Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,356 members, 7,868,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Don't Get Sc*mmed When Buying Lands/house - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Don't Get Sc*mmed When Buying Lands/house (61 Views)

Lands, House And Some Other Crazy Offer / Contact Us Today for Lands,House and other Property Matters in Asaba 09058818181 / A Comprehensive Review Of Ibeju Lekki And Guide To Buying Lands In The Area (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Get Sc*mmed When Buying Lands/house by Mrclement1(m): 4:58pm On May 23
Hey family my name is Clement and I'm the founder of Land Next Door. I'm here to talk about few things about buying landed properties and Real Estate in general so you don't get sc*mmed.

I believe a lot of you has seen so many properties been demolished by government especially in Lagos, Abuja, Asaba etc.

You reading this post right now, I know the question that comes to your mind is. Should we stop buying properties? 🤔 The answer is capital letter NO👎

Stay with me as I reveal some secrets to you due to experience. Now hear me, promoting property is beyond carrying phone or camera to the sites to make videos. The question the realtor or agent should ask his or her self is, is the property you're promoting legit? Does the land belongs to the government? Is the property contravening the right of way? Is the property sitting on drainage? Have you taken the land or property coordinate? Is the person selling the real owner?

I started real estate in March 2024, I was going to start promoting properties but I said to myself, it's better to learn what real estate is all about and become a professional and honest realtor than carrying my phone camera to the sites to make videos. It's better to sell property that will give people peace of mind in the future than making millions.

Most of the lands in Nigeria don't even have good title, some don't have survey plan, some houses don't have building plan approval, the list goes on. That is why I always tell my clients to always allow us to do our due diligence before making payment because at the end of the day, it's not all about making money, it's about you having peace of mind.

Now let's look at what happened in Mende-Ogudu, the demolition that we all saw on IG and other social media platforms. Lagos State government has gazetted about 230 Square meters for drainage which means nobody is allowed to build anything around this 230 SQM but some scrupulous developers and landlord still went ahead to buy and build houses there. The gazetted area was done by Brig. Gen Mobolaji Johnson in 1974, now that the deed has been done, Gov Sanwo Olu had to reduced the 230 SQM to 100SQM and told the landlords to evaluate the area since 2023 but this landlords never bother to inform their tenants which I believe those are the people crying on social media. So painful seeing those innocent people crying.

Why am I writing this? I'm writing this to safe the innocent people and investors out there, it's not easy to make money, as a professional and honest realtor it's my duty to make sure people are safe when buying properties.

Now let's proceed. Before you buy that property of your dream, make sure you work with a realtor who's not after your money but a realtor who care about you. Some realtor even go as far as sending their own bank account details instead of the property's owners bank details. I have seen so many cases where real estate agent run away with buyer's money so please don't fall for this sc*m.

Another thing so many people are afraid of is. Some people keep asking me, are the Igbos been targeted in Lagos? Lol

No not all. This got nothing to do with tribe at all, I'm an Igbo man so you're hearing this from an Igbo man, regardless of your tribe if you don't do the right thing, then trust me, there will be a problem.

Remember, I told you that I'm the founder of Land Next Door? Yes I am. In Land Next Door we make sure we do our due diligence, from charting the land, to checking the status of the property before payment.

Please if you are looking for landed property or house to buy, make sure you get the necessary documents right before you start projects but if you've already bought, then make sure to perfect the title, get building plan approval.

Lagos State still remain the best place to invest because like you already know, it's a commercial city and a business hub, remember the infrastructure such as international airport, seaport, refinery, companies etc.

If you want to work with us you can book appointments on this number 09058309540. The number is always on WhatsApp.

Follow us on all social media platforms @landnextdoor and let's help you to secure the property of your dream. Cheers 🍻 👏 ✌️ 🥂

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy Children's Day / Commercial Properties In Epe Lagos For Sales / Shriram Thirumazhisai Plots Is New Launch Of Luxurious Living In Chennai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.