Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,747 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination (2128 Views)

Sit-At-Home: Soldiers Killed In Aba As IPOB Militants Run Wild In Abia / Jubilation In Aba As Otti Upgrades ABSUTH Ahead Of Visit By Accreditation Team / IPOB Declares Sit-at-home In Aba As Buhari Visits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Ibrahimcoomasie: 11:44pm On May 24
Old and young all came out in thousands to jubilate and take videos and pictures as the street now been turned to a sight attraction.

A video of Abia residents celebrating the installation of streetlights in Aba, by Governor Alex Otti, is trending online.

In the video, the residents could be seen dancing in excitement after the streetlights were turned on.

The video quickly sparked reactions among online users as some wondered how people could be celebrating such basic amenities in 2024, while others celebrated the development and commended Governor Otti.

See some reactions gathered by gwg.ng:

deals_npd said, “Nigerian are not asking for too much button.”

brendanukagod said, “They are jubilating over a street light, the state has really been in the dark. The past governors should be ashamed. Thank you Otti.”

myviewmyreality said, “You can imagine street light Nigerians just want good infrastructure, God bless Gov Otti.”

biromboy said, “Bad leadership is Satanic.”

i_am_graciousdiamond said, “The only working State, Doing new project every other day. God bless my Governor.”

officialchuddy said, “Good governance speaks for itself… When a good man is on the throne, people rejoice.”

okpainlagos said, “street light The past governors should be ashamed of themselves.”

rexyeastcoastnigga said, “Good governance is not rocket science.”

okohjohn47 Bush said, “people, na wetin Una suppose dey enjoy in the early 90s Una dey celebrate in 2024.”

just.gemgem commented, “Normally this is meant to be a normal thing but this country and it’s rulers.”

harryjlamb said, “We aren’t asking much…..light, road, low cost of food, etc……what have we done wrong Mr president.

Nlfpmod

https://gwg.ng/2024/05/24/abia-residents-jubilate-after-gov-otti-installs-streetlights-in-aba-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWUy4SkbWlo?si=5ymClKjsNTr-omcR

3 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 11:46pm On May 24
That's Dividend of Democracy.

Baterians, when will Tinubu make NIGERIANs to smile too?

Even Garri that used to be cheaper than street light, the poor can't even eat again!!

Tinubu even got elected before Otti oooo yet Nigerians both young and old, yoruba, Igbo, and Hausa are all crying

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by TheGiftedOne(m): 11:48pm On May 24
When light comes, darkness disappears.

All the tribalists (from the north, east west or south) coming here to turn this thread to a tribal war, may your light never ever shine. Can I hear a loud amen brethren?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by NwaNimo1(m): 11:52pm On May 24

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Ezewuzie01: 11:52pm On May 24
Abia state is really backward. Even abokis will not behave this primitively.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Goodvibes007: 11:55pm On May 24
They celebrate:
- Julius Berger sign
- Thick gutter
- Streetlight
- Funny looking fountain
SE has not enjoyed good governance since the 1960s.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by meum: 12:01am On May 25
Was it really that bad?

Chai. God go continually bless that Returning Officer m, Prof. N. Oti for making Abians enjoy dividends of democracy. For them to rejoice over street lights then it was bad

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:01am On May 25
Ezewuzie01:

Look at this one

Yoruba Ronu sef.

I was in Akure, Ondo state capital the period a roundabout with water fountain was built.

As a Corper, I saw You Yoruba people taking your girlfriends to the place to take pictures as if it was las Vegas.😂

Even your mother's started selling snacks around the fountain as it was Bahamas😂.

Na who no know una, go dey believe una online trash comments.

This same Yoruba boy has never fetched water from a pipe borne/borehole water aside well, yet he's talking like he lives in Eldorado😂

Let's not even talk about the slums and shanties you call houses😂. Na die be that one 😂

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:07am On May 25
meum:
Was it really that bad?

Chai. God go continually bless that Returning Officer m, Prof. N. Oti for making Abians enjoy dividends of democracy. For them to rejoice over street lights then it was bad

That particular road was recently constructed and they installed street lights at once there.

Moreso, the people jubilating were aged women.

Aba had street lights before now. Even Useless Ikpeazu fixed some around Aba Owerri road when I visited a friend. But that moment, your favorite does something, you celebrate it because you're reaping fruit of your action and decision.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Goodvibes007: 12:08am On May 25
meum:
Was it really that bad?

It's a SE thing generally. I use to hear how bad it was. It is rumoured that Theordore was the worst person to ever rule Abia state, and at some point, Nairalanders were even comparing Theordore Orji (Abia) to Peter Obi (Anambra) to see who was worse.

MrGlobe back then was the equivalent of our present day Racoon.

https://www.nairaland.com/863236/peter-obi-vs-theodore-orji

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:10am On May 25
Goodvibes007:

It's a SE thing generally. I use to hear how bad it was. At some point, Nairalanders were even comparing Theordore Orji (Abia) to Peter Obi (Anambra) to see who was worse.

https://www.nairaland.com/863236/peter-obi-vs-theodore-orji

I dare you to mention your state of Origin let's compare it with Abia.

If them born you well, mention it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by yarimo(m): 12:11am On May 25
Backwardness, millionaires and billionaires celebrating streetlight ooo chaiiiii 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:12am On May 25
Ezewuzie01:

The only backward one here is you that parades all over nairaland using a Igbo moniker when you’re actually a Igbo-hating bigot! Why are you ashamed of carrying on your hate and trolling using your real ethnic identity!?

