Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,729 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:38 PM

Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki (7157 Views)

Senator Okpebholo Faces Jail Term As Group Petitions EFCC Over Naira Abuse / Akwa Ibom: Desist From From Smear Campaign Against Udom, Group Tells Oba / APC Crisis: Put God Above Your Interest, Oshiomhole Begs Giadom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by blueeyedguy: 12:21pm On May 24
Akpakowayo should not delve into what is above his pay grade. The Oba is our revered monarch and as such must be accorded that respect. As much as we want peace and progress in the state,the Monarch's name should not be meddled with politics

1 Like

Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Eriyoshegz: 12:25pm On May 24
Akpakowayo don still talk spoil again. How can he be admonishing our god-king? A whole Oba of Benin, na the useless LPAPC supporters I blame, using our revered monarch to play politics. Hand go meet all of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Carlylepneuma: 12:35pm On May 24
Dis guy like trouble pass anything, u don finish with shuaibu now na Oba of Benin ok o. We de look u 👀
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by gbengayandipo20: 1:03pm On May 24
Liar that didn't know what transpired except what the politicians told him.
fuckingAyaya:
no be for Benin kingdom, obaseki grandfather tried same thing ask how he ended up
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by gbengayandipo20: 1:05pm On May 24
The mediocre Monday doesn't know how to express himself, don't blame him. APC has suffered with this their illiterate candidate 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:15pm On May 24
ChizzyBuna:
I want Thank My Parents
For deceiving me for over 28 years that Royal Kings are more stronger and powerful than anybody in the country.

I didn't even know that it is the Governors that appoint and remove traditional rulers
Until Ganduje open my eyes grin grin

If a Governor can remove a Sultan
Then all these Royals na Childs play

Sultan ke?
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Claire2023: 1:39pm On May 24
Who is Akpokomiza is blame the Oba of Benin?
Did i read this well? both parties should sheath their swords? See finish.
Him eyes go soon clear
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Claire2023: 1:43pm On May 24
Akpomiza admonishing out godking is not i am not understanding.
He sure has a nerve but e go too over am
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Timothy89(m): 2:06pm On May 24
The APC candidate is not smart, a dul candidate, he was given a moment to sell himself but prove to be dumb and stuupid

What happen totaken advantage of the Question to warn Obaseki from ridiculing the heritage throne of Benin kingdom, with this you would have gotten 60% assurance of Benin votes

Smartness gave him the platform to represent APC at the poll but the post is too bigger than his level of political wisdom. This is a man that suppose to visit shuaibu, be criticizing obaseki in handling of Oba of Benin with disrespect
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Bitterkola100: 2:38pm On May 24
Claire2023:
Akpomiza admonishing out godking is not i am not understanding.
He sure has a nerve but e go too over am
the man that fought oba because of artifacts, the man that has created multiple traditional council in edo south to reduce obas influence and power, the man that sued oba to court, the man that want to create five kingdoms in edo south just as kano, e no over for am na the man wey admonish the oba e go over for?
Kids.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by commoditiesnig: 2:41pm On May 24
benjida:
Obaseki has moved from fighting Shuaibu to fighting the Oba. Governors behave anyhow they like during their second term.
I tell you.. Its a shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Akpakomiza2: 2:49pm On May 24
Ekpenuwa:

Conflict is what APC rely upon but let me assure you that PDP is much more stronger than you thought...

A party divided into three is strong how? Your ward 2 leader in Oredo just joined APC
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Akpakomiza2: 2:50pm On May 24
Timothy89:
The APC candidate is not smart, a dul candidate, he was given a moment to sell himself but prove to be dumb and stuupid

What happen totaken advantage of the Question to warn Obaseki from ridiculing the heritage throne of Benin kingdom, with this you would have gotten 60% assurance of Benin votes

Smartness gave him the platform to represent APC at the poll but the post is too bigger than his level of political wisdom. This is a man that suppose to visit shuaibu, be criticizing obaseki in handling of Oba of Benin with disrespect

Very true.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Akpakomiza2: 2:51pm On May 24
gbengayandipo20:
The mediocre Monday doesn't know how to express himself, don't blame him. APC has suffered with this their illiterate candidate 🤣🤣🤣

He is better than asue that is supporting obaseki
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by arazanbal: 3:08pm On May 24
You forgot to add the part where the binis fought a war with the british that lead to the capture of Oba Ovonramwen 'N' gbesè for clearity sake. Some persons might see's it as a mere removal like that of kano . I come in peace

JuanDeDios:

Yes. The British removed Oba Ovonramwen in 1897.

