Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,713 members, 7,837,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? (6411 Views)

Cheapvccs.com Virtual Bank Account Boa Vba Avs Vcc Paypal Vcc Ebay Vcc / Good Day My Fellow Webmasters Come In If You Have Paypal Fund For Sale / Do You Have Paypal To Withdraw? I Will Buy Your Paypal. Jimoh From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by mrrock: 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2011
@justwise.
Normally I do not respond to fools but because you responded me directly and just seeing that you don't even know what you are talking about and many novice will go ahead and follow and believe what you saying about paypal that's why I' am writing once more.

1. I have not been to Nigeria for many years. I have neve been a criminal,  have never been convicted of any crime since my whole life.

2. It's not illegal for you to link US bank account to your paypal, infact paypal encourage you to open a US bank account to link with your paypal account if you are in some countries. I have opened paypal for my sister in Uniport and another in Lagos and both of them use it freely.

3. Paypal do not exempt Nigeria because of fraud. There are many countries not allowed by paypal and it's not because of fraud. It's because the banking system of those countries are not modern/ready for online transactions or government of those countries do not approve of them. South Africa was once approved and disapproved again by the government, I don't know the latest.

4. I have rendered services to people from all over the world!. Nigerians don't even use my service because they can't afford online payment.

5. This thread is my domain and if you need any info about paypal or online merchandise as a whole ask me.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Sike(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2011
Weird!
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Princek12(m): 6:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
smile4kenn:

Paypal owns Ebay

If you don't know, now you know

Ebay owns Paypal; if you don't know, now you know.

Why should Paypal operate in Nigeria when it is full of scammers? If I owned Paypal, I would stay away from Nigeria.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by justwise(m): 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2011
mrrock:

@justwise.
Normally I do not respond to fools but because you responded me directly and just seeing that you don't even know what you are talking about and many novice will go ahead and follow and believe what you saying about paypal that's why I' am writing once more.

1. I have not been to Nigeria for many years. I have neve been a criminal,  have never been convicted of any crime since my whole life.

2. It's not illegal for you to link US bank account to your paypal,[b] infact paypal encourage you to open a US bank account to link with your paypal account if you are in some countries. [/b]I have opened paypal for my sister in Uniport and another in Lagos and both of them use it freely.

3. Paypal do not exempt Nigeria because of fraud. There are many countries not allowed by paypal and it's not because of fraud. It's because the banking system of those countries are not modern/ready for online transactions or government of those countries do not approve of them. [/b]South Africa was once approved and disapproved again by the government, I don't know the latest.

4. I have rendered services to people from all over the world!. Nigerians don't even use my service because they can't afford online payment.

5. This thread is my domain and if you need any info about paypal or online merchandise as a whole ask me.

That is coming from somebody who claimed to know alot about Paypal? If Nigerian banking system is not modern or ready for online business, how about other foreign  companies operating online payment system in Nigeria?

You can deny the fact as much as you want, many eBay sellers wouldn't even allow any payment from Nigeria, many put a sign reading: No [b]Nigerian
bidder please! or. . . i do not post to Nigeria

Nigeria is not in the list of countries encouraged to link their Paypal account to banks in US or the UK, get your facts right before you come here to mislead yourself.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Bossman(m): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2011
The lack of Paypal in Nigeria has nothing to do with because the banks systems are not up-to-date. Paypal has flagged Nigeria as one of the countries that they will not allow to access their services. Even those of us that have accounts created in other countries, if we make the mistake of trying to access it from Nigeria (say when visiting), not only will we not be allowed, we will also be required to re-verify the account, and that cannot be done from Nigeria. Once paypal detects an IP originating in Nigeria, it will be flagged as fraudulent.

Typical example here - http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/07/18/is-paypal-scared-of-nigeria/
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by mrrock: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2011
@justwise.
Please stop posting what you don't know.

Any foreign company based in Nigeria would use a US or other country bank account to approve his/her paypal and it's completely legal, there are many Nigerian online sellers already accepting paypal there in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not the only country merchants do not sell to. If it was for fraud then no shipments will go to countries like Russia or Ukrain, or India. A merchant can choose to sell to few countries, infact many US businesses do not sell outside of the USA.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by DualCore1: 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2011
Justwise, just leave the matter. . . let everyone live happily and in peace. If he claims he uses Paypal from Nigeria. . . take it as his claims. Nothing more. I use my bank/card/address verified US paypal and ebay accounts from Nigeria daily and its 100% legal. . . so he may have a point. If its not one that doesn't seem feasible to you, just leave am. Make we no fight.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2011
mrrock:

@justwise.

Any foreign company based in Nigeria would use a US or other country bank account to approve his/her paypal and it's completely legal, there are many Nigerian online sellers already accepting paypal there in Nigeria.

Nigeria is not the only country merchants do not sell to. If it was for fraud then no shipments will go to countries like Russia or Ukrain, or India. A merchant can choose to sell to few countries, infact many US businesses do not sell outside of the USA.

Are you struggling to read or comprehend? Paypal did not encourage any Nigerian business to link their account to banks in US or UK, that was what i said, its legal for countries encouraged by Paypal, not Nigeria.

I hope Nigerians will not abuse that route as well else US banks will cut off Nigerians routing their accounts through US.