On topic: I’m happy for Ndi-Abia! I will rejoice with them over this had i been there! The symbolism of having streetlights on their street for the first time goes much deeper than just celebrating streetlights….it shows gov’t is being felt in their lives and means well for the masses for the first time possibly since 1999!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:15am On May 25
LOVEALAIGBO:

The only backward one here is you that parades all over nairaland using a Igbo moniker when you’re actually a Igbo-hating bigot! What are you ashamed of carrying on your hate and trolling using your real ethnic identity!?

On topic: I’m happy for Ndi-Abia! I will rejoice with them over this has i been there! The symbolism of having streetlights on their street for the first time goes much deeper than just celebrating streetlights….it shows gov’t is being felt in their lives and means well for the masses for the first time possibly since 1999!

My dear, stop explaining to this children of hate.

Same people that their states of origin na slum. Including their capitals.

Is it Ibadan? Abii na Akure? Abij na Abeokuta? Abi na Ado?

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by opamoses1: 12:17am On May 25
Gossiphub:

That particular road was recently constructed and they installed street lights at once there.

Moreso, the people jubilating were aged women.

Aba had street lights before now. Even Useless Ikpeazu fixed some around Aba Owerri road when I visited a friend. But that moment, your favorite does something, you celebrate it because you're reaping fruit of your action and decision.
See lie oooo..
Men children and women,.all young and old were celebrating and running around like it's some sort of parade lol..OP has added video. LMAO.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Tflex01: 12:17am On May 25
I don't even know how to react to this.

😂
Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Tflex01: 12:19am On May 25
Gossiphub:

My dear, stop explaining to this children of hate.

Same people that their states of origin na slum. Including their capitals.

Is it Ibadan? Abii na Akure? Abij na Abeokuta? Abi na Ado?

Are you sure? 😂

😂

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Tflex01: 12:21am On May 25
Goodvibes007:
They celebrate:
- Julius Berger sign
- Thick gutter
- Streetlight
- Funny looking fountain
SE has not enjoyed good governance since the 1960s.

Couldn't have been better said. 😆

The bar is just so low for them. cool

6 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Goodvibes007: 12:23am On May 25
Gossiphub:

I dare you to mention your state of Origin let's compare it with Abia.

If them born you well, mention it.
Is this the reason why one of your bro came to steal streetlight in my state. To go and light up Aba 😂

https://www.nairaland.com/8085988/lagos-neighborhood-watch-arrest-vandal

30 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by LegendHero(m): 12:24am On May 25
This topic funny.

OP don jogodo. Which one be “Witness” streetlight again?

35 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:28am On May 25
Goodvibes007:

Is this the reason why one of your bro came to steal streetlight in my state. To go and light up Aba 😂

Ordinary mention your state, you're whyning like earthworm 😂😂😂.

Lmao. I don die with laughter 😂

If your papa actually impregnated your mom and birthed you, mention your state let's compare it with Abia.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Goodvibes007: 12:28am On May 25
Gossiphub:

Ordinary mention your state, you're whyning like earthworm 😂😂😂.

Lmao. I don die with laughter 😂😭😭
My state is in the link below. Mr Friday Nwafor lol. Even Mushin LGA where I am from is far far far greater than Abia 🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:30am On May 25
Goodvibes007:

My state is in the link below. Mr Friday Nwafor lol.

I thought as much 😂😂😂.

Make I go sleep abeg.

Na potential Osun or Ekiti deportee I dey follow argue😂😂

Lagosian by mistake 😂

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by opamoses1: 12:31am On May 25
Goodvibes007:

My state is in the link below. Mr Friday Nwafor lol. Even Mushin LGA where I am from is far far far greater than Abia 🤣🤣🤣

Jesus Christ. ...where do you Nairalanders come from grin

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Gossiphub: 12:31am On May 25
opamoses1:

Jesus Christ. ...where do you Nairalanders come from grin

If you like switch 200 accounts.

Accidental Lagosian 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by opamoses1: 12:32am On May 25
Gossiphub:

If you like switch 200 accounts.

Accidental Lagosian 😂
I don't know your aside hurriedly skimming through your propaganda threads. You are backing at the wrong tree.

1 Like

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by opamoses1: 12:33am On May 25
Tflex01:
I don't even know how to react to this.

😂
Funny and sad at the same time. Funny at first then sad at what these people have been through grin

4 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by opamoses1: 12:35am On May 25
LegendHero:
This topic funny.

OP don jogodo. Which one be “Witness” streetlight again?
Nairaland Lingo perhaps. Nairaland and funny topic titles.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by jimetagambo: 12:50am On May 25
yarimo:
Backwardness, millionaires and billionaires celebrating streetlight ooo chaiiiii 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Developers of Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Jos, and Port Hacourt, but for reasons best known to them, they forgot to develop their own.

5 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by yarimo(m): 12:51am On May 25
jimetagambo:

Developers of Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Jos, and Port Hacourt, but for reasons best known to them, they forgot to develop their own.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by hisgrace090: 1:11am On May 25
God is indeed using this otti to wipe the tears of abians wish the development will go round the state with timer.

2 Likes

Re: Jubilation In Aba As Residents Witness Streetlight Illumination by Blazebond(m): 3:21am On May 25
Lol,but I want to ask o,is it only.ABA that the governor is working on? Because all I read is ABA everyday,what about the other cities or local government?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Stole Ptdf Money.click Here To See How. / Polish Parliament Gets Its 1st African Lawmaker (naija Son) / I’ve Never Seen Burial Like This – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.