Courtesy Visit at the Presidential Villa, Abuja
https://www.nairaland.com/8100448/tinubu-welcomes-kano-billionaire-aminu

I saw the pictures posted and people were surprised on how the billionaire was tall shocked

Today, I saw this picture. Is it okay for the President to bow to an individual I want those who understand protocol to comment. I know it will be impossible to avoid those who only think about politics, those who don't like President Tinubu and those who like him to death.

Are we following protocol If anyone has a picture of Buhari bowing, I will like to see it. Is this culture or tradition?Where do we draw the line? If Nigeria has a young President at age 30, does he bow or we will say he is rude

nlfpmod

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 4:54pm On May 23
Presdient Jonathan was criticised for these pictures when he went on pilgrimage and when he was campaigning for re election.

Those who criticized him said he maybe forgot he is representing Nigeria and not himself as GCFR. Who does the GCFR bow to

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by brain54(m): 4:58pm On May 23
Usually it's against protocol...

But I think this was a reflex action from the president.

Sometimes you unconsciously forget these things!
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 5:00pm On May 23
In the U.S., the President receives flak when he bows. Nigeria is copying the US Presidential form of government undecided

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 5:02pm On May 23
brain54:
Usually it's against protocol...

But I think this was a reflex action from the president.
Sometimes you unconsciously forget these things!

This was what I thought too. He respects him so much and he must have forgotten about it for a moment. That picture was not on The Presidency's release but guess who Nigerian Tribune cited as source lipsrsealed
And I don't need to ask why Tribune put it on their front page. For the records.
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by helinues: 5:09pm On May 23
Perhaps, he could have slapped those who are older than him

undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 5:18pm On May 23
The only record of President Buhari bowing was at the National Assembly after presenting the budget, a tradition President Jonathan gave Okonjo-Iweala to perform on his behalf cry

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Elzazzi: 5:30pm On May 23
I see nothing wrong with that picture. Dantata is a big fish and one of the eminent power brokers up North.
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 5:47pm On May 23
Before the white man came we had culture.
The white man brought government and protocol.

In Africa we respect our elders and we have different ways of showing that respect.

It is obvious you are of the Igbo tribe.
That is the only tribe known for not having respect for elders.

In other tribes respect for elders is paramount.

1 Like

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by olisaEze(m): 5:52pm On May 23
It is against protocol for the president of Nigeria to bow to anyone, but protocols can be broken. Could that pic not be a pre-election shot? Our journalists are not beyond starting a political scandal with an old photograph and their unusual love for sensationalism.
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 5:52pm On May 23
papyjaypaul:
The only record of President Buhari bowing was at the National Assembly after presenting the budget, a tradition President Jonathan gave Okonjo-Iweala to perform on his behalf cry

President Buhari is older than all these people you posted
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Bardo: 6:05pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

In Africa we respect our elders and we have different ways of showing that respect.

Imagine lying down on the ground at another man’s feet just because they are older than you. What is the gain?

Nobody cares how old you are, it’s what you did with your life that warrants respect
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 6:16pm On May 23
Bardo:

Imagine lying down on the ground at another man’s feet just because they are older than you. What is the gain?

Nobody cares how old you are, it’s what you did with your life that warrants respect

Well like I said aside the igbos, the rest of us Nigerians respect our elders.

You seem not to notice that in my first comment.

I have my uncled whos childrens school fees I pay, I have uncles I jave built houses for and some help comeplete their houses or help renovate. But I can never sit down to greet them be it in my house.

If I travek to the village and kill a goat I will never take a piece before the eldest person on the table, i can eat outside no doubt but sitting on that table, my money, my goat, my house, from my kitchen but I will never take a piece of that meat on that table untill the eldest person does......

We are Africans we respect our elders.

Unlike the Igbos who only respect money (stolen mostly)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 6:25pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

President Buhari is older than all these people you posted
Ex-President Obasanjo is older than Mr Buhari.
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 6:29pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

Do you know that in your first paragraph, I posted something similar few weeks ago on another topic on NL When I was posting this topic, I remembered it but I have seen that even if you are intellectual, I cannot learn from you since you have assumed my tribe. Again, what has my tribe got to do with the topic You guys make Nairaland tiring and whether you are Masai, Hausa or Yoruba, once you write your last few paragraphs, I have no respect for you because you are not different than the people you think you are correcting. The most dangerous thing in life is to assume, the second most dangerous thing is to be blinded by bias. You are a blind man walking when you do the 2 because you will learn nothing and teach nothing.