However, it's not as easy. The thing is, you can pick anyone from certain families to be emir of Kano. But in Benin, only one person, the eldest surviving son of the last king, can be king. So if the state government removes him, Benin would go kingless until he dies in exile and his eldest son is enthroned. However, the political cost of doing that will be such that no governor would contemplate it lightly. Of course, if he was removed because he was manifestly bad and everyone agrees, the traditional council might agree for a regent to reign in his place until his death and it's time for his son, the crown prince. But, again, even with primogeniture, regency often leads to disputes, as we saw in Ubiaja and other places.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Blazebond(m): 3:27pm On May 24
For gubernatorial elections na em dis otondo dey fly go abroad for Town Hall meeting! Who wan fly come back to vote for gubernatorial elections? Or na ways to siphon abroad people money be this.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by dododawa1: 4:36pm On May 24
KING

OBA

OBI

WHAT ARE BENEFIT TO

ECONOMY
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by JohnOkolo: 7:24am On May 25
DeepSight:
Can anyone ever try what happened in Kano in Benin? Removing and un-removing the king?

When there finish bastardizing the sacred institutions politically, then it will be free for all. And Obas will be placed and removed at whimps
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by JuanDeDios: 12:34pm On May 26
Fiscus105:

And who tell you that government can't promugate a law that would open the throne for any Benin bonafide person? You dnt know the power revolve around govt.
In theory, the government can, but it'd take an Idi Amin-type dictator to attempt that. The government can only change the mode of succession to a throne it created - like the Bichi emirate, and no government anywhere has ever changed the mode of succession to any throne. You can only tinker with succession lightly (like Nick Clegg's amendment did to the British throne a few years back) and that is where the people have no problem with such a tinkering. Idiogbe (promigeniture) is rooted in Edo culture and has been upheld by the Supreme Court, and "throwing open" the Benin throne is not the sort of thing government would contemplate. It would be far easier to abolish the throne than to do that.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Fiscus105(m): 12:45pm On May 26
JuanDeDios:

In theory, the government can, but it'd take an Idi Amin-type dictator to attempt that. The government can only change the mode of succession to a throne it created - like the Bichi emirate, and no government anywhere has ever changed the mode of succession to any throne. You can only tinker with succession lightly (like Nick Clegg's amendment did to the British throne a few years back) and that is where the people have no problem with such a tinkering. Idiogbe (promigeniture) is rooted in Edo culture and has been upheld by the Supreme Court, and "throwing open" the Benin throne is not the sort of thing government would contemplate. It would be far easier to abolish the throne than to do that.

Oga, you dnt know the enomous power of government and how people in power can manipulate people to do their biddings.

YOU THINK SEVERAL PEOPLE OF BENIN ORIGIN, MOST ESPECIALLY AMONG HIGH CHIEFS, WONT BE HAPPY IF OBA OF BENIN STOOL IS OPEN TO MORE THAN ONE FAMILY IN BENIN KINGDOM?

....who no wan become king and his rule his people.....
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by JuanDeDios: 1:03pm On May 26
Fiscus105:

Oga, you dnt know the enomous power of government and how people in power can manipulate people to do their biddings.

YOU THINK SEVERAL PEOPLE OF BENIN ORIGIN, MOST ESPECIALLY AMONG HIGH CHIEFS, WONT BE HAPPY IF OBA OF BENIN STOOL IS OPEN TO MORE THAN ONE FAMILY IN BENIN KINGDOM?

....who no wan become king and his rule his people.....
I don't. Even if I did, an average person is sensible enough to know you won't be plucked randomly and made a king so he doesn't have such aspirations.