Read Bossman's post and the link.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by mrrock: 7:28pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Bossman

That's not because you can't use it in Nigeria but because your IP dictates one of the countries they do not approve, if you go to any other country not approve by them you would have the same problem unless your IP changed.

What I posted is a solution irrespective of whether Nigeria is approved for paypal or not. Get the point.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by mrrock: 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
@Dual Core
You are the only person that gets my point on here. I' am not saying Nigeria is approved. All I offered is a solution that would allow you open and verify paypal whether you be in Nigeria or other countries not approved by paypal.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by justwise(m): 7:32pm On Dec 02, 2011
Dual Core:

Justwise, just leave the matter. . . let everyone live happily and in peace. If he claims he uses Paypal from Nigeria. . . take it as his claims. Nothing more. I use my bank/card/address verified US paypal and ebay accounts from Nigeria daily and its 100% legal. . . so he may have a point. If its not one that doesn't seem feasible to you, just leave am. Make we no fight.

I'm not arguing about that, that is legal as you are not dealing with Paypal directly.

This thread is about eBay/Paypal dealing with Nigeria directly.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by manny4life(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2011
For the people talking about eBay and PayPal are two different companies, just the same way Google owns YouTube, same way eBay owns PayPal. PayPal isn't the only payment method on eBay, you don't have to be a PayPal member to use eBay, however a handful of sellers demand that you have a PayPal account.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by webizone(m): 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2011
Everyone, get a life!
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 03, 2011
When ever I log into my ebay account in Nigeria, both my ebay and paypal accounts are automatically suspended until I get back to the US to sort it out. Anyone else experience same?
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Bossman(m): 2:17am On Dec 03, 2011
Yes. As has been mentioned in a number of responses in this thread. I have never tried my ebay account from Nigeria. But, paypal, will be suspended instantly once their system detects a Nigerian IP (or an IP address from any of the other countries on their black list) address. 

jerseyboy:

When ever I log into my ebay account in Nigeria, both my ebay and paypal accounts are automatically suspended until I get back to the US to sort it out. Anyone else experience same?
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 03, 2011
I have had an ebay acct for 6yrs and can authoratively say that paypal and ebay are one of the same,they allow credit cards,paypal and money orders deopending on what the seller prefers,i only accept credit cards and paypal cos its more secure and it gets deposited in my acct,was thinking of setting up an ebay like thingy but that which allows you to bid directly but havent looked deep into it
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by sovpounds(m): 8:50am On Dec 03, 2011
Some people say they use their paypal in nigeria but I don't want to risk having my paypal blocked. I linked my paypal to my bank account in the UK and got verified. Whenever I want to log into my paypal account in nigeria, I usually ensure I'm using a UK IP address that I buy online. So I use my paypal in nigeria with a UK IP address. With this there is no way paypal can block my account. I have actually turned paypal's refusal to accept nigerians into a business opportunity. I make payments for people through my paypal. No matter what paypal tries nigerians would always be one step ahead.
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by kg(f): 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2011
Paypal once accepted Nigerians, they stopped in 2005 or thereabout.

Whether they accept us or not, people still find ways to do legit online businesses. Not all Nigerians are fraudulent, even if they don't know at least we know!

Google loves us, Facebook loves us, Yahoo loves us because they have eyes for business!
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by soloqy: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2011
kg:

Google loves us

Yet they wont let us use google checkout? What manner of love are you talking about? GNBO love?
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by samyng(m): 3:03pm On Dec 03, 2011
[size=13pt]We are there already [/size]
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by efe22(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
Let me join hands with Paypal never to accept Nigeria again. Our government are so dump that they know nothing about broadband/internet, we keep talking 90% unemployed youth in our Nation but our big tommy good for nothing leaders have forgotten if they can secure the internet by tracking all this Nigeria YAHOO YAHOO 419 SCAMMERS from home and abroad, then confidence will gradually return to some Nigerians.
There are many Billions of dollars flowing online daily but all an average nigerian care is yahoo yahoo.
This same disgusting mentality has been transfused into the useless most corrupt police force in the world (nigerian police force), that any one they see holding a laptop or blackberry is a yahoo yahoo. Never seen this done in other african countries. In uk or us for e.g for every scam mail you sent is being trace back to your residential address. Can this happen in naija. Make u na forget about naija ooo till when Christ come lol

1 Like

Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by Princek12(m): 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2011
soloqy:

Yet they wont let us use google checkout? What manner of love are you talking about? GNBO love?

koni koni love
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by success4(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2011
mrrock:

@justwise.

mrrock! I hope this is not another way you plan to SCAM ignorant Nigerians angry angry
Your claim that you are using PAYPAL in Nigeria or registered for someone and he/she is
using it freely is a BIG lie. Don't mislead people.

I am not a novice whent it comes to PAYPAL modes of operation. They don't accept Nigerian
for a reason best known to them.Many Nigerians had suffered losing their hard earned money
for using Paypal in Nigeria cos paypal frozen their account.

To all, if you fall flat to the deceit of mrrock, you will REGRET it, just ignore
his scam!
Re: Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? by luckyseven: 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
For your information,nairalanders,ebay is the owner of paypal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

@@@ Experts In Development Of Courier Site, KLM and Sport Site Needed???. / Things To Know Before Starting A Blog / Tutorials On How To Create A WAPKA Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.