This was my comment on the other post but I will not engage with you again since out of the mind comes the words you speak and write
https://www.nairaland.com/8058908/kwankwaso-knelt-down-while-greeting#129392868

papyjaypaul:
How's a culture black man and backwardness? Some of you hate yourself and look for everything to blame

If the white man tells you to use left hand and some crazy rules just to eat food, it is progress but when we eat with our hands, it's inanities. Don't be a slave.

A man without identity is a nobody. The earlier you realise that, the faster you discover yourself. You don't have anything that belongs to you that is unique, you want to imitate people that don't have values, culture and tradition and think you are progressing. The joke is on you
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by brain54(m): 6:32pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

I have my uncled whos childrens school fees I pay, I have uncles I jave built houses for and some help comeplete their houses or help renovate. But I can never sit down to greet them be it in my house.

If I travek to the village and kill a goat I will never take a piece before the eldest person on the table, i can eat outside no doubt but sitting on that table, my money, my goat, my house, from my kitchen but I will never take a piece of that meat on that table untill the eldest person does......

Are you the president...?

Protocol is protocol... Stop talking about your village meetings.

Protocol directs how the president should act in public.

And stop bringing tribalism to every thing.

It's disgusting!
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 8:51pm On May 23
papyjaypaul:

Ex-President Obasanjo is older than Mr Buhari.
Read what I said again...

Is ex president Obasanjo in any of the pictures here?
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 8:54pm On May 23
brain54:

Are you the president...?

Protocol is protocol... Stop talking about your village meetings.

Protocol directs how the president should act in public.

And stop bringing tribalism to every thing.

It's disgusting!

I am not the president but as you can see the president also shares the same ideology, hence his show of respect.
If the number citizen is still humble enough to show respect.
Its a nobody like you that feela your opinion counts.
You can go ahead and slap your elders in the morning, your tribe is very well known for that
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by papyjaypaul: 9:00pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

Read what I said again...

Is ex president Obasanjo in any of the pictures here?

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by brain54(m): 9:52pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

I am not the president but as you can see the president also shares the same ideology, hence his show of respect.
If the number citizen is still humble enough to show respect.
Its a nobody like you that feela your opinion counts.
You can go ahead and slap your elders in the morning, your tribe is very well known for that
Why do you assume you know my tribe...?

Who is talking of slapping anybody?

Protocols are simple rules and standards that normally govern behavior or procedures in a specific context. Get it?

They are certain ways a president of a country isn't expected to act in public. Understand?

The president bowing in that picture is a one-off situation where he probably forgot protocol.

Is bowing the only way to show respect to the elderly?

Na wah for you...

In the pictures above can you see ex president obasanjo bowing to then president buhari even though obasanjo is older?

When obasanjo was in president it was the other way around.

Simply because it's the protocol of the office. It's actually the office that Is respected and not the person.

Get it now?

Na you get respect pass na...Who your respect help!

1 Like

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Bardo: 10:17pm On May 23
Exousiang01:

This is not respect, these are just gestures.

If you like go and jump off a cliff because someone is your elder.

Respect is gained.
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by DMerciful(m): 2:15am On May 24
He had to bow esp because he lacks legitimacy.

He knows he did not win so he is just pretending to be president. He is president for Yorubas only
helinues:
Perhaps, he could have slapped those who are older than him

undecided
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Tflex01: 2:40am On May 24
DMerciful:
He had to bow esp because he lacks legitimacy.

He knows he did not win so he is just pretending to be president. He is president for Yorubas only

So who is your own president?

🤣

1 Like

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by LordIsaac(m): 3:28am On May 24
Exousiang01:

I’m honestly surprised at the last line of his submission. Why should regard for an elder or anyone for that matter be predicated upon material possessions? I now understand why Nigeria’s image is on a downward spiral.
Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 9:49am On May 24
LordIsaac:

I’m honestly surprised at the last line of his submission. Why should regard for an elder or anyone for that matter be predicated upon material possessions? I now understand why Nigeria’s image is on a downward spiral.

Dont ask me ask the Igbos....
I drive myself, the gentle man who drives my children is call him bros he iw older than me by about 10 years.
Respecr shouldn't be about money.
But that is the case in the East.

You will hear "how much you get?" Everywhere when you visit the east, a statement you will most probably never hear in any other part of the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Does the Nigerian President Bow To??? by Exousiang01(m): 9:52am On May 24
Bardo:

This is not respect, these are just gestures.

If you like go and jump off a cliff because someone is your elder.

Respect is gained.
LoL so when you meet a man who is obviously old enough to be your father at an event you start treating him like an equal until he gains your respect?

His age is not enough for you to respect him....

LoL.

Whats the difference bettween you and animals.

LoL children

(1) (Reply)

There Hasn't Been A Government In Nigeria For Ages / Is Farook Abdulmutallab A Nigerian? / Nigeria; With Or Without Yar'adua: What Difference Does It Make?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.