Everyone knows the power of government. Not sure why you think only you do. The power of government is different from what can realistically happen. I know the indigenous Bini people. No, I don't believe there are many of them who will accept even a minor change to the throne succession, much less an important one that seeks to do away with an orderly system and open it up for disputes (for what reason exactly?). Even though people can be that self-serving, if it were throne open, only two or three families would be eligible and they'd have to be descendants of some past Oba (Maybe you start from Adolor or Ovonramwhen or Akenzua). No, you can't just pick some "high chiefs" at random since they would have no claim to the throne. So why would many people support that?
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by Fiscus105(m): 2:11pm On May 27
JuanDeDios:

I don't. Even if I did, an average person is sensible enough to know you won't be plucked randomly and made a king so he doesn't have such aspirations.

Everyone knows the power of government. Not sure why you think only you do. The power of government is different from what can realistically happen. I know the indigenous Bini people. No, I don't believe there are many of them who will accept even a minor change to the throne succession, much less an important one that seeks to do away with an orderly system and open it up for disputes (for what reason exactly?). Even though people can be that self-serving, if it were throne open, only two or three families would be eligible and they'd have to be descendants of some past Oba (Maybe you start from Adolor or Ovonramwhen or Akenzua). No, you can't just pick some "high chiefs" at random since they would have no claim to the throne. So why would many people support that?

I don't want reply you again since you don't want to come out from absolute ignorance you wear as ur garment, but I choose to when the news of suspension of Oba of Benin uncle broke out.

If government promulgated that the whole family of Oba of Benin would henceforth have opportunity to become Oba of Benin instead of just one person, won't the uncle and every other male children in that lineage happy and accept it without thinking twice?

It's only a foolish that would think, the rest of Oba lineage won't be happy and jump to the throne if such opportunity presents its.

Anyway, you free to be leaving in ignorance if not foolishness.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by JuanDeDios: 2:29pm On May 27
Fiscus105:

I don't want reply you again since you don't want to come out from absolute ignorance you wear as ur garment, but I choose to when the news of suspension of Oba of Benin uncle broke out.

If government promulgated that the whole family of Oba of Benin would henceforth have opportunity to become Oba of Benin instead of just one person, won't the uncle and every other male children in that lineage happy and accept it without thinking twice?

It's only a foolish that would think, the rest of Oba lineage won't be happy and jump to the throne if such opportunity presents its.

Anyway, you free to be leaving in ignorance if not foolishness.
Your problem is worse than ignorance. That's why you don't read with comprehension, argue points that aren't disputed, and throw words like "foolish" and "ignorant" around like a lower monkey struggling to learn English.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by RoxyBrownAutos: 4:42pm On May 27
So the oba of benin is gods not human being.I wonder how long it will take this benin people to come out of fatish believe.Do gods die no,if the oba is now god why did his father died before the present oba took over the throne.
Re: Traditional Council Crisis: Put Edo First, Senator Okpebholo tells Oba, Obaseki by NitaNot: 6:49am On May 28
The current Oba Of Benin is living in medieval times and unfortunately, some shallow headed Bini sons are stuck in the past with him.

If the Oba of Benin should wrong you, you too will go to Court. Or are you a SLAVE

The Oba of Benin plotted and had his Uncle, Prof. Akenzua, over 85 years old, an esteemed Canada trained Professor of Medicine, National Award Winner, Former DVC, Academics, University of Benin & ex Chairman, Governing Council of the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, arrested AND CHARGED TO COURT on trumped up charges of impersonating himself as the Enogie of Evbuobanosa based on his purported suspension of him. A power, according to the LAW, that he does not have!

And unlike some SLAVES think, NOBODY IS ABOVE THE LAW. Infact, na the Oba first go the Court.

Prof. Akenzua is simply in Court to ask the Court to remind the Oba that he is NOT ABOVE THE LAW.

There is a lot that the Professor has endured, as a Son himself of Oba Akenzua and junior Brother to The Late Oba Erediauwa to protect the Palace. But arresting him and charging him to Court with the intention to have him locked up is the last straw that BROKE the Camel's back.

He needs to understand that respect begets respect. Those willing to be Slaves may look upon the Oba as above the law but to his Uncle, of the same and earlier BLUE BLOOD than himself, he is a man that has arrogated to himself powers that he does not have.

Sometimes, even Kings, need to be reminded that they are human.

Let the Court decide whether the Oba of Benin is LAW above the Nigeria Constitution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Constitution Is A Fraud - Fashola / Pengassan To Withdraw Their Services Starting From January 9th / Busted! Information Minister, Lai Mohammed’s Son Caught Smoking In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.