Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,129 members, 7,867,270 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

I Go With Obi Irrespective Of Who Goes Against Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Go With Obi Irrespective Of Who Goes Against Him (105 Views)

Buhari: No Election Winner Will Be Denied His Mandate, Irrespective Of Party / Obasanjo And Peter Obi Condole With Obi Ezeude CEO Of Beloxxi's Family / 2019: Atiku Under Fire Over ‘extravagant Trip’ To Dubai With Obi, Ben Bruce, Oth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Go With Obi Irrespective Of Who Goes Against Him by Redhot111(m): 8:06pm On May 23
News
Headlines
History
International
Religion
Metro
Opinion
Sports
Football Highlights
World
Business
Bank Rates
Black Market
Politics
Education
Jobs
Info NG
Nysc News, N-Power Updates
How To
Wiki
E-News
Music
Dj MixTapes
Gospel Music
Tech
Phone Specifications
Facts
Videos
Music Videos
Comedy
Lifestyle
Nollywood Movies
Movies

News
Headlines
History
International
Religion
Metro
Opinion
Sports
Football Highlights
World
Business
Bank Rates
Black Market
Politics
Education
Jobs
Info NG
How To
Wiki
E-News
Music
Dj MixTapes
Gospel Music
Tech
Phone Specifications
Facts
Videos
Music Videos
Comedy
Lifestyle
Nollywood Movies
Movies

Politics
Peter Obi Makes Position Known As Kenneth Okonkwo Dumps Julius Abure-Led Labour Party
2 days ago
by Sunnex Egbu

The Labour Party (LP) presidential candidate in the 2023 general election, Peter Obi, has declared his unwavering support for the party’s National Working Committee (NWC), which is led by Julius Abure.
Obi said this was important to secure the party’s future.

Ads by Ad.Plus
During a solidarity visit to the party leadership at the National Headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday, Peter Obi stressed the necessity of safeguarding the party’s existence and encouraged unity among disgruntled party members.

The former Governor of Anambra State stressed the need to prioritize the well-being of Nigerians and the nation over personal interests.

Obi mentioned that he had visited the national secretariat to meet with the chairman and expressed his commitment to tirelessly work towards reconciling all conflicting factions, emphasizing the importance of unity for the party’s triumph.

He emphasized that Nigeria’s obstacles primarily revolved around the development of human capital, encompassing areas such as food security, education, healthcare, and access to clean water.

“For now, let us talk about how we are going to survive because we politicians always focus on the next election and not on human beings.

“Let us focus on Nigeria, and see that Nigeria works, if Nigeria is working, the Labour party will work. If Nigeria fails, the Labour Party will fail,” Obi said.

In his response, Julius Abure, the national chairman of the party, expressed gratitude for the visit of the party members and the presidential candidate. He emphasized the importance of unity among the different factions that had differing opinions about the Nnewi convention.

Abure urged them to put aside their individual interests and focus on working together for the party’s success in the upcoming election season.

He said, “I want to say this very clearly, the convention has come and gone; all those who are still angry with us over the Nnewi convention, we want to appeal to them to come together to work with us to build the party for a new Nigeria that has a vision.

“I believe very strongly that personal interest should be put aside and pursue a new Nigeria that will work for all.”

On his part, the Chairman of the Party, Federal Capital Territory Chapter, Peter Dugwu, said the chapter would work with the NWC and promised a successful working at the area councils’ elections.

Meanwhile, Nollywood actor cum politician, Kenneth Okonkwo, has announced he is suspending his relationship with the Julius Abure-led National Working Committee of the Labour Party (LP).

He argued that for him, a new Nigeria is a priority, and he prefers to lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.

Okonkwo, who was the spokesperson for the Labour Party Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Council in the 2023 election, in a post via his X account on Tuesday, said the current Abure-led National Working Committee of the Labour Party is another incompetent and corrupt association, just like the All Progressives Congress (APC) he left before.

According to him, the national convention organized by Abure is nothing but criminality and corruption.

... reads: “I am suspending my relationship in all ramifications with the purported Abure-led National Working Committee of Labour Party.

“For me, it’s either a new Nigeria or nothing. I prefer to lose doing the right thing to winning doing the wrong thing.

“Nothing can wash out the criminality, corruption, and incompetence with which the purported National Convention was purportedly organised by Abure.

“I did not leave the comfort of a ruling party APC because I believe that they are incompetent and dishonest only to come and join another incompetent and corrupt association, which is the current Abure-led National Working Committee of Labour Party.”

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

breaking nigerian politics political news
FacebookXWhatsAppLinkedIn
You may also like
‘I’m Not So Familiar With Amokachi’ – Eagles Assistant Coach Benjamin James Says
Why We Want Wike To Join APC – Tony Okocha
Emirates Airlines Embarrassed Tinubu – Chidoka
Senate Passes Bill To Revert To Old National Anthem
Don’t blame only Tinubu for worsening insecurity in Northwest – PDP chieftain, Dingyadi
Kano Governor Announces Sack Of Emirs, Gives 48 Hours To Vacate Palaces
Anambra Pupil Beaten To Coma By Teacher Dies
2024 Most Valuable Clubs: Real Madrid Tops Other Seven Premier League Teams
TRENDING

Police nab suspected ritualist in Ogun, recover...

‘They Kidnapped Him’ – Soyinka Makes Surprising...

Kenyan Content Creator ‘Daisy’ Introduces New...

Yusuf reinstates Sanusi to Kano throne, gives former...

Again, lawyers shun Anambra courts over colleague’s...

Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Qualify For WAFU B Under...

Protesters storm APC secretariat, urge Tinubu to...
Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved. Site By Naijaonpoint Media.

Privacy Policy
About
Advertise
Promotions
Contact Us
DMCA
Terms
News
Headlines
History
International
Religion
Metro
Opinion
Sports
Football Highlights
World
Business
Bank Rates
Black Market
Politics
Education
Jobs
Info NG
How To
Wiki
E-News
Music
Dj MixTapes
Gospel Music
Tech
Phone Specifications
Facts
Videos
Music Videos
Comedy
Lifestyle
Nollywood Movies
Movies

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Fubara Cries Out, Says He Didn’t Start Governing Fully Until February 2024 / TOWNHALL MEETING: Otti Vows To Address Infrastructural Challenges In Abia North / Nigeria’s GDP Growth Rate Slowed To 2.98% In Q1 2024, Says NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.