Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,855 members, 7,862,803 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians (15920 Views)

Rivers State First Class Kings, Traditional Rulers (Photos) / Names Of Traditional Rulers In Yoruba Land / Emir Of Kano: His 2 Rolls Royces At The Center Of The Controversy (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by DumiChills: 11:58am On May 24
angry sad
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by ebinpawa: 12:00pm On May 24
OlujobaSamuel:

Una just love to dey insult people
Was it Jonathan that made him the CBN governor??
Let GEJ enjoy his peace before you drag am to matter wey no concern am

Jonathan was a weakling ,thereby causing APC to steal their mandate

1 Like

Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Honoredeblazac: 12:01pm On May 24
Sad
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Hezmatosky: 12:05pm On May 24
Nigerians are too forgetful. Sanusi and Soludo should be suffering what Emefielie is suffering now. Although, wetin concern me lipsrsealed
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Fiscus105(m): 12:06pm On May 24
Racoon:
All is tyed to the Kano politics. Traditional stools or institutions used to be a highly reverred body until they became bastardized by politicians.

Is it politicians that bastardized it or some traditional institutions usually want to step beyond their boundaries?

I never see or hear that, British monarchs public going against British politicians, despite the fact that, it's most powerful traditional institution globally.
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Afonja007: 12:06pm On May 24
In all this Indigenous hausa people will not even near emir not to talk of contesting for emirship in their own lands? Imagine strangers ruling Indigenous people in their own land

2 Likes

Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Fiscus105(m): 12:10pm On May 24
Hezmatosky:
Nigerians are too forgetful. Sanusi and Soludo should be suffering what Emefielie is suffering now. Although, wetin concern me lipsrsealed

How? I guess you re the one reeks on ignorant, perhaps suffering from half information.

1 Like

Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by uuzba(m): 12:10pm On May 24
casualobserver:

The root of all this is that all Nigerian Kings lost their kingdoms to the British. After which they became employees of the British Govt to help administer the locals because the land was great but they did not have enough personnel. On gaining independence, the Nigerian govt inherited all employees of govt including traditional Kings. You are only a “King” in Nigeria because the govt says so because your their forefathers lost their kingdoms and the governor is your employer.
You are 1000% correct.
This is the very nature of Nigeria.
Different Kingdoms under a democracy.
The people have many masters to obey.
Hence all the confusion in the land.
Western countries are not setup this way. That's why their own works but ours does not.
So we remain 50-50.
50% chance Nigeria will work
50% chance Nigeria will fall back into different tribes and disintegrate.
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by iamoyindamola(m): 12:20pm On May 24
Olatundex22:
Ok this book long for me to read. My PS4 pro 1T with 9 games and original controller for sale. I need money to upgrade
How much and location
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Olatundex22(m): 12:27pm On May 24
iamoyindamola:

How much and location
300k Abuja
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Executive729: 12:51pm On May 24
Nwaokunkpara:
Why's Ganduje not in prison yet?

He said he is working for the re election of the drug baron. The first anywhere in the world, election to election no time to work for the people. Nigeria we hailed
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by okven: 12:57pm On May 24
The originators
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Jayhome24: 2:50pm On May 24
arithletics:

Until Apc happened

So na apc dey do the nonsense since 1963 till date ba?

You really try I swear....
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Mubieey: 4:15pm On May 24
Sunusi is the most luckiest man I’ve seen because of his return to the emirate whilst Ganduje is the second luckiest because he’s not in prison yet

1 Like

Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by id4sho(m): 5:23pm On May 24
whippersnapper:
They should thank God its still within the family.
Your mind dey there 💯
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Princelumide: 9:14am On May 25
It's in their blood.... wink cheesy grin
Re: The Many Battles Of Kano Traditional Rulers With Politicians by Librason: 8:40am On May 28
EDO no be kano, all this political interference may not be possible in Edo state, will Obaseki succeeds in his current tussle? I doubt it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

70th Birthday: Etsu Nupe Alhaji Abubakar Receives VIP Magazine Publisher In Abuj / Selection Of New Mai Tangale Turns Violent As Gombe Govt Imposes 24-Hour Curfew / 7 Common Wedding Traditions And Their Origins!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.